Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
No Ike here in Boise. If anyone is out and is able to pick up an extra I would be happy to pay cost plus shipping plus some cash for your trouble.

Two closer stores show "low stock" for Marth, and my wife is actually in the town working.

One said they didn't have any, and the other won't answer the phone.  (Possible bad/old number?)  :/

I haven't been keeping up with this amiibo stuff, so I don't know if this has been posted or if this is a good price or even worth posting. I was browsing and noticed GameDealDaily had a few available from Japan that it says are now discontinued:

Marth - $33.49 http://gamedealdaily.com/wii-u/marth-amiibo/

Little Mac - $28.75 http://gamedealdaily.com/amiibo/little-mac-amiibo/

Captain Falcon - $28.75 http://gamedealdaily.com/amiibo/captain-falcon-amiibo/

Villager - $28.75 http://gamedealdaily.com/amiibo/villager-amiibo/

And this is why I continue to shop at my gamestop.  Assistant manager called me today saying Marth came in.  They held one for me and I just picked it up while grabbing lunch.  Hassle free.  Now the wait for my web-in-store order of Lucina & Robin to come in when street date hits :D

Two closer stores show "low stock" for Marth, and my wife is actually in the town working.
One said they didn't have any, and the other won't answer the phone. (Possible bad/old number?) :/
Just go to the store, the shipment may have not come in yet or hasn't been looked through.

From shay I've been seeing, each store should have gotten two loose figures and a case of Ike.

well it pays to help your local gamestop. Manager txted me this morning he was getting marth in and then held one for me. Stopped at my lunch break and picked it up. Manager is a big amiibo guy so i have helped him in the past which he returned the favor.
And this is why I continue to shop at my gamestop. Assistant manager called me today saying Marth came in. They held one for me and I just picked it up while grabbing lunch. Hassle free. Now the wait for my web-in-store order of Lucina & Robin to come in when street date hits :D
Exactly. They are withholding stock from normal customers.

Good for you for getting one. But other people are not pleased when "managers" aren't allowing the public to purchase common stock figures. Behavior like this from the employees is exactly why GS gets a bad rep.

Exactly. They are withholding stock from normal customers.

Good for you for getting one. But don't expect anyone else to be impressed that "managers" aren't allowing the public to purchase common stock figures. Behavior like this from the employees is exactly why GS gets a bad rep.
WHY in the world is that poster NOT a "normal customer?" Letting regular customers know when special items come in is TAKING CARE OF your customers.

I got a call from the Gamestop I preordered Ike from and they said they got more in, so I could come in and get one. Glad to see I'm getting it, even if they screwed up and I had to wait an extra three months.

Man I need to find a marth so far no luck, has anyone seen the restock at any other retailers beside Gamestop and Amazon?

I know the SKU and/or UPC became active again at other places.

Marth GET.

Anybody on here use Paypal/Paypal Debit Card to pre-order from Walmart?  I noticed the pre-order fell off my transaction list and they never put on a new hold (like two weeks now).  The order still shows processing, so it didn't get cancelled.   Is that normal? 

Yes!!! Got a Marth today in NC. Had to drive 45 miles from Durham, NC to Smithfield, NC but I'm glad it's done. Also got the call to pick up my Ike today as well!!

called one of my local GS and they informed me that they have yet to receive their shipment of Marth amiibo. Shipment meant only two Marth amiibo he was expecting to get. he also told me that it was first come, first serve and that if I asked him to hold one even if they had one, I'd be "wasting his and my time." Apparently the Marths should be coming in sometime tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday. He said I should probably just give up, that unless I stalked the store for the next 3 days from open to close, I'm most likely not going to get one.

Have I mentioned that I hate dealing with GS :wall:

Reprint versus First Print Comparison

(Left: Reprint / Right: First Print)

lnJHQhM.jpg

Source: index[wc]

Q: How can you tell the difference?

A: Both packaging look almost identical with 2014 copyright, except for the production/manufacturing stamp.

First Print from BestBuy (pickup label still affix):

344W3: Week 34 of 2014, Factory W3

x9zuM4O.jpg

Reprints from Amazon and GameStop:

115W2 and 125W2: Week 11 and 12 of 2015, Factory W2

I'm sorry but the differences between the reprints are so freaking minor that I call bullshit over all the hoopla.

People would fail a blind taste test differentiating these Marths half the time!

The people that mainly care about the differences are the ones trying to maintain the values of their OG Marths.  Until we start seeing auctions that list the digits stamped into the back of the boxes, it shows that people in general don't value cataloging the versions as separate. 

Which should change some day soon.  But since there are no ink words or numbers on the box that signify the figure version, there should be much less value disparity (and demand) between versions than there is in most other collectables.  Nintendo deliberately didn't change the packaging which was an interesting choice.  Also, figures like Villager where the different versions are much more distinct with the raised hair line, will have a greater value disparity.

They both are kinda ugly honestly. Still, true hardcore collectors will pay a premium for the original. In fact, they were probably waiting for the reprint to avoid it but now that there is a difference, they will want both original and reprint.

Got two marth's and gamestop called me and told me my 3 Ike's where available for pickup. The guy held the marth's before they even arrived in there store. I am glad I have a good gamestop where I live.

since the tracker for ike isn't working, how are you guys getting ikes (for those that didnt preorder)? calling each GS stores?
I preordered mine. But some gamestops are accidentally putting out preorders on the shelves, the employee told me they put out my preorders for about 2 hours before realizing they where mine. So I am assuming some people are just getting lucky.

I preordered mine. But some gamestops are accidentally putting out preorders on the shelves, the employee told me they put out my preorders for about 2 hours before realizing they where mine. So I am assuming some people are just getting lucky.
while that would benefit for someone like me, that really sucks for the other person.

Haven't really been following amiibo much since it's no longer fun and I've been using the time I was dedicating to tracking these down to actually play games again but decided to check in on this thread and saw GS tracker show a Marth at a nearby store and figured why not? Went and waited before opening and guy said that that tracker was wrong and that they only got 1 when they did get them so no dice. Even this "reprint" is disappointing.

will walmart carry lucina and robin in store on the 29th? Is there any point of staying up for the midnight release at walmart?

Well....got my Captain Falcon cancelled on me from YesAsia. Anyone know where I can score one? And no, I'm not at the performing sexual favors point yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back