Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in the midst of selling all my Amiibos, as this has become too much of a hassle for me to care about anymore, especially when I want them for the in-game content, not for the figures themselves. I just received a phone call from Gamestop saying my Ike preorder had come in stock. I picked up my Ike back when he first was released in March. I'm not sure where this preorder came from. I'm trying to debate whether I should just let my preorder go or pick it up and add it to what I have to sell. I don't feel bad selling all my current collection for profit since that wasn't my original intent, but if I go pick this one up it's specifically just so I can scalp it.

TALK SOME SENSE INTO ME PEOPLE! I AM GOING TO BECOME THE THING THAT WE ALL HATE!
You could pick it up and sell it to a cag for cost.. Might make you feel better about profiting off the rest

Amazon is being deliberate with wave 4. They are planning to do 1 character each per customer. They will release all stock at once unlike the Marth amiibo stock which get updated once it is scanned in. They will try to give at least some kind of notice when they will be up. This info is all from Amazon Josh.
at this point wouldn't be surprised if they put it up on release day. and that's great if they do 1 per customer.

I've been in the midst of selling all my Amiibos, as this has become too much of a hassle for me to care about anymore, especially when I want them for the in-game content, not for the figures themselves. I just received a phone call from Gamestop saying my Ike preorder had come in stock. I picked up my Ike back when he first was released in March. I'm not sure where this preorder came from. I'm trying to debate whether I should just let my preorder go or pick it up and add it to what I have to sell. I don't feel bad selling all my current collection for profit since that wasn't my original intent, but if I go pick this one up it's specifically just so I can scalp it.

TALK SOME SENSE INTO ME PEOPLE! I AM GOING TO BECOME THE THING THAT WE ALL HATE!
You could like, sell them to people for cost + shipping.

Why don't you just melt them all and make YouTube videos of it instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xbxJ2Yaiqc

So far melting it seems like my favorite option. :D

If I make it around to getting to my Gamestop before tomorrow is over I'll just put up the Ike at cost + shipping on here. No guarantees though. It all depends on if I make it by there to pick up, as they said in the phone call they're only holding these for one day instead of two, as usual.

All the rest of my collection took too much time and effort to get my hands on. That's all getting sold for as much as I can get for each one.

^----I've often thought of doing that.

lmao!!!! Look at this dumbass on eBay.

dumb ass gamestop employee

You would think he would want some sort of anonymity but showing the receipt with an employee discount attached too it?!?!?

lol... This guy really is a dumb shit, his name is on the receipt (Trevor Morgan) and the eBay iD coincides with that. If your located around Harrisonburg, VA give him shit!!!!! He even pictures the Battlefront lanyard that most GS employees are wearing right now.
He took off the picture with the receipt now
I saw that he took it off and changed his ebay id, it's not like you could check and see that he changed it anyway. Only three stores in that vicinity, not hard to track down or call and report if you really care to.

Would be kinda messed up to get someone fired over that. Jobs are hard to come by today. That's their lively hood, and would essentially be reported out of jealousy or vindictiveness.

For all we know he wants a few extra bucks to help take care of a cancer-stricken relative.

Would be kinda messed up to get someone fired over that. Jobs are hard to come by today. That's their lively hood, and would essentially be reported out of jealousy or vindictiveness.

For all we know he wants a few extra bucks to help take care of a cancer-stricken relative.
It would be unfortunate, but he did sign off on the handbook when he started there, and this is clearly against company policy. It is listed as a terminable offense. GameStop takes these sorts of things seriously, especially when it is a product as sought after as amiibo. These sorts of incidents help fuel GameStop's bad reputation.

It would be unfortunate, but he did sign off on the handbook when he started there, and this is clearly against company policy. It is listed as a terminable offense. GameStop takes these sorts of things seriously, especially when it is a product as sought after as amiibo. These sorts of incidents help fuel GameStop's bad reputation.
understood, but even fools deserve 2nd chances

Technically, he would have no one to blame but himself for getting fired, but to me it's akin to getting a speeding ticket for going 2 mph over the limit.

I think the whole thing is kinda dumb anyway. If employees are allowed to use their discounts to buy rare items for themselves, then once they own it, they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. Keep it, sell it, hell use it as a sex toy for all I care.

I just don't like someone telling you what you can and cannot do with your own property that you legally purchased. Which is why I hate the whole premise of intellectual property rights, but that is a whole other subject matter entirely.

I don't care that the guy did it either, but he was dumb enough to post a receipt in the manor that he did. The interweb is full of idiots me being one of them. >_<

I would imagine with it being all over Reddit and such, corporate has already seen it.
This made it to reddit, got a link?

I don't care that the guy did it either, but he was dumb enough to post a receipt in the manor that he did. The interweb is full of idiots me being one of them. >_<

This made it to reddit, got a link?
It may not have gotten to Reddit. I flip back between there and this thread, so I may have gotten confused. All I was saying is that GameStop have people who watch out for these sorts of things. If a big enough deal is made about it, they will see it.

Technically, he would have no one to blame but himself for getting fired, but to me it's akin to getting a speeding ticket for going 2 mph over the limit.

I think the whole thing is kinda dumb anyway. If employees are allowed to use their discounts to buy rare items for themselves, then once they own it, they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. Keep it, sell it, hell use it as a sex toy for all I care.

I just don't like someone telling you what you can and cannot do with your own property that you legally purchased. Which is why I hate the whole premise of intellectual property rights, but that is a whole other subject matter entirely.
Most employers have no problem with employees selling their purchases IF they don't use employee discount and follow the same rules as a customer to get them (ie preorder, wait in line etc etc). The problem is they are using their advantage to get the product then sell it to a potential customer that would have bought it from the company.

They company can't tell them that they can't sell it, but they can choose the terms that the employees has to follow if they want to keep their job. That's THEIR right as an employer.

This is straight from a GameStop handbook.

All GameStop Associates owe the Company a duty of loyalty. The duty of loyalty applies to

Associates outside of their working hours and when they are not on Company property. Pursuant

to this duty of loyalty, the following policies apply even if the Associate does not use a Company

computer and even if the Associate engages in the conduct outside of his or her working hours.

Any use of GameStop’s name or service marks outside the course of the user’s employment

without the express authorization of Company management is prohibited.

GameStop prohibits Associates from representing the Company in discussions on the

Internet. No media advertisements, Internet home page, electronic bulletin board posting,

electronic mail message, voice mail message, or any other public representation about the

Company or on behalf of the Company may be issued unless it has first been approved by

Senior Management.

GameStop prohibits Associates from posting confidential or proprietary information on the

Internet or disclosing such information to anyone outside the Company.

GameStop prohibits Associates from posting untrue information or making disparaging

remarks about the Company, its policies or any Associates on the Internet.

GameStop prohibits Associates from reselling products purchased from a GameStop store or

received as a gift from GameStop or a GameStop vendor for a profit.

If you don't want to get fired from your job don't do shit to cause yourself to get fired.

Apparently he feels its worth risking his job over "a stupid plastic toy"

This is straight from a GameStop handbook.

All GameStop Associates owe the Company a duty of loyalty. The duty of loyalty applies to

Associates outside of their working hours and when they are not on Company property. Pursuant

to this duty of loyalty, the following policies apply even if the Associate does not use a Company

computer and even if the Associate engages in the conduct outside of his or her working hours.

Any use of GameStop’s name or service marks outside the course of the user’s employment

without the express authorization of Company management is prohibited.

GameStop prohibits Associates from representing the Company in discussions on the

Internet. No media advertisements, Internet home page, electronic bulletin board posting,

electronic mail message, voice mail message, or any other public representation about the

Company or on behalf of the Company may be issued unless it has first been approved by

Senior Management.

GameStop prohibits Associates from posting confidential or proprietary information on the

Internet or disclosing such information to anyone outside the Company.

GameStop prohibits Associates from posting untrue information or making disparaging

remarks about the Company, its policies or any Associates on the Internet.

GameStop prohibits Associates from reselling products purchased from a GameStop store or

received as a gift from GameStop or a GameStop vendor for a profit.
I understand that. I think it's stupid that it's in the handbook.

Damn you people are ruthless.....

Like you never broke rules before :/.....!!!!!!

But he was a big dummy for parading his receipt.

However. We still don't know his circumstances.

Whatever the case, his circumstances don't, I'm sure, require him selling a toy for +25 in profit.

I lost my job from bb years ago for buying a ps3 on release week. Didn't sell it, they just didn't want purchases by employees. I was pissed, but they put that policy in place and I broke it. My fault, his fault.

Damn you people are ruthless.....

Like you never broke rules before :/.....!!!!!!

But he was a big dummy for parading his receipt.

However. We still don't know his circumstances.

Whatever the case, his circumstances don't, I'm sure, require him selling a toy for +25 in profit.

I lost my job from bb years ago for buying a ps3 on release week. Didn't sell it, they just didn't want purchases by employees. I was pissed, but they put that policy in place and I broke it. My fault, his fault.
really? crazy. When I worked at Best Buy when I was 17ish, I bought a cd by a very big band like 4 days before street date. Not only was I charged $17.99 for it, when new shit was always like $9.99, but then I got talked to sternly LOL I don't know if they got fined or anything but I wasn't fired

Was silver Mario ever even available at Best Buy? These things are sold out as soon as they are announced. Still haven't gotten in on Lucina and Robin

Really starting to sour on these things

Not quite... Net income 393 mil in 2014, 354 mil in 2013 and negative 269 mil in 2012.

Either way, bad business practices, heightened competition, and the fact that they are heavily tied to a dieing commodity (physical media) is bad news for them.
Their financial numbers are posted in 1000s of dollars, meaning it's not 393/354/269 million x $1,000. And their loss in 2012 was due to non-recurring expenses (likely their digital distribution upgrade), not due to operations.

Again, GS isn't going anywhere for a while. If you want me to bore you some more, please let me know.:lol:

amiibo brings the worst out in people. I'm learning more and more about you savages everyday.
Eh... it's been like this for a while. It's just gotten substantially worse lately.

Was silver Mario ever even available at Best Buy? These things are sold out as soon as they are announced. Still haven't gotten in on Lucina and Robin

Really starting to sour on these things
Only the listing for it was added. Never went up for sale yet.

Cancelled my Splatoon 3 pack pre-order. Not planning on getting the game right away and will be putting that money to better use.

Their financial numbers are posted in 1000s of dollars, meaning it's not 393/354/269 million x $1,000. And their loss in 2012 was due to non-recurring expenses (likely their digital distribution upgrade), not due to operations.

Again, GS isn't going anywhere for a while. If you want me to bore you some more, please let me know. :lol:

Eh... it's been like this for a while. It's just gotten substantially worse lately.
Might want to double check. I realize they are posted in 1000s. But 393,000 means 393 Million in this case. What you posted it would mean 393 billion. In that case, they would be insanely profitable .. but they aren't. As I said, they will be gone in a few years. As soon as we seen consoles go full digital (next go around). Then they are gone.

It was funny when Sony and Microsoft almost sunk Gamestop upon the introduction of their new consoles a few years ago when they both wanted to go the one-time only activation route on new games and render used/borrowed games unplayable without paying the full price again. 

But GS is doing fine.  Even if they're not insanely profitable. 

Might want to double check. I realize they are posted in 1000s. But 393,000 means 393 Million in this case. What you posted it would mean 393 billion. In that case, they would be insanely profitable .. but they aren't. As I said, they will be gone in a few years. As soon as we seen consoles go full digital (next go around). Then they are gone.
Ah, you're right. Brain fail, my bad.

They're still not going anywhere though. Digital distribution hasn't really picked up yet even though companies have been pushing for it and the next generation of consoles are at least 4-5 years away (or longer if this gen was any indication). I get digital distribution has taken off on PC but console gaming has been a different story thus far.

Shit, if a store like Sears can survive this long, GS will be around just as long.

EDIT* I can't find any Amiibos, etc. (See, I'm on topic!).

It was funny when Sony and Microsoft almost sunk Gamestop upon the introduction of their new consoles a few years ago when they both wanted to go the one-time only activation route on new games and render used/borrowed games unplayable without paying the full price again.

But GS is doing fine. Even if they're not insanely profitable.
Umm, That was only Microsoft, not Sony.

As far as you know. Sony had a month to see the backlash and pivot their plans. I'm pretty sure Sony had some patents that showed they were initially taking a similar approach to Microsoft.
And there is the unfounded argument I was waiting for. This is no proof that this was ever the case and there has been no rumbles that this was ever the case outside of people on forums thinking that because Microsoft was going to do it it means Sony HAD to be doing the same thing.

They had Patents on blu-ray and those Patents were there since the PS3 days. Patents really mean nothing since a lot never come to be and a lot or just made to prevent other companies from being able to use it.

Umm, That was only Microsoft, not Sony.
I think it went like this... MS went full retard on the idea and was vocal about it/ or news surfaced and admitted to it, I can't remember which one it was. I think Sony was rumored to entertain the idea but never confirmed. After MS got all the bad press over it Sony capitalized and shined like a knight on his white horse.

Gees Microsoft, Sony, dumbass Gamestop employee..... Is the thread that bored now ... I actually thought I come on here and see people complain because yesasia gave some customers back their money (me) and others are still waiting

As far as you know. Sony had a month to see the backlash and pivot their plans. I'm pretty sure Sony had some patents that showed they were initially taking a similar approach to Microsoft.
+1 Sony had the DRM tech developed and patented (available for the ps4). And just a reminder, the point of the psp go! was Sony's attempt to test the waters to bypass piracy and used games:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back