Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a toys r us, best buy, and meijer a all in the same shopping complex. Which one does everyone think is best for the 29th?
TRU is ass. In specially if you live in a big city with competition. Who know if meijer will even get anything on the 29th. They are pretty random when it comes to amiibos. Bestbuy blows. They hardly get anything besides commons. Target is your best bet imo.

TRU is ass. In specially if you live in a big city with competition. Who know if meijer will even get anything on the 29th. They are pretty random when it comes to amiibos. Bestbuy blows. They hardly get anything besides commons. Target is your best bet imo.
The guy at my local meijer said the definately won't have any on the 29th but to check the following wednesday cause they always get them at least a week late on their regular truck, they don't care to make a special shipment for them. Ask in your meijer electronics dept what day they get their truck and plan on going that day the week after release, thats how I got my DDDs

With everybody camping out for preorders I can only imagine the mayhem the 29th is going to bring.

i dont even care about these things but the fact that i called a gamestop and they told me there was a waitlist of 15 people just to get a stupid (amazing) marth for $12.99 made me want one. 

So thanks a lot this is all your fault. 

i dont even care about these things but the fact that i called a gamestop and they told me there was a waitlist of 15 people just to get a stupid (amazing) marth for $12.99 made me want one.

So thanks a lot this is all your fault.
If you didn't care why did you call gamestop in the first place and why would they mention the waiting list?

Picked up my Ike from GS today that I preordered 6 months ago.

When I went in to get it the clerk says "let me check to be sure we still have it" as if they had just been selling people's preorders to whoever. They called me about it hust yesterday...its not like I had let it sit there for a week, unless they waited a week to tell me they had gotten it in.

Picked up my Ike from GS today that I preordered 6 months ago.

When I went in to get it the clerk says "let me check to be sure we still have it" as if they had just been selling people's preorders to whoever. They called me about it hust yesterday...its not like I had let it sit there for a week, unless they waited a week to tell me they had gotten it in.
I know I've said it before and someone's probably thinking I should stop bringing it up, but they called me back in February to tell me they had mine and they had sold it to someone else that same day (I had to work that morning and didn't show up until later in the afternoon). I wouldn't have been too shocked to hear they did it again.

Got my Ike from my December pre-order today too. Talking with the employee about Amiibo and he said he had one on pre-order too and he had opted not to grab his from the first bunch back in February, since he was pretty sure they we're getting more. My gamestop's alright.

I got a call for my dedede pre order way back in february but they claimed they didn't get one in for me. get the feeling it was sold and now I will never get one

Anyone near Ocean City, NJ?

Pro: The Surf mall thing at 12th and the Boardwalk has a bunch of amiibo.. numerous Fox, Mega Man, Sonic, Sheik, etc

Con: They're charging over $25 for ALL (even Mario) with the highest being $40 for Fox.

I like them for the artwork they are.. It sucks that all you see in the stores anymore and Mario, bowser, peach and Lu. I kind of miss the thrill of walking into the store and seeing if they have any hidden treasures

Pro: The Surf mall thing at 12th and the Boardwalk has a bunch of amiibo.. numerous Fox, Mega Man, Sonic, Sheik, etc

Con: They're charging over $25 for ALL (even Mario) with the highest being $40 for Fox.
HA! I used to go there on summer vacations with my family. I know that place. Shitty markup. Not surprised they'd do that though...

I saw that about a month and a half ago. I think I mentioned it at one point. That guy has always been a rip-off with everything he sells. High markups on everything, even toys that can commonly be found at Target and Walmart. Neither store is around that area though so he can get away with it (There is a Target around 20 minutes away in Mays Landing)

That place is the worst.

Walmart, just charged my Credit Card for the Wave 4 pre-orders. You guys should check if they charged you, already. Walmart, sometimes delivers earlier than the estimated arrival date (previous orders experience)!

Marth first print and reprint amiibo are going for about the same price on the secondary market right now. In some case the reprint is getting more money over the first print.

Lol person refused to trade my marth reprint cause it's 2015 not 2014. Guess old one is artificially worth more now. Though marth overall is hard to obtain

How is that relevant, Slim? All I know is scalpers and resellers can go and f**k themselves.
There were a few people mentioning how the first print Marth will still command a "premium price" over the reprint. When it isn't the case because there is no major difference between them. You only get a premium price if people are willing to pay for it, which people are not.

Walmart, just charged my Credit Card for the Wave 4 pre-orders. You guys should check if they charged you, already. Walmart, sometimes delivers earlier than the estimated arrival date (previous orders experience)!
Walmart charged my Discover card this morning for Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario amiibos..but on my AMEX card no charge yet for my Splatoon 3 pack is that weird? The Amiibos all say an estimated Delivery of June 3rd..for the Splatoon 3 pack it says June 5th

fuck. Happy to see all my wave 4 stuff is coming, though now I need to run out and get some Amazon credit because I totally forgot i preordered the Witcher CE.....

Walmart charged my Discover card this morning for Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario amiibos..but on my AMEX card no charge yet for my Splatoon 3 pack is that weird? The Amiibos all say an estimated Delivery of June 3rd..for the Splatoon 3 pack it says June 5th
In my experience Amex is a little slow in posting things, especially on the weekends. Same thing happened to me. Have charges on my Visa card, but nothing on my Amex yet.

Lol person refused to trade my marth reprint cause it's 2015 not 2014. Guess old one is artificially worth more now. Though marth overall is hard to obtain
i have more trouble getting ike than marth. *sigh* if only the inventory tracker worked for ike, calling every single GS makes me feel bad for pestering employees with the same questions.

Dear Nintendo,

Please flood the market with Marths.  I guarantee you will sell a ton before resellers will realize what is happening.  Plus, I'll finally be able to get a copy.

Thanks!

P.S.  Do the same with all the other Fire Emblem characters.  You will probably be able to fund the development of all future Fire Emblem games just from the Amiibo sales alone.

Dear Nintendo,

Please flood the market with Marths. I guarantee you will sell a ton before resellers will realize what is happening. Plus, I'll finally be able to get a copy.

Thanks!

P.S. Do the same with all the other Fire Emblem characters. You will probably be able to fund the development of all future Fire Emblem games just from the Amiibo sales alone.
That would make so many people happy, but it will never happen because nintendo is nintendo...

Dear Nintendo,

Please flood the market with Marths. I guarantee you will sell a ton before resellers will realize what is happening. Plus, I'll finally be able to get a copy.

Thanks!

P.S. Do the same with all the other Fire Emblem characters. You will probably be able to fund the development of all future Fire Emblem games just from the Amiibo sales alone.
if there were more marths, people would complain saying that it is a common and the hype would be dead.. (at least from what ive seen from these amiibo groups)

nintendo knows what theyre doing with this shortage and it's a great marketing move. although, it does get frustrating for us consumers, giving us a little but just enough to keep the hype going.

There's still Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Toysrus for Marth. Even with all those retailers I think it might be still a little tough to get him though. Hopefully this won't be the case...

Have not really been checking this thread lately but is there any news on the Shulk amiibo that was available to preorder a while ago on Gamestop's website? I know it is supposed to come out this month but haven't seen anything on it recently. 

This guy is giving away Amiibo on his Twitch stream!!! So far he's given away a Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik amiibo! You have to be following to qualify and view to tune in. He'll message you if you've won. He's currently playing Link to the Past with drinking rules and is about 11 beers in. Hilarious!!!

www.twitch.tv/thethirstygames

I guess the more you managed to have lucked out and pre-order, the less scary the wave feels.
Yeah I have the whole wave secured already so not worried at all outside of Silver Mario. Only one that gave me trouble was Ness, but a friend preordered one for me and is letting me have it for $20.

This guy is giving away Amiibo on his Twitch stream!!! So far he's given away a Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik amiibo! You have to be following to qualify and view to tune in. He'll message you if you've won. He's currently playing Link to the Past with drinking rules and is about 11 beers in. Hilarious!!!

www.twitch.tv/thethirstygames
HE JUST THREW UP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Also, he's like 5 followers from giving away the next amiibo! Not sure what amiibo though. I saw someone in the chat mentioning something about Lil Mac earlier.

the only part of wave 4 I've hated so far is waiting a hour to get Ness preordered. I don't have all of wave 4 preordered but I got the ones I want.
Just need Jigglypuff here, and I'm not too worried considering the numbers posted. Theres barely been 3-6 people at my Target's for past morning releases, I seriously doubt more than 10 would be there even by door opening.

Yeah I have the whole wave secured already so not worried at all outside of Silver Mario. Only one that gave me trouble was Ness, but a friend preordered one for me and is letting me have it for $20.
Hopefully this is a friend who is shipping it to you because I don't know if I would consider someone who charges more than what he is paying for said item a friend. I know I wouldn't do it to any of my friends regardless of how much it might potentially be worth.

That's like them calling and saying your dog's dead,

Fry's emailed me this afternoon to let me know they cancelled my Robin, but my Charizard and Wario are still good. Fudge.
That's like someone calling and saying "hey, I hit your dog, and he's dead, but I managed to save his collar, and you can come pick it up."

Managed to score a shulk via eBay with a copy of xenoblade chronicles wii and the music cd for just over 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back