Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the hype kind of got lost on me when Amiibos started becoming available more than a month earlier across the rest of the world.  Thanks retailer exclusivity.

The two that are going to be a challange for everyone friday are Robin and Lucina, seems as though most stores aren't going to have any available at all, and those that do will have 2-3 at the most. They are the Turbo Man to Pac Man and Charizard's Booster.

It's just that CAG is meant to be a community where we help each other get deals. Not a place where someone comes in and steals information to post on their Twitter account to get the kudos from others. People like amiibo alerts are killing this community by using it for their own gain and not providing anything back.
Amiibo Alerts just needs to learn to not post their affiliate links on preorders that they found out about elsewhere or at least include a non referral link so ppl can choose whether they want to support them or not.That or I suggest that amiibo alerts should create a system that will ping the sites and automatically post to Twitter when orders go live that way they are profiting off their own resources even if they don't have the know how to do this they could team up with someone like the guy that made the app that does the same thing I mentioned. I don't personally use the app and not sure on its reliability just cause it uses way too much data but I would definitely support someone who would use this in tandem with Twitter to relay it instead of depending on my own data using the app.

Sorry for the delay, clusterfuck of events that ended up with me upgrading my phone, forgetting my new phone didn't have an SD slot, and a bunch of other shenanigans. Heres the 2 UPCs I got from Target

Robin - 0 45496 89208 1

Lucina - 0 45496 89209 8

I feel that when info posted here gets out on alerts it's like an info leak since we don't know who follows the twitter(resellers,trolls?). I'm sure a cag chooses to post here over other forums due to a feeling of community to this sub/site. Perhaps having a sense of security that the info will be shared amongst your peers and not your enemies/competition. The alerts defeats this purpose.

Just my two cents
You say that like all the members here are saints, not to mention there are more unregistered users here than registered members. It's a public site that anyone can read and do what they want with the info shared. It's out of our control.

How so? I got my Jigglypuff because of their tweet, because it's easier/faster to check Twitter than to pull this thread up, get to the current area, and read through 3 pages of people bitching about scalpers and people trying to resell their junk on here.
Exactly. This is what was great about the Line Alerts. I don't need to read everyones bitching and would just like to know when things are in stock without constantly checking this thread all day. Getting a notification on my phone when something comes in stock is great. I don't have to dig through all the useless posts just to find out I missed a deal because I didn't happen to check a CAG thread at 2 AM.

Anyone can make a Twitter account and it's not hard, so anyone who thinks they can do a better job should do that. If you post good info and have it first, then people will follow you and I'm sure people here will support it.

Didn't anticipate the reactions from the post here.

Will definitely take all criticism into consideration and do better in the future.

You say that like all the members here are saints, not to mention there are more unregistered users here than registered members. It's a public site that anyone can read and do what they want with the info shared. It's out of our control.

Exactly. This is what was great about the Line Alerts. I don't need to read everyones bitching and would just like to know when things are in stock without constantly checking this thread all day. Getting a notification on my phone when something comes in stock is great. I don't have to dig through all the useless posts just to find out I missed a deal because I didn't happen to check a CAG thread at 2 AM.

Anyone can make a Twitter account and it's not hard, so anyone who thinks they can do a better job should do that. If you post good info and have it first, then people will follow you and I'm sure people here will support it.
Not saying they are saints. More of a cag vs other sites like reddit as a news source. I know for sure more people use reddit so compared wouldn't info be more secure here than there due to sheer exposure?

Didn't anticipate the reactions from the post here.

Will definitely take all criticism into consideration and do better in the future.
I follow you on twitter and have seen you posts deals, provide information, and alerts to help Cag too. I think you are doing a good job. People are just being ridiculous. People will find anything to complain about when they feel entitled to anything. I actually used one of your tweet info before and posted it here in the past so some cag could get a amiibo that wasn't reported anywhere yet.

Asking for post credit is almost as bad as seeking post thanks...

I assume I am going to have to sift through hundreds of posts informing us every time an amiibo ships? Joy!

Not saying they are saints. More of a cag vs other sites like reddit as a news source. I know for sure more people use reddit so compared wouldn't info be more secure here than there due to sheer exposure?
It might be more "secure" for a very short amount of time until it is posted to another site, but how many CAGs will see it in that amount of time? There is no way to alert CAGs unless you are already on CAG and see the new post notification and happen to notice it and read the thread in time.

There's r/amiibo, CAG, @AmiiboAlerts, LINE, and whatever other sources are out there. If someone cares about Amiibo, they are following more than 1 source. If someone on CAG happens to realize something is in stock first, it will be copied to the other sources soon enough because there are people that want to be known as someone who contributes. It's the same reason why people from this site will copy deals over to Slickdeals, even though they know it will kill the deal faster. They want that recognition. Some will give credit to the original poster and some won't, but what can be done about it?

Not as distasteful as sifting through the complaints I imagine. I prefer jelly on my toast.

To anyone who's tried out Metaknight's amiibo functionality in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, is it worth opening my only Metaknight to access the content. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like much. If I could get another Metaknight for MSRP, I'd go for it though. 

Some of you guys are taking it a little personal or overreacting. Its not like trying to give thoughtful constructive criticism is a bad thing. I would think someone would want to know what they could improve on to better help.

Not as distasteful as sifting through the complaints I imagine. I prefer jelly on my toast.

To anyone who's tried out Metaknight's amiibo functionality in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, is it worth opening my only Metaknight to access the content. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like much. If I could get another Metaknight for MSRP, I'd go for it though.
I enjoy his function but I honestly don't use every amiibo power every day that I play Rainbow Curse. The game is still plenty beatable without him, but his extended, faster, and stronger dash attack he gets with the Meta Knight mask feels very cool. I'm biased since I have an open collection that I use to play with [and they also look better when you can hold them in your hand], but if you're all about keeping it sealed, you won't be missing out on a whole lot. But I'm going to say go for it and free the sucker.

You get unlimited boost attack with the Meta Knight from what I used. You can only use it in one level once a day. Not really worth opening it if you're a collector.

I think its almost safe to say Pac Man will be Diddy Kong type commons and Wario will be toon link type commons 

Charizard will be sonic/mega man uncommon and sort of hard to find at first but most likely end up as common.

Luncina and Robin will be like Ike and 3D rarity.

As for Splatoon ones its kinda hard to say on those.

Best Buy orders have gone into "Status Not Available" which should bode well for those.  Just waiting on the 3-pack and pining after Ness.

I think its almost safe to say Pac Man will be Diddy Kong type commons and Wario will be toon link type commons

Charizard will be sonic/mega man uncommon and sort of hard to find at first but most likely end up as common.
Jeez I'll just wait for the game guide for buying amiibos

Also, its fun to think what we first worlders are worrying about while someone is probably hunting buffalo wangs for lunch

hmm im surprised they havent shipped your jigglypuff yet. most of them were shipped around 7 PM EST. still waiting on my WM order though
Guess I'm not, since mine hasn't either. Site says nothing while mobile gives me "processing" which is what I believed many said happened before it shipped. Might just get it sometime next week instead, meh. Who knows how it's prioritized but clearly it is somehow.

Anyone know if there's a way to track GS web-in-store or if an email will be sent?

Guess I'm not, since mine hasn't either. Site says nothing while mobile gives me "processing" which is what I believed many said happened before it shipped. Might just get it sometime next week instead, meh. Who knows how it's prioritized but clearly it is somehow.

Anyone know if there's a way to track GS web-in-store or if an email will be sent?
I was just looking at my web instore order last night actually. There is a section on the website where you can look up the status of a web in store order. When I logged into my account, I went to orders, and there was a link to look up web in store orders. Mine is still processing for Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack.
My Jiggs shipped yesterday and my BB order for the remainder of wave 4 minus Greninja is still in process.

Anyone else have problems with their Best Buy Wave 4 preorders? I got an email this morning saying something was wrong with my payment method (bullcrap), tried to change it on their website and it didn't work, then I called them...after the CS rep tried to reprocess it, the order somehow got CANCELED. Super pissed. She "created a ticket" to get the warehouse to reinstate the order...like that'll ever happen. Frickin amiibo, good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back