Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
eBay the best friend of amiibo hunters picking doubles. Yeah I'm picking this ones for a friend yeah right!!!!!! I bet that friend is call eBay lol

You gotta love CAG in between Waves, and so it starts again... Hey anyone wanna do the scapler vs buying extra for trade argument? (one of those days)

In my mind there is no difference between scalpers and buy extra to trade. you are buying more than you need, and taking that away from others who may actually want that figure

Have any robins or Lucina left to sell at cost?
Nope, was short a Robin for who I was trying to buy for as it was. They had to order one from Play Asia. Jigglypuff though, yes. I have an extra still. You can PM me about that though, no use clogging this thread more than it is.

Wow you have a ton of friends !!! I bet ebay is one of them !!!
Don't forget his friend Craig too jibbs
You're welcome to find any place on eBay or Craigslist that I'm selling these and call me out on it, but you're not going to. I've never sold a single item on eBay, and the last thing I can remember selling on CL was an old phone.

lololol. People need to chill with calling other people out on buying multiples.
It's a fair question, it's kinda weird why he's stalking my twitter account though.

$20 isn't a fair price including shipping?

So anyways, are we done now?

Cost (after tax and without GCU): $14.28

Cost of Priority Shipping: $5.15 (if printed at home)

Total:$19.43

At its absolute cheapest you're looking at $11.35 + ~$3.15 if you want to downgrade to First Class and actually have GCU/discount slot available (assuming you didn't want to risk exceeding the allotted amount).

That one totals to $14.50 and excludes time/gas, cost of ink/paper and tape for box. Even then.... if he didn't use their GCU discount number (maybe they don't have one or whatnot)... why exactly should they share in that discount? He paid upfront for that 20%. Either way, their cost in store (barring a whole lot of hypotheticals) would have still been ~$14.

I'm not defending anything because for all I know he dumped them on ebay, but you should really think things through before trying to call people out on what cost+shipping entails.

I won an ebay auction for a Wario for 13 bux, shipping included!

My quest is now over. Time to kill myself.

Alternatively, wait for a Waluigi to complete the set. No other Amiibos needed.

I think people are just mad that they weren't the one to get the Amiibo.

I bought a Lucario for a friend and I sold it to him at cost. Am I going to get burned at the stake now?

In my mind there is no difference between scalpers and buy extra to trade. you are buying more than you need, and taking that away from others who may actually want that figure
That's fine, but many people don't care. I got a total of 3 extra Jigglypuffs, 3 Meta Knights and a Robin and ended up trading them for Shulk, Greninja, Fox, King Dedede, Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, Rosalina & Lucario.

So back on topic. They should release Dark Pit and Palutena on July 4. Only true hardcore amiibo fans would campout and spend that day looking for those amiibo.  :D/

Went to my BB just now to do a trade in and decided to check on stock. I was floored to see 15 Meta Knights on the pegs. A few would have been a surprise but 15 is truly more than I would have thought for our town. Makes me sad I paid $23 for him to import him around his release as I assumed the exclusive aspect of him would make restocks of him not a possibility.

Also concidering it was a damaged item and not mint I'm sure he would of tried for more if it was.
The recent restock of Meta Knight amiibos seem to have more of a worn kind of look to them. I just got mine yesterday, it threw a lot of people off. So it was not damaged. It is just how they decided to design them. Just like the restock Villagers. Also, with shipping and hassle of driving to BB and then going to ship the Meta Knight. I think $20 is extremely fair.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I'm curious.... if you had every amiibo already and you went out to that store today and saw a rare figure there, would you buy it?

Me? Damn right I would.

Last time I sold a couple lots on eBay including 3/4 Wave 3 store exclusives and Ike/DDD/Sanic, I set the starting bid at $0.99 and let the people fight over work out what they thought was a fair buying price from there. Used the profits to help pay for Wave 4. 

Guilty? Yes. But I sleep okay at night. 

Went to my BB just now to do a trade in and decided to check on stock. I was floored to see 15 Meta Knights on the pegs. A few would have been a surprise but 15 is truly more than I would have thought for our town. Makes me sad I paid $23 for him to import him around his release as I assumed the exclusive aspect of him would make restocks of him not a possibility.
I feel you on that, but how early you got the amiibo instead of waiting for a $10 difference, it almost evens out. You had more time in life to enjoy the amiibo. I like to look at it that way. I got Charizard from Japan a few weeks before Wave 4 released here for $22. With a full-time job, it makes justifiable.

Yeah the Meta Knight Restock has been a lot. Almost makes him a common now lol.
Meta knight still not common. Every bestbuy have 1 shipment 8 to 16 units per store. Some stores sold out less than a day, some stores take up two days. Most peoples don't know bestbuy have it in stock, most hidden in the back room, most put out 1 or 2 hours before store closed, most peoples working on wed, Thur, and friday and everything sold out on Saturday.

Meta knight still not common. Every bestbuy have 1 shipment 8 to 16 units per store. Some stores sold out less than a day, some stores take up two days. Most peoples don't know bestbuy have it in stock, most hidden in the back room, most put out 1 or 2 hours before store closed, most peoples working on wed, Thur, and friday and everything sold out on Saturday.
Im sorry but with the amount of BS you throw around in this thread I take what you say with a grain of salt.

I suppose I shouldn't say common but perhaps uncommon. Easier to find than when he released that's for sure.

What have I walked into?

On a side note, yesasia sent me the wrong order. I ordered little mac, villager and WFT. I got little mac, CF and WFT. I live in PA and the packing slip is for some guy in NY. So if Steve from NY happens to read this, I'll gladly trade you your order for my order!

I hate the Mount Laurel NJ Best Buy...it is just full of uniformed rude workers (there are a few nice ones but still). I get you don't get paid enough, but if someone asks you for help at least find someone who knows what they're talking about..

I asked a family member to swing by for a Marth, they were told they're for pre-orders only. I told my relative that wasnt true, and to tell them but since they were already home they called the best buy instead. They were then told they received no shipments of any amiibo this week and refused to check. :| (http://m.imgur.com/r/amiibo/jMjBsp2).
Needless to say, by the time I got there nothing was left at all..ugh. Probably wasn't any Marth there today anyway, but still.

I called my BB that was recommended to have some, and they had sold out shortly after my lunch break (before I had thought to go check). Then I called the one like 20 mins away and they never answered the phone, ever; TWO days in a row!! I'd say it was easy to find if you're unemployed or have time to stalk BB in a not-so-populated area. To top it off my trade for it may not go through =( "Traders" snatched 'em all up.

Meta knight is from best buy. You couldn't order meta knight on online recently. Factor in if bought with gcu meta knight is around $11. Shipping is only around $3
So are you arguing that he's a scalper as opposed to someone who's helping out another collector? I know were all cheap asses around here but gotta throw in a little something for his time and efforts, as well as saving you time from hunting. The greninja price is just an example of a price of a retail price. There's also playasia charging 20 and shipping. Tenso charges ~$5 to be a proxy. C'mon if he was a scalper he could charge a lot more or go to his friend eBay or Craig :)

I called my BB that was recommended to have some, and they had sold out shortly after my lunch break (before I had thought to go check). Then I called the one like 20 mins away and they never answered the phone, ever; TWO days in a row!! I'd say it was easy to find if you're unemployed or have time to stalk BB in a not-so-populated area. To top it off my trade for it may not go through =( "Traders" snatched 'em all up.
Your blaming traders for buying them and yet you're whining about not being able to trade.

What?

So are you arguing that he's a scalper as opposed to someone who's helping out another collector? I know were all cheap asses around here but gotta throw in a little something for his time and efforts, as well as saving you time from hunting. The greninja price is just an example of a price of a retail price. There's also playasia charging 20 and shipping. Tenso charges ~$5 to be a proxy. C'mon if he was a scalper he could charge a lot more or go to his friend eBay or Craig :)
Im not saying hes anything because I don't really care what he does. Just saying selling a meta knight shipped to your friend shouldn't really be around $20 just because toys r us charged $21 for a greninja shipped.

No Marths in the Portland, OR Metro area.  Stopped by the Cedar Hills store today and had them look Marth up in RSS.  They said Bend was the closest one to have one.

Im not saying hes anything because I don't really care what he does. Just saying selling a meta knight shipped to your friend shouldn't really be around $20 just because toys r us charged $21 for a greninja shipped.
They're not, they are just also factoring in the cost of a box if you have to buy one new, tape, gas, and of course the shipment cost. 20 dollars for an amiibo shipped isn't bad buddy. We aren't Amazon Prime.

The recent restock of Meta Knight amiibos seem to have more of a worn kind of look to them. I just got mine yesterday, it threw a lot of people off. So it was not damaged. It is just how they decided to design them. Just like the restock Villagers. Also, with shipping and hassle of driving to BB and then going to ship the Meta Knight. I think $20 is extremely fair.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
The restock of Meta Knight literally looks no different then the original release. The wear and tear on the paint is intentional and was in the first run as well. I could put my original and restock side by side and no one on here would be able to tell the difference.

Anyone on Long Island seen meta knight or marth at bestbuy?, been checking either im missing them or they are all gone
Did you ask an employee if they had any? The 2 best buys I found meta knights at had them in the back. Without asking you might think they're all out. If they don't have any you can ask them if any stores nearby have them. That's how I found mine at a couple of stores about 20 minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back