Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I'm never using Tenso again. Everyone raved about buying Wave 5 from Amazon and using Tenso, but it's going to cost like $40 to ship the 5 amiibo. :whistle2:/
I'm guessing you had multiple orders sent to Tenso rather than just a single box. No way would a single box with 5 amiibo cost that much to ship. Did you use Tenso's service of combining items?

lol. Nintendo's ready to school you on the meaning of "limited edition". I guess the analogy would be MM LE: MM Amiibo bundle :: Rattatta: Mew.

Seriously though what possible use could an amiibo be in Mario Maker? Guessing it's more Day 1 on disc DLC :wall:
It's being called a limited edition bundle in the UK/Australia (retro Mario will apparently only be available in the bundle there). Who knows about the US one though, no info yet.

Mario Maker amiibo just give you two extra features as far as I've seen (mega mushroom, and CRT television mode that makes the course look like you're playing on an '80s tv lol, and all the enemies look a little different). Other amiibo functionality seems to just make costume mario mushrooms so you can play as Marth, WFT, Link, Isabelle, and a few other characters in 8-bit mode only.
So far, it seems like there's not much amiibo functionality really.

It's being called a limited edition bundle in the UK/Australia (retro Mario will apparently only be available in the bundle there). Who knows about the US one though, no info yet.

Mario Maker amiibo just give you two extra features as far as I've seen (mega mushroom, and CRT television mode that makes the course look like you're playing on an '80s tv lol, and all the enemies look a little different). Other amiibo functionality seems to just make costume mario mushrooms so you can play as Marth, WFT, Link, Isabelle, and a few other characters in 8-bit mode only.
So far, it seems like there's not much amiibo functionality really.
The skins I don't mind. I mean it sucks they are locked behind the paywall amiibo, and skins mean a lot to some people, but I can live without them. Locking a Mega mushroom power-up and CRT mode behind the amiibo paywall is a real dick move though.

I don't suppose they'll allow the standard Mario Amiibo to unlock that content?

And on the subject is Yoshi in this game? I wouldn't mind making a Yoshi-Mario ride a Yoshi.

The skins I don't mind. I mean it sucks they are locked behind the paywall amiibo, and skins mean a lot to some people, but I can live without them. Locking a Mega mushroom power-up and CRT mode behind the amiibo paywall is a real dick move though.

I don't suppose they'll allow the standard Mario Amiibo to unlock that content?

And on the subject is Yoshi in this game? I wouldn't mind making a Yoshi-Mario ride a Yoshi.
Yeah I really like the CRT mode, it really takes me back. Looks awesome. I could live without the mega mushroom, but that mode is cool. No word yet on regular Mario amiibo's role in the game, hopefully it'll be the same function.

They haven't showed all the amiibo that work with the game yet (only showed a few), but I did see on the treehouse stream that there are actually more skins to unlock than I thought so I bet he'll be one.

Bah must be sold out now, was able to add, got to shipping then it was removed, but interestingly it does say that it will be available June 20th, 2015...

Bah must be sold out now, was able to add, got to shipping then it was removed, but interestingly it does say that it will be available June 20th, 2015...
I refreshed a couple times and was able to see it and same deal. All the way to shipping then gone. Seems to be gone for now.

I'm heading to tru tomorrow to get a gift for someone. If i find some of these rare amiibos I'll buy them and sell them to you guys here. Can someone post the list of the hard to find ones besides wii fit trainer for me ? I'd appreciate it ^_^

I'm heading to tru tomorrow to get a gift for someone. If i find some of these rare amiibos I'll buy them and sell them to you guys here. Can someone post the list of the hard to find ones besides wii fit trainer for me ? I'd appreciate it ^_^
Villager

Pit

Lucario

Little Mac

DDD

Captain Falcon

All Fire Emblem Characters lol

Villager
Pit
Lucario
Little Mac
DDD
Captain Falcon
All Fire Emblem Characters lol
Thanks !!! As a huge captain falcon fan I'll have a hard time selling it if I find one but I don't have a Wii u so it's better off I'm someone else's hands. Don't worry I won't be some selfish scalper either, just trying to help out. Wish me luck :D

I went last night to the King of Prussia, PA location. There was a line of like 5 people (and then 5 behind me 10 minutes later). There were 2 Nintendo Reps there with a table of stuff in front of them.

They had:

- Mario Maker running on the usual White Wii U demo station. You got to play for 3 minutes (they timed you). (This game is awesome.)

- The 30th Anniversary pin which apparently could take more than 1 of

- Generic Smash Bros. Wii U 3DS/Wii U pin

- Mario Kart 8 sticker sheet (really nice ones)

- Nintendo Sticker sheet with Animal Crossing/Mario Kart/Yoshi's Island/Tomodochi Life etc on it

- Double sided Splatoon Poster (roughly legal size-ish paper)

- Flyer detailing the 7-Pin Preorder (which still didn't tell you if you could do it online or just in store). It also had a QR code on it for Mr. Miyamoto Gold Pants Mii on the back of it.

- Scratch Off Code for Special Demo of Pokemon Ruby & Special Demo Pokemon Sapphire (I don't know what Special entails)

- QR Code for Demo of Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire

- QR Code for Demo of Code Name S.T.E.A.M

- QR Code for Demo of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

- QR Code for some game I don't care about so I can't remember (in game items I think)

Saturday will be mobbed so if you plan on going, I'd just get there at opening to be first so you can leave. Blocked out the QR code because I don't know if they're unique.

attachicon.gif
s1.JPG
attachicon.gif
s2.JPG
I don't think the Miyamoto QR code is unique, I got 2 to compare and they look exactly the same.

(At least, when I used my "Magic Eye" skills ;))

[attachment=15125:miyamoto_mii_qr_code.jpg]

I know it might be considered taboo but I'm getting out of the ammibo game. Check my trade list for my NIB collection. I have a bunch of games I'm looking to trade for them. GL hunters!

only 1 at a toys r us,

the hunt is so dumb, you can't win haha

i still believe in a holiday flood of every out of stock amiibo, you've got nintendo reps, they will check every store and order a number of amiibos to be made for each store, or they will have pre orders/web in store orders for what you want and they will be shipped during the holidays

my dream world is better than kirbys

yeah i was going to go for every single smash amiibo but i am throwing in the towel, just trying to get the ones i like/play as

already trading lots of my amiibos for retro games i sold long ago, meta knight for turtles in time was the best decision

I know it might be considered taboo but I'm getting out of the ammibo game. Check my trade list for my NIB collection. I have a bunch of games I'm looking to trade for them. GL hunters!
I can't post in that thread but I have SM3DL for the 3DS and would like a Fox from you. I have Paper Mario Sticker one as well.

Smart move. Gaming gives you more enjoyment and you won't have plastic figures flooding the home lol. Nintendo is getting ridiculous with these things imo

Why are you in this thread if you have no interest in amiibo?
I stated earlier that I would help fellow users here obtain the harder to find ones as people on here really seem to want these things lol. I'm passing through a toys r us tomorrow to buy a gift so I figured I would search for the wii fit trainer and the others if I bump into them. That's why I'm on here :D

Quoted wrong person, this was addressed to BiggNick hence my offering wouldnt even make any sense to you. Sorry. :)

They were up since last night. Vol. 1 is already sold out (took awhile, it was in stock this morning still).
I'm sure qty on these cards will be way bigger than any of the Amiibos so far. They are small, cheaper to produce, and you can store 4x as many in the same space as one standard figure.

Tenso is very simple to use. Not sure how you had an issue. Is this why you never alert when amazon jp has things in stock?

Also to the guy that said its $40 to ship. Im not sure how its that much. Its never been that high for me with the fastest shipping
I had 5 separate orders combined (got Wave 5 from 3rd party Amazon sellers, unfortunately). I'm sure that's part of the reason.

I had 5 separate orders combined (got Wave 5 from 3rd party Amazon sellers, unfortunately). I'm sure that's part of the reason.
Yes, having 5 separate boxes sent to tenso means you have to pay their fee to combine boxes. It's not "part" of the reason, it's the entire reason why it got expensive.

Just curious, how much did you end up spending per Amiibo?

Ordering from Japan and using tenso is not always the best option, but it is the best international option for new waves when they are msrp and you can get them in one box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back