Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any other people on here who actually preordered all of wave 1 last year?
I preordered Villager because that was my must have, I already told myself I was going to collect all of the Smash amiibo, but I originally planned to do it bit by bit, picking up one or two whenever, but after the first day or two of release when we realized that was impossible, then I picked them up asap and started preordering starting with wave 3. Only one I imported and paid over MSRP was Marth.

Has it been stated that the amiibo/Skylander figures will only work with the WiiU version of the game? Dumb question, I know, but I'll have to deviate from getting Skylanders on the Xbox systems like I always have..

I never get when I see post like this why can't you just collect your favorites or actually wait for a reprint (because we can see there coming) but why a complete goodbye? I get it can be stressful, but theses are 12.99 toys that you can obtain here and oversees, but maybe you like quiting and I'm just rambling, just hate to see you go my Vegas pal
Yeah. Why in that guy's case would he get them if he's only going to sell them later. It's like why waste the money and time in the first place. It's one thing if you've been doing it awhile but these things haven't even been out a year for christs sake.
You forget that half of people only bought into amiibos because of the hype. Half the people that buy these things are only in it because they think it's an investment.

For a lot of people the excitement fades from only buying things because other people want them. In other cases, they finally come to the realization that they have absolutely no understanding of selling things online. There are even people out there that can't be bothered to learn which amiibos are rare enough to have a higher value so they give up. Sooner or later most people, even those that intended on having a collection, realize that their spending snowballed more rapidly than they realized so it's time to halt the hemorrhaging of hundreds of dollars. The spending model is not unlike a drug habit, when you think about it.

Has it been stated that the amiibo/Skylander figures will only work with the WiiU version of the game? Dumb question, I know, but I'll have to deviate from getting Skylanders on the Xbox systems like I always have..
They should also work with regular Wii and 3DS versions too. Only Nintendo sustems though.

Something tells me that's a b.s. post. It's been there for 15 days. How has that not sold yet?
Have you looked at the list because most are commons that collectors would have, actually unless you suck at hunting you would probably have all of theses..........this is one of those, if your just starting type of buys.....so i can understand the reasons not to buy

Have you looked at the list because most are commons that collectors would have, actually unless you suck at hunting you would probably have all of theses..........this is one of those, if your just starting type of buys.....so i can understand the reasons not to buy
That's true. The listing doesn't really include any high profile figures, but it is a good starter collection.

time to start camping out

I also preorder wave one. I was at the midnight launch and people were asking for them but they kept saying, "we only got one of each, and they are that guys because he preordered".

This may not be a big deal but Toad is on Amazon in stock.  I'm a casual collector and haven't seen it readily available.

Damn, which Gamestop to go camp on Wednesday?  I like my local low volume store but they don't always get new stuff.  The bigger stores have much larger chance for competition.  I wonder what other figures they'll have on Wednesday.

Another question is how do shipments arrive, through usps? Can it be a random time through out the day or is it best to get there at opening?
Mines usually get theres in the afternoon (UPS), I use the app to track when the shipment comes but a smart move is just to call your and ask for range

Yeah, definitely not purchasing the Skylanders/Amiibo figures at all. I can see that being a nightmare for parents come Christmas time. "My kid wants the skylanders amiibo?". "Oh, do you mean skylanders or amiibo or skylanders amiibo"?

Also, I can't really see a lot of amiibo collectors swinging over to collect skylanders as well, but I wonder if skylanders fans will be starting to collect amiibo?
ive been coillecting skylanders since skylanders giants and I collect amiibos too. I'll end up with both the skyamiibos thou where to display them is the question..with skylanders or with amiibos. (prob going to put them with amiibos)

Yes. I've preordered everything so far except parts of Wave 4 that went so fast they were nearly impossible to get. I missed Robin and Lucina every time and Greninja and Ness weren't possible either.
I under estimated the popularity of these and didnt bother to preorder wave 1 cause I thought id just buy them in the store shortly after release. I missed out on wave 4 preorders and gold mario preorders due to work hours and very bad timing in things going up the days or hrs i am asleep or not able to go online. I learned of Ness and Gamestop preorders a day after they went live/ppl could preorder at stores because I was working 18hrs shift with no cell serivce where I was.

I was going to just sit out Wave 4 and future waves (unless I just happen to find some) b/c I figured Nintendo would eventually reprint all the HTF ones after that statement and seeing as how Marth was getting another run... but even after the reprint, Marth's prices are still absurdly high at ~3x MSRP so it seems like they still produced too few units. Nintendo doesn't seem all that committed to reprints anyway given how they just keep announcing more and more of these things while the current lines are impossible to get, and they're just enjoying the marketing of having something where "we can't meet demand!!".

I'm just sticking around here in hopes of news about a Ness reprint, which I'll likely miss pre-orders and/or in store, but hopefully it'll drive down prices enough where I can justify eBaying one.
I honestly think Nintendo either completely unestimates the love us NA have for these things or they are doing this to drive up demand and keep them popular. Eventually the bubble will burst on these things, I feel it will be once the smash amiibo line ends, thou if the mario bros line makes some cool things like a boo or something it may keep going :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejPuOTL6HQ

What's up with those big man hands?
I am a bit disappointed in how Palutena looks compared to the stock photos. Check amazon.jp (link looked borked so I cut it out) for the stock photo where the open hand looks better. Face appears to look better in the stock too, but I can see how the face prints could be good on some and worse on others. The hand is bad everywhere.

Dang, now that I'm working again I can't continue devoting my summer break to Amiibo. Looks like I'm going to miss out on Wednesday. It will probably be something like 1 rare amiibo per store anyway.

Think I'm gonna skip Wednesday. If it's not a sure thing, I really don't want to waste my time and head in late to work. I wouldn't even know which Gamestop to pick anyway. Might call around that day.

I picked up a silver mario @ the Westbury NY Best Buy right before they closed. Still had 2 on the rack along with some Toads. I'd have posted it in the Line or WeChat or where ever people are now, but never got a reply when I asked for an invite link...

Quick update on my Amazon.Uk order. Hopefully everyone else's have been shipped as well. :)

All four Wave 5A amiibos have been shipped and will arrive wednesday. Two Per Box, which is good and should reduce any damage.

Palutena, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, ZSS inbound! Now to hope theres no defects. 

Still need Yarn Yoshi's (Blue & Green are the only ones i want) 

If anyone has extras coming, i may be up for some trades. I know this isnt the trade thread so sorry in advance :

It's funny how these "restocks" happen hahaha.

We're gonna restock...but only for one person per state. Man, pretty sure gonna start importing cause these restocks are horrible.

My local gs is expecting mega man amiibos and

a single wii fit trainer.

ONE fuckING WII FIT TRAINER.

You guys have been warned.
Mega Man is rare? I've gone without laying eyes on virtually any semi-rare Amiibo, but I've seen him in stores a few times.

WFT was the only one I bought at the game's launch lol, mostly because next to Ganondorf she was my favorite fighter. I remember thinking I could just strut into Best Buy and buy it alongside the game... fuck no. I had to go online and have the Gamestop across town reserve it with store pickup, none of the other Gamestops even had it. I knew then we were in for another of Nintendo's infamous artificial demand schemes.

But I had no idea NoA would be so obnoxious about it as to post "Yoshi was caught hiding egg" tweets lol. god they do some stupid shit.....

yeah this is just more typical nintendo behavior i'm sick of the flickering from amazon and 1 @ a random gamestop 30 miles away.  Make enough product so people who want to buy can buy not a lucky random 30 people out of a thousand trying to buy

I predict Pit will have the exact same shitty "restock" as Marth and WFT.  Way to fuck with your fans even more, Nintendo ;)  A limited restock is just as bad as a limited release. I bet the great majority of these are going to people that already have them, or want to sell them.  Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back