Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Its like that with any collectible really -- the "first print" is always considered to be rarer and more valuable.  Obviously with Villager and Marth/Merth there are more significant differences, but the others with the different date-stamp on the packages would really only be for the most hard-core of amiibo collectors I'd imagine.  Others are just happy to have one of every character (in region specific boxes or not).

It bothers me a little bit that the box is different on the back of some of them. Other than that, I don't really care to get the OG print of any but Villager. I would like an OG Marth, but I want an OG Villager the most. All that forehead space on the reprint is ridiculous and ugly to me. XD I'd rather him a little cross eyed.

I want to be a hardcore collector with these, but the figures are too rare. Just can't do it.

Well since the Nintendo World stuff is dead for now I figured I'll ask an nighty question to everyone. What's your guys view on reprints? because I always laugh when I see someone post or sell amiibo and then put 1st print or reprint like it matters (which I know it does on some level) but besides for Villager(which clearly had some changes), I don't see the point or why one might be better than the other
I wouldn't laugh so much about that considering we have people in this thread who are willing to file ebay disputes over the "dirt" on a meta knight amiibo but it just depends on how desperate you are. The hardcore collectors will have "OG" of everything and are always willing to pay more money for perceived rarity even if it is just the back box art that's different. It's the same reason why NA boxes are worth 2-3x more than their international counterparts.

How many people are really just into collecting NIB NA figures just for the rarity, and not the collectors OCD of needing every box to look the same? :p
Just out of curiosity.

Bonus question: how many of you will be getting all the yarn yoshi amiibo?

Thanks guys for your input it just drives me crazy seeing of, first run, and first print when I really thought the main issue was that it wasn't North American then Nintendo gives you North American reprints and we still complain (villager and marth complaints aside, those make sense) but I'm am OOB guy so I know what you in Box NA collectors go thru is the real struggle any who to other questions

Detective I'm oob and care less about rarity but it does play a factor in which ones I own extras off and which ones I click on first when preorders come up

And of course I'm getting all the Yoshis amazon. It shipped today and I got another order of all 3 from Amazon. Jp.. One set to keep sealed one for my car, daughter and wife (I'm putting there names on it shhhhh)

How many people are really just into collecting NIB NA figures just for the rarity, and not the collectors OCD of needing every box to look the same? :p
Just out of curiosity.

Collecting NIB NA because I live in NA and want "my country's" stuff. Don't care much about rarity since I cut open the bottom of some of the boxes and such, but the "OCD" might have something to do with it.

Also, will DEFINITELY be getting all yarn yoshi if any retailer in the US will put the darn things up for pre-order!

I'm new to this ordering from Amazon Italy and what not, but I did have a quick question. Yesterday I did manage to get a Dark Pit and Palutena and they successfully went through. Today I was checking other Amiibo's (started with the Wii Fit Trainer) sold by Amazon.it and they all advised they could not ship to the US, has anyone else encountered this?

When the figures/boxes look the same aside from a small indentation on the back of the box, I can't see why anyone would care.

For figures with a huge visual difference like villager, it's easy for me to understand preferences. I prefer the look of the reprint villager. I've recently acquired an OG villager, but I'd rather have a reprint honestly.
I kinda don't get why 1st print Marths are going for that much... at least, not that I see, whereas 1st print Villager is going for crazy amounts. Kinda wish I didn't dump the spare European ones I imported (before I found a NA one) back when I did.

I'm new to this ordering from Amazon Italy and what not, but I did have a quick question. Yesterday I did manage to get a Dark Pit and Palutena and they successfully went through. Today I was checking other Amiibo's (started with the Wii Fit Trainer) sold by Amazon.it and they all advised they could not ship to the US, has anyone else encountered this?
Yea I noticed this too. My thought is that theyre in such high demand that they lock them out from importers.

Are people really referring to original runs as OGs?? xD wth??

Whatever floats your boat, still better than 'unicorn'. Geeeez.

Couldn't sift through 20 pages of comments, was WFT available for more than a few flickering pixels of a second on Amazon yesterday, or only in NWS or something? Still  the last, and one of the cheaper, 'rare' amiibos that I need.

I'm new to this ordering from Amazon Italy and what not, but I did have a quick question. Yesterday I did manage to get a Dark Pit and Palutena and they successfully went through. Today I was checking other Amiibo's (started with the Wii Fit Trainer) sold by Amazon.it and they all advised they could not ship to the US, has anyone else encountered this?
The Wii Fit Trainer on Amazon Italy is probably from a 3rd party seller and not Amazon itself. Those sellers probably have a different shipping policy regarding the US.

:edit: Actually I see some amiibo that are sold directly by Amazon don't ship either. So no idea. Probably a customs/shipping issue.

Well since the Nintendo World stuff is dead for now I figured I'll ask an nighty question to everyone. What's your guys view on reprints? because I always laugh when I see someone post or sell amiibo and then put 1st print or reprint like it matters (which I know it does on some level) but besides for Villager(which clearly had some changes), I don't see the point or why one might be better than the other
Regardless of one's personal opinion, 1st edition runs of collectables always hold considerably more value. As long as it's actually printed somewhere on the packaging. Which in the case of amiibos is miniscule, and not even apparent to most people.

Sure it doesn't matter to most, maybe 98% of people. But there will always be hardcore collectors that only want the first edition stuff. If there was a tiny "1st Edition" black stamp on these amiibo then the original Marth, WFT, Villager, Little Mac would all be selling for $120-250 easily. There would be even more flippers waiting in line on release days. We should be thankful that Nintendo went the route of not recognizing or differentiating the reprints in writing. Collectors are pleased too because they can still tell the difference with the indented stamp.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still hoping to track down a year one/first edition Villager and Marth for a truly complete set.

Yeah I'd love a first run Villager but just can't justify the prices now. If I get a reprint that will be more than good enough for me.
What's a first run Villager going for nowadays? I remember when the panic was in full swing, a couple weeks after Nintendo made that infamous "we may not restock some of the less popular characters" announcement, they were hitting as high as $120 for a US sealed version. I can't imagine they are still that high?

I don't think these reprints of NA villager are going to get cheaper than the $60 this guy is asking on Ebay.   If the restock is indeed similar numbers to Marth and WFT I would jump on that offer in order to complete a collection.  That's a very good price all things considered.  People are going to be pissed in a week or two when they aren't able to score the one figure their Gamestop gets.

What's a first run Villager going for nowadays? I remember when the panic was in full swing, a couple weeks after Nintendo made that infamous "we may not restock some of the less popular characters" announcement, they were hitting as high as $120 for a US sealed version. I can't imagine they are still that high?
The "OG" Villager in a NA box goes for north of $150 pretty frequently now. Sometimes you can grab it for around $120, but $150 is the new water mark. I just got an OG Japanese Villager for 40 with shipping from a US seller. I felt like I made out pretty good all things considered. The other 36 from the Smash line are NA new in box for me and honestly just wanted the villager to round out the collection and wasn't paying 100 for a 12 dollar toy

Can anyone help me with the link to the sold by amazon link i can use for pit.  I know it is usually not available when oss but it is still existent as a page.

Can anyone help me with the link to the sold by amazon link i can use for pit. I know it is usually not available when oss but it is still existent as a page.
What you do is you keep refreshing the page, once it shows the 12.99 option on the new link, you click and you will see the option to buy from amazon. this is what I do

FYI to those that really care about the OG's. The best way to tell if a wave 1-3 stock is a reprint by looking at the back and seeing if it advertises New 3DSXL compatibility. OG's only advertise that it works on the Wii U. Much better than trying to figure out if Marth's face looks different

Villager sold out so quickly this morning, I'm glad I decided it wasn't worth it to go for one figure. I probably wouldn't have gotten him

On another note: I'm surprised people are planning on buying [or have bought] all three Yarn Yoshi amiibo. I'm trying to be strong and save some money by only getting one for now haha. Now I'm rethinking that stance..

Villager sold out so quickly this morning, I'm glad I decided it wasn't worth it to go for one figure. I probably wouldn't have gotten him

On another note: I'm surprised people are planning on buying [or have bought] all three Yarn Yoshi amiibo. I'm trying to be strong and save some money by only getting one for now haha. Now I'm rethinking that stance..
If I could find a place to order them from, I'd buy all three instantly. If anything pops up, please do let me know.

Yoshi has a luigi like fan base of dedicated fans. It also helps that the things are fucking adorable. I'm going to personally buy a bunch and hold them as gifts since they're cute enough to pass on as gifts to non gamers

I have both currently available Yoshi as well, since I'm one of those dedicated Yoshi fans.
I kinda figured these wouldn't be bought up at launch like the SMB series and I'd be able to change my mind if I wanted. I clearly underestimated the appeal of being adorable. Guess I better decide before pre-orders go up and I regret everything.

FYI to those that really care about the OG's. The best way to tell if a wave 1-3 stock is a reprint by looking at the back and seeing if it advertises New 3DSXL compatibility. OG's only advertise that it works on the Wii U. Much better than trying to figure out if Marth's face looks different
Also look at the imprint on the back of the box. The first two numbers are the week of the year it was produced and the 3rd number is the year. Then you can match it up with the CSPIA pages to determine it. Shulk, Ike, Marth all are "2nd prints" but still only have the WiiU on the reverse side. For those who are anal about that stuff. :)

I'm just glad I finally got a Marth, Villager and Shulk in the past month. Been a good ass month!!!

Stepped out to get the ? block case. :/ Damn..

(EDIT: Great deal on the case with Luigi though, thanks whoever mentioned it. Got a figure I needed and a case I really wanted. :))

Just out of curiosity.

Well i am going for a sealed nib eur set, thou atm its a mix of NA and EUR. Im attempting to trade for all the same but i can desl with them not being.

As for yoshi, yep love yoshi! Only amiibo skipping so far is animal crossing stuff.

Not sure if anyone is aware but GameStop is having a sale right now for used amiibos. Buy 3 or more for 50% off, works on skylanders and Disney infinity also. I know their used prices are only a dollar lower than a new one but with 50% off its not that bad. Mainly commons though.

Not sure if anyone is aware but GameStop is having a sale right now for used amiibos. Buy 3 or more for 50% off, works on skylanders and Disney infinity also. I know their used prices are only a dollar lower than a new one but with 50% off its not that bad. Mainly commons though.
I have yet to even see a GS with used amiibo, would be nice if they spread around the used stock.

Also: Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de both have Little Mac up right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back