Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thank you for noticing! I don't post in here all that often, so I was certainly surprised to even see me mentioned. It's been kinda slow lately and I already have my 5a and Yarn Yoshi amiibo in hand so I haven't been checking quite as often.
Nice to be ahead of the game. I seem to have worse luck with making foreign preorder windows than domestic haha. And I wish I'd paid more attention to AmiAmi and YesAsia before the Yarn Yoshi went up. Live and learn.

Aside from the retro gaming discussion, you're really not missing much.

Is the Line notification chat still around? If so, could someone please send me an invite? I was on the list before, but switched phones and for some reason the group isn't showing when I installed the app on the new phone...

No direct shipping to US from amazon.jp. You have to use a forwarding service like Tenso. Not sure how much, but probably <$10.
Last time I bought one amiibo (Ness, which is light weight), it costs around $15 shipping (they charge 500 Yen for processing fees). For 3, I will say around $25-30? Maybe more since I'm not sure how much the Yarn Yoshi weights.

However, just want to mention, they did NOT warp or use any padding. My amiibo arrived, of course, damaged. I emailed them but they refused to do anything because they said unless the figure inside is damaged, otherwise... They will not take responsibility even thought they didn't carefully pack or warp it, and they don't care. And yes, they actually said that.

Last time I bought one amiibo (Ness, which is light weight), it costs around $15 shipping (they charge 500 Yen for processing fees). For 3, I will say around $25-30? Maybe more since I'm not sure how much the Yarn Yoshi weights.

However, just want to mention, they did NOT warp or use any padding. My amiibo arrived, of course, damaged. I emailed them but they refused to do anything because they said unless the figure inside is damaged, otherwise... They will not take responsibility even thought they didn't carefully pack or warp it, and they don't care. And yes, they actually said that.
Right, I forgot the processing fee. I think my last order was around 900 yen for two amiibo, not including the 500 yen fee. I chose the slowest shipping. It took 2-3 weeks to deliver. I suspect the shipping cost doesn't scale drastically with greater weight.

Nintendo had motion controllers for the original NES: Power Glove, U-Force, and GameHandler (the original one hand controller).
Matel / PAX made the Power Glove. Nintendo was not involved in the creation of it.

U-Force was made by Brøderbund and Nintendo had nothing to do with it.

GameHadler was a 3rd party controller that again, Nintendo had nothing to do with.

Sony on the other hand did all the work needed for the EyeToy. It tracked your body without accessories which was a first (as far as I know, I may be wrong) to do so commercially.

Most of you guys weren't even around when the power glove was released, what's this pointless bickering?!?!

Let your balls drop first and leave Google/wiki alone, does it tell you that the power glove was crap anyway? It was a glorified prop in a crap movie.

Sony on the other hand did all the work needed for the EyeToy. It tracked your body without accessories which was a first (as far as I know, I may be wrong) to do so commercially.
I think the Sega Activator holds that "distinction", not sure though. Either way, it predates the eyetoy by about 10 years (1993).

Most of you guys weren't even around when the power glove was released, what's this pointless bickering?!?!

Let your balls drop first and leave Google/wiki alone, does it tell you that the power glove was crap anyway? It was a glorified prop in a crap movie.
Some see bickering, I see some people just conversing amidst a little bickering. I don't think anyone's arguing that the power glove was any good though..

I think the Sega Activator holds that "distinction", not sure though. Either way, it predates the eyetoy by about 10 years (1993).
I think it qualifies enough to be a starting point. Love to see old tech like that, especially of something I've never seen.

Here's a video of it for anyone interested in what it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXL8-k28nos

Some see bickering, I see some people just conversing amidst a little bickering. I don't think anyone's arguing that the power glove was any good though..
lol.... It was just a little frustrating that the last post I read hours ago was the same thing I stumbled into later on. I guess to continue off topic, Sega introduced and even pioneered a lot of stuff before it's demise, the activator being one of them.

I think it qualifies enough to be a starting point. Love to see old tech like that, especially of something I've never seen.
I do too. They may not work at all, but I always find it interesting to see how far gaming peripherals have come and continue to evolve.

I actually played with a Sega Activator once when I was a kid (my brother's friend had it). That guy in the vid got more of a response out of the one I tried, but I still thought it was amazing just because it existed.

lol.... It was just a little frustrating that the last post I read hours ago was the same thing I stumbled into later on. I guess to continue off topic, Sega introduced and even pioneered a lot of stuff before it's demise, the activator being one of them.
Yeah, I get it lol. I'm surprised the conversation is still going myself (I'm not helping at all but, I just love to talk/hear about gaming history).
Never really noticed until today how much Sega and Nintendo had in common. They both liked to innovate and push home consoles beyond better graphics.

This is the reason why this thread is getting so many replies. It can go on for pages before the thread goes back to amiibo. Lol

I love the power glove. It's so bad.

So about those amiibo

Im assuming with animal crossing series coming out we will get a good restock on villager. With wii fit trainers inclusion on mario maker they seem to be giving reason to own these besides smash. Im guessing they do something with R.O.B. and Duck hunt for example.

Just a little thought

So as far as GS restocks go should I call in each morning to see what they've gotten in or check online?
One of the stores near me told me to call or stop by on Wednesday morning. At first the employee said he wasn't sure why they wouldn't be able to sell the stock as soon as it came in, but after he checked something on his computer he said "Well we definitely have to hold it until Thursday morning to sell." Some stores may not follow that though so probably doesn't hurt to check with several of your local Gamestops to see what each is going to do, and plan accordingly.

So about those amiibo

Im assuming with animal crossing series coming out we will get a good restock on villager. With wii fit trainers inclusion on mario maker they seem to be giving reason to own these besides smash. Im guessing they do something with R.O.B. and Duck hunt for example.

Just a little thought
The only issue with your assumption is that it seems logical. Therefore, nintendo probably won't do it.

So about those amiibo

Just a little thought
AFAIK, Every Amiibo release so far will work with Mario Maker...except the Pokemon.

Didn't see it here yet but they just announced dark editions of skylanders for wii and wii u which means there are dark Bowser and Dk skylanders/amiibo that are exclusive to those bundles.

I had regular editions preordered but I think I'm gonna cancel. Too much stuff.

Glad I don't collect those Skylander things. They just announced a dark version of the DK and Bowser figures.

SSC_WiiU_Drk_Contents_FINAL_HiRes.jpg

SSC_Keyshot_DarkBowser_FIN_HiRes.jpg

SSC_Keyshot_DarkDonkeyKong_FIN_HiRes.jpg

Didn't see it here yet but they just announced dark editions of skylanders for wii and wii u which means there are dark Bowser and Dk skylanders/amiibo that are exclusive to those bundles.

I had regular editions preordered but I think I'm gonna cancel. Too much stuff.
I was just coming to post this. Destructoid puts each set at $99, and while I do like the look of DK especially, I'm glad I got out of Skylanders after Swap Force.

Best Buy near me has Wii Fit Trainer. It's my first time seeing her in the wild. Not interested though... just waiting on ZSS (and maybe Palutena).

Nooooooooo

The color scheme on Dark Bowser is much better and very tempting. But thank goodness the pose is still awful. That was a close one.

Man, there may actually be a chance they will release a Magma Bowser figure after this development. Then I'll be done for.

According to @AmiiboNews on Twitter, some GameStop's got Ness' and King DeDeDe's already. Some people have been able to purchase them.
Well, that's just great. I was able to get a half day on the 9th in hopes of snagging a Ness but if other stores are already selling these, then I might have just wasted some PTO.

Any way to see what's in stock at Gamestop?  I'm guessing no since I don't see either one listed.

Ordered a Charizard amiibo for instore pick up at Walmart this morning. Got the email that my amiibo is ready to be picked up then it gets canceled in the next 5 minutes.....

So gamestops usually open 10-11, what's the best time to go to be one of the firsts in line, for those that have gone to GS for morning releases?

Depends. If you live in North Carolina, shortly after they open should be sufficient. Other places can be slam-packed with desperate scalpers. But it seems like actual scalping activity is starting to drop off...so who knows really.

Some gamestops are breaking the date. I picked up ness and dedede from 2 different locations. One was already sold out of dedede , other had both. I did have to ask for them as they werent on the shelf.

I called up a few gamestops.  None of them said they had a restock except one store, which told me they "sold them all when they opened this morning." 

If I dont get a Ness because they sold them early I will be writing a strongly worded message to them using a number 2 pencil with a batman stamp to show im serious.

Honestly hate bashing GS, mostly because I don't really care either way about them, but those fuqrs can't even adhere to a street date???? Come the heck on... I just really hope actually fans are getting these amiibo!

Walked into BB looking to get in on the MLB 15 The Show deal. Walked up to the amiibo section not even looking for anything. An associate is stocking and brings up 2 WFT's. Got 1 for myself. 

Where did the 9th street date come from anyway? Unless it was an official release of some kind, they probably won't care. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back