Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing how this has been up for this long and how long Palutena was up for, I'm going to resist importing Dr Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr because maybe just maybe Nintendo is getting their act together. That and retailers allowing only one of each helps as well.

And was is this GameStop event people are talking about? 3 pack of what?

Seeing how this has been up for this long and how long Palutena was up for, I'm going to resist importing Dr Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr because maybe just maybe Nintendo is getting their act together. That and retailers allowing only one of each helps as well.

Supposed to be a "retro" 3 pack. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, and ROB. Preorders open on 8/8 but nothing is confirmed by Gamestop. All just a rumor for now but it is coming from "reputable" sources.

I literally just woke up, accidentally clicked the last page of this thread, remembered about Dark Pit and ordered it just fine.

I bet alot of you CaGers f$(%$(ing hate me right now.

GS is supposed to get a retro 3 pack of Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt and Rob. i guess you can preorder in the morning on August 8th in store.

Supposed to be a "retro" 3 pack. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, and ROB. Preorders open on 8/8 but nothing is confirmed by Gamestop. All just a rumor for now but it is coming from "reputable" sources.
That's my birthday. Would be cool to use all this GS credit to get my most anticipated on my birthday.

Thanks for the info.

its bascially confirmed, it was posted on the gamestop reddit before anyone else mentioned it and an event on 8/8 was confirmed weeks ago also on the gs reddit

Buddy works at Best Buy and they had 30 Dark Pits this morning for preorder/instore there was also about 50 people camped in front of the store so it seems like more are shipping but still not enough for the demand 

its bascially confirmed, it was posted on the gamestop reddit before anyone else mentioned it and an event on 8/8 was confirmed weeks ago also on the gs reddit
When GS refers to PUR members getting an hour jump, is that only paid PUR members or do they include free members as well when they have done similar promos?

My wife went to Best Buy this morning and got a Dark Pit for me. She got the ticket, decided to leave (don't ask me why) and then came back to get him. She did get it... but it's battered to shit, and I'm a NIB collector. If anyone in the Milwaukee area wants one to open, he will be returned to the Greenfield BB at about 6 tonight  :p

Best Buy selling them online seems like a big middle finger to all of the poor fans who were waiting in line for hours.

I'd be seriously pissed off to have waited in line and still not end up with one because they only received between 15 and 40 of them.

I was also told by my local Best Buy that they would "never be sold on their website because they couldn't control how many are ordered". He was full of SHAQ I'm thinking.

Best Buy selling them online seems like a big middle finger to all of the poor fans who were waiting in line for hours.

I'd be seriously pissed off to have waited in line and still not end up with one because they only received between 15 and 40 of them.

I was also told by my local Best Buy that they would "never be sold on their website because they couldn't control how many are ordered". He was full of SHAQ I'm thinking.
What about people like me who work a normal job and cannot ever go to these stupid Friday releases? You are basically saying I should not have a chance to get one then.

Last time I ordered some amiibos from bestbuy.com they put all 3 of them inside of a padded envelope.

Needless to say, all 3 were damaged/crushed/bent/torn. When I called BB CS about it, all they told me was since they left the warehouse in good condition that it's the carrier's fault. WTF  :boxing:

Surprised to see 20 people in line.  I got there right at open.  There was enough so everyone got one.  But the stock they had on the floor was gone quick.  last I saw the guy was grabbing a 2nd box of them in the back. The limit was 2 per person but was quickly changed to 1. 

contrast that with my mom who went on a run for me  in case my luck didn't hold up.  She got there 5 minutes early and there were 3 people in line.  Limit was 1 there to start with.

So I have a few extras.  I guess I have her return them unless people are paying a lot on Ebay. 

Last time I ordered some amiibos from bestbuy.com they put all 3 of them inside of a padded envelope.

Needless to say, all 3 were damaged/crushed/bent/torn. When I called BB CS about it, all they told me was since they left the warehouse in good condition that it's the carrier's fault. WTF :boxing:
Yeah happened to me too. They could care less.

I might actually show up for the 3-pack pre-order at GameStop. I typically don't go in for pre-orders, especially on items like Amiibos. (part of the fun/challenge is trying to get them) But that "retro" pack is right up my alley, and I have GOT to get my hands on a R.O.B. As a child of the 80's, that particular figure is right in my wheelhouse. My first exposure to the original NES included that robot.

I'm worried that because it's just one Amiibo they will ship it in a padded mailer. Here's hoping for the best.
Some BB rep during Wave 4 mentioned they fixed that issue and weren't shipping them in bubble mailers anymore. Now whether your Amiibo comes with a huge X slash cut in the back is another question as some people who ordered from Wave 4 ended up getting them like that (as did I but it was Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man which were easily replaceable).

Some BB rep during Wave 4 mentioned they fixed that issue and weren't shipping them in bubble mailers anymore. Now whether your Amiibo comes with a huge X slash cut in the back is another question as some people who ordered from Wave 4 ended up getting them like that (as did I but it was Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man which were easily replaceable).
Yeah what the heck was with the box cutter mark on the back of some of them? My Charizard came like that and I complained to CS and never got an email back.

Yeah what the heck was with the box cutter mark on the back of some of them? My Charizard came like that and I complained to CS and never got an email back.
It's how warehouse associates are taught to open boxes. Cut with an x to open the case. It's faster then cutting the tape.

I walked into a Best Buy at 12:45 today and they still had 30 Dark Pit available. I'll admit I had to ask where since they weren't on the sales floor but yeesh, glad I don't live anywhere cool that would involve lots of competition. ; )

Weren't you the one guy with the broken back that was whining about Best Buy not selling it online a couple days ago?

You do know it was only online for less than 15 minutes right? I'd still rather have secured mine in stores.

Didn't BBY say these would only be sold in stores? I mean, I'm glad they weren't but still, it would have been nice to know I would have had a chance online so that I didn't need to worry about it.:lol: 

So I just compared the two Dark Pit I had gotten...they both have different poses. Trying to figure out which is more "right" as per the official images:

http://i.imgur.com/YKekote.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jvfgY3U.jpg

The hell is that about? For those who don't want to view the pictures, one Dark Pit is holding his weapon up and at an angle, the other is holding it more level
Did his arm get bent maybe lol? My US and JP are both level

Today, was crazy OMG! "I was able to get a brand new Dark Pit yesterday, in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." Anyone else remember this classic tale? I'ma do this for every new release, lol!

Has BB stated whether there will be restocks? Hate to pay $30 on eBay. :(
Not officially. But Nintendo rep was at my store today and said smash bros amiibos would keep getting reprints as long as they were selling. Now I take things with a grain of salt but he was saying this around wave 3 and A lot have had some restocked.

Today, was crazy OMG! "I was able to get a brand new Dark Pit yesterday, in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." Anyone else remember this classic tale? I'ma do this for every new release, lol!
My favorite is still the guy who posted a video of himself in his fury costume showing his amiibo collection. Lmao

Love how the guy bitching about it being in store only is bitching about it being put online.
Re-read what I wrote and show me exactly where I was hitching.

See?
I am happy they put it online. I said if I were one of the poor fans waiting in line I would be angry for them to say it wouldn't be sold online.

People are so fast to judge others they don't even bother reading anymore.

if you waited hours for dark pit its because you wanted dark pit, others also getting him should not affect you
You guys are not comprehending this.

A. Best Buy sends out an alert to Amiibo fans saying they will "not be selling Dark Pit Amiibo online" and that if you want one you will "have to show up to your local Best Buy retail store" and that "Supplies will be very limited".

B. Fans who want this feel they need to line up at their local Best Buy stores and wait hours for this.

C. Many of these people o have waited in line for a chance to buy them are told they were sold out and sent home.

D. Some of these people even missed out on the online sales because they were at their local BB store, even while they would have much rather stayed home and bought from the website, but since they were told this was not an option, they did not.

Why do people take the word of people working in store about what's going to happen on the website. Those people have no clue what corporate is going to do. Best Buy would have been stupid not to put up at least some of the stock online. Not everybody lives in an area with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back