Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people take the word of people working in store about what's going to happen on the website. Those people have no clue what corporate is going to do. Best Buy would have been stupid not to put up at least some of the stock online. Not everybody lives in an area with one.
It WAS corporate who said is in the first place...

FROM BEST BUY CORPORATE

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/dark-pit-amiibo-available-july-31-only-at-best-buy/
To say Nintendo’s amiibo are popular would be quite the understatement.

The $12.99 interactive figures have captivated gamers and collectors alike, and everyone seems to have a favorite character.

Dark Pit amiiboCome July 31, the Dark Pit amiibo will be released, and he can only be found at your local Best Buy store. You can’t pre-order this exclusive amiibo.

Best Buy selling them online seems like a big middle finger to all of the poor fans who were waiting in line for hours.
Yeah, well, only selling them to people who line up and don't have to work by 10AM is a big middle finger to them, too, so... be happy for those of us who have jobs and got a chance to order the amiibo online? :)

Yup, he bitches no matter what.
I give up. You guys have the comprehension skills of children.

*I* was not bitching.
*I am happy they sold online and even bought one online since I am in fact the one "with the broken back".

Now hopefully you've read that NICE AND SLOWLY and understand it now.

Go go bestbuy in lees summit, Missouri still have 9 dark pits. They have late shipment today. Go go go check out customer service counters ;) good luck

Yup, he bitches no matter what.

*I* was not bitching.
*I am happy they sold online and even bought one online since I am in fact the one "with the broken back".

*I* was not bitching.

And yet you complained about them "giving the middle finger" to those on line. You're seriously in denial about how much you want it both ways here.

*I* was not bitching.

I'm with you on this, I read your post an understood exactly what you were getting at.

The scenario that happened to me was: I got half the day off work, showed up to Best Buy because I thought they would not be online, was 49th for a store that had 48 amiibo, thought welp Im screwed - bought one off ebay, ... surprise its online jk, bought a second one with my GCU. Yes I was very irritated that 1 I had to take some time off work, 2 I bought one from ebay because I assumed I would have to search for weeks/months if not, 3 It came online after I bought it from ebay.

I would have been happy to not take time off, and buy it leisurely online so I wouldnt have wasted time and extra money today.

My favorite is still the guy who posted a video of himself in his fury costume showing his amiibo collection. Lmao
Oh, yeah that one o_O! Dude, that video was so creepy, especially since I saw it at, 1AM. The costume was so well made, that the paws functioned like opposable thumbs (so disturbing). I wouldn't be surprised if he had a kid tied up in the back. I feel bad for that Bowser, he was opening with those creepy tiger paws. Way to revive nightmares, lol.

Oh, yeah that one o_O! Dude, that video was so creepy, especially since I saw it at, 1AM. The costume was so well made, that the paws functioned like opposable thumbs (so disturbing). I wouldn't be surprised if he had a kid tied up in the back. I feel bad for that Bowser, he was opening with those creepy tiger paws. Way to revive nightmares, lol.
It was the perfect moving jaw that really creeped me out when I watched that vid.
Thought it was hilarious though lol.

For me, even though I was around when it went up online, I'm still glad I got to my store super early and physically waited in line. It meant I got to check through the stack of Pits and choose the best one since I was one of the first to check out. No worries about it being damaged in shipping, plus I got to hang out with a ton of other Amiibo fans and had a really good time. I loved my Friday morning, and got to walk out with a pristine Pit. So no, I'm not pissed it went up online and I don't feel like I wasted my time, either.

Wasn't going to wake up early and missed the online sale. Didn't expect it would happen so soon. Oh well, off to try for a trade I guess.

I bill by the hour so I would have preferred to know I could have had a chance online rather than climbing out of bed early and waiting several hours in the sun without charging billable hours. Having said that, I am still glad I was able to get one at least and yes, was able to meet a few really cool people in line including a Gamestop Manager that may come in handy as a contact for the 8/8 preorder date.

Was 13th at best buy and of course the usual suspects were already there. After talking to them I've learned that they are the local pokemon tcg group. Dudes were super elitist

Was 13th at best buy and of course the usual suspects were already there. After talking to them I've learned that they are the local pokemon tcg group. Dudes were super elitist
Every hardcore Pokemon player I have met seems either elitist or just weird. I love making their heads implode when I ask what EV/IVs are.

Really, well that's new to me?! I had no idea people, still played the Pokemon Trading Card Game. I mean, I'm into NU competitive online battling but, I've never met someone, whom still plays the card game.

I'm with you on this, I read your post an understood exactly what you were getting at.
The scenario that happened to me was: I got half the day off work, showed up to Best Buy because I thought they would not be online, was 49th for a store that had 48 amiibo, thought welp Im screwed - bought one off ebay, ... surprise its online jk, bought a second one with my GCU. Yes I was very irritated that 1 I had to take some time off work, 2 I bought one from ebay because I assumed I would have to search for weeks/months if not, 3 It came online after I bought it from ebay.
I would have been happy to not take time off, and buy it leisurely online so I wouldnt have wasted time and extra money today.
Sorry to hear that man.

I'd certainly be angry as well.
All they did was cause a false sense of urgency to steer buyers to their stores and once they were mostly sold out they announced on Twitter that they were then available on the website.

I've been hearing from people who were waiting in lines before BB even opened just to get one.
I feel bad for them.

No clue and don't care. He has been bitching and moaning all day. Even about Dark Pit going online.
If it's me you are speaking of then please, by all means, show me a single post from today where I was "bitching and moaning all day".

Otherwise it's just you bitching because you cleary can't both read and comprehend a post (THAT'S ONE POST BTW) which I made early discussing how I felt someone who waited in line all day only to be told they sold out, while they could have simply bought one from the comforts of their office chair.

So, please read the post and put your brain to work for a bit before commenting. Thanks.

went half an hour before opening. there were no more. i was somewhat shocked since there's usually not as many people. thats what i get for underestimating. thanks to the guy in the glasses who told me so i didnt have to wait any longer! 

luckily, i was able to get one online later. i knew it would go online, i just wanted to hunt for the thrill (and to get my myself out of bed).  :p

Yeah, well, only selling them to people who line up and don't have to work by 10AM is a big middle finger to them, too, so... be happy for those of us who have jobs and got a chance to order the amiibo online? :)
That was my point.

One guy misunderstood my post (thinking *I* was bitching....I was not) and everyone followed him.

I was happy they sold online and I was able to order one.

No one should have to take time off of work or even line-up in front of a store just to get an Amiibo and this is EXACTLY what Best Buy said everyone had to do if they wanted one.
"Only available at retail locations"

I also placed an extra order for Dark Pit at Best Buy. I tried to cancel the order but it is too late. So if you were working or a long time CAG that contribute and would like one for at cost plus shipping pm me.

Today, was crazy OMG! "I was able to get a brand new Dark Pit yesterday, in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." Anyone else remember this classic tale? I'ma do this for every new release, lol!
That's what you get for being in New York, wait till TSA gets a hold of your amiibo.

tsa-cavity-search-cartoon.jpg

For the people who take time off work to camp for amiibos.. Doesn't it make more sense to go to work and spend the money you made working instead of standing in line on said amiibo even if it's a higher price? You're just losing money by not working.. Unless you're using vacation hours.. Which.. Whyyyy..

For the people who take time off work to camp for amiibos.. Doesn't it make more sense to go to work and spend the money you made working instead of standing in line on said amiibo even if it's a higher price? You're just losing money by not working.. Unless you're using vacation hours.. Which.. Whyyyy..
I would do most anything for my child.

You do realize that not everyone works a Monday through Friday 9-5 work week correct? And before you attack me saying that I probably work retail, I am an office manager who is in control of his schedule and can come and go as I please. But yes, I work Monday through Friday usually 8-430ish =P

You do realize that not everyone works a Monday through Friday 9-5 work week correct? And before you attack me saying that I probably work retail, I am an office manager who is in control of his schedule and can come and go as I please. But yes, I work Monday through Friday usually 8-430ish =P
Yeah I fully realize that. I'm talking about the people who specifically said they took off or went in to work late - at least one person did that and ended up with nothing. I myself work 1pm-11pm.

Ah, this question again.

lol, if many of us assigned value to the amount of time hunting these based on how much we make at our jobs I'm sure we would all be better off just buying from scalpers. But there was something satisfying about getting that Meta Knight on release day (no pre-order) and paying less than retail with GCU. The thrill of the hunt? :lol:
TL/DR: "beating" scalpers brings us joy in our otherwise meaningless and unfulfilling lives.

Did brokeback who was crying a few days ago about BB discriminating against him get his Dark Pit online?
You might want to consider dropping the name calling as well as throwing a couple of commas in there once in a while.

Seriously though, please stop with the rudeness.
I suggested BB sell online (which is what they ultimately ended up doing) and I was harassed for it.

Mods removed the offensive posts aimed at me. Next time they may remove the offensive posters as well. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to bring up suggestions without being flamed. Please try to be respectful towards one another.

Not everyone works 9a-5p. Some ppl get off work at say 6am etc and just go there before going home to sleep. Others may choose vacation time to use for something they like doing, one may agree or disagree what a good use of that time is.

As for me, I remember blowing off a day of high school to camp for a PS2 or the wii/gamecube. Its fun if your going as a group and hanging out. I got to my tru after target last wave and ppl were playing 3ds smash tournaments etc looked like alot of fun.

For dark pit thou i will say i went to sleep and completely forgot about it thou i checked bestbuy.com for the hell of it at 4pm estish and saw him and ordered him with 2 other items to get freee shipping. Sadly thou I forgot about the 3ds sale till just now and missed out getting some games ive been wanting. Overall it was a good day.

I'm sick of this thread...
I hope people remember just because you are on the internet it doesnt mean you cant control yourself. Saying hurtful things to each other is not getting this thread anywhere. Let's be a community and stick together. Or you can choose to disrespect each other until someone is banned.

Because it's better to be a little late for work than to contribute to things being as bad as they are by encouraging assholes scalping online for any price. I would rather camp out a couple hours and get it at MSRP than give even an extra dollar to a scalper.

Lol these comments are funny but true waiting in line isnt worth it any more to me screw that i rather work than stand in line again did it twice never again. 

Had to work so if anyone did get a spare they will let go of reasonablely, PM me. I do wish i had thought to go online. Oh, well. I will know for next time.

Okay, I know I said I would do this list two days ago lol but I got up early and did it today.

I'm trying to put together a list of 1st Print numbers for those of you (and eventually me) who want 1st Print editions of amiibos. If you want to help out, these are the commons and rares I'm missing from my collection (or at least the ones I'm not 70% or more sure I have 1st Print versions of):

SSB Commons
Mario
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Fox
Samus
Pikachu
Kirby
Luigi

SSB Rares
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Little Mac
Ike
Shulk
King Dedede
Meta Knight

SMB Line
Yoshi
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Just PM me the numbers on the back of your boxes if you bought any of these at launch of each wave.

Good question, but for me it goes like this:

First of all, I work salary and hours are flexible since I work from home, so it isn't an issue. Secondly, I was taking the day off anyways so me and my oldest son could run some errands then go ride some rides at the local theme park.

Thirdly, I absolutely deplore the idea of paying someone a premium for buying up items that someone else would buy and use for the sole purpose of making money off them. They are neither manufacturer nor distributor nor retailer, just overhead in the retail process - a leech on the system. It's just how I feel about it, I know others are fine with scalping - but I simply refuse to encourage it. If I can't get it for retail, I don't get it. If I miss the item, then congrats to the people that were faster.

That said, we did get one yesterday, my son and I got the last slip at our Best Buy - 18 of 18, and we got there maybe 5 minutes before open. I wasn't that surprised in their count, as my Best Buy is a smaller one not far from a much larger one, but it did surprise me how fast they went. More people were there for him than last wave. I guess that was because that was spread around at other stores, including Target that opened much earlier. Even more surprising was that no one else I talked to in line had gotten a Palutena, it didn't sound like people even tried for her. I could understand if it was just kids, but I figured collector would have hopped on her like we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back