Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Olimar and Ganondorf back up on Amazon.de if anyone needs them.  Plenty of former "rares" available there and at the .it pages.  Little Mac, Lucario, Marth, etc.

Check your local TRU today, I found several Greninja and Wario in stock and today is the last day for the 3 for $33 sale.
Checked yesterday after seeing multiple reports of stock and my store didn't have either. Maybe I will swing by again later today to see if that has changed. I wonder if the stocking of these two is nationwide or regional (Greninja is one of the few Amiibos I don't own yet). Thanks for the report.

Interesting thing about the Greninja I picked up yesterday, the date code pre-dates the one I picked up around launch.

Interesting thing about the Greninja I picked up yesterday, the date code pre-dates the one I picked up around launch.
I just realized the back of my Dark Pit box didn't have a picture or mention anything about the New 3DSXL like the recent amiibo/reprints have.

Pretty sure my Palutena had the New 3DSXL on the back but I forget.
Maybe NOA printed extra before release, but I literally just looked through my entire collection for the numbers on the back and took note that every single 1st print one I own has no mention of the New 3DS (i.e. the last few waves I have are all first print).

Just got my Palutena. Her shield arm is awfully wobbly. Does anyone else have the same issue? I mean, apart from the derpy face she's an amazing little $13 figure with no issues but that shield arm seems like it is going to need some hot glue sooner or later.

And then it will need to be reattached with some epoxy or something.

Just got my Palutena. Her shield arm is awfully wobbly. Does anyone else have the same issue? I mean, apart from the derpy face she's an amazing little $13 figure with no issues but that shield arm seems like it is going to need some hot glue sooner or later.

And then it will need to be reattached with some epoxy or something.
She's definitely the most movable amiibo.

I forgot to look at Toys R Us yesterday. I went to Target, Best Buy and Gamestop. I was able to get a Dark Pit at like 10:45 am. I went to the back where they keep the Amiibos and the guy told me they sold out immediatly and that people where lined up at 7 am when he arrived for work. Well I had my $5 coupon that expired yesterday so I was going to get a POSA card and be on my way but thought I would check with customer service anyway and see if they had any left/returned. They had like 6 left on the counter and upon checking they were available to sell. I got one w/ my coupon it was like $6.xx

Wish I would have went to Toys R Us now, but I had ran all day/afternoon it was my last stop so I decided to skip it.

Got Dark Pit today at Best Buy after work. No lines no bull shit....no muss no fuss. Probably my most pleasant amiibo experience yet.

Early rumors suggest that Bowser JR will be a Toys R Us exclusive and Dr. Mario will be a Target exclusive. Mr. game and watch, ROB and Duck hunt dog being part of a gamestop exclusive retro three pack (with them getting a single release at other retailers). Zero suit Samus, Ganondorf, Olimar and Mii 3 pack being available at all retailers. Again these are rumors as of now.

4 Best Buy within an hour of my home, all out of stock within 2hr on Friday they said, and when I asked if there were any plans for restock, a manager said "we are hoping to not have a repeat of Meta Knight, but...."

Early rumors suggest that Bowser JR will be a Toys R Us exclusive and Dr. Mario will be a Target exclusive. Mr. game and watch, ROB and Duck hunt dog being part of a gamestop exclusive retro three pack (with them getting a single release at other retailers). Zero suit Samus, Ganondorf, Olimar and Mii 3 pack being available at all retailers. Again these are rumors as of now.
I shudder every time I read "Exclusive". -_-'

Welp, I'll be getting them from Amazon via importing again. Thats too many damn exclusives.

And I already know I'm gonna be out of town during the pre-order event at Gamestop, unless it goes live online too.

The last four exclusives have been cake to get. People need to stop whining so much and realize these will never be as mass produced as Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

The last four exclusives have been cake to get. People need to stop whining so much and realize these will never be as mass produced as Skylanders or Disney Infinity.
Ness was not easy to get initially... given how it was only available to pre-order in store and how GS's systems crashed. I remember reading about how some people waited like 2 hours just to pre-order. At the time, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any word of a restock either.

But after he was reprinted, yes, he was easy to get.

Ness was not easy to get initially... given how it was only available to pre-order in store and how GS's systems crashed. I remember reading about how some people waited like 2 hours just to pre-order. At the time, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any word of a restock either.

This. I waited for about 2 hours total for my Ness preorder. After I got it, I found one in a store and bought it in the hopes of maybe finding someone to trade with. But they've become so easy to get, he's been sitting on my table forever now. Lol.

Just a heads up, some districts have more in hand! One of my managers made an order of 34 more at Burbank, CA. Be on the lookout for potential restocking if you missed the first wave!

I tried to stay away from the Amiibos for the longest time, but the collector in me finally gave in. I love it, it's like a treasure hunt for adults. :)

What are these amiibo toys, and should I even bother if I only have Super Smash Bros 3DS and no Wii U?

Not trolling you guys intentionally. I'm just old and don't quite get the hype.  :( They seem unnecessary and expensive to me.

What are these amiibo toys, and should I even bother if I only have Super Smash Bros 3DS and no Wii U?

Not trolling you guys intentionally. I'm just old and don't quite get the hype. :( They seem unnecessary and expensive to me.
If you're big into SSB, and want a more challenging CPU fighter to train/learn against I recommend picking your favorite character (hopefully it's not a rare) and buying just the one. Otherwise, imo, it's not really worth having these unless you own a Wii U (or just want some cool cheap figures). As of right now, they don't do much of anything outside of SSB for either console but even less on the 3DS.

Not trolling you guys intentionally. I'm just old and don't quite get the hype. :( They seem unnecessary and expensive to me.
They are dumb toys with useless functionality that we buy because of 30 years of Nintendo nostalgia, they are cute, and as Amercians we are obligated to needlessly collect things. It's Nintendo's first foray into a standardized, serialized collection of figures.

If you're big into SSB, and want a more challenging CPU fighter to train/learn against I recommend picking your favorite character (hopefully it's not a rare) and buying just the one. Otherwise, imo, it's not really worth having these unless you own a Wii U (or just want some cool cheap figures). As of right now, they don't do much of anything outside of SSB for either console but even less on the 3DS.
I'm best with Marth and Sheik, but I've seen import discussion about those two so they are probably expensive? Rosalina is a hard kill, although I hear Ryu is good, and I would be interested in fighting those. But yeah, if they're not really used that much then I probably won't be investing money in them; my Smash friends come over almost every other night, and we random for hours and hours as practice. Thanks for the information!

I also have exclusives. It's annoying that Nintendo sticks the U.S. with exclusives while other areas don't have to worry about them.

Gold Mario, Rosalina, Ness, & Dark Pit were not easy to get at launch mostly because the stores handled the pre-orders poorly; I.E. They posted pre-orders at 3:45 a.m. (Target), their servers couldn't handle it (GS), misinformation was given (BB).

I'd rather just have the choice of buying them at the store of my choosing, and that store would be Amazon. The Palutena was available for purchasing for a good 3+ hours. While it's certainly not perfect, it's a far cry from selling out in under 8 minutes. Letting buyers sign up for the figures they are interested, then receiving an announced purchase time, and finally limiting you to one per account seems like it's the way to go.

I'm old too (welcome to the club) :p My first Nintendo console was the Pre-Deluxe Set in 1985 with R.O.B., Zapper, Gyromite, and Duck Hunt.

I just buy Amiibo figures because there haven't been too many official Nintendo figures with detail like this and I'm a sucker for them. I am really looking forward to the R.O.B. Amiibo!

I'm best with Marth and Sheik, but I've seen import discussion about those two so they are probably expensive? Rosalina is a hard kill, although I hear Ryu is good, and I would be interested in fighting those. But yeah, if they're not really used that much then I probably won't be investing money in them; my Smash friends come over almost every other night, and we random for hours and hours as practice. Thanks for the information!
No problem!

By the way: Sheik is pretty easy to find, but Marth & Rosalina you'd have to import (Ryu isn't out yet). If you have friends to practice with that frequently though, I'd say you're best off without one.
If you ever want a little extra practice to beat them (these amiibo do get pretty challenging around level 40+) then GCU works with them. Just don't get sucked into the hype if you decide to get one. It's a deep dark hole of madness...

I hate TRU exclusives. I have access to all the other stores within 5 minutes of my house. Over an hour and a half for me to get to the nearest TRU.
same here, got so lucky that greninja went up when I was in my work parking lot. though target and best buy are atleast 35 min from me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back