Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this Gamestop amiibo event a real thing?
Yes it is. Waiting for official confirmation from GameStop about the info, but yeah it's going down. Classic 3 pack with R.O.B, Game and Watch and Duck hunt. Wouldn't be surprised if the 3 pack was the only way to get it at first and maybe a month later you could buy individual ones.

I was suprised on Friday. Stopped by best buy in Anderson, SC around 6:30 and they still had 5 dark pit left!

And can't wait for next Saturday. Will be at gamestop early!

I'm really glad its this coming Saturday since I can actually make that time. I really want Game and Watch and R.O.B.
Although I'm glad I'll have a chance to actually partake since I don't have to work... it being on Saturday also means that LOTS of other people will also be able to partake. This could be ugly.

Although I'm glad I'll have a chance to actually partake since I don't have to work... it being on Saturday also means that LOTS of other people will also be able to partake. This could be ugly.
True. I'm probably gonna go an hour early (PRO members can get in an hour before open so I'll go an hour before that most likely) but if the rumors of 30 per store are true then I'll be fine. Only 7 people came out for Rosalina.

True. I'm probably gonna go an hour early (PRO members can get in an hour before open so I'll go an hour before that most likely) but if the rumors of 30 per store are true then I'll be fine. Only 7 people came out for Rosalina.
Wasn't aware of the PUR Pro getting it an hour early...

So, does this event start when the store opens? Meaning, only PUR Pro members can buy one and then afterwards, it's open to everyone else?

Really wish there was some kind of official announcement or something.

I don't know why it's hard  to understand for people, but Nintendo likes store exclusives in U.S. (and nowhere else) because it gives them fewer places to ship figures... (not to mention I'm sure they make a few bucks off it also).

For those who went to GS stores for the Ness pre-orders, was the only option to pre-order for store pickup, or could you pre-order in store and have it delivered?

For those who went to GS stores for the Ness pre-orders, was the only option to pre-order for store pickup, or could you pre-order in store and have it delivered?
Ness preorders were web in store orders where you had to pay the full price up front in store and the item was shipped to your house.

Maybe not 3 hours in a row, since it went down a few times, but I bought one as soon as it went up and then again 3 hours later on my girlfriend's account.
The only reason Palutena was obtainable was due to ample stock. Lucina/Robin was a flicker due to extremely low stock, lower than any other Amiibos to date, at least in this country; overseas Lucina must be common, since she's selling around standard price, as are Marth and Ike.

With talk of people buying PUR then cancelling after the pre-order date on twitter and reddit it's looking like everyone is going to get in early..
Sucks, because I had convinced a relative to go pre-order for me and I have PUR so I thought I wouldn't have to ask her to go so early...now I'm not sure I want her to go at all since it'll probably be a waste of her time.

With talk of people buying PUR then cancelling after the pre-order date on twitter and reddit it's looking like everyone is going to get in early..
Sucks, because I had convinced a relative to go pre-order for me and I have PUR so I thought I wouldn't have to ask her to go so early...now I'm not sure I want her to go at all since it'll probably be a waste of her time.
So dumb, i pay $15 a year just for the magazine. Discounts and offers are just extra for me.

I don't know why it's hard to understand for people, but Nintendo likes store exclusives in U.S. (and nowhere else) because it gives them fewer places to ship figures... (not to mention I'm sure they make a few bucks off it also).
Well Nintendo has a bunch of region exclusives in other countries. Amiibo's may have store exclusives but it could be worst.

I don't know why it's hard to understand for people, but Nintendo likes store exclusives in U.S. (and nowhere else) because it gives them fewer places to ship figures... (not to mention I'm sure they make a few bucks off it also).
I don't think people are not understanding it as much as they are not happy with it.

Nintendo does store exclusives for the very same reason game companies do timed exclusives... money.

So kinda odd... palutena amiibo not really being fought over here it seems? Ebay says its rare, but seems everyone has her now? Wonder how many Amazon gave out?

I don't think people are not understanding it as much as they are not happy with it.

Nintendo does store exclusives for the very same reason game companies do timed exclusives... money.
There's definitely some kind of financial incentive for Nintendo to do store exclusives. I highly doubt a company that wants to make a profit would have the mentality of "man, I really don't want to ship my product to more than 1 store and increase exposure." That's just idiotic.

I got to my Target a hour early that Sunday for Rosalina and wasn't able to get one because my store got 4 (a shipment the next day came in with the other 12 they had told me prior for their stock total). I went across the street to BB and was second in line to grab Sheik and Toon Link. I'm hoping that with 4 GS in a five mile radius of me, getting a hour early will guarantee me as one of the first thirty at that particular store.

So kinda odd... palutena amiibo not really being fought over here it seems? Ebay says its rare, but seems everyone has her now? Wonder how many Amazon gave out?
Amiibo bubble has burst. Nintendo is reprinting rare ones and because of that the crazy collectors have no interest in buying since their collection isn't worth some magical amount they can retire off of.

It's hilarious.

Here's a hypothetical for you guys: Let's pretend there's a guy who bought 10 Dark Pits from Best Buy.com.  Should he help out people on here?  When other people very seldom do anything to help others out.

Amiibo bubble has burst. Nintendo is reprinting rare ones and because of that the crazy collectors have no interest in buying since their collection isn't worth some magical amount they can retire off of.

It's hilarious.
It hasn't burst. The older ones, yes. Newer ones have not.

Here's a hypothetical for you guys: Let's pretend there's a guy who bought 10 Dark Pits from Best Buy.com. Should he help out people on here? When other people very seldom do anything to help others out.
Go ahead and help out some fellow cags, some of us do help others out and you just don't hear about it. And no I'm not begging for a Dark Pit either, I already got one. You never know, a little Minnesota nice might come back your way some day.

Here's a hypothetical for you guys: Let's pretend there's a guy who bought 10 Dark Pits from Best Buy.com. Should he help out people on here? When other people very seldom do anything to help others out.
Hypothetically is this guy you?

No, but seriously I would only want to help out longtime CAG or the one who actually try to contribute here on CAG. Not going out of my way to help lurkers, complainers, or people with broken back.

We all learned at some point (probably) that you should treat others the way you want to be treated. As people know, this doesnt happen often. But if we wait for others to do good or be nice than the world would know no kindness.

What im saying is treat people with respect and kindness, it may shine a light and make more people do the same.

I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.

Charles de Lint

^ This.

I've got a Gamestop near me, and I've been able to help people out on occasion. It's nice to be able to do good, even when it's something small.

/kudos to the CAGs who helped me with Meta Knight and the Splatoon set :applause:

You should help when you can. What goes around comes around eventually and you never know who may remember what someone does for them. Plus John Quinones may be hidng with a TV camera and Mic somewhere.

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldnt, especially not in this thread. i came here all wide eyed and helpful, but was bitter when people would take advantage of glitches then sell them in the trading forum. Or people selling $5 kong coupons for $1. I also remember some drama a few nights ago about someone that got one of the club nintendo DLC codes for free then turned around and tried to sell it on the trading forum.

No...fuck em.

While I said I wouldn't post again, I guess I'll make an exception here.

Back when I first joined CAG it was a lot more of a community and selling something for cost* wasn't just common, it was expected. Sadly those days are gone and the community is way too interested in profit. Every CE topic eventually devolves into the concept that XYZ may or may not be rare and said rarity means there is value. Maybe its just me, but I've been disgusted by some of these changes, though I've also accept the site I loved no longer exists and this is largely why I don't comment anymore.

Anyway, getting to my point. Ultimately be the change you want there to be. If everyone says "why should I do something when no one does anything?" you end up in this situation, but if everyone said "Hey! I'm going to help the community that has given me so much," we would have a better community. So the question becomes, do you wish to keep the status quo or do you want to try to have a positive impact on the community?

* Cost being the items MSRP + shipping + maybe a small fee for time.

This amiibo craze is getting to everyone. 

I have a store by me called "The CD Trader" and one of the owners is always complaining about resellers being scumbags/dicks/buttholes/ect(his most recent rant was about not getting a Ness Amiibo or getting a Ness Amiibo, I dont know which, lol).

It's funny because he really doesnt seem to realize that he is a reseller. Though, unlike other resellers, he doesnt have to do any of the actual work. He just sits in his store all day while people bring him games(CDs and movies too) so he can rip them off and then RESELL them at what eBay and Amazon are charging.

AdmiralVic is spot on... but there are so many posers, I will only give good deals to long time members. I long for retro CAG...
The good old days of CAG are gone. I've been on this site for over a decade, I feel old as shit whenever I see someone who joined around the same time or before me.

With that said, still plenty of good people around. I would have missed Dark Pit if it wasn't for Blueweltall. And even if I did miss it, he offered me one at cost + shipping.

Looks like reports of a Wario amiibo wave being released were true! For people in SF Bay Area, I managed to get one at the Redwood City TRU last night and I was just over at the Target in Foster City and saw three more.

If you're a fan or collector in the Bay, hope this helps you out!

Love the responses, and also hearing from people who don't speak much.  I struggle with the self-centered nature of people on these forums.  There are a good amount of people who only post to slam something someone else has said,  but never contribute anything themselves.  I, too, wish more people helped others.  Also that those that receive help pay it forward and help others in the future.  It would be nice to start some change around here.

We all have strikingly different personalities but regardless of that we could have a much stronger community.

I have a store by me called "The CD Trader" and one of the owners is always complaining about resellers being scumbags/dicks/buttholes/ect(his most recent rant was about not getting a Ness Amiibo or getting a Ness Amiibo, I dont know which, lol).

It's funny because he really doesnt seem to realize that he is a reseller. Though, unlike other resellers, he doesnt have to do any of the actual work. He just sits in his store all day while people bring him games(CDs and movies too) so he can rip them off and then RESELL them at what eBay and Amazon are charging.
I think there is a stark difference between what he does and what amiibo resellers do. By your logic Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy are resellers too because they get them at wholesale and mark them up.

People bring this guy their games knowing he will mark them up. He's not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes or taking advantage of retailers.

The reseller in this case is taking WHATEVER you bring him, and not turning you away, for the convenience of instant cash now. He deals with consumers trying to go for double coupons, price mistakes, or bitching about slight discolorations on this, that, or the other. Not you.

It's the same reason why, even though I dislike Gamestop, I will never rag on them for trade in prices. You're choosing to go to them for the convenience of not going to ebay.

He provides more value than the majority of them, though.

A person providing a brick-and-mortar venue where people CAN come to that store and bring/sell him product is providing a service, as well as- depending on the type of store- a location where a community can form.

This is more value than your random scalper/speculator. While they do generally provide a service in that they can slightly improve the liquidity of the market (As they move product from areas of lesser demand to higher demand), there's a significant number that don't behave rationally as they do this... they don't want to make a healthy profit by working on the margins, moving higher volumes at 50% mark-up, no... they want to double or triple up. But because of this, everything grinds to a halt. There's no demand for the product at that level, so it sits on their shelf and not in a consumer's hands.

Considering this, while people want to lay all the blame at the feet of "neckbearded scalpers", it's entirely possible that the people that are even more damaging are the ones that want to buy 3- one to open, one to keep sealed, one to trade... because not only are they buying an amount that could satisfy two other people, that third one they're buying frequently has some ridiculous markup assigned to that trade because it's "theirs". Think about how many times you've seen someone saying that have one of the demanded figures for trade... and then suggest the proper trade is one of the few figures that's EVEN MORE in demand than that one.

The whole amiibo collector market is funny, as it seems to be really short on mirrors, perspective and full of people who will lose their damn mind if you dare suggest their amiibos are anything at all like Beanie Babies.

Heads up for anyone in the Coon Rapids, MN area. Best buy had 14 Dark Pits left after my son bought one about an hour ago. Thought about picking up an extra to trade but didn't.

MN Best Buys are pretty well-stocked across the board
Yeah. My friend grabbed me one Friday in Burnsville 20 mins after opening. He grabbed one of 45 left on the shelves and when he was checking out the guy said they have more in the back.

Maybe because BB is based in MN?

It isn't all doom and gloom between CAGS, trading, and profit. Several of us have been trading and looking out for each other on the local scene, we just don't post every detail of it here. I'm sure there are several other small splinter groups PM'ing each other doing the same thing in other cities. The princess peach (easiest amiibo to get?) sitting on my shelf right now is there because I met up with a local CAG and gave him my extra Lucario for her. I told him to just grab me one of the commons I still needed in exchange. Another local CAG returned my gratitude by hooking me up with an Ike and King Dedede at cost after my preorders of them were lost to GS (or Nintendo) pre-order mismanagement.    

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back