Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try and get one but I'm at work Saturday so it will be hard to break away though I have one a block from my work

If the rumors are true you can just show up when they open. One hour is overkill. If you're paranoid 10 mins max.

So is there an actual release date for these? I'll be in a different town on Saturday so if I pre-order there on Saturday and they release on a weekday, I won't be getting them. 

I might luck out somehow... I mean, I did with Dark Pit and Palutena. 

Weren't you the one complaining about these being sold online?
Not at all, no.
I made a comment about how if I waited in line for hours because BB corporate told me that was the only way to buy one when I could have stayed home and bought one I might be angry, but no, I never complained, and in fact I bought one online.

Sorry if you didn't understand my original comment though.

Wow we finally get an amiibo preorder/release on a reasonable day and time for the people that work during the daytime every weekday.  I wish they did more Saturday launches.   

Wow we finally get an amiibo preorder/release on a reasonable day and time for the people that work during the daytime every weekday. I wish they did more Saturday launches.
yeah it's great, but I also have a part time job I work on the weekends. Of course I'm scheduled to work at 10 so hopefully I can manage.

ok couple of questions, first how do you know how many are they allowed per store and this is just a triple pack that is excluysive to gs. Other stores will still get the figures seperatly right

It's all speculation at this point.

Some think one of the three will end up being exclusive and this might be the only way to obtain that one. Maybe none of them are exclusive and will all be available individually. No one working at a GameStop knows anything beyond rumors, and Nintendo isn't very forthcoming with information so all anyone can do is guess.

I'd prefer to have them in individual packaging, but if it's like the Splatoon situation and one or more of them ends up being exclusive to the three pack then that will change everything. If they release them individually later, I guess I will just open the 3 pack and use them like I have some of my other random extra amiibo. 

I'm still banking on importing these 3, especially since I need to import the Japanese R.O.B. exclusive anyway. I'll test my luck at Gamestop though.

So is there an actual release date for these? I'll be in a different town on Saturday so if I pre-order there on Saturday and they release on a weekday, I won't be getting them.

I might luck out somehow... I mean, I did with Dark Pit and Palutena.
These will probably be Web in store orders. All the preorders will ship to your home, not the store.

Yea the $5 down would mean its a preorder. They probably learned from last time and the stress that web in store did to their servers. So they're probably going the safer route with the regular in store preorder. That might also explain the 3 pack packaging making it easier to allocate to the stores rather than 3 individual skus.

I'll be going at 6, did this for previous release always had a good time and my area has a decent amount of amiibo collectors
You must be in an area where those who play heroclix trump the amiibo collectors in terms of failure. As bad and smelly as the neck beards are that you will encounter in gamestop amiibo pre-order lines, those who stay inside comic book shops to play heroclix all day even during sunny days are the worst. Yes... yes.. yes... we've heard the excuses and rebuttals for this type of behavior all too often. "too each their own" "who care's what they do with their time" etc etc. One can only point and laugh. Looking forward to hearing some good stories about people' neck beard encounters with this whole 8/8 debacle.

You must be in an area where those who play heroclix trump the amiibo collectors in terms of failure. As bad and smelly as the neck beards are that you will encounter in gamestop amiibo pre-order lines, those who stay inside comic book shops to play heroclix all day even during sunny days are the worst. Yes... yes.. yes... we've heard the excuses and rebuttals for this type of behavior all too often. "too each their own" "who care's what they do with their time" etc etc. One can only point and laugh. Looking forward to hearing some good stories about people' neck beard encounters with this whole 8/8 debacle.
What is Heroclix? I've never seen it in any of our comic shops, though I haven't been since the start of Divergence or Convergence or w/e the hell they called Project Bandaid.

Last edited:
not sure what exactly your ranting about but to my original statement everyone I have talked to in lines has always been pretty cool, so I dont mind waiting for a while

What is Heroclix? I've never seen it in any of our comic shops, though I haven't been since the start of Divergence or Convergence or w/e the hell they called Project Bandaid.
It's a game where you collect tiny figurines of superheroes then battle each other with them. Like Pokemon, but with physical Marvel/DC characters basically. It's also been out for like 10+ years.

I have some from when I was a kid. I didn't even know they were part of a game until 3 years ago, so I'm not surprised you never noticed them in your local shop.

That's a low blow and adds nothing to the amiibo discussion. Full disclosure, currently play Heroclix and have played off and on for over 7 years and the people I've met are some of the nicest people.

On topic, has GS actually confirmed anything regarding the 3 pack? Keep getting conflicting info regarding the pro status.

This from a guy who's avatar is the card art for an 8th edition Royal Assassin?

If the rumors are true you can just show up when they open. One hour is overkill. If you're paranoid 10 mins max.
Don't listen to this advice if you live in California. I'm going 1.5-2 hours before (the same amount of time you had to show up before opening for Dark Pit in California).

The game stop guy said there may or may not be an event and I may or not may not need to get their early
Went to pick up rare replay guy said email came this morning. Is happening. All he said was stock numbers will come Friday and they will be posted on the door. He said he has no idea how many they will be getting until Friday. Will be open an hour early but he didn't mention pro access.

Are we worried that ROB, Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game & Watch won't be available as individual items at other stores?
I honestly think these three will be shortchanged and hard to find, so if I can knock all three oit at once I will. That's my motivation. Plus, stoll trying to complete the SSB line.

So much for Duck Hunt being a Bass Pro Shops exclusive.....

Guess the Duck Dynasty guys finally found something they wouldn't slap their name on  :rofl:

Are we worried that ROB, Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game & Watch won't be available as individual items at other stores?
Like others mentioned, I'm worried one of them won't be available individually. If this is anything like the Splatoon 3-pack it'll probably be Mr. Game & Watch since he's in the middle like the inkling squid.

Like others mentioned, I'm worried one of them won't be available individually. If this is anything like the Splatoon 3-pack it'll probably be Mr. Game & Watch since he's in the middle like the inkling squid.
That's some sound logic there....

If any are going to be exclusive I'd bet on ROB due to the variants.

Last edited:
Is there another version of Game & Watch since I remember hearing you can switch out the characters themselves.
G&W actually comes with 3 interchangeable figures I believe. So they can be swapped out given the users likes, there won't be separate figures, just the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back