Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the Gamestop by my house is getting 64 of the 3 pack. I used to work there but unfortunately for me I'll be working so I can't show up and see if my old coworkers can hook me up with a line skip or something. My brother is going at about 8 am an hour before they open. Hopefully he'll be in a good position.

There are some really awesome people on here who reached out in support of me. Some have even offered to help me locate a figure and not wanting a cent over cost. It was really very humbling to see that, but I've found most of the higher class, more mature members of CAG remain quiet while the mob rules. A mob who are acting like rude immature children.

Not only do you enjoy the drama, but you also manufacture it when things return to normal around here.

I stopped saying anything about Best Buy & discrimination long ago, but have continued to be provoked about it, not once, but several times.

Everyone here has the right to question a store's selling tactics or a game company, but you do not have the right to bully people or make fun of their disabilities.

So why don't we stop this nonsense and treat each other with some respect?

Spoke to my nearest stores manager today along with one of the employees. Explained my situation and while he couldnt promise me anything, he said for sure that if they had more pre-orders than people in line that he would swap one of my 5$ pre-orders over to the 3 Pack. He's given/offered me quite a few amiibo hookups in the past, so I have a bit of hope. Worst case I'll just use all that free money GS gave me from trade shenanigans to import them via Amazon.

Either way, all these fucking exclusives have killed some of my collecting urge. I wanted to have a full set of exclusives sealed (And I was doing good until now), now I'll just go with Japan/European/U.S based on ease of obtaining each one and then I'm fucking done. Seems like Nintendo is hellbent on making these things as hard to collect as possible, bless anyone who is getting in on the Animal Crossing cards.

I called my Gamestop a little while ago to check if they were participating in the Retro 3 Pack. Was told that yes they were and the store was opening an hour early for Pro members. WTF? I thought it had been confirmed that the early opening was for all customers. I really want Rob and Duck Hunt dog, but I just don't see myself using that Pro card enough even to justify the 15 bucks. Does it still come with the magazine?
Yeah, they give you the option of getting the magazine digitally or physically mailed. If it helps, the membership also comes with a B2G1 on used games. You could use it yourself or trade/sell it to recoup your cost.

Spoke to my nearest stores manager today along with one of the employees. Explained my situation and while he couldnt promise me anything, he said for sure that if they had more pre-orders than people in line that he would swap one of my 5$ pre-orders over to the 3 Pack. He's given/offered me quite a few amiibo hookups in the past, so I have a bit of hope. Worst case I'll just use all that free money GS gave me from trade shenanigans to import them via Amazon.

Either way, all these fucking exclusives have killed some of my collecting urge. I wanted to have a full set of exclusives sealed (And I was doing good until now), now I'll just go with Japan/European/U.S based on ease of obtaining each one and then I'm fucking done. Seems like Nintendo is hellbent on making these things as hard to collect as possible, bless anyone who is getting in on the Animal Crossing cards.
Yes all of this has destroyed what is left of my spirit too. Good thing I have lots of Souuul

There are some really awesome people on here who reached out in support of me. Some have even offered to help me locate a figure and not wanting a cent over cost. It was really very humbling to see that, but I've found most of the higher class, more mature members of CAG remain quiet while the mob rules. A mob who are acting like rude immature children.

Not only do you enjoy the drama, but you also manufacture it when things return to normal around here.

I stopped saying anything about Best Buy & discrimination long ago, but have continued to be provoked about it, not once, but several times.

Everyone here has the right to question a store's selling tactics or a game company, but you do not have the right to bully people or make fun of their disabilities.

Pot. Kettle, etc.
Show me ONE example where I bullied or attacked a single person on here for no reason at all.
Please, Just one example since you seem to have a bunch of examples in your head.

I shall give you a multitude of examples from the past 24 hours.
Keep in mind nothing was said on my part. The drama had died down and then out of nowhere:

Anyone else feel as though GS is discriminating against people with disabilities by making this event in store only?
You know spoonman does!!!
I let it go ignored and then receive this...

You can just shut the fuck up RIGHT NOW about your discrimination stance. As a white woman in this country...
Then you provoke more when I said I am fed up with the immature bullying going on here and might not post on here again. Instead of you moving on, I get this...

Finally! Awesome.
Yesss, thank you!!!
Agree. Really wish the mods would employ the same policies as Neogaf where if someone says they have quit the site and then posts again, they are perma-banned.
And yes I do hope mods are witnessing this, and no I never said I was going to "quit the site".

Trolling & Harassment
Posting unsubstantiated negative commentary intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users is not allowed.
You may not "stalk" or otherwise harass or harm another user in any way.
]

My negative commentary was directed at Best Buy while yours was directed at me.
See the difference here?

So again I will ask that you stop harassing me. I'm tired of it and would rather not have to keep defending myself here ust because I commented on Best Buy over a week ago.

Hoping GameStop does their typical bullshit and put it online at some point after hope of getting it is lost because I won't be able to get to GameStop tomorrow.

Hoping GameStop does their typical bullshit and put it online at some point after hope of getting it is lost because I won't be able to get to GameStop tomorrow.
Considering how basically every other of these other "Instore only" ones have went, I'd say its pretty much 100% likely by the end of the year. Though how long and how plentiful they last is the question

Also whether or not they throw it in some sort of "Super Duper GS bundle" that makes you buy 5+ other common Amiibos to get them

Pot. Kettle, etc.
[Long Post]
I know Deader pretty well so I think his pot/kettle comment is referring to that last line. You say "why don't we stop this nonsense", then proceed to multi-quote and post the site rules.

It's nonsense that you would say "I left it ignored", when really you quoted that post to further explain your nonsensical point.

You make claims that people are bullying you because of your disability. People aren't cheering the idea of your last post potentially because you're disabled, people are cheering because you whine, are contradictory, twist people's words, claim to be the victim of discrimination, etc. You say "you're done", "this is possibly my last post", only to continue posting (these are more examples of whining).

Listen - obviously you are doing something wrong when you announce "this might be my last post" and immediately multiple people rejoice. If I made that statement and got that reaction, I'd be so hurt. I'd certainly have to think though, wow, I'm doing something wrong.

You're bullheaded and can't admit your wrong. I can - my rant was a fit of pregnancy rage...and I'm sorry, and sorry for bringing for drama to CAG in that way. I've seen many good arguments as to why Nintendo, Best Buy, whoever, are handling all this wrong. Your viewpoints to the matter, are just not good, and many people feel the same way.

I'm also a person of my word - I no longer want to engage in this, so I will add you to my Ignore settings. I'll still see your posts if people quote you but at least I won't see your original posts. Frankly, your posts are of no benefit to me. Maybe mine are of no benefit to you either- if that's the case place me on ignore too, and anyone who you feel are bullying you. If you're a person of your word, you will either a) stop the nonsense: place everyone who bugs you on Ignore b) leave

Instructions on how to Ignore people: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330402-how-do-you-blockignore-users/

I just called my local GS in MD and the store associate said that they are supposed to open an hour early per HQ orders. However, her store manager decided that he will not open an hour early. He will open when he gets there. If it means, open at normal hours then so be it.

This is going to go well tomorrow.

I'll promise you they will list them online, but it will probably be in their "bundle" packages where you'll need to buy the 3-pack with several common Amiibos they aren't selling, or some game in the same situation(or both). Good luck, because even those crap bundles go rather quickly once they list them.

funny-cat-gifs7.gif

70042-Ellie-Kemper-cheering-gif-The-EFs7.gif

I mean, well said.  :whistle2:

Bah, I'm not excited about going to GameStop tomorrow. I really wanted singles. Especially of Duck Hunt. :'(

All right, I've more than met my whining quota for the week. I'll (probably) update with local quantities in the morning. Good luck, everyone.

Oh yeah! Because I don't live on AmiAmi like some CAGs, I'd be grateful to any and all that blow up my inbox when ROB and 30th AnniMario go up.

Wow...really? I have to s-p-e-l-l this out yet again?
What I am saying is that it's silly for these stores to sell IN STORE ONLY AND NOT ONLINE TO MAKE it easier for disabled people (and baby mama's) to buy them. Waiting in line to buy something is unnecessary when they could just as easily sell online, as most stores do.

Discrimination because they (Best Buy) said "We are making it easier for everyone to buy Amiibos by selling them only at retail locations". Well that of course is not true for people who are unable to make it to a retail location.

I'm done explaining myself here.

I'm sorry you have to deal with assholes, but can you please not tell me to shut the fuc k up? Thank you kindly.

And for the record I have had 5 spinal surgeries over the past 15 years due to an accident and its left me with chronic back/leg/neck pain that even morphine can't touch.

"Why don't you wait in line in a wheelchair like the rest of the disableds?!"
Because my worker's comp insurance deemed me capable of walking, sitting, and standing for at least 10 minutes so they won't cover this.
I have fought them for basic medical care for 15 years. So please don't tell me I don't know discrimination.

I don't expect anyone to understand how hard it is to even get out of bed or even care for that matter. I've been trying to enjoy the things I used to such as video games and other related hobbies and I do what I can from my home.

I really don't understand why everyone keeps attacking fellow gamers who are passionate about collecting and have similar interests here. It's rather immature.
This will likely be my last post here.
So.... How about those amiibos😅

I just texted my friend who's a manger at GS, and he said his store would have 50 and that's after setting aside qty for employees, and one for me. He said most stores would be getting 30-60, so depending on your city and locations, most of you should be fine. Most locations should last for a good portion of the day, so for those who can't get there at 9 or 10, you should be fine if you can make it by lunch time.

Sorry if this has been asked, but if we preorder tomorrow, can we chose to pay in full and have them shipped to home address?

I'm on vacation and don't think I can visit again just to pick up the 3 pack when they are released. :)

TIA

Swung by my local GS on the way home tonight. They are going to have 32 pre-orders, no Pro required for the first hour. I might go 30 minutes early and see how much of a line there is. The associate tonight told me some people were planning on getting there 4 hours early, but who knows if that's true. Good luck fellow CAGs!

Sorry if this has been asked, but if we preorder tomorrow, can we chose to pay in full and have them shipped to home address?

I'm on vacation and don't think I can visit again just to pick up the 3 pack when they are released. :)

TIA

Swung by my local GS on the way home tonight. They are going to have 32 pre-orders, no Pro required for the first hour. I might go 30 minutes early and see how much of a line there is. The associate tonight told me some people were planning on getting there 4 hours early, but who knows if that's true. Good luck fellow CAGs!
You'll have guys coming 8 hours early, or more depending on locations. I think I waited about 4 hours years ago for a PS2, but I had a group of friends and that was cool. I did about 2 for a wii at launch, but 30 minutes is my max now a days. Anything beyond that, I say fuck it. LOL

TIA
Others have asked that question, and I'm not sure. You may want to call the store your planning to buy at and ask, so you'll know ahead of time. So if not, you can try for other arrangements.

Our Gamestop in Wash, PA didn't even acknowledge quantity and said there "will be enough" and they're opening an hour early but not worrying about PUR preference either. So much for consistency.

Called my local GameStop in Phoenix, AZ near I-17 and Peoria and the rep said they will post the number of units available in the window, after close of business today.  So if you happen to be near a store, after close/cleanup and employees leave, etc. There might be a posting of available units.

Called my local GameStop in Phoenix, AZ near I-17 and Peoria and the rep said they will post the number of units available after close of business today. So if you happen to be near a store, after close/cleanup and employees leave, etc. There might be a posting of available units.
My friends store was planning the same thing. Posting numbers in the window at closing is a simple but effective idea. Every place should adopt this idea. This way customers know qty, and if the number in line is already there, you can move on and not waste time.

Local GameStop store (the one I am planning on visiting) said they'd have 64.

Considering there's another store just minutes away, I think I can safely roll up at 9:00.

I'm out of country right now and asking my wife and kids to swing by our regular GS tomorrow to try to pre-order.  Should be interesting to hear a 'non-CAG' shopper experience for the process.  I told them not to bother if the line is insane or if GS has computer problems again (ala Ness).

One benefit (eh) of opening for display is if I miss the official America release I just suck it up and order from overseas.

Interestingly I've been eyeballing a blue and pink wooly yoshi set in one of the local game shops (that they imported from Japan) -- after conversion would be about $50 US for both.   Not terrible and I found them 'in the wild' kinda sorta.  Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though.  

I'm not worried.  Going to show up at store opening and just take that chance.  Lots of stores around me.  Luckily I'm on the west coast so I'll read up on how the east coast traffic works out.  

If anything, I'm debating about showing up 10 minutes after so that the line can get fully processed by the time I walk in.

The stores near me are all building the hype to ridiculous levels.   Four of the closest stores are getting 32 units each and another is getting 46.  They are telling people to line up at 5-6am and they open at 9am for everyone, not just pro members.  Every employee seems to think they're going to sell out immediately.  But there's 3 GS for every 1 Best Buy in this area and it should be no problem to buy these retro 3packs into the noon hours at most of the locations.  Just go to your least busy store.  I've never seen the same idiots lining up 3-6 hours early a second time at any of these events. 

If anything, I'm debating about showing up 10 minutes after so that the line can get fully processed by the time I walk in.
Precisely. If you're not going early, you might as well show up 30-50 minutes after opening so you're not waiting for the entire line. You'll get processed at the same time regardless.

I just called my local GS in MD and the store associate said that they are supposed to open an hour early per HQ orders. However, her store manager decided that he will not open an hour early. He will open when he gets there. If it means, open at normal hours then so be it. This is going to go well tomorrow.
Lazy ass manager. On second thought, Id rather sleep in an extra hour too.

My local GS said they will have plenty. And Im in So Cal too where people get in line like 4 hours early. He says we should be fine 15-30 min before opening and should they not have enough there are at least 4 more GS stores within 5 minutes. 2 of which dont open till 11 on normal days so those stores open at 10. Plenty of time to still get one if you miss out on the 9am openings.

That's the balance I'd love to strike. Sure, you can show up right at opening, but then you have to wait in line while they try to process everyone with just two registers open.

"Do you have your power ups reward card"

"We can look it up by your phone #"

"Is there a different phone # it could be under?"

"We'll give you 25 cents for ______"

"Oh, sure, I'll wait here while you fumble for your wallet, despite you being in line all morning"

Hopefully they have some sort of system in place to make it go quick.

Given how Gamestop plans to have plenty of figures available for reserve tomorrow (I'm guessing at least 30), my situation with Dark Pit last week (where my local Best Buy had enough of them to the point where those who arrived 15 minutes until store opening were able to get one) and the huge amount of Gamestops in my area (at least five), my main plan to get to my local Gamestop by 8:00 AM at the earliest tomorrow, check to see if the line outside is small enough for me to reserve the 3-pack, and depending on the answer, I then either wait in line or travel south to the next Gamestop until I find one where reserving the figures is possible.

BTW, any word on what else is available for pre-order tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back