Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The last two hundred posts: "I walked into Gamestop today and ordered the 3pack."

Fascinating, thanks guys. Keep posting that!
"I visited this forum page this evening and witnessed a jackass."

Oh and...

I walked into Gamestop today guiz and ordered the 3pack.

...I walked into Taco Bell today as well and ordered the 3pack crunchy...

......I walked into Walgreens today after and purchased a 3 pack of pepto.

Did they use a dummy SKU or did my GameStop bend me over?
They just searched for "amiibo" at my GS to order it. I only know b/c when one employee was overlooking the other doing the pre-orders, he told him "don't bother typing in the whole thing, just search for 'amiibo', it's the first result".

I guess GS learned something from the Ness fiasco.

They just searched for "amiibo" at my GS to order it. I only know b/c when one employee was overlooking the other doing the pre-orders, he told him "don't bother typing in the whole thing, just search for 'amiibo', it's the first result".

I guess GS learned something from the Ness fiasco.

I got fucked then because they used a dummy sku with a value of $99.99.

Huh seems like everyone got one. Wonder if you can got there tomorrow and get one.
There should be tons left, the only issue is if corporate pulls the remaining qty so they can do their normal "bundle" packages online at some point. They'll probably let it run at least one more day, and then hold back what's left, so they can sale later at a premium.

Wish that stores would start allowing a 2 per customer limit, but maybe with all the extras I'll be able to find one on release day. These are ones I really want to open, but can't see messing up my NIB collection. I don't know. Guess we'll see.

What I can't understand was why GameStop was not taking pre-orders for the Sept 11 release. The manager couldn't understand why also, since those are coming out sooner than the 3-pack.

Walked into Gamestop this afternoon and got a 3 pack.
Still going...was able to get a preorder in just now and was told they were only about halfway through their stock.
Walked into Gamestop this afternoon and got a 3 pack. Easy!
Went in just before close and scored a 3pack. Nice.
Nice. I went to Gamestop when they opened today and pre-ordered the 3pack nps :)

There should be tons left, the only issue is if corporate pulls the remaining qty so they can do their normal "bundle" packages online at some point. They'll probably let it run at least one more day, and then hold back what's left, so they can sale later at a premium.
fwiw, was told by store manager that they are only taking preorders today and tomorrow regardless of whether they reach their allotment so you might be right

Same situation like the rest of you guys in terms of being able to pick up the figure. Some notes from my experience:

-When checking my local Gamestop (in Clinton, MD), there was no signage at all concerning the Amiibo 3-Pack. Not sure if they either forgot to post it or if they even got any pre-orders available. Either way, I didn't want to take any risk and instead waited at the one at Brandywine, MD (which had 30 available).

-Line wise, it was barely existent until opening time, with the ones that were waiting outside of the store for a decent amount of time were some of the "regulars" from the May store exclusives and the Dark Pit exclusive.

As for the abundance of the 3-Pack, I really believe that was a result of the following two factors:

1. Nintendo continuing to step it up in terms of the quantity of figures available for the store exclusives;

2. The abundance of Gamestops (in my area, there's at least five stores that I can easily reach).

fwiw, was told by store manager that they are only taking preorders today and tomorrow regardless of whether they reach their allotment so you might be right
I got the same feeling from my friend who's a manager, he seems to think this is the plan as well. Hell, the way these Amiibos have been going for the last 6-7 months, anyone should be 100% satisfied with a full 12 hours to preorder, getting another full day is crazy. Honestly, I would be happy if every LE items was as easy as this was. I'll take a full 12 hours over 1-3 minutes that seem to be the norm any day. LOL

Wish that stores would start allowing a 2 per customer limit, but maybe with all the extras I'll be able to find one on release day. These are ones I really want to open, but can't see messing up my NIB collection. I don't know. Guess we'll see.
Hah! I'm in the same boat. Have a near complete NiB US collection (really like the look of em boxed on the shelf) but was planning to open Game and Watch when it came out.

might be the impetus to crack open the whole set... (and thus push me to just import some of the few figs I'm missing since if they're opened "complete US set" doesn't mean much).

Couldn't have been easier yesterday. There was a line at 9:00AM and I was in and out by 9:20. 

I wish all exclusives were this easy. GameStop is the best for these since you don't have to deal with Best Buy / Target /Toys R Us people who just don't want to be bothered with the video game crowd. They have other more important things to do. GameStop people all know the deal and are likely fans themselves.

Just curious, when you guys check under the Powerup Rewards site under reservations, what does it say for your 3 Pack?

Mine just says "Available Sku", with a total of 99.99$ coming out on 9/25 pre-ordered yesterday. Hoping the employee didnt derp up and order the wrong thing....

Just curious, when you guys check under the Powerup Rewards site under reservations, what does it say for your 3 Pack?

Mine just says "Available Sku", with a total of 99.99$ coming out on 9/25 pre-ordered yesterday. Hoping the employee didnt derp up and order the wrong thing....
Mine says that as well. I'm not too worried though.

Pretty positive this what everyone got. Saw multiple panic posts on Reddit about it so assume it's the norm.

Rolled up at 10am and got a preorder no problem in Monterey, CA. They said there were 14 left of their allocated 48.

I ended up with two since a friend helped me out at another store. This round may be easy, but I think in a few months, people who missed out will be scrambling... Hopefully I can make someone's Xmas bright! :D

Able to get 1 yesterday showed up 15 mins early and there were 8 people waiting. they had 44.

Then went down to the store at the other end of the mall and reserved one for a friend under their number and was 12/40 there. super smooth process.

let's hope this is the future!

Just walked out of my local GS with a pre-order. They said they had about 5 left and this is in a decently busy area, so odds are looking good for all of us slowpokes.

I went to trade destiny in yesterday to put more money down on my preorder and the guy added another sku to my preorders. Though I did not have enough money to buy two and I didn't wanna take up a preorder for someone else I had him cancel it and transfer the credit to my current preorder. So possibly depanding on the clerk they will give you a second preorder this was the manager that handled my transaction to from the opening preorder to when I traded in to put credit down on my existing preorder.

First Gamestop I called, around 1:30PM today:  "No, sorry, that was only yesterday."

Second Gamestop I called, right afterwards:  "Yeah, we're still taking them; looks like we're about half-way sold out"

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and having to call more than one Gamestop to get an honest answer." - Benjamin Franklin

:) "Hi, I'd like to preorder the Amiibo retro three pack?"
:dunce: "Sure, give me a moment... what's your phone number?"

:) "###-####"

:dunce: "Alright, that'll be $37.XX"

:) "Oh, um, can I just put $20 down?"

:dunce: "Ah, sorry man.  We used to let you just put down $5, but people would do that and then never come pick up their Amiibos, and then we couldn't sell them.  So we gotta take the full charge all at once now"

:) "Ohhhh okay"

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

What I can't understand was why GameStop was not taking pre-orders for the Sept 11 release. The manager couldn't understand why also, since those are coming out sooner than the 3-pack.
I'm wondering if the 3-pack is a GS exclusive so GS already knows the stock numbers as where the Sep 11 releases are not GS exclusive so Nintendo hasn't released stock numbers to any retailers yet.

Some dude cock blocked me because i went to a second store to preorder a second and he looked up my account and said no because i already had one preordered and it was one per address. I said well if the system allows it whats the harm? I also didn't know why he went to look into my preorder history on his own anyway. Thats an invasion of privacy and he should ask me my permission before he just takes it upon himself to look into my history. So I bought a dollar ds game and will be burning his store to the ground on the survey. He should not be looking into my account without my permission and I invite others to do the same if you ever have the need to leave a bad survey.

Honestly, I'm surprised by the number of pre-orders some of these stores got. I visited three stores (2 preorders for me, and tagged along with a friend to the third store). 2 stores had 45 pre-orders allocated while the third store had an amazing 85 pre-orders :O 

Walked into gamestop and got one, said they had eight more left. The manager also said they are cutting in-store preorders at the end of business today.

Maybe to sell the rest online?

Some dude cock blocked me because i went to a second store to preorder a second and he looked up my account and said no because i already had one preordered and it was one per address. I said well if the system allows it whats the harm? I also didn't know why he went to look into my preorder history on his own anyway. Thats an invasion of privacy and he should ask me my permission before he just takes it upon himself to look into my history. So I bought a dollar ds game and will be burning his store to the ground on the survey. He should not be looking into my account without my permission and I invite others to do the same if you ever have the need to leave a bad survey.
just get a second account. haven't had any problems.

Not my point. They shouldn't access your account unless you give them permission. Credit card companies, bank accounts, etc all ask you to verify your account before they can help you. GS should be no different.

Just have your parents or spouse sign up and use their name and number. I was lied to twice today from just trying to preorder my Amiibos, and I had to buy two I don't even want, just to get the one I do want. So I had to bite the bullet, or end up risking the chance to spend around the same amount of money just for an imported Duck Hunt alone. It's a pretty pathetic situation, and we should just be able to buy exactly what we want and none of what we don't, but that's Gamestop & Nintendo of America for you. You just can't treat Gamestop like a normal store, and you always have to think a few steps ahead of them. It's sad, but that's just how things are.

Not my point. They shouldn't access your account unless you give them permission. Credit card companies, bank accounts, etc all ask you to verify your account before they can help you. GS should be no different.
All a GameStop account has is name and number. If you are a pro member then it is all tied to your phone number. All commission based jobs keep track of your purchases.

If you don't want that, give them fake information. I rang up orders for John doe at my old sales job for customers that feel as strongly as you.

When I preordered mine the guy told me at least 5 dollars down. He then said I could pay any amount towards the product. Maybe it varies from store to store, similar to how franchise places are run, different district managers so different rules.

I think personal financial information is a lot more sensitive than what you've preordered from Gamestop dude :lol: Just about any store I can think of with an account system can pull up your purchase history. Do you cover up your shopping cart any time you go buy groceries and get mad if anyone peeks underneath your cart blanket?

Why are you so certain that he went and deliberately looked into your account? You need to make sure that their system did not automatically bring up your old pre-order when you tried to reserve another 3-pack. You're basically complaining that the employee was doing their job by limiting the item to 1 per customer.

With that in mind, and correct me if I am wrong in this, but surveys are reviewed by either the store manager or area manager so you can scream at them all you want about how that mean GS employee did exactly what they were told to do, it ain't gonna help your case.

LOL! This guy.

He did his job. There is a limit one per account. Just make an account for your gf like most people and move on.

LOL .I think you gave them permission when you voluntarily signed of for their loyalty program. No different from the ones supermarkets use. It should be no surprise that the company has access to your purchases and buying history as that is the point of these programs anyway. You dont get something for nothing. Its the trade off you make when you sign up.

Sounds like he was just doing his job agree with it or not. I think most of the gamestop employees were because I'm seeing where some people was even getting pre orders in on these today. It was nice actually being able to put $5 down and get these with no one in line at 9:30 yesterday morning. There's no doubt this package will be probably the most desirable amiibo package out there for a long time. Can't go wrong with retro. Just when I thought I was done with amiibo this drew me right back into the game. That damn R.O.B. with his dark souless eyes shows no mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back