Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up late Friday night and saw the reports of people here saying that people were lined up hours before the stores opened on the East Coast and they were handing out tickets, etc... I wanted nothing to do with Black Friday-like shenanigans so I decided to pass.  But then on Saturday we were heading up near a GS for other things so I decided to call and they still had preorders available - at 4:30pm Pacific!  I've missed out (mostly just due to not paying attention) on just about every other Amiibo that isn't common so it was nice finally to be able to get in on one of these.

A few months back I was stoked to find a silver Mario at Target.  Then I started seeing them everywhere ;).

So is Nintendo Finnaly meeting demand after a year of  shit shows everytime they released a product

I'm hearing that the 3 pack will be web in store only is this right or is it a wait and see thing?
As of now it is not web in store, as I tried to do that and they said it wasn't allowed. It's just a normal Gamestop preorder where you put $5 or more down and you pick it up at that store on release date.

I find the large variances in stock per store interesting. My local one only got "over 15" (they were vague about it for some reason), but some had 100 or more. According to my local GS manager the allotment was based on previous amiibo preorders per store. So if your local store had a lot of previous preorders they were allotted a lot this time. Likewise they were only allotted a smaller amount if they had fewer amiibo preorders. Makes sense I guess.

Also, it sounds like the preorder window will end today. The unsold allotted stock will most likely be put up on the website by release date, or just given to stores on the release date. I'd be betting on a decent amount going up on the website eventually.

Not my point. They shouldn't access your account unless you give them permission. Credit card companies, bank accounts, etc all ask you to verify your account before they can help you. GS should be no different.
But you gave him permission... you gave him your phone number or full name to access your account, didn't you? The system automatically shows any current pre-orders you have with GameStop (including other stores) and any upcoming games you haven't pre-ordered (so that the employee can offer you to place those pre-orders too). It's all part of his job (that plus there's a 1 per customer limit, don't be mad because you got caught...)

Over 4,400 Gamestop stores In the USA and it seems like most of them got at least 20 3-packs. Looks like scalping might be over with...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3-Pack-amiibo-Duck-Hunt-Rob-Game-Watch-Preorder-USA-NA-/381356666012?hash=item58caa0ec9c

...or not.
I would like to think these are going to import customers, as you have to be a lazy SOB to pay this guy $20 extra, for something you could get yourself in 10 minutes. Unless of course your no where near a GS, then maybe.

As for imports, this is probably the only region where these will be sold in this 3-pack, so it's collectible to other countries I'm sure.

Over 4,400 Gamestop stores In the USA and it seems like most of them got at least 20 3-packs. Looks like scalping might be over with...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3-Pack-amiibo-Duck-Hunt-Rob-Game-Watch-Preorder-USA-NA-/381356666012?hash=item58caa0ec9c

...or not.
Sadly this world is full of piece of shit assholes like that... heck even some of the most common Skylanders are sold at a premium on ebay trying to take advantage of people that don't know better. It's sad, and the worst part is since ebay is also getting money out of this they have no reason to even try to stop it...

I don't understand the problem with GS? You don't have to give them your card for all of the orders... just a name (fake? misspelled?) and a different phone number.

And the phone number is only to tell you when it arrived, so when your first "real" one comes you know the second one is likely there, too.

I'm not going to quote all the people so i'll just hit a few notes.

Just because I have a membership, doesn't give them the right to go snooping into my history. Sorry, it doesn't. He actually has to go looking to see if I already preordered one, it doesn't pop up as a warning on the screen. Also, who cares if it was limit one, I went to another store and wasn't trying to secure a shit ton. I just wanted to get two. The issue, and the only issue, is that he should not have the right to look into my account unless I give him permission. End of story. Having a PUR account is not giving them permission to look at my history whenever they want. If I leave the store do they have permission to look it up?I don't see how you people don't see that point. I went to another gs today and got my second order and the dude didn't bat an eye.

I figure all you flippers out there would be on my side with all the jr detectives looking into your shit. I shouldn't have to open another account to get a second amiibo.

Just because I have a membership, doesn't give them the right to go snooping into my history. Sorry, it doesn't. He actually has to go looking to see if I already preordered one, it doesn't pop up as a warning on the screen. Also, who cares if it was limit one, I went to another store and wasn't trying to secure a shit ton. I just wanted to get two. The issue, and the only issue, is that he should not have the right to look into my account unless I give him permission. End of story. Having a PUR account is not giving them permission to look at my history whenever they want. If I leave the store do they have permission to look it up?I don't see how you people don't see that point. I went to another gs today and got my second order and the dude didn't bat an eye.

I figure all you flippers out there would be on my side with all the jr detectives looking into your shit. I shouldn't have to open another account to get a second amiibo.
You act like a company doesn't have the right to look at your purchase history. You choose to shop there if you don't like it then don't shop there.

anyone know where i can order clear or black base stands thatll raise amiibos by an 1/2-1"?  i need to elevate some of my amiibos in the back just by a little bit. i was looking for any circular lids/caps in my house and i surprisingly dont have anything that fits the bill. i guess i could always stack some coins or cardboard underneath them...right now, im using the extra pegs that came with the wii fit balance board as small bases.

im contemplating about ordering more spare balance board legs, but im having a hard time justifying $20 on 8 "bases" when i can spend $10 more and order another balance board, game, fit meter from nintendos site.

You act like a company doesn't have the right to look at your purchase history. You choose to shop there if you don't like it then don't shop there.
Was I really doing anything wrong with trying to get a second amiibo? I enjoy gs but some of its employees act like dicks. Dude had only gotten 5 preorders of a total of 40. I wasn't exactly trying to get 30 of them. Also, thank you for at least staying on my point. I don't think employees should have the ability to look at my account unless given permission. The corporation is a different thing but employees shouldn't have that access. Thats my only point.

Than again, I have been a victim of identity theft and it was not a fun thing to try and get rid of. I value my privacy and have a different point of view on things.

Yeah fuck all those gamestop employees that actually did there job and limited it to one per customer like they were mandated to so you can't fulfill all your ebay orders! They should require you to have the membership and be required to check the purchase history, you wouldn't be crying if you were the guy who got one because an employee did their job.

...or not.

Isn't there a 30 day policy on preorders on eBay? He wont be able to deliver for at least 45 days because they come out 9/25...he could run into some trouble with the people buying them and them burning him with bad feedback and eBay cases to get their money back

Was I really doing anything wrong with trying to get a second amiibo? I enjoy gs but some of its employees act like dicks. Dude had only gotten 5 preorders of a total of 40. I wasn't exactly trying to get 30 of them. Also, thank you for at least staying on my point. I don't think employees should have the ability to look at my account unless given permission. The corporation is a different thing but employees shouldn't have that access. Thats my only point.

Than again, I have been a victim of identity theft and it was not a fun thing to try and get rid of. I value my privacy and have a different point of view on things.
I think most people here don't care that you tried to get a second one. It's the infantile attitude thst you showed with your experience. You can't get outraged for him doing his job. If he acted unprofessional in the way he handled the transaction after confirming that you had already preordered one, then I'm totally with you... fuck that guy but your post totally demonized the employee for doing his job.

I understand people have jobs to do, trust me. I used to work retail, I get it. However, employees went not instructed to make sure that people walking into a store did not already have a preorder.  He took it upon himself to check. That I have a problem with. He was doing his own investigation, not something handed down by corporate.

Besides we all know that limit one per person was per store, not a universal thing. If it was, I wouldn't have been allowed to get a second one on the same account today. Heck some people got multiple orders at the same store.

Well at this point there really isnt much you can do besides not shopping there. Hes not going to get fired or anything because he really didnt do anything wrong according to gamestop.

I mean if you want you can try and follow a law suit but I dunno if its worth all the legal fees.

Its not that serious deader. I actually like gs but this dude was a total dick. He had a crappy attitude and was basically caller me a reseller. I found the whole experience annoying. In the end, gs wants us to have good experiences in the store and I did not. I know other people have had similar experiences when doing trading/buying. I was just sharing my experience. You can feel I was wrong, and I do get peoples opinions on the mater.

Whatever, i'm done with it.

I resell and try to show some light into the topic by those who assume all resellers scalp or do some "immoral" things to get deals. I would like to think some people in this thread are more understanding to it too. Yet reading from a far these past few days, well it sucks. I know people are jaded and thick in their opinion. You can explain all you want but if someone has it set in their mind that something is certain, despite no real experience or severe lack of information, than there is little worth explaining.

I love a good reselling discussion but this thread is toxic. Might be best to lock the amiibo thread and move it to some other area. That or make a reselling forum here... Which might get some trolls looking for a fight but at least those post can be quickly deleted.

I resell and try to show some light into the topic by those who assume all resellers scalp or do some "immoral" things to get deals. I would like to think some people in this thread are more understanding to it too. Yet reading from a far these past few days, well it sucks. I know people are jaded and thick in their opinion. You can explain all you want but if someone has it set in their mind that something is certain, despite no real experience or severe lack of information, than there is little worth explaining.

I love a good reselling discussion but this thread is toxic. Might be best to lock the amiibo thread and move it to some other area. That or make a reselling forum here... Which might get some trolls looking for a fight but at least those post can be quickly deleted.
It honestly doesn't matter anymore. This forum now officially supports reselling and scalping. Mods don't care anymore and wont do anything to stop it.

It honestly doesn't matter anymore. This forum now officially supports reselling and scalping. Mods don't care anymore and wont do anything to stop it.
Reselling has always happened here. Maybe not in "traditional" ways but the various trade in threads (that are pure trade flips and minimum credit movers), glitch threads, hell the latest HDTV / Xbox One thread had a bunch of people trying to unload the TV to offset the cost of the X1 which is still reselling no matter how you paint it.

Glad people support reselling much more openingly now instead of in the shadows like before but with that comes the hostile environment. But you're right, mods don't care about the arguing. I don't think they should care about the reselling, but the bashing of people on both sides should be dealt with.

And if they are going to "deal" with reselling they need to close all the trade in threads first (which would be horrible). Can't limit talk on reselling than continue to support another form of it.

Reselling has always happened here. Maybe not in "traditional" ways but the various trade in threads (that are pure trade flips and minimum credit movers), glitch threads, hell the latest HDTV / Xbox One thread had a bunch of people trying to unload the TV to offset the cost of the X1 which is still reselling no matter how you paint it.

Glad people support reselling much more openingly now instead of in the shadows like before but with that comes the hostile environment. But you're right, mods don't care about the arguing. I don't think they should care about the reselling, but the bashing of people on both sides should be dealt with.
Well honestly for a long time this site was more about getting a deal and not about making a profit. But im glad you're happy that everyone here now is just out to make a quick buck.

Well honestly for a long time this site was more about getting a deal and not about making a profit. But im glad you're happy that everyone here now is just out to make a quick buck.
Where did you get that impression from? I've been a member for years and lurker for longer. CAG has always been about deals. Making a profit from a sale or trade has been just one part of CAG to some members. No where did I say everyone does that nor did I imply that. Some do it, some don't.

Don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Where did you get that impression from? I've been a member for years and lurker for longer. CAG has always been about deals. Making a profit from a sale or trade has been just one part of CAG to some members. No where did I say everyone does that nor did I imply that. Some do it, some don't.

Don't attempt to put words in my mouth.
Ive been here for awhile as well and reselling/scalping was pretty frowned upon. No one before ever really talked about buying up as many collectors editions as they could to resell and people weren't just like "hey is this item going to be rare?"

A lot of users here used to be about helping each other out but now you have people just asking for free stuff like gamestop trade bonus codes and then running right to the trade forums trying to sell them.

Ive been here for awhile as well and reselling/scalping was pretty frowned upon. No one before ever really talked about buying up as many collectors editions as they could to resell and people weren't just like "hey is this item going to be rare?"

A lot of users here used to be about helping each other out but now you have people just asking for free stuff like gamestop trade bonus codes and then running right to the trade forums trying to sell them.
I did say it is much more accepted on the forums now. It was looked down upon, now, not so much.

Not sure what boards you stay on but many of the trade in threads have huge support for helping the community. BB Trade, Amazon Trade, Amazon Warehouse for updated threads. Sam's Club WiiU, Target half off consoles, Walmart trade in promotion, all these older deals had great support for finding the deals.

Yeah, not sure what you're looking at but most threads have groups that help out a lot for others. Stock reports, DPCI numbers for Target, where to get trade flips for cheap, AWD updates, etc. You'll have those few that may do something shady but that is a very small minority of the CAG community.

I did say it is much more accepted on the forums now. It was looked down upon, now, not so much.

Not sure what boards you stay on but many of the trade in threads have huge support for helping the community. BB Trade, Amazon Trade, Amazon Warehouse for updated threads. Sam's Club WiiU, Target half off consoles, Walmart trade in promotion, all these older deals had great support for finding the deals.

Yeah, not sure what you're looking at but most threads have groups that help out a lot for others. Stock reports, DPCI numbers for Target, where to get trade flips for cheap, AWD updates, etc. You'll have those few that may do something shady but that is a very small minority of the CAG community.
I think you aren't understanding the actual point i was making so ill just leave it alone.

Reselling isn't really more accepted on the forums, I think more people just accept the fact that cheapy and the mods don't care about reselling anymore.

I think you aren't understanding the actual point i was making so ill just leave it alone.

Reselling isn't really more accepted on the forums, I think more people just accept the fact that cheapy and the mods don't care about reselling anymore.
And I think it is more accepted here, which is why mods dont consider it a means to delete post. More people talk about and embrace it. More people help out with it for other deals too (mainly trades). Like I said before, post that blast members for no reason need to be addressed. I think we're all for a good discussion, not a bitter argument where no one is open to opinion.

And I think it is more accepted here, which is why mods dont consider it a means to delete post. More people talk about and embrace it. More people help out with it for other deals too (mainly trades). Like I said before, post that blast members for no reason need to be addressed. I think we're all for a good decision, not a bitter argument where no one is open to opinion.
Ok, I don't agree with you at all. Ill just leave it at that.

Some dude cock blocked me because i went to a second store to preorder a second and he looked up my account and said no because i already had one preordered and it was one per address. I said well if the system allows it whats the harm? I also didn't know why he went to look into my preorder history on his own anyway. Thats an invasion of privacy and he should ask me my permission before he just takes it upon himself to look into my history. So I bought a dollar ds game and will be burning his store to the ground on the survey. He should not be looking into my account without my permission and I invite others to do the same if you ever have the need to leave a bad survey.
Lol... Far from invasion of privacy. You tried to circumvent their "1 per account policy" and got caught. How else would they ensure that policy without looking into your POs.

Get over it.

Man, you need a tin foil hat.

Its not that serious deader. I actually like gs but this dude was a total dick. He had a crappy attitude and was basically caller me a reseller. I found the whole experience annoying. In the end, gs wants us to have good experiences in the store and I did not. I know other people have had similar experiences when doing trading/buying. I was just sharing my experience. You can feel I was wrong, and I do get peoples opinions on the mater.

Whatever, i'm done with it.
He probably looked because they were instructed to do so. i know with rare or limited items GS would cancel the orders over the limit and then the stores would have to contact the person and explain the situtation of why it was canceled. He might have just been trying to save some leg work in the future seeing that you already had one pre-order that any extras would get canceled.

Did we ever get the 3-pack confirmed as a GS exclusive? The receipt says EXC or something on it.
I think I read that the 3-pack is exclusive. But all 3 will be available individually. I could be wrong about that though, it was just on forums online.

1st GS doesn't accomodate handicap people by letting you buy it online. Next they don't let people with working legs buy more than 1. I can't take this madness anymore.

He probably looked because they were instructed to do so. i know with rare or limited items GS would cancel the orders over the limit and then the stores would have to contact the person and explain the situtation of why it was canceled. He might have just been trying to save some leg work in the future seeing that you already had one pre-order that any extras would get canceled.
This^
Maybe the cashier was told to by management. Either way if someone wants to get a second just make a second account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back