Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to reserve judgement until I get the amiibo 3 pack in my hands but I for one think that Gamestop handled it well.  They are far from perfect but it's been my experience that (aside from maybe Shulk) they've handled store exclusives better than anyone else.  No doubt I'm in the minority with that since everyone complains about Ness pre-orders but at least I got my Ness which is more than I can say for most other store exclusives.

Did we ever get the 3-pack confirmed as a GS exclusive? The receipt says EXC or something on it.
The photo Nintendo put out for wave 5 in US says the retro characters are "only available in the 3-pack" and "Not sold separatly" GS email for the 3 pack said it's a GS exclusive, so at this point it seems it's a GS exclusive. I know there are rumors these will be sold individually in the US, but only rumors right now. I wouldn't be suprised if this is the only way to get these 3 in the US period.

I am going to reserve judgement until I get the amiibo 3 pack in my hands but I for one think that Gamestop handled it well. They are far from perfect but it's been my experience that (aside from maybe Shulk) they've handled store exclusives better than anyone else. No doubt I'm in the minority with that since everyone complains about Ness pre-orders but at least I got my Ness which is more than I can say for most other store exclusives.
Shulk was up for pre order for 2 months.

After the three pack is released, who is left besides the Mii Fighters?

I will have all of the SSB series up through the three pack but the Mii Fighters just do not appeal to me.

I was happy enough with how easy it was to get the preorder. I went in to a Gamestop on Sunday afternoon to pick up Rare Replay because I bough the Samsung TV/Xbox One bundle at Best Buy that morning, and asked if they had any more slots available. No lines, no waits, just stuff. If only all of them were so easy. 

Shulk was up for pre order for 2 months.
Yes, and I never got mine. For whatever reason it was cancelled.

That was right before my credit card expired, and while that shouldn't have had anything to do with the cancellation I'm assuming that was somehow the problem. But who knows?

Last edited:
Shulk was definitely not an easy preorder. My store only had 6 available and one guy preordered 4 of them since they didn't enforce a limit. They got better with this 3-pack at least.

Walked into Gamestop and ordered the 3 pack today but not before some jerk came riding inside his bicycle when the doors opened trying to cut everyone else in line. fuck You Dave Mirra!
Ha! Forgot all about that Target-bike guy! That was one of the best stories so far regarding amiibo-hunting.

GUYS CAN WE ALL STOP FIGHTING

Everybody give one another a Villager.
Fixed that for you to stay on-topic.

rolling through the six with my woes when I can't get an amiibo I want.

[attachment=16430:drake.png]

After the three pack is released, who is left besides the Mii Fighters?

I will have all of the SSB series up through the three pack but the Mii Fighters just do not appeal to me.
Release 9/11:
dr Mario
Bowser jr
Ganondorf
Olimar
Zero suit samus

Retro 3-pack on 9/25 I believe.

After that, it's the mii fighters, falco, and then the dlc characters. I've heard falco and mii fighters may be out 9/25 also but haven't seen anything definitive yet.

Stupid damn website.  Not letting my place order for some reason.  Always happens, this site is always broken for me right when I hit place order.

Awesome!  Wanted one of these bad, but not bad enough to wait in line or fight a crowd for a pre-order.  That is the easiest Amiibo pre-order yet!

hopefully this is a glimpse into my predicted holiday flood for amiibos

Nintendo of America isnt that dumb to not flood store shelves this holiday, i am ready

Very easy to get a preorder in online earlier for the retro 3 pack. 2 hrs later, and its still up. Easy to see that Nintendo produced a boat load of these things.

I own zero amiibo(s?). I do not own a Wii U or the 3DS version of Smash. I still want the Charizard one, but am not sure why.

Can someone talk me into or out of it?

I own zero amiibo(s?). I do not own a Wii U or the 3DS version of Smash. I still want the Charizard one, but am not sure why.

Can someone talk me into or out of it?
My Charizard broke.... the wings popped out when it fell like a foot or two (and onto a very soft surface). Not sure if they are all so delicate and they pop right back in, but they also pop back out constantly now.

He does look cool, but only because he's a dragon with a flaming tail. The workmanship on my Charzard wasn't great, not abysmal but the seams are very visible and the eyes look like they are slightly off center and the teeth seem a lot smaller than I was expecting. It looks like he could use some dentures. He's certainly not the worst looking amiibo I've seen (Marth, Wario, ect) but it's not very good quality.

I'm debating whether I want to try to replace it or not but maybe all that is something to keep in mind if you actually plan on opening it.

Last edited:
Release 9/11:
dr Mario
Bowser jr
Ganondorf
Olimar
Zero suit samus
Retro 3-pack on 9/25 I believe.
After that, it's the mii fighters, falco, and then the dlc characters. I've heard falco and mii fighters may be out 9/25 also but haven't seen anything definitive yet.
I ordered all of this wave from Europe. I have them through Olimar now. Thanks for the reply.

If you bought it with the intention to sell, no matter what you price it you're scalping.
At least you're not price gouging.
That's called reselling and there is most definitely a difference. And yes it is different. People can choose what they want to pay, it is their choice. But even if you list it BIN, you didn't force anyone to pay. An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

That's called reselling and there is most definitely a difference. And yes it is different. People can choose what they want to pay, it is their choice. But even if you list it BIN, you didn't force anyone to pay. An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Reselling is the act of selling anything you have bought to someone else, no matter the price.
Scalping is buying something with the intention of selling it for profit. Putting it at .99 cents and expecting it to go higher than what you paid, would be scalping (no matter how much you actually make).
The above poster didnt specify why he was reselling the item which is why I said "if".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back