Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
That's called reselling and there is most definitely a difference. And yes it is different. People can choose what they want to pay, it is their choice. But even if you list it BIN, you didn't force anyone to pay. An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Scalping - To buy and sell so as to make small, quick profits; to resell at higher than the official rates.

If he is bidding amiibo's he is obviously going to make a profit on (virtually any unicorn) then yes, it is scalping. The method used to sell does not matter in the least. And let's be honest, if he knows he is going to make money then there really is no difference.

Last edited:
Reselling is the act of selling anything you have bought to someone else, no matter the price.
Scalping is buying something with the intention of selling it for profit. Putting it at .99 cents and expecting it to go higher than what you paid, would be scalping (no matter how much you actually make).
The above poster didnt specify why he was reselling the item which is why I said "if".
Actually reselling is selling something that you bought cheaply for MSRP or less. Scalping is the latter where you sell above retail. Scalping and reselling (at least in the community of sellers) are also a matter of moral selling. Scalpers usually have no rules of the trade while resellers abide by a common practice.

Which I'm sure sounds out there to those that don't resell but many communities out there exist and can tell you more on the differences.

Scalping - To buy and sell so as to make small, quick profits; to resell at higher than the official rates.
The opposite actually. And it's to make a profit. Only small time sellers want a quick buck, doing this as a practice / hobby wants a bit more. Most sellers I know wouldn't sell unless they are getting 50% profit or more.

The opposite actually. And it's to make a profit. Only small time sellers want a quick buck, doing this as a practice / hobby wants a bit more. Most sellers I know wouldn't sell unless they are getting 50% profit or more.
Did you really just tell me the word means the opposite of how it is defined in the dictionary?

Last edited:
I own zero amiibo(s?). I do not own a Wii U or the 3DS version of Smash. I still want the Charizard one, but am not sure why.

Can someone talk me into or out of it?
I had a chance to get one right at the start and turned it down since it's basically just an orange nightmare & would be quite ugly mixed in with all my beautiful amiibo.

Thanks! Ordered a second set. Going to see if I can find someone that only wants duck hunt or Game & Watch. I want a second R.O.B. to have on my desk at the office.
I thought displaying an amiibo at the office would be a great idea. Nah. Little Mac was swiped off my desk within a week.

It was the only thing I displayed at work and the only thing showing I was interested in video games (besides a small subtle tattoo).

its great seeing the 3 pack last this long but I expect wave 5b to be crazy and waiting hours needed to get all of the figures
Given how much easier (relatively speaking) it has been to obtain Ness, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Dark Pitt, Palutena, and the Retro Pack I think the upcoming waves will not be as bad as before. I think Nintendo has increased output for NA (they've certainly done some reprinting) and the 'open' ports has allowed the higher output/reprints to come to the US much quicker than before ensuring stores aren't rationed out like they were before.

I'm not saying it will be easy to get the characters that are more intricate, obscure, or likely have lower profit margins, but I anticipate it will be easier than wave 4 was.

YES. Maybe, just maybe, that means the rest of 5b will be a cake walk. Going for GCU or bust. :p

And maybe I shouldn't bother...well I know I shouldn't...but I'm personally tired of seeing scalping defended. That's my opinion.

Sure, go ahead and do it if you really, really have to--trip up others in favor of your own monetary gain. But don't come into the amiibo deals thread to defend or brag about the practice and expect to be welcomed with open arms. And most certainly don't waltz in here to suggest that we close the amiibo thread because there is discussion that doesn't favor scalping. That's just unwise.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, yes?  "Scalping sucks" is also an opinion. Honestly, I'm for dropping anti- and pro-scalping discussion altogether. We've exhausted the topic, frankly. Let's talk amiibo.  "Deals," availability, training, customization. 

For instance, I remember seeing the Mewtwo amiibo (which I fully intend to paint a shiny version of), but has anyone seen the Ryu amiibo yet in their travels? All I've been able to find so far is user-generated fan art.

Given how much easier (relatively speaking) it has been to obtain Ness, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Dark Pitt, Palutena, and the Retro Pack I think the upcoming waves will not be as bad as before. I think Nintendo has increased output for NA (they've certainly done some reprinting) and the 'open' ports has allowed the higher output/reprints to come to the US much quicker than before ensuring stores aren't rationed out like they were before.

I'm not saying it will be easy to get the characters that are more intricate, obscure, or likely have lower profit margins, but I anticipate it will be easier than wave 4 was.
While I will not disagree that it has been easier to get the current retail exclusives (and the reprints of Jiggs and Rosa), a lot of the ease is because the stock is all in one place. It goes up at one time, has more strict order limits than in the past, and is not diluted between 20 retailers. Not to mention Palutena and Dark Pit have not shown up again (in any meaningful supply at least) and we still don't know if they will. Recent reprints point towards probably, but who knows.

I will not believe the ease of the September release until it happens, and my hopes are on the low side atm.

I own zero amiibo(s?). I do not own a Wii U or the 3DS version of Smash. I still want the Charizard one, but am not sure why.

Can someone talk me into or out of it?
Hi - very casual amiibo fan here. I only own 6 amiibo figures (SMS Bowser, Toad, Link, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, pre-ordered the retro pack) and buy them for a variety of reasons.

Reasons to buy amiibo if you don't own a Wii U/3DS:

• You like the character/series. For Charizard, it's POKEMON, so if you enjoy the games/show/cards etc, buy that orange dragon!
  • You like displaying characters in your home or office.
  • The larger amiibo (including Charizard, Bowser, King Dedede, etc.) are physically larger & heavier than other lighter-sized amiibo (Luigi, Kirby, Shiek, etc). Your $13+tax feels like money better spent.
  • Whether you keep the amiibo in the packaging or out of box, you'll find a very detailed figure that is also part hand-crafted. The artwork of the amiibo packaging is pretty great if you keep it in box, and there are collectors who solely keep the "card" backing with the character artwork.
  • As more amiibo are getting released, we're noticing better quality figures. The recent Splatoon amiibo stand out in quality & detail among the older amiibo released last winter. The newer "Super Mario Series" amiibo released in March sport larger & heavier characters than their Smash Bros versions for the same price.
Reasons NOT to buy amiibo if you don't own a Wii U/3DS

• The only possible way to buy many particular amiibo figures (including Charizard for a long while) is through a reseller for above MSRP. This excludes you if you're REALLY passionate about a particular figure and WANT IT NOW. If you waited this long to buy a particular amiibo like the Charizard one, you likely can wait for a price drop or more availability, like we're seeing today.
  • Amiibo RARELY go on sale in stores, and you'll be lucky to find resellers selling figures for below MSRP. There's a lower supply & higher demand. It's a brilliant move on Nintendo's part, but if you find it unfair, then an amiibo purchase might not be for you.
  • The detail on some figures vary and you might not like its look. I'm in the minority that find that the Fire Emblem figures are a little derpy in their face and have some strange coloring going on overall. The Yoshi figures in particular have noticeable creases around its nose that really bother me. If you're able to see a figure in person, you might be hesitant to buy one.
  • These figures are NOT action figures. No movable parts. In fact, some amiibo are fairly fragile, like Link & Toon Link feeling more fragile than someone like Luigi or Bowser.
  • Even if you do eventually buy a Wii U or New 3DS, the in-game content might not justify the price you pay. Nintendo's amiibo is advertised to provide extended content for select games. Most games only unlock cosmetic content, but only Super Smash Bros & Mario Party 10 provide for the extra game-saving "extended content" for the amiibo, so far. The Smash Bros "trainable AI" feature is impressive, but Mario Party 10's Amiibo Mode is underwhelming. These are the only 2 games to offer more than cosmetic unlocks, and you can only hold one of those game's Amiibo data per figure. For Charizard, that's not an issue now, but what happens if the next Pokemon Wii U game has expansive gameplay-saving content for your Charizard amiibo? If you used Charizard for Super Smash Bros, you'd have to delete that data from the figure before you use it for the Pokemon Wii U Game. This conflict only affects a few amiibo now (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi), but that 1 game save per Amiibo bothers me, even as a Wii U owner.
Hope this helps you (and others)!

My Dark Pit order finally shipped from Best Buy, here's hoping it comes in good condition!
Mine finally arrived today...:whistle2:/

Super disappointed... this is the first time I received an Amiibo with damage packaging from BBY. I'm guessing I won't get a replacement at this point though... figures it would be my luck.

[attachment=16438:IMG_20150810_200849.jpg] [attachment=16439:IMG_20150810_200857.jpg]

[quote name="Petey Parker" post="12858634" timestamp="1439253396"]This part isn't true. Toys R Us has sales all the time and Target, Best Buy, and Walmart have had various deals at some point. The problem is that most stores are usually flooded with only common figures which doesn't really help.[/quote]

Yup. TRU has a B1G1 40% off right now. They've been getting a little better about having more than the most common figures in stock, but they still have a ways to go.

I thought displaying an amiibo at the office would be a great idea. Nah. Little Mac was swiped off my desk within a week.

It was the only thing I displayed at work and the only thing showing I was interested in video games (besides a small subtle tattoo).
Sounds like you work with at least one jerk. For years I displayed some of my gaming swag at my desk with no issue including my prized Chrono Cross clock.

dam thats terrible, hope something evil happens to that piece of shit that took it

may i ask where do you work ? j/w

This part isn't true. Toys R Us has sales all the time and Target, Best Buy, and Walmart have had various deals at some point. The problem is that most stores are usually flooded with only common figures which doesn't really help.
If you have nebraska funiture mart (nfm.com) near you. 3 amiibos for $30 this week. :)

Did you really just tell me the word means the opposite of how it is defined in the dictionary?
Not sure which dictionary you are using but there are multiple meanings to words and degrees to it. Scalping has several definitions too. One for stocks (mainly trades for shares), tickets, or the odder meaning (in this day and age) to cut someone's scalp off as a battle victory during war.

If you want the current textbook definition of reselling than it is simply selling for a profit (technicalities differ by how you resell). Scalping in this sense is by definition the selling of tickets (def #9) (concert / sport tickets to be exact) higher than their initial / official worth (set by the original distributor).

Now to the greater population of people who do either or, it has evolved to mean much more especially with more people selling for a living with much more products than tickets / outside stocks.

You described the scalping of stocks, which is similar in this case but definitely not the same practice as a common product.

Mine finally arrived today...:whistle2:/

Super disappointed... this is the first time I received an Amiibo with damage packaging from BBY. I'm guessing I won't get a replacement at this point though... figures it would be my luck.

IMG_20150810_200849.jpg IMG_20150810_200857.jpg
Damn that sucks and it also took them a long time to get to you too. I would still try to contact them and see what they can do for you. You may never know and worst case is that they don't have any to replace.

These past few releases have been very very smooth. I feel the craze is dying a bit but also Nintendo is supplying good amounts for the U.S. Great for all too!
the last major release was crazy, got to toys r us at 6am and was not early enough to get robin or lucina, I imagine wave 5 will be sold out right at oepning

the last major release was crazy, got to toys r us at 6am and was not early enough to get robin or lucina, I imagine wave 5 will be sold out right at oepning
Guess it depends on where you are. TRU had about 40 of each. It sold out in a few but it lasted all day. Palutena was extremely easy too. Last craze I personally felt was much as Gold Mario. Everything else has progressively gotten easier to get.

I don't understand why everybody here is always trying to compare every new amiibo release with Robin or Lucina. People did it with Palutena and Dark Pit, and they were wrong. Sorry but the rest of Wave 5 will not be as hard to get as Lucina or Robin was, not even close.

TRU did not have 40 of both robin and lucina
Maybe yours didn't, my local store (well only store within 20 miles) had 40 of each on launch day in store. Might be b/c its a in a college town and city. Who knows.

I know most stores got 4 - 8 though. Other launches in my area where closer to rumored numbers. This one took all us amiibo hunters in our area by surprise. Store employees of course couldn't explain it, not that anyone was complaining.

Retro 3 pack gs Exclusive now is locked. When they announce next store exclusive? Only 1 month left & i ready for back up plans, i can't be at 2 stores at the same time. lol i really hope amazon exclusive all the last wave and make it easy for everyone. :)

You have a better chance catching a cold then a break when it comes to these things. Didn't bby give away your meta knight?
Yes, that was a local store that did that when I did online for in store pick up. It wasn't just mine, they sold everyone's MK on a first come, first serve deal I think.

Damn that sucks and it also took them a long time to get to you too. I would still try to contact them and see what they can do for you. You may never know and worst case is that they don't have any to replace.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna call them anyway and see if there's something they can do.

Yes, that was a local store that did that when I did online for in store pick up. It wasn't just mine, they sold everyone's MK on a first come, first serve deal I think.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna call them anyway and see if there's something they can do.
If it's anything like my local store was, they all went to a single person too, followed quickly by a posting on Craigslist requesting $$$ or trades for every other unicorn.

Kinda pissed about that one since the girl running it is supposed to be my friend. Guess she can't be everywhere at once though.

Last edited:
So happy. JSubculture has delivered again in record time. Another perfect japan import experience and I will continue to only order from these guys !!!

[attachment=16449:image.jpg]

[attachment=16450:image.jpg]

[attachment=16451:image.jpg]

So happy. JSubculture has delivered again in record time. Another perfect japan import experience and I will continue to only order from these guys !!!
How much would one amiibo cost (including shipping)? Do I have to use tenso, with them? I'm trying to plan which site to import from when R.O.B. is announced.

How much would one amiibo cost (including shipping)? Do I have to use tenso, with them? I'm trying to plan which site to import from when R.O.B. is announced.
Since the yen fluctuates daily, it kinda all depends what the going rate is at the time you order. Be advised that even after the yen to dollar conversion, you will still be paying approx $17-$20 per amiibo. As for shipping, Id advise to go with EMS which is the fastest but also the most expensive. Figurs about $4 per figure for shipping. I paid right around $22.50 shipping for the lot of 6. And no, you dont have to use Tenso, as they ship anywhere in the world directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back