Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, wish I had bitten on that amiami post:

Wii U Bundle

• Walmart and Walmart.com will be the exclusive retailers for a special Super Mario Maker Wii U bundle that includes the game, Idea Book and the 30[SIZE=10.5px]th[/SIZE] Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo. The bundle goes on sale the 11[SIZE=10.5px]th[/SIZE] of September for $299.96.

I'd wager 75% of the people lined up for Wave 4 were resellers and people buying them for the rarity. The resale value for all of Wave 4 ended up being pretty dismal and I guarantee most of them are not bothering with this or any subsequent waves. I would not be suprised if only 20 - 30 people were in front of your TRU for Bowser Jr and I bet most stores will get 100+ judging by Dr. Mario numbers.

I can't say I blame you for importing - I'd totally do it if I was collecting open box. I just don't think people need to panic and import this wave before launch based on how poorly previous waves went. This one is a totally different beast.
Making up stats is fun!

I wager 75% of people buying Amiibo buy 1 to open, 2 to keep sealed, 3 to make terrible customs of, and 3 for "trade bait". But it's cool, they are NOT scalping!

The box art for all the Animal Crossing amiibo is out. While I only bought the characters I liked from the Smash Bro line, I'll be buying all eight of these. I put the individual box art in spoiler tags so it wouldn't take up so much space.

animal-crossing-3-pack-656x533.jpg

ac-isabelle.jpg

ac-kk.jpg

ac-nook.jpg

ac-digby.jpg

ac-lottie.jpg

ac-mabel.jpg

ac-reese.jpg

ac-cyrus.jpg

The box art for all the Animal Crossing amiibo is out. While I only bought the characters I liked from the Smash Bro line, I'll be buying all eight of these. I put the individual box art in spoiler tags so it wouldn't take up so much space.
Animal Crossing line will hurt my wallet the most. Buying all of these. Cannot resist.

Making up stats is fun!

I wager 75% of people buying Amiibo buy 1 to open, 2 to keep sealed, 3 to make terrible customs of, and 3 for "trade bait". But it's cool, they are NOT scalping!
You kind of don't sound like you were in any of the lines for Wave 4. Yeah, I'm making up numbers, but having been in multiple lines for that wave it was clear that most of the people there were there to resell (or, similarly, solely because of perceived rarity and value). There was significantly reduced lines for Dark Pit vs. Wave 4 in my area and that same observation was posted by others. Reseller demand is dying off and that demand was driving scarcity.

We'll have to wait and see on the 11th, but I'm fairly certain the only people who will be complaining will be the people who have fifty excuses for why it's Nintendo's fault and not theirs.

For anyone wondering, Target's Wave 5B stock numbers are posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3h3nkw/target_wave_5b_numbers_in_store_online/

Reddit stock numbers have been fairly accurate in the past. This post includes a comparison to Target's Wave 4 stock. They only got 5,600 each of Robin and Lucina - the lowest available figure this Wave is Ganondorf at 16,750. For reference, Target got 18,000 Pac-Man amiibos for Wave 4 and most stores still have him available. These numbers really should be comforting for everyone and not just people who can show up early in the morning. Figures should be readily available throughout the day and following weekend.

For anyone wondering, Target's Wave 5B stock numbers are posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3h3nkw/target_wave_5b_numbers_in_store_online/

Reddit stock numbers have been fairly accurate in the past. This post includes a comparison to Target's Wave 4 stock. They only got 5,600 each of Robin and Lucina - the lowest available figure this Wave is Ganondorf at 16,750. For reference, Target got 18,000 Pac-Man amiibos for Wave 4 and most stores still have him available. These numbers really should be comforting for everyone and not just people who can show up early in the morning. Figures should be readily available throughout the day and following weekend.
I don't know about that. Target opens at 8:00 a.m. pretty much nationwide (i.e. two hours before most BB, TRU and Gamestop locations), so people are going to clean out Target at opening. As long as other retailers get similar allocations, it should be easier to find the non-exclusives at places like BB, TRU, Gamestop, etc...but I wouldn't count on being able to stroll into any store after opening and find whatever you need. I would also note that Pacman did sell out at every Target I'm aware of on launch day.

As far as "anything in a bundle is exclusive to that bundle including Modern Mario, Chibi-robo, Green Yarn Yoshi", I'd say it's definitely time to get out of this amiibo game after the culmination of the SSB series.  I'm not going to feel forced to buy games I don't want to buy at full price. 

I guess it wasn't good enough for Nintendo just to be making a ton of money on plastic figures.  It is times like this where you are reminded that as a consumer you are simply seen as an exploitable money bag.

As far as "anything in a bundle is exclusive to that bundle including Modern Mario, Chibi-robo, Green Yarn Yoshi", I'd say it's definitely time to get out of this amiibo game after the culmination of the SSB series. I'm not going to feel forced to buy games I don't want to buy at full price.

I guess it wasn't good enough for Nintendo just to be making a ton of money on plastic figures. It is times like this where you are reminded that as a consumer you are simply seen as an exploitable money bag.
You've failed for not realizing that from the get go

ReggieShrug.gif

So is this bundle going to actually be available anywhere?  I saw it on Amazon but preorders had already sold out.

Aside from SSB the Wooley World ones were the only ones I wanted, don't even care much about the game anymore, but it is gonna suck if availability is this shitty.  As far as tying it into a bundle with the game, I get it if the game only has one or two amiibo, but that's a really shitty move for these.

Last edited:
http://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/635802545051451392

Amiiboalerts posted it on Twitter. Sorry that I don't have a more reputable source. I assume it was taken from the Nintendo announcements this morning.
The picture/article released for Modern Mario was for a complete Wii U system bundle that is exclusive to Walmart. Nothing at all states that the Amiibo itself is exclusive to the bundle... it only states that the Wii U system bundle w/ the game and Modern Mario is exclusive to Walmart. Here are a couple of posts from reddit about Green Yarn Yoshi that I find relevant & also say pretty much what I said about Modern Mario. There is no evidence whatsoever that the two are bundle exclusives.

"The article says nothing about exclusivity. It only mentions two facts. The first being that the Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo is available in the bundle, which is true. It also list the Blue Yarn Yoshi and Pink Yarn Yoshi as being sold separately, which is also true. An assumption is being made that the Green Yarn Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle. The press release does not confirm this, nor does it deny it. An additional sentence was really needed in that press release because articles like this are making people panic."

&

"The green Yarn Yoshi is in Target's system as its own item so I don't think it's only available through the bundle"

So is this bundle going to actually be available anywhere? I saw it on Amazon but preorders had already sold out.
As far as I know it has never been available for pre-order yet on Amazon. I think it was only up on TRU thus far.

As far as I know it has never been available for pre-order yet on Amazon. I think it was only up on TRU thus far.
Oh, I just assumes it was cause I got the same "Unavailable, click here to be emailed when more come in" link I get when other pre-orders sell out.

Last edited:
fuck NOA, come one, modern 8 but amiibo exclusive of walmart bundle??
Did you bother reading my post a couple above yours? There is nothing whatsoever, at least not at this point, that says Modern 8-bit Mario is exclusive to the Walmart bundle. The article only stated that the console bundle itself is a Walmart exclusive.

As far as "anything in a bundle is exclusive to that bundle including Modern Mario, Chibi-robo, Green Yarn Yoshi", I'd say it's definitely time to get out of this amiibo game after the culmination of the SSB series. I'm not going to feel forced to buy games I don't want to buy at full price.

I guess it wasn't good enough for Nintendo just to be making a ton of money on plastic figures. It is times like this where you are reminded that as a consumer you are simply seen as an exploitable money bag.
That's fine, but I'm honestly happy to see them get bundled. It makes it easier for me to sell myself on buying the games when they are new- since they're NIntendo games they're not super likely to hit the bargain bin for a LONG time, so I'll happily pay an extra $5 so that I don't have to hunt all over town for the figure that works the game I bought.

I may try collecting the Animal Crossing cards- it really depends how many they get out there. If there's a fair amount and I can buy singles to fill gaps rather than having to try complete a set though buying packs, I may go for it. Sadly I've a feeling it'll end up like every other set of cards Nintendo has tried to sell (All the E-reader line stuff, etc).

I don't know about that. Target opens at 8:00 a.m. pretty much nationwide (i.e. two hours before most BB, TRU and Gamestop locations), so people are going to clean out Target at opening. As long as other retailers get similar allocations, it should be easier to find the non-exclusives at places like BB, TRU, Gamestop, etc...but I wouldn't count on being able to stroll into any store after opening and find whatever you need. I would also note that Pacman did sell out at every Target I'm aware of on launch day.
Every Target in the Raleigh, NC area still has a few Pac-Man amiibo. No wave 4 restocks happened to the best of my knowledge.

Best Buy and TRU probably have similar allocations so I really think people are going to have an easy time with this wave.

That's fine, but I'm honestly happy to see them get bundled. It makes it easier for me to sell myself on buying the games when they are new- since they're NIntendo games they're not super likely to hit the bargain bin for a LONG time, so I'll happily pay an extra $5 so that I don't have to hunt all over town for the figure that works the game I bought.

I may try collecting the Animal Crossing cards- it really depends how many they get out there. If there's a fair amount and I can buy singles to fill gaps rather than having to try complete a set though buying packs, I may go for it. Sadly I've a feeling it'll end up like every other set of cards Nintendo has tried to sell (All the E-reader line stuff, etc).
Oddly, the Animal Crossing e-reader card packs were available to buy from Nintendo's online site up until 2010. I completed a set that way.

Every Target in the Raleigh, NC area still has a few Pac-Man amiibo. No wave 4 restocks happened to the best of my knowledge.

Best Buy and TRU probably have similar allocations so I really think people are going to have an easy time with this wave.
Target and many other retailers received a Pacman restock. I don't know about Raleigh, but in San Diego at least, Target sold out of Pacman the morning of release. Toys R Us had Pacman until a little after lunch. All I'm saying is that while I am encouraged by the numbers, until CAGs start reporting back on the 11th, we won't really know whether or not the optimism was well founded. I would also point out that if the supply turns out to be too ample, Nintendo could very well reallocate again and cut supply of the Animal Crossing Amiibos which would start the whole cycle all over again.

I'm not sure when or how Nintendo could consider the supply too ample unless it is done several months after release, and retailers are forced to have sales and lower prices to get rid of stock.  As of now, the only figures that have had their prices cut have been various characters in the SMB universe (Peach, Yoshi, DK, Luigi, Diddy Kong) so, if anything, those are the only figures whose supply is too ample in the US at this point.

Oddly, the Animal Crossing e-reader card packs were available to buy from Nintendo's online site up until 2010. I completed a set that way.
Maybe the Kid Icarus AR cards is a better example? I don't know if I ever saw more than one or two packs of those ever.

Maybe the Kid Icarus AR cards is a better example? I don't know if I ever saw more than one or two packs of those ever.
Yeah, in the US they were only given away at events, and never produced them all in packs. They gave a few box sets away as tournament prizes and they were only going for about $300 for all 400+ cards, now that same set I saw a few days ago sold for like $1500 lol. They never sold them or offered them as CN rewards. I believe they did sell them in Europe and Japan tho, but the European versions were different sized cards when compared to the US versions.

So is anybody gonna try to collect the animal crossing cards?
I'm gonna try, but I'm not gonna go crazy over it.
I'll just try to secure my favorites first, then the set if I can. Hopefully the cards will be decently easy to find...hopefully..

Also: That mega yarn yoshi...I must resist.
Still no word on the SMM bundle huh? Just this console one. I'm still hopeful, I really didn't think we'd get the console bundle.

I am sooooooo undecided on this Mega Yoshi. I feel the price seems pretty high, and I also don't think it looks as cool/cute as the smaller ones. I think its the legs. On the other hand it is pretty unique due to its size and GCU could knock down the price....

If they announce a Mega Blue and Mega Pink Yoshi I will literally go over to my amiibo collection display case and slam it on the ground. I can't take it anymore!

I'll be getting all eight, but sucks for those who are trying to get them NA individually 

https://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/635909232546545664

I'll be getting all eight, but sucks for those who are trying to get them NA individually
]
Like the green yarn yoshi, and modern mario, the press release doesn't state exclusivity. Just that they will be available in this way.
I'm buying all of them so it doesn't matter to me, but I really refuse to believe K.K. is exclusive to that bundle.

Also:
The Amiibo Festival physical game is confirmed to be releasing as a bundle only with two amiibo as originally stated (no more confusion).
(Glad I pre-ordered it from best buy..that's one headache down).

When Sept 11th rolls around will it be relatively easy to acquire both the classic and modern Mario's. Those along with Dr. Mario are my most wanted besides the yarn yoshi's.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/635909232546545664
Especially since KK is the obvious draw for that 3-pack. If it had been a 3-pack with KK, Tom Nook, and someone else popular, no one would care.

Yeah I really want KK out of that 3 pack...the rest are eh.

Hopefully the AC bundles trigger some kind of Villager reprint...but that probably makes too much sense for Nintendo to do

I'm really fairly new to the entire Amiibo thing & only have sealed NA versions of Dark Pit, Rosalina, and Palutena  (although they won't remain sealed once I have more and a display to put them in/on), as well as the Retro 3-Pack on pre-order from GameStop. My question is, roughly how long before release do pre-orders generally go up? I'm for sure wanting to grab Modern 8-bit Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Ganondorf from this next bunch. Then all 3 Woolly Yoshi (no need for the green mega), and finally all of the AC Amiibo. I was late to the game for the first however many waves and would prefer to not pay $30+ a piece for whatever gets released from here on out. But if I don't see the pre-orders on some of them go up... I'm afraid I'll miss out. Wha'ts the best way to know when Target, BB, TRU, Walmart put up their pre-orders?

I'm really fairly new to the entire Amiibo thing & only have sealed NA versions of Dark Pit, Rosalina, and Palutena (although they won't remain sealed once I have more and a display to put them in/on), as well as the Retro 3-Pack on pre-order from GameStop. My question is, roughly how long before release do pre-orders generally go up? I'm for sure wanting to grab Modern 8-bit Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Ganondorf from this next bunch. Then all 3 Woolly Yoshi (no need for the green mega), and finally all of the AC Amiibo. I was late to the game for the first however many waves and would prefer to not pay $30+ a piece for whatever gets released from here on out. But if I don't see the pre-orders on some of them go up... I'm afraid I'll miss out. Wha'ts the best way to know when Target, BB, TRU, Walmart put up their pre-orders?
The best way to know is to TURN AND RUN AWAY RIGHT NOW. SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I'm just kidding, kitten. Nobody really knows. Sometimes we get a heads up through places like this or the amiibo news Twitter account. Sometimes it's completely random like the Mario maker Wii u bundle up for preorder from Walmart that just went live like three hours ago and no one seems to be discussing. We're all crazy here because of these things.

If I buy an import amiibo on amazon/ebay can I use them on an US WiiU with a US game?

I don't have a WiiU yet but want to start collecting amiibo.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back