Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to keep track as best as possible, but the more I read this thread the more confused I get.  I am not an amiibo collector, yet really loved the 8-bit Mario when I saw it.  Is the colored version available in stores?  Or will it only be the classic one?  Would like to get both. 

:???: Come on now..really? (sigh)
Most of these amiibo collectors have no clue about the significance of classic mario.

I was dethroning bowser in level 8-4 in Super Mario Bros back in 1986 while most of these "amiibros" were nothing more than just a twinkle in their mother's eye. They can try to relive the moment but there is no replacement for upgrading from crappy Atari to the NES on the Christmas of 86 and playing Super Mario bros on your TV. Just like playing it at the local arcade and having 10 kids jumping up and down behind you cheering you on as you shoot bowser with fireballs and beat the game as the arcade manager comes out and shakes your hand. Compare that experience to the mediocre experience of today with kids talking on their headsets not being able to really interact like you could back in the days of the arcade.

NES kids above all gamers.

A lesson to all who disrespect the color scheme of classic Mario.

Has anyone had any experience with Fry's for amiibo? I'm going amiibo hunting tomorrow morning for Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf but am wondering how stocked Fry's is on rares compared to best buy or target. I would be pretty bummed if I show up to either best buy or target and there is only 3-4 of the 8-bit mario ganon or zss.

Man, that Bowser Jr. amiibo being in whatever that upside-down helicopter vehicle is called really speaks to me... Super Mario World helped to shape who I am today.  I really need to get one of these amiibos.  It's a bummer that Bowser Jr. of all amiibos has to be a TRU exclusive.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any TRU employees' help with getting some stock levels in my area.  They are store numbers:

Thanks for your help.

Compare that experience to the mediocre experience of today with kids talking on their headsets not being able to really interact like you could back in the days of the arcade.

I hate to be that guy but you do realize NES/SNES (and I suppose Atari) was the start of the death of arcades right? I mean I prefered the consoles to the arcade a million times over but you have to admit arcades would probably be a bigger deal today if Nintendo hadn't kickstarted the home console market like they did.

Or I suppose Sega would've just taken over lol.

Last edited:
I've been trying to keep track as best as possible, but the more I read this thread the more confused I get. I am not an amiibo collector, yet really loved the 8-bit Mario when I saw it. Is the colored version available in stores? Or will it only be the classic one? Would like to get both.
The brown and red one will be available tomorrow morning. The modern one in the same 8-bit looking box is only avail in japan atm. There are 4 others that were already released that can easily be had at retail price with the exception of gold mario.

Gold mario

Silver mario

Wave 1 mario

Mario that came with mario party 10.

Stand alone mario, same as the one that comes with mario party 10

Dr. Mario - Available at Target for pre-order right now.

Most of these amiibo collectors have no clue about the significance of classic mario.

I was dethroning bowser in level 8-4 in Super Mario Bros back in 1986 while most of these "amiibros" were nothing more than just a twinkle in their mother's eye. They can try to relive the moment but there is no replacement for upgrading from crappy Atari to the NES on the Christmas of 86 and playing Super Mario bros on your TV. Just like playing it at the local arcade and having 10 kids jumping up and down behind you cheering you on as you shoot bowser with fireballs and beat the game as the arcade manager comes out and shakes your hand. Compare that experience to the mediocre experience of today with kids talking on their headsets not being able to really interact like you could back in the days of the arcade.
Ha, reminds me of a similar experience I had with Super Mario World. Everyone should have one of those moments. But definitely agreed, 'social' gaming has morphed into a pretty horrid creature. I like how Shipwreck pointed it out on the latest CAGcast with a game, "Yes, it is now an advertising point for a game to say 'Single-player also available!' Wow."

I hate to be that guy but you do realize NES/SNES (and I suppose Atari) was the start of the death of arcades right? I mean I prefered the consoles to the arcade a million times over but you have to admit arcades would probably be a bigger deal today if Nintendo hadn't kickstarted the home console market like they did.

Or I suppose Sega would've just taken over lol.
Arcades still flourished even after NES came out because the arcade graphics were still superior. Compare Double Dragon arcade to double dragon on NES or Sega... there is no comparison. You preferred that crappy console version to the arcade version? It wasn't until systems were able to have equivalent graphics to that of the arcade that the arcade truly died.

The brown and red one will be available tomorrow morning. The modern one in the same 8-bit looking box is only avail in japan atm. There are 4 others that were already released that can easily be had at retail price with the exception of gold mario.

Gold mario

Silver mario

Wave 1 mario

Mario that came with mario party 10.

Stand alone mario, same as the one that comes with mario party 10

Dr. Mario - Available at Target for pre-order right now.
Thank you very much. The ones that really struck a chord with me was that 8 bit one and Dr. Mario. I played those games so much when I was a kid. It brought that nostalgia factor when I saw the amiibos. Even though I don't recall a colored 8 bit Mario, I wanted the amiibo just the same. lol

I also agree with a lot of your points.

Thank you very much. The ones that really struck a chord with me was that 8 bit one and Dr. Mario. I played those games so much when I was a kid. It brought that nostalgia factor when I saw the amiibos. Even though I don't recall a colored 8 bit Mario, I wanted the amiibo just the same. lol

I also agree with a lot of your points.
I still play Dr. Mario against many folks from Japan over the Wii. While it doesn't compare to playing Super Mario Bros in the arcade, it is kind of neat to be able to woop someone that lives on the other side of the world.

Arcades still flourished even after NES came out because the arcade graphics were still superior. Compare Double Dragon arcade to double dragon on NES or Sega... there is no comparison. You preferred that crappy console version to the arcade version? It wasn't until systems were able to have equivalent graphics to that of the arcade that the arcade truly died.
Double Dragon on Genesis was pretty faithful to the arcade version, unless you were referring to the Master System version. Regardless your point still stands about arcade games still being superior at the time.

Fighters were the exception, but yeah for a beat-em up like DD I would infinitely prefer consoles. I'm a cheapo by nature (isnt that why we are all here to begin with?) and popping in coin after coin on a game designed to eat your cash wasn't my idea of a good time.

Even with fighters, once the Sega Saturn came out I was pretty much over the arcade.

I guess it varied area by area but the dedicated arcades I was aware of were pretty much dead by the time the N64 rolled out. Now we just have a bar with Pac-Man, Galaga, HotD, and some game where Batman drives around shooting missiles at everything around him lol.

I still play Dr. Mario against many folks from Japan over the Wii. While it doesn't compare to playing Super Mario Bros in the arcade, it is kind of neat to be able to woop someone that lives on the other side of the world.
Are you serious? I thought all Wii games had been offline for a while now. Dr. Mario still being up would be big news to me.

Last edited:
My local Gamestop got some of the Splatoon 3 packs in. They wouldn't sell it to me though, was told they were to be sold along with the new releases tomorrow.

Edit: 3 pack is also available on gamestops website

Double Dragon on the genesis brings back such fond memories. Remember beating it with my sister and having to fight over the women. Ahhhh good times.

Ah, arcades...There's still an arcade of sorts by my house.
It's really an indoor amusement park for kids, but they have a HUGE selection of arcade cabinets.
In highschool I use to go there with a group of my friends, get a bucket of tokens, and vs. each other on Soul Caliber 2, Marvel vs. Capcom, highest score in Donkey Kong/Space Invaders/Pacman, ect.

I miss doing that, but it would probably be a little weird to go in there as actual adults...the games are in the middle of all the kid's rides so..yeah.

A lesson to all who disrespect the color scheme of classic Mario.
Eh. I'll be 44 in a month and a half & had an effing Pong machine that required 4 "D" batteries a few years before the 2600 was released. No need to school me about my feelings of the bloody stool colored classic Mario. It's exactly what I stated, an opinion. He was ugly then and is ugly now. ;)

It's really an indoor amusement park for kids, but they have a HUGE selection of arcade cabinets.
In highschool I use to go there with a group of my friends, get a bucket of tokens, and vs. each other on Soul Caliber 2, Marvel vs. Capcom, highest score in Donkey Kong/Space Invaders/Pacman, ect.

I miss doing that, but it would probably be a little weird to go in there as actual adults...the games are in the middle of all the kid's rides so..yeah.
There's a place like that near me. Luckily I have a 4 year old so I can be in there ha ha. Sadly they don't have all the newer games like Batman, Transformers, Star Wars, and Mario Kart but I at least get to play some Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tekken 4 & 5, and Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. I'd either have to go to Dave & Busters or down the shore to play the newer stuff.

One of my silly adult dreams is to build one of those emulator arcade cabinets for my future home.

I miss going to arcades and playing actual good games (Stuff like Sunset Riders, Simpsons, MvC/Street Fighter, Metal Slug, Neo Geo compilations, Die Hard, etc). Used to have an amazing one back when I lived in VA, but they closed down and relocated and turned into a Jillians/D&B Knockoff.

I found a D&B nearby that had one of those emulator machines with tons of games built in (They had insane stuff too, like Captain Commando, those Megaman fighting games, Street Fighter 2 and 3 Alpha's), but it mysteriously went missing after a couple of visits.

I'd think being someplace like that would be more embarrassing for a HSer than an actual adult. If by some 1 in a million chance somebody does give you some lip just call them a stupid bastard/bitch or make some joke about slutty single moms and go back to your game. I wouldn't let a little thing like social awkwardness keep me from games like that if I was lucky enough to have a place like that near me.

Last edited:
I'd think being someplace like that would be more embarrassing for a HSer than an actual adult. If by some 1 in a million chance somebody does give you some lip just call them a stupid bastard/bitch or make some joke about slutty single moms and go back to your game. I wouldn't let a little thing like social awkwardness keep me from games like that if I was lucky enough to have a place like that near me.
Sounds like a nice way to see the back of a cop car/getting banned from arcade heaven.

Sounds like a nice way to see the back of a cop car/getting banned from arcade heaven.
Lol maybe. Those single moms do get crazy when you say that to them and they aren't afraid to attack a man.

Last edited:
Where do you live that calling someone names results in being arrested or banned from an arcade?
Well if someone went up to you, chances are you were already being/looking somewhat shady around young kids. I think the last thing you'd want to do in that situation is start insulting your accuser and the already on edge mothers nearby.

Anyone know of a place I can get a Robin and Greninja for a reasonable price?
They are the only 2 I have left that I want to get, but cannot seem to find them without paying a huge scalpers fee.

Where do you live that calling someone names results in being arrested or banned from an arcade?
Being arrested seems a bit extreme but I think a place like that full of mothers and kids would tend to side with them vs the older male there without any kids. Sadly the way of the world nowadays. I've seen places with signs that say you have to have a kid with you just to be there. Sometimes if I stop at the library to pick up some books in the kids section for my son and he's not with me, I've noticed that the person working there will be quick to ask if they can help me with something. You know stuff like that doesn't happen if it was a woman alone. Just because I drive a windowless van and always have free candy to hand out, it doesn't mean I'm up to something sinister.

There's a place like that near me. Luckily I have a 4 year old so I can be in there ha ha.
Lucky! :p Haha, but hey at least you have options. By my apt. in NJ, there is a small arcade in a go kart place around 30 mins away, while the Dave and Busters is about 40 mins away in Philly.
Not as conveniently located as the one back home in NY, which is 15 mins from my house.

The first time I went, we were 14, it was a little awkward and I was surprised my friends suggested going there. However, the moment we played Soul Calibour 2 for the first time that awkwardness went away immediately and it became a tradition.
As a teenager, we got looked over once and that was it. As an adult, I'm sure parents would be awkwardly keeping their children close. No one would say anything to me probably, but people would be looking at me like a child predator. I'm visiting back home in October though, so I think I'll gather some friends and go back once more for old time's sake.

Lucky! :p Haha, but hey at least you have options. By my apt. in NJ, there is a small arcade in a go kart place around 30 mins away, while the Dave and Busters is about 40 mins away in Philly.
Not as conveniently located as the one back home in NY, which is 15 mins from my house.
I'm actually in NJ as well but it sounds like I'm a little closer to Philly than you, as I'm only about 15-20 minutes away. I usually take my son to Tilt, which is in the old Echelon Mall now called Voorhees Town Center. It's hardly ever crowded as many people don't shop there. Outside of that, I usually have to wait until we are in Ocean City or Wildwood to play all the good stuff as I don't get to D&B much.

Just checked the Brickseek Numbers for Targets. Why the heck are most stores only getting 3-4 Classic Mario's?

Its freaking Mario, how could you possibly underproduce your own mascot. (On the same day their super hyped game releases too)

Double Dragon on Genesis was pretty faithful to the arcade version, unless you were referring to the Master System version. Regardless your point still stands about arcade games still being superior at the time.
Yeah, I think he was referring to SMS, since he referenced NES. The cool thing about the relative lack of power of the home systems in that era was that they didn't give us just straight arcade ports, they actually tailored the IPs to a console instead of a coin-sucking arcade game; I liked the NES double dragon, ninja gaiden, rygar, strider, bionic commando, etc. rpg-like experiences.

While the Genesis and SNES got closer on their initial launches, I remember that super expensive Strider Genesis cart being a milestone.

Just checked the Brickseek Numbers for Targets. Why the heck are most stores only getting 3-4 Classic Mario's?

Its freaking Mario, how could you possibly underproduce your own mascot. (On the same day their super hyped game releases too)
I thought that odd as well but then again I missed out on Gold Mario so I guess even Mario isn't safe from the craze. Luckily for me this time I ordered 8-bit Mario online when it popped up during that window on Target.com

I thought that odd as well but then again I missed out on Gold Mario so I guess even Mario isn't safe from the craze. Luckily for me this time I ordered 8-bit Mario online when it popped up during that window on Target.com
Yeah, I missed the window. Hoping to either grab it at Meijer tonight or for it to pop up online somewhere.

Otherwise I might skip Target and just camp Gamestop/Best Buy tomorrow.

Yeah, I missed the window. Hoping to either grab it at Meijer tonight or for it to pop up online somewhere.

Otherwise I might skip Target and just camp Gamestop/Best Buy tomorrow.
I'd be surprised if the figures don't show up on the sites at some point tomorrow (besides Amazon that is which is doing that 1 figure at a time thing again)

I noticed a considerably lower amount for all of them at various Target locations. The one closest to me has 28 each of Ganondorf, Mario, Samus, and Olimar but all of the other 10+ locations in a 10 mile radius have anywhere from 0-12 each - with most only having 3-4. It's not just Mario.

I'm actually in NJ as well but it sounds like I'm a little closer to Philly than you, as I'm only about 15-20 minutes away. I usually take my son to Tilt, which is in the old Echelon Mall now called Voorhees Town Center. It's hardly ever crowded as many people don't shop there. Outside of that, I usually have to wait until we are in Ocean City or Wildwood to play all the good stuff as I don't get to D&B much.
I think we probably live in the same area, it's just to get to the Dave and Busters you have to take a lot of side streets in Philly. Lots of traffic lights, and one way roads, so it takes awhile to get there. There's probably a faster way...I only went once years ago.
I actually know where that is (Vorhees Town Center), I went to the movies around there once. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days,
I don't go to D&B...like ever. It's too far, and the one back home closed. I did really like it, but it's pretty expensive. Only went to the one in Philly to see if I could get enough tickets to win a guitar (I did).
All this talk about arcades is really making me want go back though heh.

I noticed a considerably lower amount for all of them at various Target locations. The one closest to me has 28 each of Ganondorf, Mario, Samus, and Olimar but all of the other 10+ locations in a 10 mile radius have anywhere from 0-12 each - with most only having 3-4. It's not just Mario.
Yeah, the stock in general seems odd. The store I go to for every release and one across town seem to be getting the majority of the stock. While the rest are basically getting Wave 3-4 stock levels.

Being arrested seems a bit extreme but I think a place like that full of mothers and kids would tend to side with them vs the older male there without any kids. Sadly the way of the world nowadays. I've seen places with signs that say you have to have a kid with you just to be there. Sometimes if I stop at the library to pick up some books in the kids section for my son and he's not with me, I've noticed that the person working there will be quick to ask if they can help me with something. You know stuff like that doesn't happen if it was a woman alone. Just because I drive a windowless van and always have free candy to hand out, it doesn't mean I'm up to something sinister.
We live in a very anti-male/pro-female society. That's really all there is to it.

How are you finding the store amounts for these at Target?

Look up the DCPI at target.com and then use Brickseek with your Zip code, Targets should already have received their inventory for tomorrow.
Here's the Brickseek links, just enter your zipcode!

30th Anniversary Classic Mario
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-03-4000

Zero Suit Samus
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-03-4001

Ganondorf
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-03-4002

Olimar
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-03-4003

Dr. Mario
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=207-03-4004

The Target by my work is getting 60 Dr. Mario. I'm kind of surprised by that since they only had 8 Jigglypuff and I was too far back in line for that one. Only 4 8-Bit Mario and Ganondorf and 8 each of Samus and Olimar though. So glad I got them all online. I'd have probably been screwed for all save for Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back