Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to wife her now
Hehe :p

Hey, has anyone had experience ordering from Japan Manga Shop on Amazon?
I just ordered my very first non-USA Amiibo....the Classic Super Mario (Modern) since I don't think Nintendo will be selling it away from the $300 bundle and I'm not crazy enough to buy a second Wii U system just for the Amiibo. I was tempted to buy it for the kick ass box art though. It's stylish!

I thought $26 shipped was decent enough.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014278KPS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s0
There is one left if anyone wants it.

I gotta admit these scaplers/resellers of the 8-bit 30th Mario Modern is getting you guys good... 26 bucks and higher.... Seriously, momma didn't teach patience I see
Seriously wish I knew a quick way to get them from Japan unless I'll be tempted to resell at this point

I gotta admit these scaplers/resellers of the 8-bit 30th Mario Modern is getting you guys good... 26 bucks and higher.... Seriously, momma didn't teach patience I see
Seriously wish I knew a quick way to get them from Japan unless I'll be tempted to resell at this point
Pretty cheap compared to $80+ WFT back when amiibos were hard to get.

If you're a collector, $26 really isn't that much in comparison. Not that I'd pay over MSRP for any amiibo though.

I was pretty bummed when I was only able to pre-order the Dr. Mario Amiibo from Target.com, but on Friday morning I woke up to the sound of my girlfriend walking in with a large Toys R Us bag containing the other 5 which I needed. She rocks! :)

Amiibo5b-01-vgo.jpg
That's really cool bro. You're lucky to have her

I was pretty bummed when I was only able to pre-order the Dr. Mario Amiibo from Target.com, but on Friday morning I woke up to the sound of my girlfriend walking in with a large Toys R Us bag containing the other 5 which I needed. She rocks! :)
Amiibo are 3 for $33 now at Toysrus. Good time to ask if she can go back and get a price match to save some $$$.

Just got my mario from Amazon as well. Slight fray on one corner but gorge besides that. Bigger and heavier than I expected. Makes my mega man look way less mega.

Hey guys, I just got in the amino game with wave 5. Was wondering how hard it is to find some of the older waves? I leaning more towards one like kirby and pit and some others that u don't really see in stores. Mainly want the us versions, but imports are fine if there cheap enough.

So my 8-bit Mario says it was delivered today from Amazon, only it's actually nowhere to be found... And I've been home all day. Checked the door and the mailbox(I live in an townhouse with apartment-style mailboxes). Only thing I can think of is the mail carrier put it in the wrong fucking mailbox. :bomb:

I really hope whoever's mailbox it's in is an honest person, otherwise I'm most likely out of luck.

So my 8-bit Mario says it was delivered today from Amazon, only it's actually nowhere to be found... And I've been home all day. Checked the door and the mailbox(I live in an townhouse with apartment-style mailboxes). Only thing I can think of is the mail carrier put it in the wrong fucking mailbox. :bomb:

I really hope whoever's mailbox it's in is an honest person, otherwise I'm most likely out of luck.
Call the PO or go there before it gets later.

It could show up in the next few days. Sometimes they scan items incorrectly.

Hey guys, I just got in the amino game with wave 5. Was wondering how hard it is to find some of the older waves? I leaning more towards one like kirby and pit and some others that u don't really see in stores. Mainly want the us versions, but imports are fine if there cheap enough.
Importing will probably be your best friend if you're just now getting into it. They're been getting more restocks that we have in the US.

Ganondorf and Classic Mario arrived from Amazon today. Both came in good condition. I'm especially happy with Classic Mario's pixel style and NES coloring.

With Smash Mario, Dr Mario, and Classic Mario in hand, next I want Sunshine Mario with Fludd backpack.

lol... Is classic mario really not selling on the secondary market?
I think it's still selling but scalpers just aren't getting as much as previous waves. I think more people are getting out of the game due to frustration plush I'm sure the scalpers have increased in number. Although 8 bit is still the hardest to get, sounds like a lot of retailers sold out of him first.

I think it's still selling but scalpers just aren't getting as much as previous waves. I think more people are getting out of the game due to frustration plush I'm sure the scalpers have increased in number. Although 8 bit is still the hardest to get, sounds like a lot of retailers sold out of him first.
Scalpers and resellers are getting out the amiibo game since there is very little money to be made. Yeah you can sell an amiibo for $20 - $30 but you're getting very little profit after fees. It just isn't worth the hassle for most.

But it's a great thing b/c Nintendo is actually keeping up with stock so collectors and the like can have a chance of getting them w/o needing to go to eBay, Amazon or camp out for it.

It works for everyone. People who actually want them can get them cheaply and with little hassle. Resellers and scalpers just move on to other items that will actually sell for good money. Though I don't sell amiibos, I saw how much of a hassle it was to sell for others. People did make good money (when you could sell for $60+) but it was a strain for so little product.

Anyways, everyone wins.

8 bit Mario was just released on Friday as well, do we expect Nintendo to push another release of it or are they just doing one manufacturing release and that's it, should I give it a week and see if stores stock it who got a late shipment, or should I pay the eBay price for it? I'm somewhat new to Amiibo collecting so pardon my ignorance.

8 bit Mario was just released on Friday as well, do we expect Nintendo to push another release of it or are they just doing one manufacturing release and that's it, should I give it a week and see if stores stock it who got a late shipment, or should I pay the eBay price for it? I'm somewhat new to Amiibo collecting so pardon my ignorance.
One would think that there will be more. It goes with Mario Maker, their new AAA game that is selling a ton.

But with Nintendo and Amiibo, you truly never know. My 2 cents.

Personally if I really wanted it I would go ahead and buy it if I could find it for $25. I paid $34 for it and zero suit on amazon total since I didn't want to risk trying to find them locally since walmart and gamestop are my only 2 options. Even if you pay double retail I don't think that's too awful for one you really like. Now if you are like a lot of amiibo hunters trying to "catch them all" then I can see how you'd have to really watch your amiibo bucks. My experience with amiibo so far is if you like one, and have the chance to get it at $25, then you best get it because with nintendo one never knows. Trying to find one in the store just isn't worth the trouble, time, gas, work that goes into trying to hunt one of these to save a few bucks.

USPS don't deliver here on Sundays but not sure about where you are at. Anyways I hope it turns up which I'm thinking it will tomorrow.

My friend received my 8 bit classic Mario from Amazon.de friday and end up ordering green and pink yoshi from there as well, with shipping date of October 6th. So my order in the end is 2 classic and 1 modern mario and 2 yoshis. Couldn't order a blue yoshi as it seems it didnt arrive in EU yet. I consider the extra bucks spent in Euro a hassle free purchase for them as I don't have the chance to pursue them in stores or wait for Amazon US to open the orders. 

Call the PO or go there before it gets later.

I tried calling them but honestly didn't get too far.

It could show up in the next few days. Sometimes they scan items incorrectly.
They have been known to scan them when they load up the truck only to deliver the next day.
Thanks... I'm hoping this is the case.

My plan is to stop by the apartment office before work if anyone is there. If not, I plan on leaving a quick note in my mailbox explaining the situation. Since it's Sunday most people aren't going to check their mail, so I'm hoping if it is in the wrong mailbox the mail carrier will rectify the situation before the damage is done. Fingers crossed!

My speculation is that 30th Mario will be like Sheik. Everyone thought that would be rare since Target only got 4 at launch, but a quick re-stock occurred and now it's everywhere. Consider, too, that the Inklings are getting re-stocks (except Squid), and even thought it's new and popular it's not nearly on the same level as Mario nor Nintendo's new Mario Maker game. If you're patient, I think you'll get one.

I was so happy that I got Ganondorf from amazon, but somehow it didn't come with the other amiibo I ordered. I contacted Amazon, but they can't do anything because it's sold out. So now back to looking for Ganondorf. 

My speculation is that 30th Mario will be like Sheik. Everyone thought that would be rare since Target only got 4 at launch, but a quick re-stock occurred and now it's everywhere. Consider, too, that the Inklings are getting re-stocks (except Squid), and even thought it's new and popular it's not nearly on the same level as Mario nor Nintendo's new Mario Maker game. If you're patient, I think you'll get one.
Squid is getting re-stocks in the form of restocked 3 packs. I saw restocked 3 packs at multiple gamestops and a Toys R Us when I was picking up my amiibos on Friday.

Squid is getting re-stocks in the form of restocked 3 packs. I saw restocked 3 packs at multiple gamestops and a Toys R Us when I was picking up my amiibos on Friday.
I can confirm this as well. I went in to Gamestop on Thursday to reserve Xenoblade, and there was a 3-pack sitting on the counter, and he said they got in 3. So not to bad, I'm sure they'll do even more for the holidays. Same should happen for the 30th Mario as well.

I think I did pretty well at Gamestop yesterday taking advantage of the buy 2 get 3 free promotion.  I picked up Princess Peach, Luigi, Inkling Girl, Mario and the Guardians of the Galaxy playset for $24.48.

I think I did pretty well at Gamestop yesterday taking advantage of the buy 2 get 3 free promotion. I picked up Princess Peach, Luigi, Inkling Girl, Mario and the Guardians of the Galaxy playset for $24.48.
My brother went out today and got Sonic, Luigi, Sheik, Megaman and some random Skylander Giant. He was pretty stoked to find those; every time I check online or at any store they do not have anything. : (

I have been hoping this whole b2g3 sale to at least get a base of the fairly common amiibos for cheap but I have had no such luck.

Picked up 3 bowser jr. For $33. My co-worker take 1 for $14 and 2 for myself. Also, i tried get fifa 14 (PS4) for $6.99 but it rang up $29.99. I request price match with toysrus online. The customer service lady logon tru website & scanned the bar code it show $29.99 on sale for $6.99. She call the manager because the price is huge different. The manager show up "oh it not the same game, the case didn't match". I 'm so tired so i left the store. I really hated when i go to the stores with clueless employees & fifa 14 is 2 years old sport game. TRU at independence, MO 64055.

Fred Meyer is full of crap.   MOST of the Amiibo's are on sale for $9.99 (and some like Diddy Kong and Peach are even $6.99).  Even some of the new ones and some rare ones are on sale.  Wii Fit Trainer, which I've never seen anywhere, had the $9.99 tag, as did Villager.   The Inkling Boy (again, never seen and no one here answered whether it was part of the new releases or not) was $9.99.  The Splatoon 3-pack (again, never seen) was on sale for $31.99.  But Olimar, of which they had one left, was still $12.99 and they wouldn't price adjust even though their ad says Amiibos are $9.99 without any "selected varieties" type text.

Anyway, I picked up Peach and Diddy for $7 as I didn't have them yet.

At this point.. I'm not hating on a scapler/resellers anymore, there making way less than they think plus it's not my dumba** buying from them

Are you kidding? No one actually uses amiibo in their video games. The only fun anyone has with them is scalping :)
My son is opening a lot of the ones we just bought and using the in Super Mario Maker.

And that brings me to another issue. What I don't really know is what they all do in different games. I know what they do in SSB, but in most other games they just unlock stuff, right? Is there a web site that lists all the Amiibos and the stuff they do in various games? That actually might influence which ones I get (of the more common ones).

I have no idea what they do in Super Mario Maker but my son thinks every Amiibo unlocks something. That doesn't seem to right to me - guess I could google it... (Edit: looks like they unlock "costumes" that can otherwise be unlocked by doing an in-game challenge).

Still looking for a megaman for $13 retail price. lol i am new to amiibo as i finally broke down and got some cuz 3 for $33 at Toys R us so I grabbed Pacman and bowser jr (2 i wanted) and took silver mario just to get a 3rd one. I wish I now got ZSS but I don't really want it but down the line i may depending on how addicted i get.

I only really want Megaman and Shovel Knight anyway. But ill get chibi robo with zip lash and wyarn yoshi with wooly world... but man that retro 3 pack from gamestop is lookin interesting to me too... argh!

But I refuse to pay more than $13 for ANY of them (namely because i dont have all the money in the world so that's all i want to pay). So if I can't find it for the retail price, then i guess I will not ever get it. I wish I got 30th classic mario only because i didnt know you couldnt unlock his ability by beating 100 mario challenge in Super mario maker, since you can unlock all the amiibo characters simply by playing that mode and beating it on easy. sure they unlock at random and it'll take a while but i plan to play it anyway.

My son is opening a lot of the ones we just bought and using the in Super Mario Maker.

And that brings me to another issue. What I don't really know is what they all do in different games. I know what they do in SSB, but in most other games they just unlock stuff, right? Is there a web site that lists all the Amiibos and the stuff they do in various games? That actually might influence which ones I get (of the more common ones).

I have no idea what they do in Super Mario Maker but my son thinks every Amiibo unlocks something. That doesn't seem to right to me - guess I could google it... (Edit: looks like they unlock "costumes" that can otherwise be unlocked by doing an in-game challenge).
Check out this site:

http://amiibros.com/games.html

It List all games that are amiibo compatible & specifies what they unlock.

Also list future releases that are confirmed to have amiibo support.

So my items from Groupon supposedly shipped on the ninth, but the ups tracking still only says a label has been created. Anyone else get this from ups? I called Groupon but they are insistent that they shipped it

My Splatoon 3-pak is supposed to arrive tomorrow from Target. I hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones that have had them packaged horribly and arrived damaged. I do open my Amiibo, but it's the principle that what I give them my $$$ for should arrive in perfect condition. Will find out tomorrow I guess, if it's damaged in any way I will be giving them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back