Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to remember to not shorten the name like people are doing, calling toys r us and asking about BJs will not go over so well.
That's where I went wrong. I asked the associate if could get a bj at her store and she hung up on me :p

Soooo glad I decided to free my Amiibo from their cardboard and plastic prisons this weekend.  My Gamestop 5b order came and Olimars box is creased, ZSS is a bit mangled, and friggin Gannondorf is loose in the box!

Before this weekend I'd have been pissed.  Now I'm just "ok, let's gut these fuckers" lol.

Soooo glad I decided to free my Amiibo from their cardboard and plastic prisons this weekend. My Gamestop 5b order came and Olimars box is creased, ZSS is a bit mangled, and friggin Gannondorf is loose in the box!

Before this weekend I'd have been pissed. Now I'm just "ok, let's gut these fuckers" lol.
This guy 😅😅😅

My store still has 100 at least.
Wish I lived near your store..the one closest to me has about 5 left..called earlier the lady said she will try hiding it behind the counter til I get there(Which wont be til Friday its the only time I can go) so hopefully they will still have it available)

I think that might be hard to gauge at the moment since there are a few more left to be released.
I meant up until the recent wave.. and maybe the retro 3-pack. I don't want to scalp them for an outrageous price but I could use the money since I'm moving cross country soon. I think asking for some extra money on top for the time, effort, and gas money to get these would be reasonable.

What would you expect someone to pay?

I meant up until the recent wave.. and maybe the retro 3-pack. I don't want to scalp them for an outrageous price but I could use the money since I'm moving cross country soon. I think asking for some extra money on top for the time, effort, and gas money to get these would be reasonable.

What would you expect someone to pay?
If I were you I would just check ebay sold listings to get a rough idea. I'm guessing there are a few others out there that collected the first 4 or so waves and decided to sell. Values may be all over the place though because of the holy trinity reprints. I'm not sure that Villager alone is commanding over $100 anymore.

I got my Dr. Mario amiibo today in the mail from Target..never happened before with any amiibo Ive ordered but the entire back is opened..its an open box..so I called my local Target and they have some left will go on Friday since that is the only time I can go and get another one..ridiculous how they would send something like that in the mail and expect people to keep it

Still had quite a few Pikman and his three flower buddies around BB.

It feels good to have just been able to walk into the stores and buy all this wave of amiibos.

Seems like Reddit imploded. Kinda sad such a huge site has some of the shittiest servers I have seen.
I know, it's fucking ridiculous that they ask for people to donate to the site to keep the servers up. They are making a ton of money off of the biggest idiots on the internet.

Got my Target shipment today and was surprised with the packing. All three were individually bubble wrapped and then sandwich between two different layers of air bags. Very nice job, Target.

Does anyone know if the Japanese Mario Modern Color Amiibo being advertised on the front page for $27 via Amazon Third Party (Prime Eligible). http://ow.ly/SgBiy is regular amiibo sized or???

I'm not a big collector and am curious if this is worth the purchase or not.

I've been out of the loop on the import Amiibo scene. Can someone please tell me:

Is there a UK version of the Super Mario 30th Anniversary (Modern color) figure?

Has anyone seen the Famicom version R.O.B. (red/white) for sale yet?

I've been out of the loop on the import Amiibo scene. Can someone please tell me:

Is there a UK version of the Super Mario 30th Anniversary (Modern color) figure?

Has anyone seen the Famicom version R.O.B. (red/white) for sale yet?
The modern 8 bit Mario seems to be up for preorder now on GAME, though they only deliver to the UK: http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/8-bit-super-mario-modern-colours-amiibo-mario-30th-anniversary-collection-673392/?merchname=hubamiibo-_-character-_-SuperMarioMaker

It also appears to be up for preorder on shopto: http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUAM65-amiibo-modern-mario-8-bit

I don't think it's appeared on the Nintendo UK website or zavvi yet. They'll likely be the cheapest places to get it in the UK. I always preorder on GAME, then cancel if I can get it on the Nintendo UK store.

Edit: I didn't notice you said import. Ignore GAME and Nintendo UK Store (possibly zavvi as well) since they don't deliver internationally. Instead, try ShopTo or all the European Amazon websites (all European amiibo are the same)

Just buy one off eBay for $20. Much easier and cost effective than calling and driving around to different TRU.......
Yeah I agree. In fact last night I purchased a bowser Jr off there for $19.85 total. Said more than 10 available and was at 4 sold when I first found it. After a few mins of trying to decide I went back and 16 had sold so I went ahead and ordered since there's no toys r us close to me. Not too bad paying $7 over retail for a figure that's a store exclusive imo.

If anyone is near Hamburg, NY, this morning the walmart there had ~ six each of zero suit samus, ganon, and olimar. No 8 bit marios other than the wiiu system bundle.

I was able to order blue yoshi and mr game and watch from Amazon.de. So now I have all 3 Yoshis and 3 8bits marios (2 classic and 1 modern).

Pretty happy with purchase (but my wallet is not quite).

Is modern Mario going to be available outside the bundle in the U.S.? I saw his prices on ebay have come down substantially so I'm guessing he is expected to release separate of the bundle. Also, are the target restock #s correct? I mean 11,000 at most of an amiibo is a pretty low # & even if every chain gets similar numbers of restock it's still just a drop in the bucket for such a low priced item in fairly high demand. I must admit Nintendo has appeared to of done a better job with this wave than previous ones. Can't believe I got a bowser jr on ebay last night for $19.85 with it being a toys r us exclusive & one of the coolest amiibos yet imo. Seems they are trying to rectify the problem but it will be a continuing battle with the store exclusives, scalper awareness factor, etc...

Can't believe I got a bowser jr on ebay last night for $19.85 with it being a toys r us exclusive & one of the coolest amiibos yet imo. Seems they are trying to rectify the problem but it will be a continuing battle with the store exclusives, scalper awareness factor, etc...
I almost didn't pick him up, but ever since he made his appearance on Party and subequent "New" Mario's he's really become quite memorable. I agree he is a pretty cool Amiibo I'm glad to have picked up. Even his neckerchief looks rather well done.

I mean even though they seem to be easier to get this way, I wouldn't ever hope that each new Amiibo release would be a store exclusive. That's just WAY too much running around and separate shipping charges. Maybe just for the ones that will obviously be popular (i.e. not rare).

Is modern Mario going to be available outside the bundle in the U.S.? I saw his prices on ebay have come down substantially so I'm guessing he is expected to release separate of the bundle. Also, are the target restock #s correct? I mean 11,000 at most of an amiibo is a pretty low # & even if every chain gets similar numbers of restock it's still just a drop in the bucket for such a low priced item in fairly high demand. I must admit Nintendo has appeared to of done a better job with this wave than previous ones. Can't believe I got a bowser jr on ebay last night for $19.85 with it being a toys r us exclusive & one of the coolest amiibos yet imo. Seems they are trying to rectify the problem but it will be a continuing battle with the store exclusives, scalper awareness factor, etc...
You have to keep in mind that TRU got a massive number of Bowser Jrs. as did Target with Dr. Mario, and apparently Gamestop with the Retro 3 pack. The Retro Pack never sold out, nor did Dr. Mario online. And TRU is doing him in store only, but each store got anywhere from 80-200 depending on the store from what I saw. Price depends greatly on rarity, and if a figure isn't viewed as rare, the price falls to the point where it is pretty much pointless to try and profit from reselling. What's left are people that are just trying to make a little something off people that can't get to a nearby TRU.

I agree on Bowser Jr., his figure is fantastic - I love the character. The one I got I was a little puzzled on the paint on his bib being "sloppy", but then I remembered it is supposed to be sloppy since he drew it trying to make a fierce growling face like his daddy in Sunshine. It's a nice touch.

I have a bunch of duplicates from Target I was going to return but I figured I'd check and see if there were any I could ship to a fellow CAG at cost? It makes no difference to me since like at Target but I didn't know if any were particularly rare (olimar, ganondorf, zero suit, dr Mario, 8 bit Mario and maybe ones platoon pack if my buddy doesn't want it). If people have shipped at cost to other members, please let me know your experience. I'm a little reluctant since I worry about getting scammed or burned (since these have to be shipped) and to that end returning to store is hassle free...

I have a bunch of duplicates from Target I was going to return but I figured I'd check and see if there were any I could ship to a fellow CAG at cost? It makes no difference to me since like at Target but I didn't know if any were particularly rare (olimar, ganondorf, zero suit, dr Mario, 8 bit Mario and maybe ones platoon pack if my buddy doesn't want it). If people have shipped at cost to other members, please let me know your experience. I'm a little reluctant since I worry about getting scammed or burned (since these have to be shipped) and to that end returning to store is hassle free...
I've never been ripped off trading on CAG before but I have been bitched at and annoyed because it literally took more than a day or two to be delivered. Obviously YMMV depending on who you trade with but I've found CAG to be far less pleasant than say ebay or Amazon.... of course scammers on ebay are rampant, I'm sick of buying "new" just to get something that's obviously been opened the package half-assed repaired with tape....

Have you tried meeting people locally, like Craigslist or so? That's probably your best option.

Why do you have a bunch of duplicates from one store anyways?

Last edited:
Really glad I grabbed ZSS & Ganon at work although I already pre ordered it from walmart. I ordered ZSS, Ganon and Olimer from walmart on the 10th. Only Ganon has been shipped out, the others still processing. Grab those instores just in case walmart fucks up on the shipping. 

Got my Target shipment today and was surprised with the packing. All three were individually bubble wrapped and then sandwich between two different layers of air bags. Very nice job, Target.
I received three amiibos from Target..the only one that came bad was Dr. Mario and when I say bad I mean it came in really bad shape, it was open in the back, so I have to go back on Friday and get a replacement..also ZSS from Amazon came dented and a little open at the top..so I have two amiibos that need to be replaced..upsetting since this has never happened before with deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back