Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete sets are bought for much cheaper than buying up all the singles. When buying random packs of whatever it is almost always cheaper to buy a complete set than it is to buy, trade, and build your own set. There is always a substantial discount given when a seller is selling large lots. It is convenient to the seller to sell everything in one transaction. Welcome to collecting just about anything, ever.
Have you looked at prices for complete Series 1? Yeah. $250-$350.

Got my 3 Pack and my Animal Crossing N3DS, so hype. Was chatting with the manager and he told me they only got 1 box of amiibo cards, didn't say he knew of any limit or anything, and offered me first go at them.

I also picked up some amiibo packs, and the retro 3 pack. Manager let me in, and offered me first go at everything! Cards, the retro pack, the new 3DS, bundle, & NFC reader. I have a best buy pre-order for the bundle, and didn't want to take advantage though. Nice guy.
Love the new amiibo (ROB is so detailed), and the cards are really nice.

Went to Meijer and bought 5 amiibo packs, I'm in deep guys!

Plus they have a 10% general merchandise for the next 2 days. So I got them for $5.39 each.

Yeah.. I am. At least down from the initial price. Like with Rosalina, when everyone went and found out they couldn't get her, the price skyrocketed day one and dropped by like 30-40% within a day or two. The day one prices are always driven too high by paranoia.

Have you looked at prices for complete Series 1? Yeah. $250-$350.
Have you looked at the prices for imported singles and added them all up as a point of comparison?

Do you know that you're comparing the retail prices of booster packs for NA cards that release tomorrow with complete sets of imported JP cards that have been out a couple months?

What elessar123 said. That, and you're saying Amiibo prices go down in price a great deal the longer they have been out & harder to find? LoL.
Amiibo prices have gone down the longer they have been out. There have been, and there will continue to be, reprints.

Have you looked at the prices for imported singles and added them all up as a point of comparison?

Do you know that you're comparing the retail prices of booster packs for NA cards that release tomorrow with complete sets of imported JP cards that have been out a couple months?

Amiibo prices have gone down the longer they have been out. There have been, and there will continue to be, reprints.
Don't act like it's not going to cast $250+ to get a complete set by buying NA booster packs. Get real. Also, if they have been out a couple of months in JPN, why are the prices for them not lower than what it's going to cost buying the NA booster packs to complete ones own set? Not to mention... good luck with those card reprints. That logic is complete fail.

I'm waiting to play the game before buying amiibo packs. Hope I don't regret that later but the game has been getting lukewarm reviews at best to the point where I'm not even sure I'm happy I pre-ordered the game at all.

Don't act like it's not going to cast $250+ to get a complete set by buying NA booster packs. Get real. Also, if they have been out a couple of months in JPN, why are the prices for them not lower than what it's going to cost buying the NA booster packs to complete ones own set? Not to mention... good luck with those card reprints. That logic is complete fail.
I'm getting tempted to complete a set and sell it to someone like you.

I hope i dont regret not getting yoshi's wolly world at launch. I felt like that about mario party 10 and it was readily available and I still havent played it.

I know this is an odd question but how thick are the amiibo cards? With the NFC built in they cant be as thin as a normal playing or trading cards?

Ok I bought two boxes of the cards and I still didn't complete a set.

I am 8 cards short!!

I AM EIGHT CARDS fuckING SHORT. I'M NOT BUYING ANYMORE PACKS.

My trade list will be up soon.

I'm going to go pick up my retro pack during my lunch break at work. Should be nice to bring back to work. The school I work for has a gaming club that meets every Friday, so I'm sure the retro pack will be a big hit.

I'm also going to offer my sealed Dr. Mario amiibo as a tourney prize for the Smash winner today.

My GameStop so no nintendo stuff at midnight, (now), but have a feeling they are somehow gonna be empty at opening tomorrow -_-
thats dependent on the particular gamestop, mine generally doesnt to the amiibo release a midnight but since they were doing a midnight for a game and their were alot of people wanting the cards they went ahead and did the cards plus 3 pack release last night

I'll act like it's not going to cost $250 for a complete set. Trading makes it very unnecessary to spend that much money. NOTE: I'm not going to try to get a complete set.

Got the game preordered at BB went ahead and bought 3 packs on Amazon in case these wind up being hard to get, I feel like they will. Hopefully I can snag some at BB later today

Surprised no one's talking about Robin becoming available at Walmart last night around 12:30 am Pacific. Sadly, I'd just gone to bed and ignored my phone notification. :(

Surprised no one's talking about Robin becoming available at Walmart last night around 12:30 am Pacific. Sadly, I'd just gone to bed and ignored my phone notification. :(
Let's not rub salt in that wound. It was barely available, and it looks like Wal-Mart is jacking up their prices to compete with Toys R Us for shittiest amiibo retailer. It's a really shitty scenario all around.

It literally sold out in ten minutes after going live. Don't feel bad, we all missed it.
And don't forget, it's Wal-mart. Aside from Ganondorf they failed to supply my entire Wave 5b order..... and I was among the first to pre-order everything. That seems to be a pretty common story around here. Anyways there's a very good chance that 99% of the people who did manage to order Robin from them will never see it.

Last edited:
They're 5.99 in store it's a price mistake
I hope they fix it online soon. I would prefer to buy from Target instead of GameStop since Target has the 5% discount and they both have free shipping. Not sure if Target will have a limit or not and no idea how long GameStop will have the packs in stock online.

Wait, i got a question, will these eventually have all of the characters including Smash characters also??

Or just the AC characters.

I'm guessing they will have all of them, but just wanna clear this out.

Just came back from BB got the bundle, and another pack. Accidentally bought 4 packs with GCU (my dad used it to get me 3, as he didn't know I ordered one for pick-up) so I guess I'll find out if there's a limit on them soon enough lol...

Just came back from BB got the bundle, and another pack. Accidentally bought 4 packs with GCU (my dad used it to get me 3, as he didn't know I ordered one for pick-up) so I guess I'll find out if there's a limit on them soon enough lol...
I also bought 4 with GCU (3 in store, one online) but I doubt they will impose limits since the purpose of the cards is to collect as many as you can. If they do I'll just return one of the packs.

For those looking for the Amiibo Classic 3 pack figures, I just got back from the ghetto Long Beach store and they had about 10 sets behind the counter. The guy say they only had a couple of pre-orders on them. They had about 10 of the Animal Crossing game too but not many of the card packs. Hope this helps with anyone looking for them on the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back