Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I go to a Gamestop there's always a couple trashy looking people that smell bad.
I had a weird encounter there tonight. Gotta say it's first time I've ever been hissed at. Guess I deserved it though since I was ever so slightly in the aisle and messing around on my phone instead on paying attention. Still, an "excuse me" would suffice. She ended up walking directly over to the amiibo section! XD

I wish I were making it up. The whole thing was awkward.

Edit:

For those who were paying attention back then, how many months did it take for the Mario, Luigi, and Peach edition wiimotes to go on sale? And what was the best price before they disappeared? Like $25 or closer to $35?

I'm considering holding off on Yoshi, Bowser, and Toad edition wiimotes. However, because they are supposed "Gamestop Exclusives," I'm not sure how safe it is to wait.

I'm also looking at the Samus and ZSS fight pads from PDP and the gold Link battle pad from Hori, but I can't manage all that until they hit closer to $15 a piece. Seen any good deals on them?

I had a weird encounter there tonight. Gotta say it's first time I've ever been hissed at. Guess I deserved it though since I was ever so slightly in the aisle and messing around on my phone instead on paying attention. Still, an "excuse me" would suffice. She ended up walking directly over to the amiibo section! XD

I wish I were making it up. The whole thing was awkward.
Was she a snake? Its tricky when they wear human clothing.

Not bad..Got three packs at Target and these are what I got..
1 Deena
1 Puck
1 Al
2 Redd
1 Benjamin
1 Roscoe
1 Joan
1 Clay
2 Flurry
1 Henry
2 Poppy
2 Jitters
2 Portia
So all and all not so bad, was expecting worse..I dont own the game yet but was wondering how exactly do I use the game with the cards..

So apparently I preordered the AC bundle from Amazon (was only $35.99 for some reason, had -$7 prime savings listed twice on the order) and forgot to cancel it. Only wanted the card in it anyway but my girlfriend got the mail and saw it and asked if she could play the game so I'm keeping it and calling it a win.

If you collecting ac cards you must pick up a free poster at gamestop on the back poster list all the cards or packs. I'm not into this madness again. Animal crossing = trap team.

Redditor found Little Macs and Foxes at a TRU in NJ. Didn't find much today but saw a bunch of Olimar and Zero Suit Samus at almost every store I went to (Best Buys, Game stops)
It was the Deptford TRU. I was able to get a Little Mac finally. I already have Fox. None of the other characters were there though. The Burlington TRU had one Captain Falcon when I went there but none of the others. The Falcon had a smear on the plastic though.

picked up the last Capt falcon at TRU. All figures are B1G1 40% off including sky landers

I've been hooked on Mario Maker & decided to try some of my amiibo out with the game. I was pleasantly surprised when I scanned my gold Mario and a little gold 8 bit Mario appeared with these sparkly's flying off of him with this cool little sound effect. God I love this game & amiibo.

P.S. Someday if things go well I will get a mii fighter amiibo and cut the head off replacing it with an old He-man action figure head to represent my He-man Mii accurately. BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!!

Every time I go to a Gamestop there's always a couple trashy looking people that smell bad.
True gamers don't have time to bathe, there's far more important things to do. Statistics have shown that the average amount of time it takes to shower the typical gamer can unlock at least 1 trophy/achievement. Power to the players.

I've been hooked on Mario Maker & decided to try some of my amiibo out with the game. I was pleasantly surprised when I scanned my gold Mario and a little gold 8 bit Mario appeared with these sparkly's flying off of him with this cool little sound effect. God I love this game & amiibo.

P.S. Someday if things go well I will get a mii fighter amiibo and cut the head off replacing it with an old He-man action figure head to represent my He-man Mii accurately. BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!!
Thank you for taking the plunge I just cannot do with my NIB Gold Mario I been wondering what that amiibo does in Mario Maker

PA here I went to TRU Little Mac wasn't even listed buy their was plenty of Splatoon boy and girl along with Bowser Jr and maybe a few Capt Falcon

I missed shulk, fuck
shulk is in stock on gs.com?

Edit: looks like gone now
Ahhhh!!!! I missed him again!!! that's the #1 amiibo I really want!
I missed shulk, fuck
I have a feeling Shulk will be re-stocked when Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out. I'm not even sure if it will have amiibo capabilities but you would think they would re-stock it around that time. We can only hope...

Well grabbed 3 packs of this new AC cards to see what I get. I have some extras and one SP extra to trade, Got link in my sig. =)

Wonder how bad this collection stuff will be heh. I just want a few key ones. =)

Got my call Thursday. Won't be in until this afternoon so hope it's still there. I'd call the store you preordered at.
I never got my call, but I just called them and they're already in. I've preordered stuff at Gamestop before and actually had them receive it, not let me know, and then sell out (before the 2-day grace period was up), so I was starting to get a little ancy.

I also bought it from a Gamestop that insisted that I pay it off in full, so I don't want them pulling any more sneaky crap on me :lol:

I bought a full booster box of cards from Best Buy yesterday.  Bad impulse purchase.  I came home and saw the game got poor scores, read a couple reviews and they sounded really bad.  So I went back and returned them all later, including the game and the NFC reader.

I knew I shouldn't buy these cards and I went and bought them anyways.  Now I know I have an amiibo problem. 

It's odd for Nintendo to have a huge miss like this with one of their flagship first party titles.

I bought a full booster box of cards from Best Buy yesterday. Bad impulse purchase. I came home and saw the game got poor scores, read a couple reviews and they sounded really bad. So I went back and returned them all later, including the game and the NFC reader.

I knew I shouldn't buy these cards and I went and bought them anyways. Now I know I have an amiibo problem.

It's odd for Nintendo to have a huge miss like this with one of their flagship first party titles.
The game looked like a big disappointment since the first time it was shown off. I want a full on successor to Animal Crossing 3DS preferably on Wii U

The game looked like a big disappointment since the first time it was shown off. I want a full on successor to Animal Crossing 3DS preferably on Wii U
The next one is a free-to-play board game that's reliant on Amiibos, so don't hold your breath. Animal Crossing's going down the microtransaction path, and this isn't the first time (the Gamecube had an entire set of e-Reader cards).

I might have tried out Happy Home Designer, but it sounds like a mobile game with a $40 price tag. Hahahahahaha no thanks.

The next one is a free-to-play board game that's reliant on Amiibos, so don't hold your breath. Animal Crossing's going down the microtransaction path, and this isn't the first time (the Gamecube had an entire set of e-Reader cards).

I might have tried out Happy Home Designer, but it sounds like a mobile game with a $40 price tag. Hahahahahaha no thanks.
I didn't know it was free to play well I will check it out then but I had known about it and had no interest till learning that. Still its not what I was expecting watching E3. I can still hope a little bit that theirs a good one on the way.

Well grabbed 3 packs of this new AC cards to see what I get. I have some extras and one SP extra to trade, Got link in my sig. =)

Wonder how bad this collection stuff will be heh. I just want a few key ones. =)
Off topic question, but how does someone put links in their signature? I wouldn't mind putting a link to my trade items available. Thanks to anyone that can help with this.

Picked up my Retro 3-Pack pre-orders yesterday at lunch. Opened one of them this morning. Love having R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game & Watch on my shelf.

I held off on Animal Crossing. I had an idea that the base game wouldn't be worth going out and snagging immediately. And I'm not really in a hurry to pick up cards. I'll stick to the little statues, thank you. I was very tempted by the 3DS bundle, I've been wanting one of the smaller New 3DS models. But I would prefer a normal one, and not an Animal Crossing Pack-in.

I bought a full booster box of cards from Best Buy yesterday. Bad impulse purchase. I came home and saw the game got poor scores, read a couple reviews and they sounded really bad. So I went back and returned them all later, including the game and the NFC reader.

I knew I shouldn't buy these cards and I went and bought them anyways. Now I know I have an amiibo problem.

While I may admit buying the full booster box is a bad idea.. unless you get tons of isabelle or nook which seem to sell good on ebay...

The game itself did not get really bad reviews.... Im playing it too and its actually quite time killingly fun and at least you have a purpose to do in the game vs open game play same ol same ol.. Its nice to see them work to branch out aspects of the game and Nintendo is collecting info (if you give them permission) on the gameplay you do to research future stuff on it. So yea, I dont regret getting it.

So yea, I dont regret getting it.
I'm with you. I was really unsure how I'd feel once I got the game. I dig how bite-sized play sessions can be. I sunk hundreds of ours into New Leaf, but the stress of Villagers leaving for no damned reason has burned me out pretty hard. Regardless of not having the more personal interaction with them, I'm pretty into the town building aspect of this one.

I just got a call from my local gamestop about the 3 pack, in the past when an amiibo came out I had preordered they called like right away, im guessing because some of those didnt have official release or were restocks. I dont preorder much from them recently (GCU) so i wasnt postive on how they would treat an item that had a release date.

I would say it depends on store the one I preorder from calls me about anything like for the 3 pack they called me on Wednesday to notify me and theirs another gamestop up the hill from that one that calls people for preorders. It's also probably meant for big items.

I got a call from the actual worker not a robot letting me know they were having a midnight for nba if I wanted to pick up the amiibo, though I haven't gotten the robo call in a while

Is the Retro 3 pack the only way we can get those three Amiibos, or will they be released individually as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back