Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
And people accuse me of making up shit.  I didn't specifically ask, but I certainly wasn't told anything about an Ike restock either.  I don't suppose anybody here would have a source would they?

And people accuse me of making up shit. I didn't specifically ask, but I certainly wasn't told anything about an Ike restock either. I don't suppose anybody here would have a source would they?
Sounds like it was a mistake. No Ike at Best Buy this week apparently.

Picked up an inkling girl amiibo which has the indented number
of 30. Does anyone know if this is considered a 2nd print amiibo? The release date of this amiibo has the indented number beginning with 15.

Wow rcer. Slow down,no need to get defensive. I'm not one of those "people who accused you" of making stuff up lol.

I saw Ike mentioned. It was a mistake as when I went to check that post was fixed.

Really the only way they'll have them at open tomorrow is if they got them in stock today. I would suggest a little later tomorrow around 12 or a little before after UPS comes

Wow rcer. Slow down,no need to get defensive. I'm not one of those "people who accused you" of making stuff up lol.

I saw Ike mentioned. It was a mistake as when I went to check that post was fixed.
That comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular lol. No worries, mistakes happen.

Last edited:
Went to Best Buy a little out of my way.  They had the Splatoon 3-pack and the individual boy and girl amiibos.  Surprised to see Zero Suit Samus and Olimar/Pikmin. 

My local Best Buy didn't have any of this stuff when I went. Then again, it was about a week or so ago. 

I returned my boy/girl Splatoon Amiibos today in the hopes I'd run across the 3 pack at some point.  I wasn't aware squid was unavailable standalone when I bought them.

spoonman, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:
I actually like the way they are displayed in the clear plastic holder. I only wish it had a spot for the default one as well so all four could fit. I have them on my bedroom mirror and I really like the 3D effect it creates. :)

Is anyone here also collecting the Famicom color (red/white) R.O.B.? I'd really like to get one, but I can't tell if they are actually out yet or not. The eBay listings of them say they are reserved purchases, but they are showing on Amazon (JPN listings). Any advice on where to buy safely/cheaply? Thanks!
I am with you on Famicon ROB. I want one, too. It does not release until Oct. 29 in Japan. Anybody selling them now are for preorders and you'll get them once released.

I'm personally waiting for them to show up at regular Amazon or Ebay.

Gahhh, I know, I KNOW, it could be worse (here's looking at you DK), but they got Mewtwo sitting on a shot glass. I only just noticed. Still, I'm hoping the plastic at least stays clear.

mewtwo_amiibo.0.0.jpg

I was at the Toys R Us in Schaumburg, IL yesterday to pick up an order unrelated to amiibo, but I did wander by that isle just to see what they had. There were a couple Olimar and maybe 6 Fox left out of anything that would be considered rare. But there was also an older couple trying to check out with 8-10 Fox amiibo at Customer Service. I think they were allowed to buy at least 8 of them.

You could tell the employee wanted to just tell them no, but didn't for some reason.
I think we are the only Schaumburg BB people here. Debating on heading over there now to check if they have Fox. But then again, I would rather have a Falco. But with GCU, why not... You see any others from the recent restock?

Saw about a dozen Little Mac at my local Toys R Us tonight, but I didn't pick up one because I'm hoping Best Buy comes through so I can save like $4 in the process.

Re: Scalpers, I completely blame Nintendo - seems like the companies involved in these shenanigans are always complicit. They might not be outright encouraging it, but they create a vacuum where the scum and villainy just swoop in and settle, like parasites. And ultimately, it's up to Nintendo to keep the animal free of these parasites. Well, they have more effect than counting on millions of customers to outright boycott the higher, scalper prices.

Anyway, I heard the shortages had to do more with the crappy factory (or factories?) Nintendo chose to make these things (that couldn't make enough). Still Nintendo's fault for not switching to another factory (or adding more production), if this is true. All in all, this Amiibo issue teaches me an important lesson: Nintendo does not like money! :lol: They must have heard the complaints (emails, first hand at the Nintendo store, etc), and for the reaction to be THIS SLOW is embarrassing.

I went to Best Buy today while I was in the area and I asked if they would get Shulk tomorrow because I read they would online (I know). She tells me no one online can know their shipments and says she will check when they might get Shulk. She comes back and tells me it's release date is tomorrow.

I might bop into Best Buy tomorrow morning to see what they have, but if its anything like the Animal Crossing cards, they won't be out on the shelf.

Saw two 8-bit Classic Mario amiibo at Target tonight. According to Brickseek, most of the stores in the area had between 2 and 5 in stock.
I haven't been on CAG in a long time and I didn't know about that website, so just wanted to say thanks. I have a Target within 2 miles of me that had one, but out of stock in any others within 50 miles. Lucky me, so I was able to get it tonight. Now to cancel my gamestop order. Thanks.

Re: Scalpers, I completely blame Nintendo - seems like the companies involved in these shenanigans are always complicit. They might not be outright encouraging it, but they create a vacuum where the scum and villainy just swoop in and settle, like parasites. And ultimately, it's up to Nintendo to keep the animal free of these parasites. Well, they have more effect than counting on millions of customers to outright boycott the higher, scalper prices.

Anyway, I heard the shortages had to do more with the crappy factory (or factories?) Nintendo chose to make these things (that couldn't make enough). Still Nintendo's fault for not switching to another factory (or adding more production), if this is true. All in all, this Amiibo issue teaches me an important lesson: Nintendo does not like money! :lol: They must have heard the complaints (emails, first hand at the Nintendo store, etc), and for the reaction to be THIS SLOW is embarrassing.
Right, because Nintendo should just produce hundreds of thousands of Wii Fit Trainers since she's such an iconic Nintendo character :shame:

They produced more of the popular characters that are evergreen sellers. It's silly to argue this, because all everyone says is reseller this and scalp that. It's mostly just lazy people who expect to stroll in and get what they want regardless of how many are produced. I suppose it's mostly children that don't have access to a car (see Reddit).

At the end of the day these are $13 toys. If you actually get upset over this you need to take a step back and rethink your priorities .

Man this re-stock train hasn't made it to TX, stalking store 3 days in a row (probably a waste) but nothing at 2 BBs and 2 TRUs I visited.

Need my 2 Marth, 2 Falcon, 1 Lil Mac!!!

Talked to an employee at the Pasadena, CA Best Buy and they should be getting around 40 Little Macs and over 70 Marths. I didn't check but maybe others as well. Should there tomorrow or Wednesday.

Went into my local Toys R Us and saw about 8 Fox's, 1 Olimar and 1 30th Anniversary Mario and a few random assortments of other amiibo

Right, because Nintendo should just produce hundreds of thousands of Wii Fit Trainers since she's such an iconic Nintendo character :shame:

They produced more of the popular characters that are evergreen sellers. It's silly to argue this, because all everyone says is reseller this and scalp that. It's mostly just lazy people who expect to stroll in and get what they want regardless of how many are produced. I suppose it's mostly children that don't have access to a car (see Reddit).

At the end of the day these are $13 toys. If you actually get upset over this you need to take a step back and rethink your priorities .
Wii Fit Trainer is a poor example, considering how many other Amiibo's are "rare" - plus, what's your explanation for the shelf-warming DK's, Diddy's, Yoshi's, Luigi's, Mario's... (I could go on)? Huh? :p They're much more popular than Wii Fit Trainer, aren't they? Don't the popular characters matter more? (You picked out Wii Fit Trainer to mock me, though).

I'm super glad you enjoy stalking stores, finding truck delivery info, talking to 2-3 employees for relevant info, gathering forum intelligence, and getting to a store before openin - then running up to the Amiibo pegs, and checking out before your local scalper fills his cart, in the desperate hope that all of your pre-planning wasn't a total waste of time... the majority of us do NOT enjoy this. (You already knew that, but I guess your implication is that these are easy enough to get for people who deserve them? :rofl: )

The financial model for these collectible toys is all messed up, and I'm sad to keep seeing it happen to almost anything collectible. Scalpers are making too much money that should be going to Nintendo or the respective property owner. (Your ambivalence isn't even shocking :dunce: ).

The financial model for these collectible toys is all messed up, and I'm sad to keep seeing it happen to almost anything collectible. Scalpers are making too much money that should be going to Nintendo or the respective property owner. (Your ambivalence isn't even shocking :dunce: ).
This is a free market, I fully support our economic model and therefore scalping.

Talked to an employee at the Pasadena, CA Best Buy and they should be getting around 40 Little Macs and over 70 Marths. I didn't check but maybe others as well. Should there tomorrow or Wednesday.
Damn... ill check it out after work tomo. i wanted to call the montebello one too.

Nooooo I'm gonna be in SD until Thurs night ;_; hoping they still have a couple leftover by then...

Lots of stores got stock I'd say go in within the next day or two if you're in CA at least 25+ of the non store exclusive ones and a crapload of marth. For the love of my warehouse buy them lol

I would love to see a 3 pack with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.  Also, a 3 pack with Lucina, Robin, and Marth.

Edit:  4 pack Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Classic Mario, and Olimar is available on Gamestop's website if it hasn't been said already.

Is this 4 pack just 4 separate amiibos or is it like the Splatoon 3 pack and the Retro 3 pack?

I would love to see a 3 pack with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. Also, a 3 pack with Lucina, Robin, and Marth.

Edit: 4 pack Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Classic Mario, and Olimar is available on Gamestop's website if it hasn't been said already.

Is this 4 pack just 4 separate amiibos or is it like the Splatoon 3 pack and the Retro 3 pack?
They are single packs just sold as a group.

I hope I'm either able to get to Best Buy for this supposed Marth restock (at some point), or, the extra supply basically makes him the same price online.  (I live 65 miles round trip from the nearest Best Buy...)

The money is going to Nintendo regardless of if a reseller, scalper, your mom, you, etc buys it. Nintendo (as well as many other companies) do this same model for high demand items. An item is released in limited supply at first to promote it's fake rarity. Than that item magically comes in stock (is produced more) and more people buy it. Which is exactly what is going on right now with amiibo's. You really think Nintendo is losing money, my ass.

Wii Fit Trainer is a poor example, considering how many other Amiibo's are "rare" - plus, what's your explanation for the shelf-warming DK's, Diddy's, Yoshi's, Luigi's, Mario's... (I could go on)? Huh? :p They're much more popular than Wii Fit Trainer, aren't they? Don't the popular characters matter more? (You picked out Wii Fit Trainer to mock me, though).

I'm super glad you enjoy stalking stores, finding truck delivery info, talking to 2-3 employees for relevant info, gathering forum intelligence, and getting to a store before openin - then running up to the Amiibo pegs, and checking out before your local scalper fills his cart, in the desperate hope that all of your pre-planning wasn't a total waste of time... the majority of us do NOT enjoy this. (You already knew that, but I guess your implication is that these are easy enough to get for people who deserve them? :rofl: )

Those are called "ever green" characters. Nintendo specifically makes more of them because they are well known characters that appeal to consumers who don't even play Amiibo-focused games. Sure, they at times can over estimate demand for a character, but they print more because they have statistics that show they will sell. Villager is not a huge character. Fox' last game wasn't a hit on the 3DS so why print a ton? Little Mac is from what, 2 games? All the other apparent "rare" figures are niche characters. Store exclusives bank Nintendo serious money, so if you don't like that, oh well.

I don't waste much time getting retailer info. I don't talk to employees and I don't travel for toys. I'm an adult - I will pre-order at home or simply wait till I find them. I do go to Targets on 'opening day' just because I am already there getting coffee - but I don't go out of my way to get a $13 toy. I couldn't find Modern Mario at Target and...it popped up on Amazon later that day. I've since seen him multiple times during normal shopping visits. No stalking required.

Nintendo is making exactly what they are asking - $13 MSRP. If someone sells a toy for $25 that is not hurting Nintendo in any way. Idiots will buy stuff at a markup because they are lazy or they think something is "rare". I sell stuff all the time at a markup. Many people here do as well, you guys just don't consider it "scalping".

Again, a $13 toy. If you get so angry about the situation you need to re-think your priorities. Nintendo just re-printed a ton of figures most of which will be peg warmers now that they are not "rare". The bubble has burst, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back