Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Called my Best Buy and their trucks come in today and the stuff does not go out on shelves until tomorrow. Looks like I will be waiting until tomorrow.. womp womp womp

Wii Fit Trainer is a poor example, considering how many other Amiibo's are "rare" - plus, what's your explanation for the shelf-warming DK's, Diddy's, Yoshi's, Luigi's, Mario's... (I could go on)? Huh? :p They're much more popular than Wii Fit Trainer, aren't they? Don't the popular characters matter more? (You picked out Wii Fit Trainer to mock me, though).

I'm super glad you enjoy stalking stores, finding truck delivery info, talking to 2-3 employees for relevant info, gathering forum intelligence, and getting to a store before openin - then running up to the Amiibo pegs, and checking out before your local scalper fills his cart, in the desperate hope that all of your pre-planning wasn't a total waste of time... the majority of us do NOT enjoy this. (You already knew that, but I guess your implication is that these are easy enough to get for people who deserve them? :rofl: )

The financial model for these collectible toys is all messed up, and I'm sad to keep seeing it happen to almost anything collectible. Scalpers are making too much money that should be going to Nintendo or the respective property owner. (Your ambivalence isn't even shocking :dunce: ).
I doubt anyone will argue WFT is more recognizable than Mario or Luigi, but Yoshi and the DK's? I don't know, but it's entirely possible. Hasn't Wii Fit had more sales than any recent DK game? I'd also argue she's certainly more iconic than the generic Fire Emblem swordsmen, Shulk, Fox, Samus, ect.... I'd even argue she's more recognizable than Link as far as the average person is concerned. It's hard to understate the impact Wii Fit had on not just the industry but modern culture in general.

FWIW Wii Fit Trainer was the only one I bought at launch. I always intended to get them all eventually if I was satisfied with the quality and gameplay that WFT provided..... but I picked her first because she was my favorite. Not just out of the amiibo released but every character in the game.

I should have realized then when I had to drive all over town to find her what I was getting into. sigh. Nintendo shit is never worth collecting..... just too much work.

I guess the point is WFT is hardly a poor example, she has her fair share of fans out there. Plenty of people started gaming with Wii Fit, and she's certainly had more/better exposure since her debut than some of the SSB roster. In short, WFT is a big deal :)

Last edited:
[quote name="psunami" post="12955510" timestamp="1444151741"]I was able to pick up a Shulk in Duluth, GA today. That made me happy since Gamestop screwed up my order twice for it. [/quote]
Did they have Marth or dark pit?

That was a worthwhile trip: got Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Fox, and Marth at BB. They had maybe a half dozen of each. The employee also said they had some Greninjas in the back, but they couldn't put them on the shelves until the TRU exclusivity ran out, which he believes is either Friday or next Tuesday. No word on Lucario, Dark Pit, or Shulk, though.

I stopped by TRU just for shits and giggles, and they had the same four I bought, but in much greater quantities, plus an entire column full of Greninjas. There were empty single racks for Shulk and Lucario. 

If anyone knows the date TRU loses the exculsivity for Greninja (and perhaps other exclusives), that would be very useful information.  

That was a worthwhile trip: got Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Fox, and Marth at BB. They had maybe a half dozen of each. The employee also said they had some Greninjas in the back, but they couldn't put them on the shelves until the TRU exclusivity ran out, which he believes is either Friday or next Tuesday. No word on Lucario, Dark Pit, or Shulk, though.

I stopped by TRU just for shits and giggles, and they had the same four I bought, but in much greater quantities, plus an entire column full of Greninjas. There were empty single racks for Shulk and Lucario.

If anyone knows the date TRU loses the exculsivity for Greninja (and perhaps other exclusives), that would be very useful information.
Which BB did you go to?

Walked into my best buy. At least 60+ Marths in various places in the gaming area. A good amount of Little Macs, Captain Falcons, Lucario, Shulk were there as well. Also had a few splatoon 3 packs! 

Went to BB a couple of hours ago, and happily walked into the amiibo isle to find several Shulks & Marths. Bought both.
For all my fellow long islander's this was the Levittown BB, and as of around 11:30am they had everything except villager (they didn't get him in). I was told they even had a lot more in the back. So if you go and don't see what you need be sure to ask at customer service.

Went to BB a couple of hours ago, and happily walked into the amiibo isle to find several Shulks & Marths. Bought both.
For all my fellow long islander's this was the Levittown BB, and as of around 11:30am they had everything except villager (they didn't get him in). I was told they even had a lot more in the back. So if you go and don't see what you need be sure to ask at customer service.
Cool, i might drop by for a marth. I got a Eu one when they first came out in dec, never seen a NA in the wild,

Restocks hit my Best Buy today.  They got 500 amiibos.  20-80ish of each in the picture.   Less of the more recent commons like Charizard, Pac Man, and Olimar.  and much more of the earlier wave rares and exclusives like Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Marth.

IMG_2153_zpsw5qr2nuh.jpg

They are keeping them all up at customer service.  That prevents making a mess on the floor and prevents people from buying them all.

My store is getting 450 on the truck tonight. Definitely want to call around to see when your store gets their next truck.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy amiibo cards. Then I got Happy Home Designer (which is surprisingly fun.)

Now I own 39 of the damn things. (and some doubles.)

Just got back from the toys r us on los feliz/atwater village in so cal. They just restocked with several greninjas and captain falcons if anyone's looking. I believe there were about 10+ or so of both, plus 2 shulks left over.

Some BB associates are so frustrated w/ amiibo. I called two stores in Cbus OH regarding restock. Both stores are large and will receive restocks. The first said no and not sure. The 2nd said they will not receive a restock. These are stores that if it were an in person interaction the associate would be much more helpful. I have all of the amiibo and want to return a couple to TRU to use GCU. I will stop by this evening and see if folks are more helpful.

Some BB associates are so frustrated w/ amiibo. I called two stores in Cbus OH regarding restock. Both stores are large and will receive restocks. The first said no and not sure. The 2nd said they will not receive a restock. These are stores that if it were an in person interaction the associate would be much more helpful. I have all of the amiibo and want to return a couple to TRU to use GCU. I will stop by this evening and see if folks are more helpful.
Tuttle is the store I was talking about getting a massive restock tonight. I would check after 7 or 8 to make sure they aren't still buried in the truck.

Not that I recall. Buy one get one 40% at Toys R Us is what comes to mind.
Also Best Buy had 2 for $20 at one point.

This Best Buy restock may actually stick for a while.  This is much better than that 4 per store bullshit.

I hit up TRU again yesterday and noticed they still had a bunch of the restocks sitting on the pegs.  Good to see the stock is getting much better recently.

Went in today. The very same TRU I was at last Friday, where I picked up one each of Lucario, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Fox and Greninja, has been cleaned out.

Last week there were pretty much a dozen or more of each and fully stocked. Today I go in and there's around 6-8 each of Fox and around 6-8 each of Greninja.

So glad I got mine when I did. I knew this was gonna happen.

Has there ever been a buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 free amiibo deal?
The only B2G1 Free sale I ever recall was the Best Buy B2G1 Free Glitch sale (for PS4 and XB1 games) from last December which accidentally included Amiibos and Pre-Orders. I got Waves 1, 2, and 3 from that glitch. Tho, it wasn't technically free since I ended up selling my soul in exchange because prior to that glitch I didn't care for buying Amiibos let alone collecting them.

East side BB in Wichita, KS had Charizard, lots of Dark Pit, and the Captain. Still looking for the TRU exclusives to finish the collection!

Went in today. The very same TRU I was at last Friday, where I picked up one each of Lucario, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Fox and Greninja, has been cleaned out.

Last week there were pretty much a dozen or more of each and fully stocked. Today I go in and there's around 6-8 each of Fox and around 6-8 each of Greninja.

So glad I got mine when I did. I knew this was gonna happen.
That is expected. Knee jerk reaction to seeing Amiibos that aren't previously common. But given the vast number that are apparently going out, those might well be popping back in the stores via returns when people realize the value is going to bottom out. That's the biggest issue I have with scalping, it is no rick to the reseller - they get to try to sell at a profit and return with zero consequence or cost. The free market works best when there is a downside to counter-balance the equation. Worst case they get banned by TRU/other stores from returns (which apparently is happening these days).

Nintendo is finally hitting it home that they can and will reprint and destroy long term secondary market value. By January you will probably be able to find most without too much effort, similar to other countries. I hope so, I'd love to find a few I missed.

In JAX, FL the BB at Avenues has plenty of everything except Shulk. Saw a bunch of tags for wii fit trainer but none of those yet. Orange Park had nothing out yet.

Nintendo is finally hitting it home that they can and will reprint and destroy long term secondary market value. By January you will probably be able to find most without too much effort, similar to other countries. I hope so, I'd love to find a few I missed.
I'm thinking their strategy will more resemble the Disney Vault - release them with enough on the shelves so that anyone who wants one can get one, but when that time period is over, it will be a while before it comes around again. Of course, these periods will likely be weeks instead of Disney's years, but it will allow them to profit, while at the same time not having a ton of non-moving merchandise on the shelves. LM, CF, and Marth are back on shelves, but previously common Samus, Kirby, and Toon Link are nowhere to be found, nor is Bowser Jr., despite literally half the spaces having been taken up for him at TRU mere weeks ago.

Maybe this has been shown here, but a person on etsy is selling these. Pretty neat especially since they have all of the Smash Bros characters done up.

il_570xN.653980464_5gvl.jpg

il_570xN.654099205_m8ba.jpg

Called my local store and was told the same thing (no restocks) and that it was just "a rumor". Yeah, okay buddy.
Right!?? He said his ups guy wont come with Amiibo till tomorrow then he switched it to next week later on in the conversation. It's okay just to say you're not sure rather than making up wild random dates lol I just smiled and told him to have a good one : - )

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back