Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any semi-reliable method of obtaining a Splatoon 3 pack at retail aside from dumb luck? I see people post about seeing them at random in Best Buys, but I've seen nothing so far.
Nah, but I saw some at Toys R Us when I went to go buy my Bowser Jr. a couple of weeks back. Check there too.

Yeah, but they also take FOREVER to ship. That's the kicker.
IDK, maybe they'd be better for something like this since it's a pre-order.

Seriously buddy, if there's been one exclusive amiibo who's had great availability online, it's Jigglypuff. I'll be the first to call bullshit on somebody who says it's your fault you missed something like Pit because it was available for an hour in the Summer, but Jigglypuff was up for forever. I get it if you are a casual collector or a parent or something but it's hard to imagine anybody who really wanted one not being able to get it from Target.
ue7t9Kw.jpg
Lol, this episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit... Total neglect... Haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x6VtUEB3krY

Is there any semi-reliable method of obtaining a Splatoon 3 pack at retail aside from dumb luck? I see people post about seeing them at random in Best Buys, but I've seen nothing so far.
I just got back from Best Buy here in NYC...they were unloading BOXES of the Splatoon 3 pack...manage to grab one right out of the box. So maybe that's a part of the restock?

I started collecting Amiibos in January. I now have 25. 12 of those I bought in the last month, and of those, 8 were bought in the last week. I'd say Nintendo has been doing better supply wise.

Went to a different Best Buy in my city today and they had Marth, Lucario, Little Mac, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, Charizard, Olimar, and a few others i dont remember as well as the usual suspects Toad, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, etc.

It was so nice to walk into Best Buy this morning and casually pick up Dark Pit, Fox, Falcon, ZSS, and Shulk for 20% off with GCU. I hope amiibo shopping is like this from here on out.

I posted (I think on Reddit) that Altamonte got in a TON of Amiibo (same day everyone but Sanford did). Not sure what they have left, but the evening of the restock they had Shulk, Little Mac, Captain Falcon (the one I needed), Lucario, Greninja, Olimar, Charizard (not many), Dark Pit (lots), etc. There was a big holder for them near where the Amiibo are regularly kept.
Thank you for that info. I wish I could go there, but I don't have my own car atm, so I can't easily just go whenever I want. I bet by the time I do, they'll be gone. Honestly, on release days when I really want something, I ride my bike, usually to Target first, then BestBuy or Toys R Us, depending on exclusives.

Bestbuy in towson, mshad tons of little mac, marth, capt falcon, lucario, zero suit samus, fox and dark pit. If anyone is looking for them.

Walked into a bb in culver city, there for work, and I finally felt what I feels like to see all those nt so long ago rares. So euphoric!!!

They had all but little Mac though, only 1 I needed. They did however, have pegs for wii fit, so gonna keep an eye out for her

Thank you for that info. I wish I could go there, but I don't have my own car atm, so I can't easily just go whenever I want. I bet by the time I do, they'll be gone. Honestly, on release days when I really want something, I ride my bike, usually to Target first, then BestBuy or Toys R Us, depending on exclusives.
Do you want me to pick up characters at cost + tax for you? Just pm me.

Thanks!

I like that some of the rare amiibos seem to be common now. I just buy the ones I like so hopefully I'll be able to buy all of the Fire Emblem ones soon. 

I called a local Best Buy and they put a Shulk on hold for me to pick up that day. They wrote my name on a piece of paper and stapled it to the box. Lol. I'm really glad I'm not a NIB collector.
Well, I'm off to go unlock the Xenoblade Chronicles 3D soundtrack one song a day.

I called a local Best Buy and they put a Shulk on hold for me to pick up that day. They wrote my name on a piece of paper and stapled it to the box. Lol. I'm really glad I'm not a NIB collector.
Well, I'm off to go unlock the Xenoblade Chronicles 3D soundtrack one song a day.
Bestbuy has less shipment on shulk only 4 or 8 units per store. Maybe more on the way.

Any fellow CAGs here in the Raleigh, NC area? If so, have you seen Marth or the Splatoon 3 pack yet? I've been to 5 different Best Buys, and both of our Toys R Us stores this week. Can't find either! SOOO frustrated. I'd be glad to keep an eye out for anyone else looking.

At least I finally did find a few I needed. Would kill for a Baby Bowser!!

Posted on CL about the restocks to stick it to some of these scalpers. :) Can't believe some folks are still trying to get $50 for some of these!

Bubble popped!

Now everyone will stop collecting these because they are not "rare".
No, the only people collecting them will be those that actually want them. It's the scalper bubble that might have burst. I say might because it's still premature to say everything will be widely available. When Villagers, Pits, Robins, Lucinas, and WFTs litter the shelves, then it's official.

Off topic - Going to the hospital - my contractions are about 5 mins. apart. Want to thank everyone on CAG and on the alerts app (I've been absent for a few weeks, so sorry!). If I have down time I'm gonna play Chibi Robo and Happy Home Designer :)

Bubble popped!

Now everyone will stop collecting these because they are not "rare".
I'm curious to see what happens here... the market is clearly flooded now, prices are dropping on basically every figure, even Villager.

Are future waves still doing to see the whole "preorders selling out in minutes" and will people continue to pay high prices for the harder to find figures or just wait for Nintendo to make more? :whistle2:k

Off topic - Going to the hospital - my contractions are about 5 mins. apart. Want to thank everyone on CAG and on the alerts app (I've been absent for a few weeks, so sorry!). If I have down time I'm gonna play Chibi Robo and Happy Home Designer :)
Good luck with the delivery!!!! New tax deduction will be here soon.

Saw an article - latest update has at least two spaces for new characters. With the four DLC all but confirmed as Amiibos, they're not done with Smash yet. Who do you think (or hope) the new arrivals will be? Wailuigi seems a good possibility.

Saw an article - latest update has at least two spaces for new characters. With the four DLC all but confirmed as Amiibos, they're not done with Smash yet. Who do you think (or hope) the new arrivals will be? Wailuigi seems a good possibility.
I'm holding out hope for Isaac from Golden Sun. He would fit into smash well (not to mention the amiibo would be nice as well).

I'm holding out hope for Isaac from Golden Sun. He would fit into smash well (not to mention the amiibo would be nice as well).
I swear, if they add Isaac i'm totally going to flip, The GBA games were so awesome.

The DS one sucked big time though.

Still, that would be awesome...or just give me a true sequel to Golden Sun >_>

Not up on my amiibo news but has there been a word of which ones will be next?

I got chibi robo yesterday from bestbuy. I can squeeze about 3 more in my display case and have all the ones I want released so far.

My 8 year old played Chibirobo yesterday and said he liked it. I just played for 30 minutes. So far the game is fine. Are reviewers expecting Halo, Mario or GOW? It's a fun little platformer and Chibi is cute. His plug/lash is a cool gimmick.

Walked into a bb in culver city, there for work, and I finally felt what I feels like to see all those nt so long ago rares. So euphoric!!!
They had all but little Mac though, only 1 I needed. They did however, have pegs for wii fit, so gonna keep an eye out for her
that used to be the store I'd frequent the most until I moved. your female store managers body is amazing <3

Sorry if it didn't help ya. Better to post than not post. Just in case there were some that might want the bundle for the GCU price, but missed it last time. I would appreciate any contribution you might make in the future. Just post the info.

Did anyone here actually score a TRU reprint Villager (I think it was who Pokechaos posted when the reprint went live)? Did you get a confirmation/shipping notification email yet?

Anybody see anything or hear any news on Samus (not Zero Suit). It's been forever since I've seen her for less than $35 and she hasn't had one restock.

No, the only people collecting them will be those that actually want them. It's the scalper bubble that might have burst. I say might because it's still premature to say everything will be widely available. When Villagers, Pits, Robins, Lucinas, and WFTs litter the shelves, then it's official.
And thank goodness, too. Buying a Shulk for $13 felt so goooooooood

They were in an early build, but 3DS and it's hardware limitations kept them out, since Nintendo wanted both platforms to have the same roster. New 3DS might be able to handle it, but is Nintendo okay with it being available to some, but not all, 3DS systems?
I wouldn't put it past them. There are literally just two games that are New 3DS only: Xenoblade Chronicles and The Binding of Isaac. If they made future Smash DLC N3DS-only, that might drive sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back