Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I found everything but Little Mac at my BB. I'm really happy, my first Amiibo was Wario so I was pretty behind. There are just a few I really want now, but they are pretty rare. (The remaining FE characters, Dedede, Meta Knight, Ness, Rosalina).

I may just get japanese ones at this point, it wouldn't be that spendy. I should really start opening them, the boxes are huge.

Shovel Knight confirmed in the Best Buy system for 12/18, Wheeling, WV area completely stocked with all except Meta Knight.

Sorry if it didn't help ya. Better to post than not post. Just in case there were some that might want the bundle for the GCU price, but missed it last time. I would appreciate any contribution you might make in the future. Just post the info.
Did anyone here actually score a TRU reprint Villager (I think it was who Pokechaos posted when the reprint went live)? Did you get a confirmation/shipping notification email yet?
Haha no, I was actually thanking u. I was able to get the bundle!

Walked into Joliet IL BB, Amiibo section barren.  Started to walk out grumbling how they never have shit, when out of the corner of my eye I see a two sided display up by the registers with all the restocks.  Half of one side was full of Dark Pit, and 2/3 of the back side was all Marth (full pegs).  Got the 2nd to last Lucario and they had a couple Greninjas, but a good amount of Shulk and Charizard were on pegs too.

Now repaint Robbin and Lucina in time for Fire Emblem IF and we good...

If they're asking for $50, they're just sticking it to themselves!
Saw on CL someone trying to get a Vita in trade for Little Mac and one other that just got reissued. He said because they are so rare, it was a worthy trade! LOL I hope nobody gave someone a $200 Vita for 2 Amiibos they could have walked into BB and picked up for $26 ($21 with GCU)!!

Got Shulk at BB today. I really also wanted to grab the Fox and Falcon there but I have other expenses this month that are more important.
Same here ,I agree there are other expenses but I told myself " Sam you've spent so much time and effort hunting these things and now they are in your face, Just go for it sam".

Saw on CL someone trying to get a Vita in trade for Little Mac and one other that just got reissued. He said because they are so rare, it was a worthy trade! LOL I hope nobody gave someone a $200 Vita for 2 Amiibos they could have walked into BB and picked up for $26 ($21 with GCU)!!
Someone will trust me. I work at Auto part stores and so many car flippers get away with selling cars 2-5k above Kelley blue book.

Yay for Perler beads. I was wondering what I was going to do about making stands for Mr. Game and Watch panels I wasn't using, but a circle made of Perler beads with a slot the length of 4-5 beads is sturdy enough to hold them up. 

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="12964383" timestamp="1444640983"]Ok so let me see if I get this straight. On friday target will have pink and blue yoshi and bb will have the mega yoshi? How much is the mega yoshi?[/quote]
Both places will have Pink and Blue Yoshi... Mega Yarn Yoshi is not due for release till Nov.. Well unless you live in Canada, then you can forget the last part

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="12964388" timestamp="1444641652"]ok cool. thanks[/quote]
Welcome, still deciding if I'm getting one... I wish Mega was an different color or had different game functionality (like a mega mushroom effect) then I would certainly be on board but for that price I can buy a big yoshi, open it up, place a yarn yoshi in the foot, sow it back up, and call it a day lol

I haven't kept up with Amiibos in a long time. Are any of these things rare/ valuable/ hard to find anymore? I saw the massive restock at my local Best Buy and am finally tempted to pick up Marth and Shulk...

[quote name="theflicker" post="12964591" timestamp="1444663179"]If it's stocked like Bowser Jr. we should all be fine. Higher price point might also deter some casuals.[/quote]
That's why I'm happy and excited it is weeks ago amiibo alerts told us they had about 90,000 at the DC

Villager up at Toys R Us.
Toysrus confirms exclusivity in the US for Mega Yarn Yoshi, and the restock of Villager. Just when we think we're out of the woods...
Well that stinks. Why TRU? They've been the absolute most difficult for me to get their exclusives (and are also the most expensive!) Villager is STILL the only one I'm missing since Day1 and seems like they're already done with online orders too? Also -- ever since the most recent OS update I haven't gotten any notifications via any of my apps that I track amiibo with, what's up with that? Has anyone seen Villagers in-stores yet or do we have a release date?

Hopefully they stock it like Bowser Jr and give us ample notice what day to get there for!

(edited to sound like less of a whining baby)

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's stocked like Bowser Jr. we should all be fine. Higher price point might also deter some casuals.
Speak for yourself, I am afraid our area wasnt quite like that. I was able to snag a single Bowser Jr for myself, but between opening and 5PM that afternoon some asshat came in and bought out the remaining stock (around 30 or 40). Sucked for my friend why tried to get one after work. That shit was common when amiibo's first hit but TRU is the only scalper-friendly store left nearby when it comes to amiibos. Couple that with the fact that we only have 1 TRU in a 50 mile radius (compared to multiple BB, Target, and GS), and that TRU doesn't seem to be putting any stock online anymore, and things aren't looking good.

And don't even get me started on Lucario and Greninja prior to these restocks.

Oh well, hopefully they will put Villager online without cancelling everybody's order. That would at least save me a significant drive lol.

Last edited:
How do the mii amiibo work anyways?  Can you make them your mii and add hats and shit to them?

Well, that sucks. TRU are horrible when it come to sell amiibo. Amd the closest TRU to me are like 10 miles from here. :/
Not to mention they also charge above MSRP for everything-amiibo related. I fully expect the Mega Yarn Yoshi to sell for $42.99 or possibly even more. Was hoping to use GCU on it because I can't justify paying the price of a full game for it. Oh well, Nintendo's loss (of sale) I guess.

Side note, hope somebody could clear this up.

I preordered Chibirobo on gamestop.com for instore pickup (no money down). Never picked it up, website says I must cancel at the store in person.

Can I just forget about it and not do anything and have no issues? Thanks in advance!

I preordered Chibirobo on gamestop.com for instore pickup (no money down). Never picked it up, website says I must cancel at the store in person.

Can I just forget about it and not do anything and have no issues? Thanks in advance!
Yes, nothing will happen, although if you go back to that store to pick something else up, they may ask if you still want Chibi (assuming it's still in stock).

Did they ever bill your card? Not sure how Gamestop preorders work nowadays when you do them online.

Did they ever bill your card? Not sure how Gamestop preorders work nowadays when you do them online.
I did the same thing. I went in store to cancel it and they told me dont worry about it. I asked about being charged for not picking up and they said they never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back