amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for anyone looking to just have loose copies of the retro 3 pack. GameStop converted a bunch of the packs to used individual skus online. So if you wanted rob or game and watch it might not be a bad deal especially with the buy 2 get 3. I saw that last night at work.

I no longer have two of my amiibos

Is there a way to unlink them on my end?
After you've sold them? No. You can do this before you sell them to clear the data:

1. Scroll to the right and select "amiibo Settings."
  2. Select "Erase amiibo Game Data."
  3. Place the amiibo on the Wii U GamePad's NFC touchpoint, making sure to keep the figure steady.
  4. If the amiibo is not kept steady, or you remove and replace the amiibo, you may get an error message stating that device being used is not an amiibo. If this message is received, tap "OK" and try again.
  5. Review the game data to be deleted. Game data cannot be recovered once it is deleted.
  6. Tap "Delete."
  7. ​You will receive a message when the deletion process is complete.

It finally happened... I can't shake the amiibo itch... So I broke down and bought 8 packs of amoibo cards. Foir series 1 and four series 2. I know they only work on AC Home designer and only 1 card in each pack even has an amiibo card in it.. But man I am addicted.

I need an Amiibo Intervention. It doesn't help that GCU works on the cards too. That just ads more justification in to buying more. Lol

Isn't that how all trading cards like these work?
Yes, and most of us stopped buying trading cards when we were children and we realized it was a never-ending scam with no aftermarket value.

Unless you happen to get in on some rare first editions, of course.

All of the cards in each pack have an NFC chip.
Say WHAATTTT? I thought only the first 17 of each series, those special ones that are all sparkly, were the ones with a chip. the pack says "includes one special NPC card" so i assumed it meant only that one card can be used. What does it mean by "special" then? is it just saying that cuz theyre more rare i guess? Since one one of the 6 cards is one of those? i dunno.

I just need to get some more so i can begin trading with fellow CAGs

Yes, and most of us stopped buying trading cards when we were children and we realized it was a never-ending scam with no aftermarket value.

Unless you happen to get in on some rare first editions, of course.
Huh, I've never really seen any data on who buys trading cards. I'd be interested in your source.

It makes sense for cards that don't have any function but I would have thought trading card games would be mostly purchased by adults due to the cost.

Huh, I've never really seen any data on who buys trading cards. I'd be interested in your source.

It makes sense for cards that don't have any function but I would have thought trading card games would be mostly purchased by adults due to the cost.
They are. Hes just talking out of his ass as usual.

Say WHAATTTT? I thought only the first 17 of each series, those special ones that are all sparkly, were the ones with a chip. the pack says "includes one special NPC card" so i assumed it meant only that one card can be used. What does it mean by "special" then? is it just saying that cuz theyre more rare i guess? Since one one of the 6 cards is one of those? i dunno.

I just need to get some more so i can begin trading with fellow CAGs
lol, no they're not more rare. They're NPCs that's always in everyone's game, not random neighbors like the non-specials.

Maybe someone can help me?

I'm looking for a plastic bin/tub/container with partitions to put my Amiibo and Skylander collection in for storage and moving purposes?

Something like 5-7inches high by a foot or more on each edge.

yea, i preordered at best buy for him and famicom rob... and now i wish i did it on amazon, but i dont know if i can remove them from my order at bestbuy.com solely because i preordered them so i would go over the $35 amount for free shipping. so i dunno if theyd'd make me pay for it, cuz if i could save $1-2 on ryu, famicom ROB, kapp'n and Rover that'd be helpful. lol

Pre-ordered Fami-R.O.B. and Ryu via Amazon.

And yeah, there's less activity in this thread. But that's to be expected, there really hasn't been much news about Amiibo this year so far. The release schedule has been fairly sluggish, and the recent releases haven't had nearly as much supply issues, for various reasons. So a lot of the people out to get amiibos are able to simply get them, without much trouble or hunting. The most recent wave of amiibos all showed up at my door because I pre-ordered all of them from Amazon.

The whole point of checking a thread like this one was to get tips on re-prints or to find out who had stock where. With all of that slowed down considerably, there's not much else to discuss. We all like amiibos, or else we wouldn't be following this thread.

I do find it mildly surprising that the Animal Crossing amiibos haven't been quite as popular as the smash brothers figures. I would have thought that Animal Crossing would appeal to a broader market. It could just be that the broader Animal Crossing fan-base isn't interested in figurines, or possibly because a "proper" Animal Crossing title didn't launch alongside the amiibo line.

I do find it mildly surprising that the Animal Crossing amiibos haven't been quite as popular as the smash brothers figures. I would have thought that Animal Crossing would appeal to a broader market. It could just be that the broader Animal Crossing fan-base isn't interested in figurines, or possibly because a "proper" Animal Crossing title didn't launch alongside the amiibo line.
It's that. The two Animal Crossing games suck. Mostly useless in the 3DS version that's dumbed down mini-game from the previous game, and a board game series that's never been well received.

Probably because both of the Animal Crossing games are shitty.

Nintendo did an all-around horrible job in 2015. It was simply the year of Amiibos.

Probably because both of the Animal Crossing games are shitty.

Nintendo did an all-around horrible job in 2015. It was simply the year of Amiibos.
I wouldn't call it horrible. I'd call it a mixed bag. They launched some great games like Splatoon, Mario Maker, Wooly World, Monster Hunter 4, Ocarina of Time 3D, Xenoblade X, and Xenoblade 3D.

They also had some crap games too like Animal Crossing Wii U, the Home Design Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis Wii U, Chibo Robo (not terrible, but not good either).

Point taken.  I guess my perspective might be a bit skewed.  But I'm very disappointed with the way they've handled Zelda and the Wii U in general.   The new Zelda is most certainly going to launch along side the NX and I bet it will have a simultaneous launch on Wii U.  They've been stringing us along for years with Zelda and it never came to fruition.  The Wii U is a great machine that had a lot of potential but from the start the software support has been both late and absent.  Low sales means no game development.  Sales are low because of corporate missteps that started with an abysmal launch.  It's like they've been trying to recover ever since 2012.  The lack of Metroid is a travesty.  The news that publishers like Ubisoft have finished Wii U games but are unwilling to release them due to low console sales is wild. 

I love my Wii U for what it does.  A few of the games are incredible.  But this generation of the Nintendo TV console was a giant flop any way you slice it.  Nintendo, and Japanese big budget game development in general, has fallen very far behind the curve.

Point taken. I guess my perspective might be a bit skewed. But I'm very disappointed with the way they've handled Zelda and the Wii U in general. The new Zelda is most certainly going to launch along side the NX and I bet it will have a simultaneous launch on Wii U. They've been stringing us along for years with Zelda and it never came to fruition. The Wii U is a great machine that had a lot of potential but from the start the software support has been both late and absent. Low sales means no game development. Sales are low because of corporate missteps that started with an abysmal launch. It's like they've been trying to recover ever since 2012. The lack of Metroid is a travesty. The news that publishers like Ubisoft have finished Wii U games but are unwilling to release them due to low console sales is wild.

I love my Wii U for what it does. A few of the games are incredible. But this generation of the Nintendo TV console was a giant flop any way you slice it. Nintendo, and Japanese big budget game development in general, has fallen very far behind the curve.
I still think the NX is a holiday 2017 launch. Zelda U will hit this year, they need it and it already got a year extra time. I do not think they will risk hitting the market half-cocked again with a console, primarily due to the failures of the WiiU. Trying to do a TV interface with the WiiU without going full force into it (movie/TV purchase options, etc. - like PS/XB) was a huge waste of resources. Lack of distinctive new games to was also a huge failure, they simply won't have enough ready this year.

They figured out with Other M and the response to that 3DS mess last year they cannot simply throw the label on a game for Metroid to succeed. If they are wise, they have Retro back coming up with something to launch the NX. That would be a great launch game, along with a new Mario game (it has been a while) and an upgraded Smash Bros (heard they might be doing a port of the current one with new stuff). Then a new Zelda NX a couple years later, or even remaster this one (they seem to love doing that these days).

I love my Wii U for what it does. A few of the games are incredible. But this generation of the Nintendo TV console was a giant flop any way you slice it. Nintendo, and Japanese big budget game development in general, has fallen very far behind the curve.
I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about the GameCube. A few people even said this about the Wii. But both systems have done very well by me when it comes to collecting their exclusive titles. While most of my other systems tend to be populated with third-party titles, every Nintendo system has a very strong first-party showing. In another two or three years the Wii U will be in the same place as its predecessors, with its more popular titles going for stupid-high amounts on the second-hand market.

And I honestly don't think the NX is going to be what a lot of people are expecting. Most seem to assume that the NX is simply going to be a more powerful Wii U, but possibly without the touchscreen. I don't see that happening. It's entirely possible that the new Zelda won't even be a viable fit for whatever the NX ends up being.

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about the GameCube. A few people even said this about the Wii. But both systems have done very well by me when it comes to collecting their exclusive titles. While most of my other systems tend to be populated with third-party titles, every Nintendo system has a very strong first-party showing. In another two or three years the Wii U will be in the same place as its predecessors, with its more popular titles going for stupid-high amounts on the second-hand market.

And I honestly don't think the NX is going to be what a lot of people are expecting. Most seem to assume that the NX is simply going to be a more powerful Wii U, but possibly without the touchscreen. I don't see that happening. It's entirely possible that the new Zelda won't even be a viable fit for whatever the NX ends up being.
I tend to disagree with this. On both the Gamecube and to a lesser extent the Wii, you had third parties doing niche titles that were unique to the Gamecube and Wii. At this point, the WiiU is almost 100% first party games and frankly, some of Nintendo's recent work on those games has been sloppy. I think the Animal Crossing game on the WiiU is a good example, as is the recent Mario Tennis where the older Gamecube and Wii versions were actually superior games. There will surely be a number of WiiU games that hold their value, but that's not the mark of a good console IMHO.

At this point, the WiiU is almost 100% first party games and frankly, some of Nintendo's recent work on those games has been sloppy.
At this point, this is them in a nut shell^ For all of their talk and double speak, about how they won't follow trends, or do what others or doing, they sure as hell jump in head first to Amiibo and DLC, and FTP.

At least in the past, they where at least good for the main games, but as stated, those main IP's are now hit and miss. When your system is really dependent on 1st party titles, they really should be doing a way better job. When games like Mario & Luigi(which they have generations of experience with), comes out to mixed reviews, you have to ask what is happening over there?

To me personally, they want to do what every body else is doing, but instead of coming out and saying we're following trends, they have to spend years and decades disguising the rip offs so they can seem original. Then, when they finally reveal these ideas, the industry has already moved forward several times over.

Anyone thinking the NX will be anything great, is in denial, as "N" is just no longer capable of leading the industry as they once did. Come on, they are just now talking about a unified account system, and after reading about it, I'm still not sure it will match what others have been doing for close to a decade at this point.

They really need to get back to gaming 101, but they are to far in the hole(as far as the industry go's), to work their way out in any meaningful way. It's really sad to watch.

I have nothing more to add to the current off topic conversation than hoping Intelligent Systems brings their A game to the new Paper Mario Wii U that's rumored to come out this year.  If they can get back to the PM64 / TTYD level of impact and playability, that will justify their 2016 efforts and bring a bit more lasting power to the Wii U if the full on NX doesn't come out until 2017.

God, but then imagine another amiibo line focused on Paper Mario characters...

I have nothing more to add to the current off topic conversation than hoping Intelligent Systems brings their A game to the new Paper Mario Wii U that's rumored to come out this year. If they can get back to the PM64 / TTYD level of impact and playability, that will justify their 2016 efforts and bring a bit more lasting power to the Wii U if the full on NX doesn't come out until 2017.

Hope, those rumors are true, man. They can always make Paper Luigi (based on the stories from his diaries from the N64&GC games). If the playabilty and charm from those games trickle down to the new Wii U adaptation, I think it'll do great.

I have nothing more to add to the current off topic conversation than hoping Intelligent Systems brings their A game to the new Paper Mario Wii U that's rumored to come out this year. If they can get back to the PM64 / TTYD level of impact and playability, that will justify their 2016 efforts and bring a bit more lasting power to the Wii U if the full on NX doesn't come out until 2017.

Honestly, the last few Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi have been lack luster.

Super Paper Mario was fun, but some of the esoteric puzzle answers had me scratching my head and diving for a guide.

The less said about Sticker Star the better

The M&L seem more about hammering home a gimmick, Partners in Time didn't feel good, Bowser I admit is amazing, Dream Team I had to force myself to finish, I've heard Paper Jam is having many of the same problems of Dream/Partners/Sticker

Where's the 20% off Timmy/Tommy? I hate how hit and miss the discount is...
Yeah it's weird as sometimes you'll see the discount at checkout or you'll see the discount when the item actually ships. But either way I got my savings and didn't have to contact Amazon customer service

funny, i thought timmy and tommy nook was supposed to be a target exclusive? meh ill preorder it anyway. something goes wrong and I can always return it.

Amiibo discounts are appearing on checkout instead of saying it at the bottom of the page, unlike games. 

Just proceed to pre-order/buy an amiibo and it appears.

Even if Timmy and Tommy doesn't drop for the 20% off, I'd rather pay $12.99 with no tax (still no tax on amazon here in RI) that goto or preorder one single amiibo at a target. I ordered it and if it changes they'll adjust it by the time it's out.

If anyone is looking for good prices on the standalone figures that are not available in the USA bundles, check out ebay user beatthebomb_au

I just ordered Digby and Isabelle in AU packaging since both of them are packaged as loose characters in the USA Animal Crossing bundle.

Horrible that Nintendo released the stand alone characters in other countries for certain ones but for the states, they are only available in 3 packs.

bread's done
Back