amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucario, and Charizard are restocked on Gamestop.com. I just grabbed one of each. Jigglypuff is still up there too.
I guess the Target-exclusive thing for Jigglypuff was for a limited time only? I haven't been keeping up with Amiibos for a long time now, so this might've been discussed earlier.

I guess the Target-exclusive thing for Jigglypuff was for a limited time only? I haven't been keeping up with Amiibos for a long time now, so this might've been discussed earlier.
Jigglypuff happened this week but good handful of others had their exclusivity expire the past few months: Lucario, Greninja,Shulk, and Lottie to name a few.

You know, I feel weird.

I have tons of Amiibos, but don't have the same connection I have to Skylanders...

I mainly am keeping Amiibos around for functionality, but they really don't have much use.

Has Paluenta ever gotten a restock via Amazon itself? So that they aren't the inflated prices of resellers.

Jiggly has an annoying 1 per order limit on it.
fine by me. i buy them for myself, not to flip for a quick buck. lol After getting Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Lucario, I only have 25 more amiibos to get, and all are the early series releases. It sucks cuz I really want Lucina, Ike, and Robin because I am getting the Fire Emblem Fates special edition with all 3 versions. But nowhere around me has it and I REFUSE to pay over $12.99 for a single amiibo.

I have about 70 now (in only 4 months, yipes!) and I didn't pay a dime more than the MSRP of each one and don't plan to start now. But waiting pays off since sometimes they come back like the case of the 3 i just mentioned, as well as me finding a Dr. Mario to get shipped to store at Target and i had modern 8 bit mario shipped to store for Walmart last week cuz they had that for $9.99.

I don't mind paying the $10.40  at all now for new amiibos with GCU or Prime.  So glad these businesses are finally respecting day1 customers. 

Went to my local Gamestop.  Finally got Charizard.  Saw Lucas and Shovel Knight for the first time there, I did not see Jigglypuff though. 

I'm not sure if this is a typo or not, but the official GameStop twitter account tweeted this: https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/697144727561441281

B2G3 all pre-owned interactive game figures?

That is completely correct. It goes for all Infinity, Skylanders, and amiibo figures. I bought 2 Infinity and 3 Skylanders last week because of the promo.
Wow, that's an amazing deal! I guess that I'll head over to my local GS on Friday to look for some amiibo and Infinity figures :D

Wow, that's an amazing deal! I guess that I'll head over to my local GS on Friday to look for some amiibo and Infinity figures :D
It's actually been going on pretty much since just before Black Friday actually. Might be some gems there now because of the recent 50% bonus they had. Lots of people dumped some amiibo to get up to $9.60 on some of them. If you bought them back through the B2G3 free promo they'd be cheaper than what you bought it for.

I'm not sure if this is a typo or not, but the official GameStop twitter account tweeted this: https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/697144727561441281

B2G3 all pre-owned interactive game figures?
This has been going on for months. It's funny telling people about the promo, "It's Buy 2 Get 3 FREE?!?!?!?!"

I hadn't heard of the promo either.  I should maybe glance at the used amiibo next time I'm there...

OT, but, we're looking for one or two CAGs to play in the Smash Bros. CAG Double tourney.  Either one CAG and their local friend, or, two CAGs teaming up.  Please PM me if you want in.  We're looking at start tomorrow!

I've been to 3 gamestops near me, none of them have a single preowned amiibo. I mean I don't WANT preowned amiibos per se, but I really need Ike, Robin, and Lucina for FE Fates and I don't want to pay a scalper a ridiculous price. Sigh.

I've been to 3 gamestops near me, none of them have a single preowned amiibo. I mean I don't WANT preowned amiibos per se, but I really need Ike, Robin, and Lucina for FE Fates and I don't want to pay a scalper a ridiculous price. Sigh.
Of all of the preowned amiibo to find lying around at GS, do you really think Robin and Lucina will be the ones?

Hmm Ike was reissued as a GameStop exclusive for Black Friday. He was pretty easy to come by then. Might want to try some other locations. I'm hoping they reissue Robin and Lucina. If not for Fates (that ship is sailing) maybe for SMT x FE.

Of all of the preowned amiibo to find lying around at GS, do you really think Robin and Lucina will be the ones?
A man can hope! Ha-ha its cuz I own like 69 of the 99 or so that have, do, and will exist (cloud, corrin, bayonetta, etc..). So I am all set with the Mario's and Luigi's. All I need now are the tough ones like Palutena, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Metaknight, Dedede, Kirby, etc..etc.. Basically series 1 and 2 stuff. The stuff being scalped.

But I remain vigilant that there will be restocks here and there as more games come out using characters from the earlier games. I mean I already got Charizard and Jiggypuff thanks to gamestop having them online which is awesome cuz no store within 100 miles of me has.

A man can hope! Ha-ha its cuz I own like 69 of the 99 or so that have, do, and will exist (cloud, corrin, bayonetta, etc..). So I am all set with the Mario's and Luigi's. All I need now are the tough ones like Palutena, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Metaknight, Dedede, Kirby, etc..etc.. Basically series 1 and 2 stuff. The stuff being scalped.

But I remain vigilant that there will be restocks here and there as more games come out using characters from the earlier games. I mean I already got Charizard and Jiggypuff thanks to gamestop having them online which is awesome cuz no store within 100 miles of me has.
Haha, good luck.

I saw a ton of Ikes at a GS recently, so keep your eyes peeled. Used amiibo are $11.99 anyway, so the savings aren't all that great anyway.

Get the Japan versions on Amazon. $17ish. Same figure. List price plus tax here is $14.

Kirby is rare now? That's kinda weird. He was one of the ones you would see lying around everywhere that no one wanted in the earlier days of Amiibo collecting. But I guess alot of the "commons" from that 1st wave are getting harder to find now. I hear people can't find Samus for a reasonable price anymore either.

I think I have an extra Dedede, but it's probably the "2nd print" version.

Kirby is rare now? That's kinda weird. He was one of the ones you would see lying around everywhere that no one wanted in the earlier days of Amiibo collecting. But I guess alot of the "commons" from that 1st wave are getting harder to find now. I hear people can't find Samus for a reasonable price anymore either.

Well, Samus was always one of the harder to find commons.

But yeah, it's been over a year since a lot of those were first available and new ones are continuously being made. Even once easy to find items eventually becoming scarce is standard fare for these types of things... Stores can't keep valuable shelf space cluttered with these things forever. It's all about the latest and greatest in retail.

Yea I don't care about "2nd print" or restocks. All I want is all USA figures, no Japan or EU/AUS ones. I used to collect action figures but I had to stop when I got into video game collecting (I own over 3,340+ games. Yes that's 3 thousand. Lol) and now amiibos are the best of both worlds!

I said I never would collect them.. But here we are, 70 amiibos deep in 4-5 months time. Lol So yea I want the complete collection but all USA (since my game collection too is all USA; well I do own PAL versions of Soul Blade and Resident Evil 2 for PS1).

I'm not keeping them all in the box or anything, but I still WANT the box, as I plan to use them. I especially need the Fire Emblem ones cuz I am going nuts to play FE Fates and want to do all those games can do.

This is literally all the amiibos I need to own them all not counting the current preorderable ones like: Ryu, famicom ROB, kapp'n, Rover, Timmy/Tommy Nook, etc... And not including unreleased ones like: Bayonetta, Corrin, Cloud. But I have all the ones you can preorder preordered already.

What I need:
Dark Pit
Donkey Kong
Gold Mario
Ike
King Dedede
Kirby
Little Mac
Lucina
Mega Man
Mega Yarn Yoshi
Meta Knight
Ness
Palutena
Pit
Robin
Rosalina & Luma
Samus
Sheik
Shulk
Toon Link
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi (Super Smash Bros series; I already have the Mario party yoshi)

I do have a guy who might hook me up with Dedede and Meta Knight though. As I am looking to pay cost plus shipping for them ($13 + says $3-4 for shipping).

^ What a deal.
No kidding. He wants to pay $16 shipped for things like Gold Mario & Mega Yarn Yoshi not to mention Pit, Robin and Lucina and a bunch of ones you can't find anymore at all. Where is the line forming to get in on that?

Ha-ha yea... I got a bit addicted and carried away in this thread. I guess this is the wrong place for that stuff. Sorry guys. I'll stick to the amiibo thread. Message received, since this is an amiibo deal thread. I'll just be hitting the ol' dusty trail. Thanks. Nothing to see here.

Ha-ha yea... I got a bit addicted and carried away in this thread. I guess this is the wrong place for that stuff. Sorry guys. I'll stick to the amiibo thread. Message received, since this is an amiibo deal thread. I'll just be hitting the ol' dusty trail. Thanks. Nothing to see here.
No worries; we've all been there with amiibo. Try monitoring Amazon marketplace prices for the amiibo you need, especially if region doesn't make a huge difference to you.

fog4qv.jpg

Got really lucky at my local two Gamestops! Got Toon Link and Bowser at the Lyndhurst, NJ location and Sheik and Samus at the Clifton, NJ location. Still surprised I even found them!

fog4qv.jpg

Got really lucky at my local two Gamestops! Got Toon Link and Bowser at the Lyndhurst, NJ location and Sheik and Samus at the Clifton, NJ location. Still surprised I even found them!
Hopefully you bought another toys to life figure to trigger the B2G3f promo

bread's done
Back