amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Value of Mystery Certificate I was e-mailed last night: $5

Value of "we miss you" certificate I was sent almost a week ago: $5

Value of walking into Best Buy and buyng what used to be a $100+ amiibo for less than 50¢: Priceless.

And then I found a random Charizard at Walmart.

Today was a good day.
Which amiibo - was it Marth? More importantly, did you use MasterCard?

Hopefully TRU still has Mii pack. Going to try to use the coupon. I think printing it out might have a better chance in case someone reads it the terms that it must be surrended.

Just wonder for those that used the image on their phone or printed, did you have just the barcode half (right) with the terms or both including the design part (left) that has the valid date and promo bit?

http://i.imgur.com/FT91Vun.jpg

Value of Mystery Certificate I was e-mailed last night: $5

Value of "we miss you" certificate I was sent almost a week ago: $5

Value of walking into Best Buy and buyng what used to be a $100+ amiibo for less than 50¢: Priceless.

And then I found a random Charizard at Walmart.

Today was a good day.
You mean you bought a reprint of an Amiibo that has several differences from the original?

Wow, neat.

Yesterday I used the coupon on Mii fighter pack and associate took the coupon. He is a holiday hire and if he was not supposed to take the coupon he may not have known better.

Sorry dont really know too much about the harder to find Amiibos and my son is slower picking up the more common ones one by one. 

I saw a few Greninja and Lucario at my local Best Buy today are these still rare? If I dont go back and get them today is there a chance I wont see them again before Xmas? Also we got the Splatoon boy and girl ones over the weekend for him at Gamestop is the squid one only available in the three pack?

No one should have a problem with Villager anymore. TrU in For Lauderdale this afternoon.

[attachment=18081:i0000010.jpg]

thanks for having the tru coupon image posted. I was able to use it when I picked up the mii amiibo 3 pack.

if anyone is in the savannah,ga area...the tru on abercorn had 5 of the 3 packs left.

Okay, so seriously, I mght not remember the other online preorders that well, but isn't it a bit unusual for them to not be up yet so close to release? Mewtwo is due next Friday last I checked and all we've gotten so far is that brief window at Walmart.

got Mii pack from TRU with coupon print out. No more AC cards though not sure it would have work on that or any of the "toys" in gaming.

was an actual release date for the Series 2 AC cards announced?  I would think Nintendo has it set same day as AC Festival and amiibo.  I wonder if retailers (mainly Bestbuy) will have Series 1 restocked.

Okay, so seriously, I mght not remember the other online preorders that well, but isn't it a bit unusual for them to not be up yet so close to release? Mewtwo is due next Friday last I checked and all we've gotten so far is that brief window at Walmart.
I've noticed with target that preorders go up a week before. I've seen several preorders at target go up on Fridays at 10am my time. We'll see if this happens this Friday.

You mean you bought a reprint of an Amiibo that has several differences from the original?

Wow, neat.
I had to do a forgot my password thing just so I could come back here to post about how cool and awesome you are. Truly an inspiration to all the kind, polite people of this world.

Toys R Us has been mailing their holiday catalog out. It has a 20% coupon in it works on anything, Nov 1 to Nov 21.

Scanned it for people who didn't get it. Not sure if it will work on amiibos, since it says no video games or hardware, but amiibos aren't really either of those.
Thanks!
Worked great and saved me $7.20 on the Mii Fighters. I printed it out and handed over the coupon. She never questioned it.

ToysRUs_AmiiboMiiFightersCoupon.png

So I saw Shovel Knight at Target yesterday (only 2 copies each of the WiiU and 3DS versions - might be limited), but no sign of the amiibo.  You would think they would launch on the same day.  Has a release date been set yet for it?  Last I heard was a vague December 2015.

So I saw Shovel Knight at Target yesterday (only 2 copies each of the WiiU and 3DS versions - might be limited), but no sign of the amiibo. You would think they would launch on the same day. Has a release date been set yet for it? Last I heard was a vague December 2015.
12/18 according to Best Buys website.

Does anyone know the situation with the US Mewtwo Amiibo?

IIRC it was on Wal-Mart.com for a very short time.
Some people pre-ordered it and then received an email shortly after saying their orders were canceled due to stock shortages.

Are they exclusive to Wal-Mart and if so, will they restock them online, or at the very least, have them in stock in-store on release day?

Follow-up question.....when is the release day for Mewtwo?

Why even have this thread when there's Google?  You can use it to easily find release dates and store locations for all upcoming amiibo.

Last edited:
Charizard was never $100.
I know.

Some people pre-ordered it and then received an email shortly after saying their orders were canceled due to stock shortages.

Are they exclusive to Wal-Mart and if so, will they restock them online, or at the very least, have them in stock in-store on release day?

Follow-up question.....when is the release day for Mewtwo?
A quick google search would have answered your questions. Not exclusive and releases the 13th of this month.
Or look further up on the page where I was asking about the exact same subject.

Then maybe you should change your SN to oblivious, because last I checked you weren't known for anything more than snarky comments and complaining about other users.

Considering you post here like every day, that's a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow, you know?

Last edited:

Just wanted to specify that some people were also able to pre-order theirs on Walmart and NOT have it cancelled. Mine still says its "processing" now like the others I've ordered before from them. Just wanted to mention that so it didn't look like ALL of those "some" people who preordered it had it cancelled.

Thanks to whom ever posted the 20% off at Toys 'r Us, used it today on the mii 3 pack. The surprising thing is I was rung out by a supervisor and he used the coupon with no problems.

bread's done
Back