amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick google search would have answered your questions. Not exclusive and releases the 13th of this month.
Asking Amiibo related questions on here seemed fitting.

I did check Google and it was filled with rumors, wrong release dates, and some posts stating it was a Wal-Mart exclusive.

I know.

Or look further up on the page where I was asking about the exact same subject.
It wasn't on the same page and I didn't have time to scan 44 pages of posts for the answers.

Asking Amiibo related questions on here seemed fitting.

I did check Google and it was filled with rumors, wrong release dates, and some posts stating it was a Wal-Mart exclusive.

It wasn't on the same page and I didn't have time to scan 44 pages of posts for the answers.
I wouldn't worry about it. Some "people" use this thread as a self validation tool, doing nothing put posting snarky comments they somehow think is witty and putting others down while being completely intolerant of other opinions that differ from their own. Post something about amiibos being disc locked content, or mention how the newest Zelda game was a rushed out PoS that simply exists to pad shelves for the holidays, and watch the hate spew as a mass rushes to defend Nintendo's honor from your honest opinion on an anonymous gaming deals forum.

Never mind the facts, such as content on the game disc is being locked until you spend the extra $$$ for an amiibo, or that Tri Force Heroes has a metacritic score in the low 70's (which, if I'm not mistaken, is a record low for the series.... one that looks like it has been padded up in some reviews simply because it has the "pedigree" of having Zelda in the title).

I guess one thinks all these actions somehow gives their lives more value? But in all honesty, why would this person do this, spending insane amounts of time on this site, if his life had any real value?

I do admit he made me laugh though, trying to justify comments like "look it up on google" and "GTFO of my thread" as helpful to the community, especially when are just mostly posting heresay and unconfirmed rumors from Reddit. Yesterday was worth a slight chuckle, and by most measures I am a successful man, so maybe he found just a bit of the value he was looking for after all......

Happy endings! :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it. Some "people" use this thread as a self validation tool, doing nothing put posting snarky comments they somehow think is witty and putting others down while being completely intolerant of other opinions that differ from their own. Post something about amiibos being disc locked content, or mention how the newest Zelda game was a rushed out PoS that simply exists to pad shelves for the holidays, and watch the hate spew as a mass rushes to defend Nintendo's honor from your honest opinion on an anonymous gaming deals forum.

Never mind the facts, such as content on the game disc is being locked until you spend the extra $$$ for an amiibo, or that Tri Force Heroes has a metacritic score in the low 70's (which, if I'm not mistaken, is a record low for the series.... one that looks like it has been padded up in some reviews simply because it has the "pedigree" of having Zelda in the title).

I guess one thinks all these actions somehow gives their lives more value? But in all honesty, why would this person do this, spending insane amounts of time on this site, if his life had any real value?

I do admit he made me laugh though, trying to justify comments like "look it up on google" and "GTFO of my thread" as helpful to the community, especially when are just mostly posting heresay and unconfirmed rumors from Reddit. Yesterday was worth a slight chuckle, and by most measures I am a successful man, so maybe he found just a bit of the value he was looking for after all......

Happy endings! :)
If only we had more insightful contributors out there like rcerboss.

Seems odd to call people out for the same thing you do.
As always, quote me where I did something like that rather than blindly call me a hypocrite. Aside from the one guy who was blatently harassing me to the point he wanted to know where I lived, I have never told anybody to "GTFO", and I have certainly never told anybody to "look it up on Google". IMO if that was a viable answer this thread would have no reason to exist.

Calling people no lifers for being in an Amiibo thread while apparently spending enough time in the thread to know enough about the habits of a random poster.

:face-explosion:

PS. Can't wait for Mewtwo.

As always, quote me where I did something like that rather than blindly call me a hypocrite. Aside from the one guy who was blatently harassing me to the point he wanted to know where I lived, I have never told anybody to "GTFO", and I have certainly never told anybody to "look it up on Google". IMO if that was a viable answer this thread would have no reason to exist.
Your lies have been well documented and every time someone quotes old posts of yours, you launch into some rant about how you are being harassed or misrepresented. Also, for clarity and in the interest of accuracy, I never asked where you lived. I asked where this alleged store you were lying about was located. You refused to tell me because you knew you would have been caught in a lie because other CAGs likely shop there and could have confirmed the actual stock numbers. You attempted to distract from that fact by claiming I was going to contact the manager or travel cross country and visit a random Best Buy in hopes you were there. Frankly, it seems like you are paranoid and a bit of a narcissist, but the fact remains that you have repeatedly used this thread and the previous one to argue and complain and never once provided any helpful information. I've suggested this before and I'll do it again, perhaps you should take all your retiree free time and alleged wealth and do something productive with it instead of cluttering up a board devoted to helping people find good deals on video games and related items.

Calling people no lifers for being in an Amiibo thread while apparently spending enough time in the thread to know enough about the habits of a random poster.

:face-explosion:

PS. Can't wait for Mewtwo.
I guess you got me there :(

All I can say is I am not here every day, or even every week, but you are right that I too must have the problem of being here too much if I recognize these patterns.

:(

At least it will be over soon.... Only a handful of SSBos left. And given the direction the industry has taken I doubt I will buy another console... I am about ready to give up on anything that isnt PC.

Last edited:
Your lies have been well documented and every time someone quotes old posts of yours, you launch into some rant about how you are being harassed or misrepresented. Also, for clarity and in the interest of accuracy, I never asked where you lived. I asked where this alleged store you were lying about was located. You refused to tell me because you knew you would have been caught in a lie because other CAGs likely shop there and could have confirmed the actual stock numbers. You attempted to distract from that fact by claiming I was going to contact the manager or travel cross country and visit a random Best Buy in hopes you were there. Frankly, it seems like you are paranoid and a bit of a narcissist, but the fact remains that you have repeatedly used this thread and the previous one to argue and complain and never once provided any helpful information. I've suggested this before and I'll do it again, perhaps you should take all your retiree free time and alleged wealth and do something productive with it instead of cluttering up a board devoted to helping people find good deals on video games and related items.
I don't know if I'd call it "devoted" considering how often situations like this tend to pop up around here.

So I was just shopping for Amiibos and a very friendly salesperson came up and asked if I needed to find a specific one. I said I was just looking, but after they identified themselves as a Nintendo rep my girlfriend jumped in and asked where we can get the posters they are hanging up in stores. So the rep cheerfully says "Oh, let me go out to the car and I'll get you one".

Came back in the store with a big smile and three free posters. Thanks Nintendo, you're an awesome company that cares about your hardcore nerdy fans. And thanks to the super-cool Nintendo rep for the free swag. Also thanks to my gf for having the nerve to ask a complete stranger for free stuff.

[attachment=18118:20151105_145705_resized.jpg]

How soon can we expect a restock of the Mii Fighters? I was working in the morning and by the time I tried to pick them up at 6 they were gone.

I thought AC amiibo were coming out in December -_- Well hopefully Best Buy gets more than 2 of everything next week.
The Animal Crossing 3 pack is coming out on November 13th along with the other amiibos. Only Lottie comes out on the 22nd but that is a Target exclusive

Please stop feeding the madness.

You claim he doesn't post helpful amiibo-related info. This next question follows naturally: How have your posts been helpful to the amiibo-hunting community?

This same argument has been going on for months now. Could both of you please just move it to PM once and for all? The guy who truly cares about whether amiibo posts are helpful wouldn't continue posting that argument here. Thanks.

I suppose nobody has received their Mewtwo yet. But maybe some of you have a foreign Mewtwo?

About his tail: I saw a photo somewhere (I think it was the original photo on the Walmart.com listing) that showed a segmented tail (which looked kinda creepy honestly).

But then there's the official Nintendo display photo which shows a smooth tail.

So is your Mewtwo's tail smooth or does it have weird segments like it's articulated?

Also, has anyone had the chance to try Yokai Watch in a demo or something? Is it any good? Or with Black Friday around the corner, should I put off every purchase until closer to the holidays? I'm paranoid about jumping the gun this year lol.

So I was just shopping for Amiibos and a very friendly salesperson came up and asked if I needed to find a specific one. I said I was just looking, but after they identified themselves as a Nintendo rep my girlfriend jumped in and asked where we can get the posters they are hanging up in stores. So the rep cheerfully says "Oh, let me go out to the car and I'll get you one".

Thanks Nintendo, you're an awesome company that cares about your hardcore nerdy fans. And thanks to the super-cool Nintendo rep for the free swag. Also thanks to my gf for having the nerve to ask a complete stranger for free stuff.
Yeah, this is a YMMV for sure. The Nintendo rep who used to work my area was a complete ****(place your favorite descriptive term here). When she would come to my local GS for a promotional day, getting anything from her was like pulling teeth, and she had the worst attitude ever.

I think the last promotion I attended was for the Kid Icarus AR card give away. So if you came to the store, and tried the game, they would give you AR cards. Well, there really was no one there at all, and me and my son played, and when we finished, I had to ask for the card, and she acted like I asked her for her own personal possession. She barely gave me one, and didn't seem to happy to be there.

I haven't seen her in years, and hopefully she no longer has that job, but who knows. That's very cool your rep actually seems to care, and gave you 3 cool posters.

I suppose nobody has received their Mewtwo yet. But maybe some of you have a foreign Mewtwo?
About his tail: I saw a photo somewhere (I think it was the original photo on the Walmart.com listing) that showed a segmented tail (which looked kinda creepy honestly).
But then there's the official Nintendo display photo which shows a smooth tail.
So is your Mewtwo's tail smooth or does it have weird segments like it's articulated?

Also, has anyone had the chance to try Yokai Watch in a demo or something? Is it any good? Or with Black Friday around the corner, should I put off every purchase until closer to the holidays? I'm paranoid about jumping the gun this year lol.
The articulate Mewtwo shown in that Walmart pre-order was a completely different figure. The amiibo's tail is smooth.

As for Yokai Watch, I've played two different demos (one was only slightly different, that was at NY Comic Con). While I really liked the idea of the Yokai, and their reason for being (as well as exploring the area, as there's some things to do outside of battle) the actual battling was honestly quite stupid. It's trying very hard to be an improved Pokemon experience (and in some non-battle ways it succeeds), but there seems to be no strategy at all involved except to not let your characters die. Even if they die, nothing happens. They just come right back to life. It was fun as a time waster, but I really wouldn't bother paying full price for it.
If you want to try the demo, it's on the eshop right now. The demo could just be awful, but I think I'm going to wait for a good sale on this game before I pick it up (I still want to give it a chance, I mean there's gotta be a reason it surpassed pokemon in popularity over in Japan).

Came back in the store with a big smile and three free posters. Thanks Nintendo, you're an awesome company that cares about your hardcore nerdy fans. And thanks to the super-cool Nintendo rep for the free swag. Also thanks to my gf for having the nerve to ask a complete stranger for free stuff.

20151105_145705_resized.jpg
Did that happen to be in northernish Florida?

Got a $5 TRU certificate in the mail today. Villager here I come.

(Here's hoping supply is ample.)

Oh STFU about it already.
A crass spin on it, but my thoughts exactly.

The articulate Mewtwo shown in that Walmart pre-order was a completely different figure. The amiibo's tail is smooth.

As for Yokai Watch, I've played two different demos (one was only slightly different, that was at NY Comic Con). While I really liked the idea of the Yokai, and their reason for being (as well as exploring the area, as there's some things to do outside of battle) the actual battling was honestly quite stupid. It's trying very hard to be an improved Pokemon experience (and in some non-battle ways it succeeds), but there seems to be no strategy at all involved except to not let your characters die. Even if they die, nothing happens. They just come right back to life. It was fun as a time waster, but I really wouldn't bother paying full price for it.
If you want to try the demo, it's on the eshop right now. The demo could just be awful, but I think I'm going to wait for a good sale on this game before I pick it up (I still want to give it a chance, I mean there's gotta be a reason it surpassed pokemon in popularity over in Japan).
As always, thanks for the info. You can always count on Conan (first started watching the anime because of you lol).

I'm so relieved that Mewtwo is going to look more like the Nintendo show model. That's disappointing news about Yokai Watch though. I had high hopes when I saw the trailer. Well, I'm off to give the eshop demo a shot. Maybe it'll be like Puzzle & Dragons or Chibi Robo and drop in price super quick after release because no one knows what it is.

A crass spin on it, but my thoughts exactly.
whatever happened to pokemonrayrex or something like that. i thought he was pretty funny when he was hurling insults at everyone waiting to pre-order something. then starts asking why is everyone attacking me?

As always, thanks for the info. You can always count on Conan (first started watching the anime because of you lol).

I'm so relieved that Mewtwo is going to look more like the Nintendo show model. That's disappointing news about Yokai Watch though. I had high hopes when I saw the trailer. Well, I'm off to give the eshop demo a shot. Maybe it'll be like Puzzle & Dragons or Chibi Robo and drop in price super quick after release because no one knows what it is.
No problem, and I'm happy to have inadvertently inspired someone to watch the show lol.

Here's hoping for a good price on Black Friday. :p

what's the email subject for the TRU $5 cert?  Mega Yarn Yoshi seems a bit underwhelming for the price.  If it were a bit bigger or priced at $29.99 or even $34.99, I wouldn't be questioning as much.  the cert + 20% coupon would definately help

I've been out of it and forgot there will be a 3 pack for AC amiibo.  I wonder if I should get the Amiibo Festival bundle right away or hope for a sale.  No idea why one is a Target exclusive...

I'm considering returning my Yoshi Wooly World bundle and just getting the standalone green when Best Buy gets it and wait for a sale on game.

also Ike reprint/restock is GameStop exclusive as per their Black Friday ad scan (looks like legit leak).

Yea.. would love to see Tom Nook even back up.. All I can do is trade for him atm if someone here has an offer to secure. (my Sig for my stock)

Villager comes out this Sunday right?

Kinda lost since the AC amiibos came out.
Villager at TRU this Sunday, Mewtwo (supposedly) widespread release next Friday, Falco at BBY on the 20th, and now we apparently have Ike at Gamestop on Black Friday.

Anything else from the Smash line that I'm forgetting?

How successful have people been using the 20% off coupon posted here as a printout?  Going to be near TRU tomorrow and if they have Mii Fighters in stock I may just grab one if I can use the coupon.

Villager at TRU this Sunday, Mewtwo (supposedly) widespread release next Friday, Falco at BBY on the 20th, and now we apparently have Ike at Gamestop on Black Friday.

Anything else from the Smash line that I'm forgetting?
Thanks, need that villager.

Mewtwo, i really hope hes for every retailer, hate the goddamn exclusives. (even though Villager is, but atleast there's going to be alot of them)

Got ike when it came out, luckily.

Falco is going to be a pain, don't have any BB close to me. Damn it.

How successful have people been using the 20% off coupon posted here as a printout? Going to be near TRU tomorrow and if they have Mii Fighters in stock I may just grab one if I can use the coupon.
I was able to use it on the mii pack and a supervisor was the one to ring out my order.

Falco is going to be a pain, don't have any BB close to me. Damn it.
Still up for pre order http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-smash-bros-falco/4575401.p?id=1219770992857&

So it looks like the animal crossing amiibo that come with the game aren't in packaging for those who keep them boxed. They just come in a plastic holder

So, while I wait for Mewtwo to pop up somewhere, might as well post something at least a little useful:

If anybody is still missing some of the more common amiibo, Gamestop is running a promo right now for 50% off (that's $6) 3 or more preowned GTL figures. Normally that wouldn't be noteworthy due to low stock, but they actually have a handful of the Smash line available online right now: Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda, Diddy Kong, Bowser, & Pikachu. Kirby also shows in-stock, but it's a lie.

bread's done
Back