amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the links. In for Mewtwo and Tom Nook, now I just need to hope BB doesn't put those giant stickers directly on the boxes since I display mine in box. I'd love to get the 3 pack but I only like KK and can't justify the price for the one figure

Bah... really didn't want to get into AC line but in for 1 of each. 

How many more are these besides Nook and the 3 pack? 

Damn, shouldve waited to cancel my Walmart order on Tom Nook. Best buy has it listed, but it's not available for store pick up anywhere near me and doesn't have a shipping option either.

Bah... really didn't want to get into AC line but in for 1 of each.

How many more are these besides Nook and the 3 pack?
Just Mabel and Lottie individuals as well as the two figures in the game bundle. Lottie is purportedly a Target exclusive and doesn't release until 11/22.

Did everyone get charged shipping on Mewtwo? Kinda sucks, if it was $3, I wouldn't care but it's $5.51 seems really high, espeically since BBY seems to deliver only damaged Amiibo to me lately.
I and a couple others were lucky enough to get in during the very small window when it was up with free shipping, but those who didn't shouldn't have a problem getting the $5.51 refunded since it was a price glitch that Best Buy's already aware of. At least, that's what the guy in their chat told me.

Mine's preparing for shipping now, too. Here's hoping I get release day delivery and my track record with their packages holds up.

It's my fault really. For attempting discussion with people who are only posting to argue semantics and aren't even interested in the spirit of the discussion. Sometimes I forget which thread I'm in, and who I'm talking to.
Plenty of people are/were interested in the spirit of the discussion otherwise they wouldn't have even replied. People simply disagreed with you and frankly, you were wrong. So yes, it is your fault

Yeah, I'd love to see your list of of first party capstone, AAA top notch system mover games that drove the PS4 to it's sales. Or the Xbox One for that matter.
If you've an even half way capable PC, ALL THREE major consoles have been pretty blah the entire year. It's the nature of the market now... there are fewer, bigger games supplemented by lots of small developer or indie developer product.

Development cycles take longer, cost more and are risker on AAA products, and thus you don't see devs running to push them out the door as quickly.
That can easily be inverted. If you have a console, PC has been really underwhelming this year.

Mabel and Tom Nook still say "Ship to store" even though you cant find a store within 250 miles that has it..is this a glitch that will hopefully get fixed I Really want to use my GCU to get em cheaper, then cancel walmart.com

Mabel is up now, but unlike the other Animal Crossing amiibos, I can't seem to get that one at my local stores. What's up with that?

I wish Best Buy would fix the Tom Nook and Mabel listings so I can pre-order them and cancel my Walmart orders already.
Same issue here..already canceled walmart for Mewtwo and the 3 pack since I got it from best buy with the GCU, so all that is left is Tom Nook and Mabel but the stupid "In store only" BS isnt being fixed not sure why

*sigh* missed Mabel I guess. Hope she becomes available nearby somehow.
Did anyone try buying them, then changing it to instore pick-up?

No matter what you say about Nintendo and their practices with game selling, you gotta admit making KK slider only available through the three pack in the US is a brilliant move buisness wise.

*sigh* missed Mabel I guess. Hope she becomes available nearby somehow.
Did anyone try buying them, then changing it to instore pick-up?
U didnt miss it it was never available for pre order unless you do in store pick up which NO ONE can get, so just keep refreshing hopefully they will fix it but dont worry you didnt miss anything

Just ordered Nook for shipping :)

Free shipping now works on the KK 3-pack, but I'm not paying that much when all I want is KK. Will wait to see if he can be imported individually.

TOM NOOK Available for Shipping (Next Thursday delivery tho) 

Available for Pickup on Release now Everywhere (for NY atleast)

Go Go Go!

Just ordered for pick up on friday.

Lol got three separate orders for friday LOL (1 for mewtwo, 1 for 3 pack, 1 for tom nook)

waiting to hit #4 when Mabel goes up  :rofl:

U didnt miss it it was never available for pre order unless you do in store pick up which NO ONE can get, so just keep refreshing hopefully they will fix it but dont worry you didnt miss anything
Thanks, I thought it wasn't like the last few glitches. I refreshed, saw it was available, but she was removed from my cart.
Oh well. I was able to pre-order Tom Nook for in store pick-up finally. So I'll keep refreshing.

Thanks, I thought it wasn't like the last few glitches. I refreshed, saw it was available, but she was removed from my cart.
Oh well. I was able to pre-order Tom Nook for in store pick-up finally. So I'll keep refreshing.

Best Buy is just updating the website. I'm sure it'll pull a Tom Nook and start to work correctly soon.

Would two separate orders of each work to avoid the limit or is cancellation city if I do??

Swung by TRU and nabbed a Villager, had been wanting one of the reprints and now I can feel not guilty about taking one from someone else. They still had a good 5+ left. Also that 20% off coupon worked like a charm

Kind of makes me less nervous about Yarn Yoshi, I really don't feel like camping out TRU

I and a couple others were lucky enough to get in during the very small window when it was up with free shipping, but those who didn't shouldn't have a problem getting the $5.51 refunded since it was a price glitch that Best Buy's already aware of. At least, that's what the guy in their chat told me.

Mine's preparing for shipping now, too. Here's hoping I get release day delivery and my track record with their packages holds up.
There's BBY chat? Holy crap, since when?

I can't call during work but I could easily have a chat window up... never saw that before when I go to the help section.

Swung by TRU and nabbed a Villager, had been wanting one of the reprints and now I can feel not guilty about taking one from someone else. They still had a good 5+ left. Also that 20% off coupon worked like a charm

Kind of makes me less nervous about Yarn Yoshi, I really don't feel like camping out TRU
Mega yarn yoshi won't have near the stock of villager. We got 8 cases of villager with 16 I think per case and we only got 4 cases of mega yarn yoshi with 6 per case

Was able to get a Mewtwo for Best Buy store pickup at a store 20 minutes from me.  I was afraid I'd have to go hunting.

I completely missed the fact that Toys R Us had the mii fighters last week.  I guess I'll have to see if my store has any leftovers.  Worst case, ebay is only about $11 more for the three pack (after adding tax to TRU price).

Whats wrong with my post? There are tons of unsold amiibo commons out there! At this point wouldnt it be wise for nintendo to atleast clearance them out specially during this time? I may be not the collector type that buys all amiibos like you may be but i sure would snag a couple more figures at discounted prices! Btw the ad i was refering to is the black friday one.
Whats wrong? That's just stupid. Why should they have a sale and mark down items 50% off just because they are "unsold commons"? This is not a Skylander/Disney Infinity situation where they get new game versions that make the older figures essentially useless. Stay in school.

I work at best buy in inventory and our numbers for Friday as of today are:

13 Mewtwo

11 AC Amiibo Festival bundles

12 Tom Nooks

12 Mabels

10 AC 3 packs

Keep in mind we'll likely get more in by Friday as there's a truck being unloaded tonight and Thursday.
thanks for the stock count. any chance you recall how many Lucina/Robins 5bs, Classic 8bit mario, or Yarn Yoshi's at launch?

store by me got 2 each of Lucina/Robin. probably 16 each for 5B and under a dozen for classic. maybe 16-24 for the Yarn Yoshis

Was able to get a Mewtwo for Best Buy store pickup at a store 20 minutes from me. I was afraid I'd have to go hunting.

I completely missed the fact that Toys R Us had the mii fighters last week. I guess I'll have to see if my store has any leftovers. Worst case, ebay is only about $11 more for the three pack (after adding tax to TRU price).
You can negate your sales tax and TRU tax and then some with this coupon though. Hopefully there's still some in-store so you can use it!

Which 20% coupon are you referring to?

bread's done
Back