amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to pick up the Animal Crossing 3-pack without a pre-order from my local BB. There were at least around 8 more left. They had plenty of the individual AC amiibo. At least 90% of the pre-orders I saw in the customer service area were Mewtwo. There were probably only two left that weren't for pre-order and I got there about 20 minutes after opening.

I'm disappointed the Animal Crossing amiibo aren't compatible with Yoshi's Woolly World. I really wanted K.K./Cyrus Yarn Yoshi skins.

Not sure of this has been mentioned but Gold Mario is coming out December 17th in Japan. This will likely drive down the value of the North America version a little bit or allow one to import one.

Stopped by Target this morning on my way to work, picked up just about everything I wanted. I didn't bother trying to get the Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival game, but was glad that I didn't. It went on Prime-sale on Amazon, bundled with the two amiibos. So I ordered it there instead. But I got the 3-pack, Tom Nook, Mabel, and MewTwo. I think I might have gotten the last 3-pack that they had in stock, but aside from that there was no real stock issues. I arrived a little late, but still had no problem getting what I wanted.  O:)

Can someone post one of those 20% off TRU coupons (front and back) that are the same size as the actual ones?
search the thread. it's been posted several times (I think I posted it once too).

so I went to Best Buy at open. No new amiibo out in gaming or at cs. Guy at gaming, who has in the past dealt with amiibo release days, was not aware of any stock. I went to cs to pickup Yo-kai Watch. It took way too long. No idea why it is so difficult to lookup a preorder without a receipt. The game had my info as well as the reference preorder # (I'd think that would be linked to the receipt's cs pin).

just got back from lunch and another guy in gaming that knows his stuff was trying to put the AC:AF bundle in a case (said they had around 30). There were maybe a dozen 3pks and Mabels, only saw 1 Nook and a few Mewtwos. There were over a dozen Green Yarn Yoshis. Got a Yoshi and went to instore pickup for a Mewtwo I preordered online. There were a lot of amiibo there with pickup stickers! I never did an instore pickup for an amiibo so not sure how many were there for prior launches. I may go back with Mewtwo and remove the sticker in front of the gaming guy and try to get an exchange.

Are Isabelle and Digby timed exlusives like Green Yoshi and Mario?  Or are they permanently only available through the bundle?  Or is it unknown at this time?

Are Isabelle and Digby timed exlusives like Green Yoshi and Mario? Or are they permanently only available through the bundle? Or is it unknown at this time?
Pretty sure it was stated in the Direct that Isabelle is exclusive to the bundle at launch, but Digby is exclusive to the bundle and will only be available in the bundle.

e: I dunno.. it is a little confusing: https://youtu.be/VF3AnGHbG6s?t=12m39s

Are Isabelle and Digby timed exlusives like Green Yoshi and Mario? Or are they permanently only available through the bundle? Or is it unknown at this time?
In the Nintendo Direct, the rep said Digby "will only be in the bundle while supplies last." That wording doesn't help us much, I know.

Check around 12:45 in the video. http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/#/video-1ndirect

Edit: Whoops. Ninja'd.

So, I went back to Garner BB to use up a $20 cert. I found out the CS rep this morning was very, very confused. They still had 6 Mewtwo and 5 Green Woolly Yoshi available for walk-ins of 2:30pm today. Got my Mewtwo and Green Woolly Yoshi using my cert.

I got my Mewtwo from BB today. The plastic was bent on it. The Amiibo was in perfect condition.

Pretty sure it was stated in the Direct that Isabelle is exclusive to the bundle at launch, but Digby is exclusive to the bundle and will only be available in the bundle.

e: I dunno.. it is a little confusing: https://youtu.be/VF3AnGHbG6s?t=12m39s
Hmm, the wording in the video makes it sound like the bundle will revert to being Isabelle only.

Based on past releases it also confirms that Isabelle will eventually be a single. Possibly Digby too. Thanks!

Grabbed all the AC singles and 3 Pack. BB still had a ton of the Game bundle, gonna wait till Sunday to see if theres another Visa deal before I buy it.

based on the wording in the direct, I think Digsby will be bundle only with a standalone Isabelle available in a few months.  This is North America btw.

Does Japan really have a 3pk AND singles for the Animal Crossing amiibo?  I don't recall there being a Splatoon 3pk.

Edit: these are all Japanese versions-

Chibi Robo - $13.20 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35
Modern Mario - $18.50 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robin - $18.90 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robot (R.O.B.) - $13.20 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (Other sellers)

So I have finally joined in collecting amiibos now, since the NFC Reader was released. I'm playing catch up picking up the ones I missed.

For today, I got the Animal Crossing three pack at Target early in the morning. Interestingly I don't see the Animal Crossing amiibo Festival bundle anywhere at Target, Best Buy, or TRU, did they all got bought up or forgot to bring it out?
I had no luck finding Mewtwo at Best Buy this afternoon. One guy looked it up for me and said they had four in stock. He tried to look for it but couldn't find it anywhere.
Later I went over to TRU and found two Mewtwos and got one one and combined it with Captain Falcon for the B1G1 40% off deal.

Lots of reading, so I figured I'd ask.  Does anyone know if Best Buy is going to be getting the Mega Yoshi this Sunday?  One of my kids wants it... ugh.

EDIT: Nevermind.  TRU exclusive.  It looks like she's getting one of the smaller ones instead.  :wall:

Lots of reading, so I figured I'd ask. Does anyone know if Best Buy is going to be getting the Mega Yoshi this Sunday? One of my kids wants it... ugh.

EDIT: Nevermind. TRU exclusive. It looks like she's getting one of the smaller ones instead. :wall:
do you have bestbuy credit? or you wanted the 20% GCU discount?
There's a 20% coupon that works on amiibos, should work on mega yarn yoshi too
http://imgur.com/FT91Vun

Thanks. I have credit at Best Buy, plus I didn't want to have to camp out for one, which seems like it will be the case here as an exclusive.
Nah Sunday releases aren't so bad bc of the church going crowd. If u get there 15 mins before opening, you should be fine. Maybe 5 people tops..

I'm glad someone else gets it. Most Nintendo fans are irrational.
I feel the same. I was pretty pleased to get the Wii U for $175 or so (with Mario and Luigi controllers) last year. However, I've bought 2 games in the last year--Smash and Woolly World. No Fire Emblem release. No Pokemon Stadium/Coliseum successor. It's a crapload of platformers and stuff I generally don't care about. I've considered dumping the thing once or twice, but it's decent for local multiplayer (which is rarely an option these days), and the resale value's probably total crap. I'm disappointed in the quantity and quality of the Wii U library, even more so than I was expecting to be from the start. That's probably mostly because Mario Party 10 sucked and amiibo are just glorified TF2 hats.

Chibi Robo - $13.20 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35
Modern Mario - $18.50 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robin - $18.90 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robot (R.O.B.) - $13.20 Third Party Fufilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (Other sellers)
Thanks for this post. I ordered R.O.B. and the Mario from Amazon then went to BB and pre-ordered Falco.

The only Amibos from Smash that I lack are the Miis.

Picked up animal crossing bundle, rodeo and bayonetta 2 free after price match & 20% off guc for $105 after taxes. Can't beat $35 per wii u game. Will come back tomorrow pick up few more games. Will sale extra bayonetta to my co-worker for $40 :)

Also, picked up last meowtwo amiibo as well and 3 copy shovel knight all platform under $43 after taxes & price match. Friday is a Good day :)

Thanks for this post. I ordered R.O.B. and the Mario from Amazon then went to BB and pre-ordered Falco.

The only Amibos from Smash that I lack are the Miis.
What is the link for the ROB? I can't find anything that cheap from the listings I have been watching.

Example of listing I have found: http://www.amazon.com/R-O-B-amiibo-Super-Smash-Collection-Nintendo/dp/B010N9S3Y2/ref=pd_sim_63_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51ReU0rLnmL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR109%2C160_&refRID=1ZSRX0TV3GQRB74PGKPY

Hyperlinks would of been a good idea lol. I'll add them when I get home.

Here's Japanese ROB though. He's called "Robot" in japan: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016OAKUSG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1447468016&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Robot+amiibo&dpPl=1&dpID=41REn6Q3bxL&ref=plSrch
Ah so you did mean the Japanese ROB. I actually am looking for the Euro one because it is the US colors but in an individual box. My Japanese ROB pre-order came last week and looks great, but my euro ROB is all crushed up... actually both of the Euro ROBs I ordered are crushed up...

Got to find someone who will actually ship in a gosh darn box. Those are some decent prices though.

No shortage of Animal Crossing amiibo in Orland Park, IL. Strangely, they only had one game bundle left, though.

[attachment=18282:2015-11-13 21.39.02.jpg]

Went to my local Toys R Us when it opened up earlier today. Only one other person was at the store was also interested in the Amiibos, and there was a decent amount in stock.

With the Buy 1, Get 1 40% offer, I eventually picked up Mewtwo (which was the main figure that I was looking for today) and Tom Nook (if I'm going to pick up an Animal Crossing Amiibo, I might as well get the one of the memetic jerk). Now if only the hassle-free Amiibo shopping trip I had today could have also happened to me in terms of getting tickets for a wrestling event.

Was pleasantly surprised to see my local Target still had plenty of Mewtwo and the AC amiibo in stock around 5:30 PM.  A nice improvement from the last wave.

Got the whole AC set. It's so nice!

Mewtwo too.

2015-11-1317.52.25dmug7.jpg

No shortage of Animal Crossing amiibo in Orland Park, IL. Strangely, they only had one game bundle left, though.

attachicon.gif
2015-11-13 21.39.02.jpg
Oh cool, it's nice to see another CAG in the area. Though i'm near the Crestwood ones, I often will check out the Orland Park and Tinley Park Best Buy and Target stores.

Apparently, some people found unannounced amiibo in store displays:
Timmy & Tommy, Kapp'n and Rover (all from animal crossing).
Curiously, Famicom Rob was also in the display.

bread's done
Back