amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought amiibo Festival. I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan, and the game is so boring. I kind of regret buying it, but I do like the amiibo and the amiibo cards that came with it. I only played it once for like an hour and I will never play it again. 

In other news, has a Chibi-Robo amiibo without the game been announced?
Nothing on a North American version, and they did say in the Nintendo Direct announcing it that it would be exclusive to the bundle. Things can change though. If you don't mind a Japanese import there's some good prices for him and others:

Chibi Robo - $12.96 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35
Modern Mario - $18.50 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robin - $18.90 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robot (R.O.B.) - $13.20 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (Other sellers)

Game & Watch - $11.96 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35
Hmmm, perhaps I'm wrong actually. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page on the official site it says Chibi-Robo amiibo available Holiday 2015: http://chibirobo-ziplash.nintendo.com/amiibo/

If you can find them, Gamestop has a deal if you buy two used amiibos you get three free. I was lucky to find five of them at a local Gamestop. Rob,bowser,peach,Zelda & diddy Kong.

Got a Mewtwo, but he's pretty lame. A cat that looks like someone carved him out of bones, with hips so large, even Baby Huey is saying "DAMN!!!!!!" I was on the fence about Lucario, but decided to keep him. Not sure about this one.

I ordered an amiboo foday, Duck Shoot import. I don't own anything that can make use of it but it looks too cool and I had to have it! How many others buy amibos with no intent of using them.

I ordered an amiboo foday, Duck Shoot import. I don't own anything that can make use of it but it looks too cool and I had to have it! How many others buy amibos with no intent of using them.
Here. I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the Gamecube and have no desire to ever own one again, I just think these things are so freaking cool. How often is it you get a Punch-Out toy?

So my closest TRU still has Villager available, but all of them have uneven faces and didn't want to get one that looked bad. I can still look around others when I have time if you want. Up to you.
I feel you. There are 20+ Villagers at my TRU and it took me like 10 minutes to decide on one. They all look terrible.

I feel you. There are 20+ Villagers at my TRU and it took me like 10 minutes to decide on one. They all look terrible.
Trying to find one for someone else makes this search tough. That one guy who was looking for someone to find him two perfect Villagers and two perfect Mii 3 packs will be in for a treat. Good luck to him on that crazy adventure.

Trying to find one for someone else makes this search tough. That one guy who was looking for someone to find him two perfect Villagers and two perfect Mii 3 packs will be in for a treat. Good luck to him on that crazy adventure.
Eh. If I'm going to lean on another CAG to buy and ship a toy to me, I'm not going to bitch if the paint job isn't perfect...and I'm guessing that's the consensus opinion here. Whoever that dude is, he's reaching a bit to expect all of that unless he's going to pay a premium.

I hit the Amiibo jackpot today at my local gamestop =) Went in to pay for my PS4 Darth Vader Edition and found the 2 in the packages. Then the guy behind me traded in all the loose ones. Plus it was buy 2 get 3 free. Stellar Day at gamestop![attachment=18311:amiibolot.jpg]

I hit the Amiibo jackpot today at my local gamestop =) Went in to pay for my PS4 Darth Vader Edition and found the 2 in the packages. Then the guy behind me traded in all the loose ones. Plus it was buy 2 get 3 free. Stellar Day at gamestop! amiibolot.jpg
Lolwat. Sounds like they must have been punishing their kids or something. Those things arent even a week old.

@litepink You are correct.. I may as well not sit on my gold mario.

I made a post in the trading forums if anyone is interested. Would rather see a good deal from CAG vs ebay... Least for a vita memory card could be nice..

I never used my Gold mario.. just sat there and I am not sure I will use it for Mario Maker or anything either. =/ Just rem driving out 25 miles.. just to get him by luck.

I hit the Amiibo jackpot today at my local gamestop =) Went in to pay for my PS4 Darth Vader Edition and found the 2 in the packages. Then the guy behind me traded in all the loose ones. Plus it was buy 2 get 3 free. Stellar Day at gamestop!
attachicon.gif
amiibolot.jpg
Holy cow! No way that guy was in his right mind. Congrats on your haul!

Lolwat. Sounds like they must have been punishing their kids or something. Those things arent even a week old.
Haha, I hadn't even considered that possibility. That's probably it. Gosh, those trade-in values gotta be low with the sale going on.

So my Best Buy just received 205 Falco's for Friday's release. That is a ludicrous amount. More than double what we got for the Dark Pit reprint.

On the one hand, it took until today for me to receive my Mewtwo from Best Buy.

On the other hand, GCU, free shipping, and it was packaged in a box (just) large enough to keep from damaging the packaging, so I'm hopeful about my Falco getting similar treatment.

So my Best Buy just received 205 Falco's for Friday's release. That is a ludicrous amount. More than double what we got for the Dark Pit reprint.
Can't wait to see the garbage bin of bent Falco boxes sitting in the middle of the sales floor on Black Friday, that no one wants.

Ordered the Megaman Collection for ship to store. Thanks Litepink.
Figures it would go up the day I didn't refresh best buy and check the thread this morning heh. Glad it's still available.

Also just preordered the Mega Man Collection.  I dunno if I'll keep my preorder yet or not.  

Maybe keep the amiibo and sell the game?

Does the regular SSB Megaman do the same thing with legacy collection as this gold-skinned rerelease? I really have no desire for another MM Amiibo painted gold but I'm wondering what kind of stuff it will unlock.

[quote name="JoshTX" post="13035503" timestamp="1447795232"]Does the regular SSB Megaman do the same thing with legacy collection as this gold-skinned rerelease? I really have no desire for another MM Amiibo painted gold but I'm wondering what kind of stuff it will unlock.[/quote]
Yup just like gold Mario... It's just a variant

surprised the Mega Man edition is still in stock on Best Buy.  guess that one 1 out of 5 star review (on the product page) changed people's minds!

I wonder how long it'll take for MYY to restock at TRU (has to).  There's no easily acessible TRUs near me and didn't want to go traveling on Sunday.  Monday, I missed out at NW too as I decided to check TRU instead due to the coupon (no go at TRU.  I did see someone buy the last 2 Tom Nooks though).  NW still had stock during and after my lunch hour but gone by the time I checked an hour before closing.

Read some "reports" that NW still had so I called just in case.  No idea why idiots on reddit/twitter think NW always has stuff (if it's rare everywhere, it's going to be a pain to get at NW too).

I've been hearing Gold Mario is a big possibility for restock since he'll be an playable character in the new Mario Tennis game.  Hoping not because it will bring down the 1st prints value!

Someone with any info or thoughts regarding this?

Mega Man Legacy looks really lame. Who in the world is a fan of Mega Man and doesn't own at least one of the many re-releases of the original six games?
Me...I never really had the money, console, or a reason to until now. I always liked Megaman, and played through most of the arcade versions in..well..an arcade, but I've never actually played the original console games (except Megaman X).
Honestly, I'm more a fan of the battle network series than anything else just because it was all I had. I also really like RPGS so it was perfect for me.

I'd like to buy the original releases someday of course, but that is not exactly feasible right now so..I'm pretty happy about this. I know this isn't the case for everyone, and I get that. Just answering your rhetorical question.

Me...I never really had the money, console, or a reason to until now. I always liked Megaman, and played through most of the arcade versions in..well..an arcade, but I've never actually played the original console games (except Megaman X).
Honestly, I'm more a fan of the battle network series than anything else just because it was all I had. I also really like RPGS so it was perfect for me.

I'd like to buy the original releases someday of course, but that is not exactly feasible right now so..I'm pretty happy about this. I know this isn't the case for everyone, and I get that. Just answering your rhetorical question.
What Mega Man arcade games did you play? Outside of fighting games and a few oddball ones, there have never been any legit MM coin-op games.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Arcade_games

Found a modern 8 bit Mario at a Walmart in Nashville today. Card was pretty bent, and was the only one on the pegs, but I was still excited to find one early. Until I got to the register and it was blocked from sale. Oh well, was fun for a minute to have it!

Found a modern 8 bit Mario at a Walmart in Nashville today. Card was pretty bent, and was the only one on the pegs, but I was still excited to find one early. Until I got to the register and it was blocked from sale. Oh well, was fun for a minute to have it!
why the hell would it be blocked from sale?

What Mega Man arcade games did you play? Outside of fighting games and a few oddball ones, there have never been any legit MM coin-op games.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Arcade_games
Power Battle and Power Fighters. They were part of a cabinet that had a bunch of games in 1 at the arcade I went to, so I figured they were seperate releases because you can choose the modes separately in the cabinet. Didn't know they were only two seperate games.
They play a lot like regular Megaman games, except no real platforming. You just face the robot masters from each game, collect the power ups, face the yellow devil, then willy.

I'm assuming Lottie will be in-store only since none of the other AC amiibo are on Target's website huh? I doubt I need to wake up early for her, but I'll probably head over to Target when they open.

bread's done
Back