amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the dlc hate, but calling it on disk dlc is just crazy wrong. The game came out a year and a half ago and the co-op mode works with the digital version of the game that you could have bought in 2014. (For only $15 too I think). Not to mention they gave a free update with new content last year as well.

This is dlc done right. If only the EA and Ubi, Activision, Warner, and the other big pubs did it this well.

What you're saying is that you want one version of the game that you can buy, and have EVERYTHING possible included in that package. Even if this means that you have to buy them separately as micro-transactions, you would be fine as long as you only ever had to acquire one copy of the game on one platform.

But the developer isn't actually obligated to provide that. Just because digital distribution and on-line services make such offerings more common, it doesn't make it required that the developer cater to what you desire. This developer has opted to make individual platform copies of their game feature platform-exclusive content. And as long as they stick to that policy, it makes the platform-exclusive features significant.
And I'm not obligated to purchase their game on WiiU, or anywhere for that matter. Normally I'd have been willing to give this game a chance via the physical release but now I'll just do what I do with most of my digital indie purchases and continue to wait for it to pop up in an indie bundle on PC, or pass on it completely.

If other devs decide to follow this same model of complicating access to their content for an increased cost I'll do them the same way.

Last edited:
They added content way after the game release and most of the content was free. Some dlc is bad like day one dlc or holding content out of a game just to sell it later.

If a company is going to go back after the game was done and make more content for it why do you think it should just be given away for free?

You can buy the game on PS4 then. No paid DLC on that version.

Also, you have never bought an expansion pack before have you? That's too bad. Some of my favorite PC gaming came on PC expansion packs in the late 90's and early 2000's.

EDIT: Shovel Knight amiibo looks rad and I am very glad I picked it up.

I picked up Shovel Knight tonight. I purchased the game for 3ds and PS4 before the holiday. I did not consider content for specific systems. I just wanted a portable and console version.

Also all of the new Animal Crossing amiibo show the 20% discount.
I was just going through a bunch looking for more discounts. Hmmm... With the drop in price on Nook and Mabel I don't know if I want to order the new AC figs even at that price though. I mean, I can get them from Best Buy for that price I guess anyway.

I am going to return my Nook and Mabel to Best Buy and I already ordered the cheapies from Amazon. I just have to get them back there before the 15th (the extended holiday return period). Despite the supposed lameness of the new AC games I still want the figs since me and my kids used to love playing AC on the Gamecube and to a lesser extend on the DS, Wii, and 3DS. But... yeah, it seems like I can wait for lower prices.

Edit: Well, OK, dammit. I ordered Mr. Resetti. I know they'll be easy to get and probably dirt cheap in a month or two, but I just had to make sure I got him at least ;).

On a side note, it must just be a matter of time before the AC cards start getting cheap - given their relatively high expense and relative uselessness. I'll pick those up at half price or less. But up to this point I have never seen them discounted.

I was just going through a bunch looking for more discounts. Hmmm... With the drop in price on Nook and Mabel I don't know if I want to order the new AC figs even at that price though. I mean, I can get them from Best Buy for that price I guess anyway.

I am going to return my Nook and Mabel to Best Buy and I already ordered the cheapies from Amazon. I just have to get them back there before the 15th (the extended holiday return period). Despite the supposed lameness of the new AC games I still want the figs since me and my kids used to love playing AC on the Gamecube and to a lesser extend on the DS, Wii, and 3DS. But... yeah, it seems like I can wait for lower prices.
I bought them cheaper and returned them under the return policy.

also have to return the ALL the ACs to BB.  I reordered Nook and Mabel when Amazon first dropped them in price, but they're now over $2 less (total).  Not gonna bother.  I should probably send back the 3pack and game bundle as Amazon dropped those as well.

It really is sad how much the AC line bombed.  I didn't expect that.  I wonder if the cards will go on sale.  I already bought over 2 dozen packs (only missing 2 specials and some normals), spending a little over $100 after taxes (all were 20% off aside from the several I got for $.99 at GS)

Cancelled my AC amiibo that come out in a couple of weeks. Figure the the price is dropping for the first set, then the price will drop for these and waiting a month for that to happen is a no brainier.

also have to return the ALL the ACs to BB. I reordered Nook and Mabel when Amazon first dropped them in price, but they're now over $2 less (total). Not gonna bother. I should probably send back the 3pack and game bundle as Amazon dropped those as well.

It really is sad how much the AC line bombed. I didn't expect that. I wonder if the cards will go on sale. I already bought over 2 dozen packs (only missing 2 specials and some normals), spending a little over $100 after taxes (all were 20% off aside from the several I got for $.99 at GS)
It makes sense. I don't have any hard numbers but I think it's safe to say the AC series doesn't have the following SSB does. It certainly doesn't have the diversity.... the SSB line has something for everyone, and the SMB line works because Mario is Mario, but if you don't like overly cutesy animals or play the AC series it's not something you'd care about. Couple that with the fact that these amiibo were a higher priority than the game itself and we should've been able to see this coming a mile away.

I didn't see it coming either but only because I assumed Nintendo would reduce the initial prints for the AC line like they did for the SSB one, for Splatoon, ect. I applaud Nintendo for actually producing a decent quantity this time, I just don't think AC was the best franchise to make without the benefit of a good game to use it with.

Then there's the choices of characters and designs too. I've played the DS/Wii/3DS versions of AC pretty heavily yet I still say these suck. I want Tom Nook with the apron. Resetti in a hole. Where are Tortimer, Blathers, Brewster, Sabel, Kapp'n, Lyle, Grace, Redd, ect. I don't have a fucking clue who Digby and Lottie are, and I barely remember Celeste. I do remember Reese but he feels secondary to all the ones I named too.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but it feels like there were some serious missteps with this line. I might have grabbed a KK if he weren't in a triple pack, and I'm tempted to grab a Mabel but only because there's no Sabel..... I'd buy both in a heartbeat if both were out though. Kicks is the only one I've seen that I've seriously thought about buying but I'll probably pass on him too just because I am running out of space with the SSB line.

That's my 2 cents lol.

Last edited:
also have to return the ALL the ACs to BB. I reordered Nook and Mabel when Amazon first dropped them in price, but they're now over $2 less (total). Not gonna bother. I should probably send back the 3pack and game bundle as Amazon dropped those as well.

It really is sad how much the AC line bombed. I didn't expect that. I wonder if the cards will go on sale. I already bought over 2 dozen packs (only missing 2 specials and some normals), spending a little over $100 after taxes (all were 20% off aside from the several I got for $.99 at GS)
Animal crossing amiibos line should not be exist. They should release the card amiibos only. Series 1 with hundreds cards should never released. As for myself after i saw ac cards & amiibos line. I pass but i got ac bundle on wii u for $32.

Animal crossing amiibos line should not be exist. They should release the card amiibos only. Series 1 with hundreds cards should never released. As for myself after i saw ac cards & amiibos line. I pass but i got ac bundle on wii u for $32.
I thought the cards were a joke. They should never have existed at all. The only way I'd even remotely see value in something like that is if it were some sort of thing where a card game and video game merged into one. Maybe something like Magic or Yugioh or whatever, but where the 3DS could be used in calculations (maybe for a certain card you and your opponent both press a/b/x/y and if your opponent guesses what you press they take half damage, or something of that sort).

Even then though the cards themselves would still be superfluous. It's not the sort of thing I'd buy into myself but at least it'd be of value to those who like card games and wouldn't want to give up physically shuffling/collecting/manipulating the cards for whatever reason.

With AC though it just feels like cart locked content.

Kinda surprised Nintendo didn't do something like with a new version of the Pokemon card game.... I mean it would make more sense than what they've done with AC.

Last edited:
Anyone else collecting all the amiibo except the animal crossing series? I feel like I'm the only one. 

And picked up my Shovel Knight from Best Buy. Pretty neat looking Amiibo.

Anyone else collecting all the amiibo except the animal crossing series? I feel like I'm the only one.

I haven't gotten any AC amiibo but I didnt get shovel knight as well and only toad and gold mario of the SMB collection.

I only got Tom nook, and might get Ressetti, apart from that i don't really care for them.

Would definitely pick up the cards though, i'm a sucker for them.

I haven't gotten any AC amiibo but I didnt get shovel knight as well and only toad and gold mario of the SMB collection.
I need Palutena from the ssb series, and then I'll have them all except AC amiibo. I wanted to collect ALL amiibo, just have no interest in AC... And down the road of they make pokemon, ha. No way I'm buying that many.

I only got Tom nook, and might get Ressetti, apart from that i don't really care for them.

Would definitely pick up the cards though, i'm a sucker for them.
That's odd- I'm a sucker for the figures- they're nice designs and it's surprising amount of characters... and they're the "important" ones in the franchise. The cards hold pretty much zero interest for me, though.

Kinda surprised Nintendo didn't do something like with a new version of the Pokemon card game.... I mean it would make more sense than what they've done with AC.
When the fuck do they ever do anything that makes sense? I think I've only seen it once or twice in the 30+ years of me being a fan.

FCC17UVIJ8UZBQH.MEDIUM.jpg
FZ16VBSIJ8UZBP9.MEDIUM.jpg
F7M7GEZIJ8UZBR8.MEDIUM.jpg
FHEXHB3IJ8UZBR6.MEDIUM.jpg

Mario Bros plumbing themed electric pulley operated vehicle I made from cardboard and craftsticks. I made the back big enough to accommodate some amiibo as well as made a warp pipe that fits in there. It's pretty fast so getting that amiibo delivered quickly is no problemo!

*pops head in*

At the risk of exposing my stupid, has there been any news recently about the Roy Amiibo past the fact that it's Gamestop-exclusive and releasing on March 18th? He's the only one I've been interested in for a long time and I've basically stopped paying attention to Amiibo news after getting Lucina when she first came out. I'd be depressed if I missed out on preordering it and had to pay a markup (Roy's my second most-wanted Amiibo, Ike being the first).

Thanks in advance, of course.

New Wii U & 3DS game coming out in Japan that'll use amiibo to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5l_2nYPHgw

That's odd- I'm a sucker for the figures- they're nice designs and it's surprising amount of characters... and they're the "important" ones in the franchise. The cards hold pretty much zero interest for me, though.
The figures are nice, and all, even though I've played almost every AC there's ever been, there isn't enough to make me get each and every one of them.

Maybe 2-3 of them, the cards I love tho.

Amazon exclusive Chibi-Robo standalone figure down to $7.88: http://www.amazon.com/Chibi-Robo-amiibo-Exclusive-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B016S5DC3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452703149&sr=1-1&keywords=chibi+robo

Might go down to Tom Nook-like levels at some point but might not be worth the risk or constant price monitoring. Cute little figure. I liked the 3DS game and was able to price adjust the game+figure down to $19.99 after release so it was worth it. I wouldn't recommend the game at full price ($30 without amiibo), but maybe in that $10-$15 range.

I've picked up all of the AC amiibos, and fully intend to pick up the rest. I really like Animal Crossing as a series, and have quite a bit of fondness for the characters. I would like it if we got a better game that incorporates those amiibos, but that's always something that could be released in the future. (at some point there will probably be a "proper" Wii U AC game) And characters like Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti are an easy sell.

Seems as if nintendo actually making enough of these now has really drove the price down. I've got all I need of them running out of space with the 30 or so I have so am not biting on any of them unless they unlock something really important to me in a game I get. Just runs into too much $$$ for a poor boy like myself. I could have bought an xbox one for what I have in amiibo but still I don't regret buying them they are nice looking the way I have them displayed they just never get any use.

bread's done
Back