amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lesson 1 in terms of Fire Emblem Amiibos. RESERVE ANYWHERE 1st! Then once secured.. then look around for cheaper lol. 

Usually these things never even last this long... 

I want to avoid paying shipping so will try ship to store later since I am out. If I can get in store I will cancel. Are people still having success w/ in store?

How you know you've spent too much $$$ on amiibo:

Went to Best Buy to trade in a game and the customer service guy (whom I don't really talk with but have seen enough times) said "See you tomorrow" because he already knew I'd be coming in for the Lucas amiibo.

im gonna live dangerously and walk into a gamestop after work and see if they have Roy. 

Side note, those who want Isabelle and Digby but were gonna wait til they were stand alone, the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival game is approximately $31 on Amazon right now. So if you take retail of both figures as $26, the game is just approximately $5. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZSHRPN0?keywords=amiibo%20festival&qid=1453431494&ref_=sr_1_1&s=videogames&sr=1-1

Plus the kk/cyrus/reese 3 pack is $21.50, so like $7 a piece roughly which isnt bad either.

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-3-Pack-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B014KXMDXO/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453431523&sr=1-6&keywords=amiibo+animal+crossing

im gonna live dangerously and walk into a gamestop after work and see if they have Roy.

Side note, those who want Isabelle and Digby but were gonna wait til they were stand alone, the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival game is approximately $31 on Amazon right now. So if you take retail of both figures as $26, the game is just approximately $5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZSHRPN0?keywords=amiibo%20festival&qid=1453431494&ref_=sr_1_1&s=videogames&sr=1-1
Or immediately just trade in the game for $14.30 at Gamestop like most of us did so its basically only about $8.50-9 per figure, plus the cards

My have times changed.  No amiibo retail stories from the front lines at release yet for the ones coming out today?

Target has them lined up on electronics counter. I considered buying extra Lucas. Pre ordered at BB and may pick up a 2nd there w/ GCU. Columbus Oh Polaris

For fucks sake... $18 fucking dollars for it from GS. I might as well wait for the initial release flood and buy one from eBay. 

Got spoiled by GCU.  

Can't even buy two to get free shipping..

It doesn't take much, it doesn't help when you get a bunch of grown ass men hiiting f5 all at once on multiple devices.
LOL, too true. And what is funny is the pre-order is still available right now. And I'm guessing Famicom ROB being back up at BB has something to do with all the grown ass men realizing this whole hoarding/scalping craze phase of Amiibo is over and cancelling orders.

My have times changed. No amiibo retail stories from the front lines at release yet for the ones coming out today?
Like...

"4am, no one here yet, waiting in my car"

"Got here at 5am, some guy and his girlfriend were there said they got there at about 3. Good thing I got in line though then because a half dozen people showed up like 10 minutes later. Brickseek said they should have 4 of each."

"Some kid brought his mom or grandma or something and they each were holding two. Pointed to the sign that said one per customer and the lady flipped out".

"Like one minute to open the line just fell apart and we were in one big round mass. Then we get in and the employees are like clueless so we head back to electronics but they didn't even have them on the pegs yet."

Braved the snowstorm and went to BB. No Lucas. Either sold out already (unlikely because there were no empty pegs) or hadn't put them out yet (of course, there were no employees nearby to ask). Glad I didn't cancel my Amazon pre-order, even though it hasn't even shipped yet.

BTW, the Shovel Knights were all gone. Another Chibi Robo he is not.

Any bets on how long it takes wargod to show up to make up stories about the smelly neck beards he saw today?

Any bets on how long it takes wargod to show up to make up stories about the smelly neck beards he saw today?
Soon! Also, he'll work in the fact that he has an entire US collection, and that he made $1000 on amiibo too.

Two things about him though: he's obviously trolling. I'm embarrassed that I got sucked into it initially. It just isn't funny trolling though.

Secondly: I just blocked him. Sadly I'll see people quoting him but I'm choosing not to engage. If we all agreed to just block/ignore it then it wouldn't be a deal. I just wish we all could be respectful of each other, both on CAG and in person. This guy just doesn't represent these values to me.

No war stories for me, today's amiibo are on the way from Amazon. Was able to order the upcoming smash ones on best buy and got a pre-order for Roy in at Gamestop. Just waiting on the next batch of animal crossing ones. Might go get some extra series 2 animal crossing cards with GCU.

No war stories for me, today's amiibo are on the way from Amazon.
Ditto. Why bother braving the retail scene when I can have the latest batch delivered right to my door? Also, the Animal Crossing line hasn't proved nearly as popular as the Smash Bros. line, so there hasn't been as much competition for them. Which is fine by me.

Ditto. Why bother braving the retail scene when I can have the latest batch delivered right to my door? Also, the Animal Crossing line hasn't proved nearly as popular as the Smash Bros. line, so there hasn't been as much competition for them. Which is fine by me.
I think the only reason why you might want to go the retail route is if you're concerned about packaging. I think it's a valid reason if you are collector of sealed items. I'm an open-boxer, so I just rip those things open, but am sympathetic to NIB collectors for sure!

they are at my store, I preordered about ten of noon in store
your typo hides what you did

"ten to noon" or "ten at noon"

does anyone think Nook or Mabel will drop below $5? I already got them for nearly $7 each on Amazon (no point in returning), but I hope the other ACs all hit the $5 mark. That's the cheapest I can imagine a figure going for even with any buy x get y promos (barring any clearance pricing that never occurs in my region)

does anyone think Nook or Mabel will drop below $5? I already got them for nearly $7 each on Amazon (no point in returning), but I hope the other ACs all hit the $5 mark. That's the cheapest I can imagine a figure going for even with any buy x get y promos (barring any clearance pricing that never occurs in my region)
I don't think they'll go much lower then this. If they do, it's not worth the time to monitor them just for a couple bucks.

I'm thinking Wave 2 will see price cuts too, but I have no patience and will get them later today with GCU. I have a gut feeling that Wave 2 may have lower production numbers though and they'll only get down to $7-$8 before third party sellers take over on Amazon and then it'll be $12-$15 each. No evidence to this theory besides a gut feeling.

I don't think they'll go much lower then this. If they do, it's not worth the time to monitor them just for a couple bucks.

I'm thinking Wave 2 will see price cuts too, but I have no patience and will get them later today with GCU. I have a gut feeling that Wave 2 may have lower production numbers though and they'll only get down to $7-$8 before third party sellers take over on Amazon and then it'll be $12-$15 each. No evidence to this theory besides a gut feeling.
I had a similar concern about wave 2, considering how poorly the first wave of AC amiibo were selling. I think there's a pretty good chance that the numbers aren't nearly as high. I went ahead and got them with GCU.

I have you on ignore but unfortunately I haven't put litepink on ignore until now so I just so happened to see this post. What is clear is that I am living in your mind rent free, hence your need to mention me. Unlike you and litepink, I don't pretend that living the life of a smelly neck beard is an acceptable walk of life. What a way for such people to honor their parents by resorting to such a life. And then when a contributing, competent member of society calls them out on it, other smelly neck beards rush to their defense! How cute.....

Soon! Also, he'll work in the fact that he has an entire US collection, and that he made $1000 on amiibo too.

Two things about him though: he's obviously trolling. I'm embarrassed that I got sucked into it initially. It just isn't funny trolling though.

Secondly: I just blocked him. Sadly I'll see people quoting him but I'm choosing not to engage. If we all agreed to just block/ignore it then it wouldn't be a deal. I just wish we all could be respectful of each other, both on CAG and in person. This guy just doesn't represent these values to me.
When you start to provide us with evidence that you understand the difference between a contributing member of society and a smelly neck beard, then maybe your opinion on here will be taken seriously and I will unblock you. Instead, you actually believe that both types are deserving of the same level of respect. Maybe one day you will awake from your dreamworld and start to see things as they are.

I think "ten of noon" isn't a typo and means the same thing as "ten to noon".
oh I never heard that way before. either way pretty sure he did not preorder 10 unless it was at one of those gamestops where people have been able to preorder many copies of a limited edition and receipt pics go up online.

I only got Nook and Mabel from wave 1 (returned my bb copies and 3pack). the 3 pack seems to be the lowest it's been according to ccc. the bundle is $29.82 atm but ccc doesn't have any records. I've seen Lottie at a Gamestop so will wait until Bestbuy gets.

Wave 2 will probably have a smaller initial run, but I still think Amazon will lower them. Best Buys should still be stocked with them for a while too regardless.

Now the amiibo cards... I'm really curious as to whether retailers will start to discount them (company wide not regional ymmv clearance) as more waves come out.

They probably won't drop below $5, and I recommend holding out on purchasing any of the AC amiibos released today until they drop in price next month. One member on here who I won't bother mentioning was bragging about how he had the Cyrus, K.K & Reese 3 pack to complete his full collection while I told him that I would wait for it's price drop. Sure enough, I spent $15 less than he did on it by holding out.

In fact it's on Amazon right now for $21.95

With Lucas in hand and Roy pre-ordered along with Ryu and Famicom R.O.B, the amiibo collecting continues to be a walk in the park.

I have you on ignore but unfortunately I haven't put litepink on ignore until now so I just so happened to see this post. What is clear is that I am living in your mind rent free, hence your need to mention me. Unlike you and litepink, I don't pretend that living the life of a smelly neck beard is an acceptable walk of life. What a way for such people to honor their parents by resorting to such a life. And then when a contributing, competent member of society calls them out on it, other smelly neck beards rush to their defense! How cute.....

When you start to provide us with evidence that you understand the difference between a contributing member of society and a smelly neck beard, then maybe your opinion on here will be taken seriously and I will unblock you. Instead, you actually believe that both types are deserving of the same level of respect. Maybe one day you will awake from your dreamworld and start to see things as they are.
I find your amiibo stories entertaining.

Preordered Roy in store about 20 minutes ago. I also ended up picking up two clearance shirts while I was there.

Went to Target to pick up some headphones for my mom and I saw a row of Lucases lined up at the electronics checkout counter. Didn't know he came out today, so I got one.

Got Lucas at Toy R Us since Amazon still not shipped my order and I got tired of waiting, and Best Buy is not getting any until next week. There was a Buy One Get Amiibo at 40% deal, so I got him and the Mario Party Luigi since I been meaning to grab him for 20 after my employee discount.

Got all 5 at best buy
Sucks they have a one per person on the animal crossing cards. So annoying when they posted you can buy more than 3 with gcu

I got the notice pretty late, but it says out for delivery arriving today.
Their shipping is weird sometimes. I had an item delivered last weekend hours before I got a notice saying it shipped.

I was able to pick up the 1 of each I had ordered at Best Buy (no cards...Series 1 was plenty for me) with no issues around 1:45 PM, I didn't have time to go check and see how their stock was. The gentleman helping me out with my store pickup order was friendly and asked about my collection, so it was a very nice experience.

Side note, I didn't know the new Mario & Luigi was going to be in a red case.

bread's done
Back