amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, going into my local gaming stores has been a pleasant experience as of late.  There hasn't been any neck beards trying to stink up the place with their horrible existence.  I fear that when Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin launch however, that the neck beards will be in abundance that launch day.  The last time I was at a store when an amiibo was launching someone handed a neck beard a bar of soap and he tried to take offense to it but the store manager said you've got to be kidding me, you know damn well why that soap is in your hand.  

I must say, going into my local gaming stores has been a pleasant experience as of late. There hasn't been any neck beards trying to stink up the place with their horrible existence. I fear that when Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin launch however, that the neck beards will be in abundance that launch day. The last time I was at a store when an amiibo was launching someone handed a neck beard a bar of soap and he tried to take offense to it but the store manager said you've got to be kidding me, you know damn well why that soap is in your hand.
That's a good made up story. 7/10

"Why can't Nintendo do Amiibos like the way Disney sells Infinity figures, where all characters are easily available for anyone who wants to buy them when they walk into a store?"

remember these frequently posted sentiments from just over a year ago? haha

This Lego game to life thing is really out of hand. Most places I go have a full 1-2 aisles of these things sitting on shelves. They all look relatively the same.

Why can't there be Corrin amiibo of the female version? She looks much better than her male counterpart imo.

I'd still sit out if these new Animal Crossing or Kirby amiibo were hard to come by. I buy the characters I like. I don't much care for AC and I already have the Kirby characters from the Smash line. Honestly, I don't know why anyone (other than scalpers) would complain that amiibo are generally well-stocked now. Do those CAGs dislike the deals that happen as a result of greater on-hand stock? I wonder.

I've said it before--as soon as they start making new Pokemon amiibo, I'm in. That's a release I'll follow. 

Those two, Palutena, Samus
But I saw Samus everywhere at the beginning, so perhaps it was a double run. Not sure about Palutena, although it probably got decent numbers as a BB exclusive. In any event, I saw lots of Samus in stores at the beginning and waited to pick that one up; Robin & Lucina I only got because I was 2nd in line at Target before they opened launch day and raced to the electronics section to secure mine.

But I saw Samus everywhere at the beginning, so perhaps it was a double run. Not sure about Palutena, although it probably got decent numbers as a BB exclusive. In any event, I saw lots of Samus in stores at the beginning and waited to pick that one up; Robin & Lucina I only got because I was 2nd in line at Target before they opened launch day and raced to the electronics section to secure mine.
Palutena was Amazon exclusive.

I haven't checked values recently but some of those recently mentioned figures, especially Samus, are going to be the most expensive NiB ones to acquire unless Nintendo happens to do some additional reprinting. 

I haven't checked values recently but some of those recently mentioned figures, especially Samus, are going to be the most expensive NiB ones to acquire unless Nintendo happens to do some additional reprinting.
With the way some of the AC, SMB and latter Smash Bros Amiibo have been sitting on shelves, I feel like Nintendo knows they've fucked up and their success ship has sailed. Otherwise, I would think they would keep at least keep revolving stock.

Yup yup, totally. The amiibo assembly lines have been halted.
Which sucks because Robin and Lucina were only available in an extremely small window at launch, and no time else. Sucks even more that they were reprinted in the foreign markets but not the US market. But like Vinny said, if they haven't been reprinted yet they likely will not be. I don't see Nintendo going out of their way to reprint more of these seeing how the AC line has been languishing and getting deeply discounted.

I am surprised Nintendo made such a huge mistake with the AC line. AC has a loyal fan base but the characters in it are not as universally loved like the Smash Bros line. You don't have to be a smash bros fan to love the characters in it .  You were probably exposed to Smash characters at some other point in another game you loved.  The limited popularity of AC, less than the stellar associated game, and clunky implementation in said game, doomed the AC line. 

Agreed, their problem is they went with weak selections after Smash.

They should have done a smaller AC line, and maybe did a few more Zelda related amiibo back when TFH launched. Or went all in with Pokemon. Their missteps and seemingly inability to recognize what people want is what has me pessimistic about whatever NX is.

All that being said, at least there aren't stock issues with new releases anymore. I'll be interested to see how plentiful the Kirby stock is.

I am surprised Nintendo made such a huge mistake with the AC line. AC has a loyal fan base but the characters in it are not as universally loved like the Smash Bros line. You don't have to be a smash bros fan to love the characters in it . You were probably exposed to Smash characters at some other point in another game you loved. The limited popularity of AC, less than the stellar associated game, and clunky implementation in said game, doomed the AC line.
Plus the AC fan is on the handheld not on the console.

I pre-ordered the sisters since they are new figures. I'll wait for a clearance drop or warehouse deal from Amazon for the alternate color squids. Not exactly the amiibo I was hoping for, but still nice to get a couple new figures for the collection. I just really want Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta to release...

I pre-ordered the sisters since they are new figures. I'll wait for a clearance drop or warehouse deal from Amazon for the alternate color squids. Not exactly the amiibo I was hoping for, but still nice to get a couple new figures for the collection. I just really want Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta to release...
Are those the last ones for Smash? Or are we missing more characters (assuming no more new characters get added)? I've been out of the loop for so long...

Are those the last ones for Smash? Or are we missing more characters (assuming no more new characters get added)? I've been out of the loop for so long...
That's it. No more dlc for smash. They might do color variants or variants of fighters technically in the game. Ie 7 bowser kids Louie female robin etc

I actually wouldn't mind alternate characters, especially female Robin and Corrin, Louie, Male Wii Trainer etc. More wastes of money, but would be welcomed for me.

Plus the AC fan is on the handheld not on the console.
Actually, most classic Animal Crossing fans got their first taste on the console. The Japanese Animal Crossing was a N64 release, and the first Western release was a re-release of the N64 title on the GameCube. It also got a proper Wii-release.

I do get where you're coming from on that comment. The first DS release of the title was very popular, and the stylus control was a good addition to the series, allowing for faster interaction with the game's menu system. Since then, the series most solid and best-selling titles have been on the handhelds. The portable format is a good match for the series.

The big problem with the AC amiibo line is that Nintendo failed to provide a proper AC title that integrated the characters. They went with two spin-off titles instead of a proper Animal Crossing entry. And both of those entries got mediocre reviews. They over-estimated the popularity of AC, and over-printed the Amiibos for it. (at least in the U.S.) And all of this is coming from someone who owns ALL of the AC amiibos. They're really nice amiibos.

Actually, most classic Animal Crossing fans got their first taste on the console. The Japanese Animal Crossing was a N64 release, and the first Western release was a re-release of the N64 title on the GameCube. It also got a proper Wii-release.

I do get where you're coming from on that comment. The first DS release of the title was very popular, and the stylus control was a good addition to the series, allowing for faster interaction with the game's menu system. Since then, the series most solid and best-selling titles have been on the handhelds. The portable format is a good match for the series.

The big problem with the AC amiibo line is that Nintendo failed to provide a proper AC title that integrated the characters. They went with two spin-off titles instead of a proper Animal Crossing entry. And both of those entries got mediocre reviews. They over-estimated the popularity of AC, and over-printed the Amiibos for it. (at least in the U.S.) And all of this is coming from someone who owns ALL of the AC amiibos. They're really nice amiibos.
Yes the real problem is that they hurriedly released two dogshit Animal Crossing games. :D

I actually stopped buying Smash amiibos and got the AC ones, since I like AC more. But yea, they're useless in game. Hopefully, the next AC game adds a little something to them.

Nice, got the new splatoon amiibo ordered. Just need the last three smash amiibo to come up. I agree alternates would be nice to see as well.

Gonna pre-order the Squid sisters later this week, hopefully they don't sell out.

I want the green alternate but the shade of green is too lime so I'll wait for a discount... if it was only more aqua'esk :whistle2:

Were there alternate trophy poses in Wii U Smash like there were in Wii Smash? Maybe they could go thru all of those as amiibo for the NX release.
The standard pose and each character with their Final Smash. I have a feeling those would never happen, as they'd be very intricate in some cases.

bread's done
Back