amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the AC amiibo are 100y (or around $1.00) on amiami.  I added Mable, Tom Nook, Cyrus, Reese, Lottie, Digby, and Resetti to my monthly order.  Falco, Shulk, Link, Mewtwo, and Samus are 500 yen.  Zero Suit Samus is 380 yen too.  I normally get a box of SH Figuarts from them each month, so I tossed a bunch on this months order.  

Why do they keep going more niche? I guess in Japan those would be big sellers, but if they went with RPGs even they would do a little better I'm sure in the U.S. and Japan.

Why do they keep going more niche? I guess in Japan those would be big sellers, but if they went with RPGs even they would do a little better I'm sure in the U.S. and Japan.
Monster Hunter is far from niche in Japan. It's one of the highest selling franchises there. We don't even know if it's Nintendo releasing these or Capcom.

Every time this thread gets bumped with a new post, I think to myself, "maybe it's an announcement of a Robin/Lucina reprint!?!" 

Every time, it's not. Instead it's more shit that'll likely end up on sale a few months later for $5. 

Maybe some day, NoA will learn what supply and demand are (I know they're not involved with the Monster Hunter amiibo announcement but that's not the point) and I will learn not to get my hopes up with them. 

Maybe some day people will learn that things are much more interesting and worthwhile when production and supply are not unlimited.  But no, we've always had posters in here that think the new way of selling amiibos is great.  Notice how none of them have anything positive to say about collecting amiibos, or the market conditions, now. 

Maybe some day people will learn that things are much more interesting and worthwhile when production and supply are not unlimited. But no, we've always had posters in here that think the new way of selling amiibos is great. Notice how none of them have anything positive to say about collecting amiibos, or the market conditions, now.
I'm quite happy about the fact that I don't have to line up for these things anymore. I know quite a few people that feel the same way. Not all of us take satisfaction in expending time and energy on tracking down something that was meant to be a fun little collectible for the masses.

I understand that Monster Hunter is huge in Japan, but Nintendo sold way more amiibo in the U.S. so it would make sense for them to consider ones that would interest us also.

Maybe some day people will learn that things are much more interesting and worthwhile when production and supply are not unlimited. But no, we've always had posters in here that think the new way of selling amiibos is great. Notice how none of them have anything positive to say about collecting amiibos, or the market conditions, now.
Eh, disagree. I love how it is now. I worked from home so I was able to check constantly and had preorders for nearly every one except Ness. I only had to stand in line for maybe one or two the entire time and hated it. Not everything has to be limited for people to want to collect. Having them limited just attracts the dbags that buy them up just to resell. I quite enjoy not having to check multiple websites including this thread 24/7.

And now that I think about it, I kinda like it more just due to the fact that so many people bought them up and kept them sealed just to eventually profit from them. So many people bought them up even though they really didn't care or want them. I didnt buy them for their rarity or value, so all is well.

Can anyone corroborate this? If this was the case, I'd think there would have been more buzz about it...
They were up very early in the morning. No one provided proof of them being in stores but they went up on the site for shipping around 7AM. I'm surprised no one talked about it here. I only noticed when I was on the amiibo subreddit.

Lucina: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=60779166&cp=&parentPage=search

Robin: http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=60779186&cp=2255956.2262937.46870966&parentPage=family

They are unfortunately out of stock now though.

They were up very early in the morning. No one provided proof of them being in stores but they went up on the site for shipping around 7AM. I'm surprised no one talked about it here. I only noticed when I was on the amiibo subreddit.

Lucina: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=60779166&cp=&parentPage=search

Robin: http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=60779186&cp=2255956.2262937.46870966&parentPage=family

Figures... I hope there is more then, to other retailers (TRU sucks). Seems like every other reprint resulted in the figures being easily found days after release.

Damn, I was actually up and could've ordered them...oh well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Can't believe I missed Robin and Lucina! What a random restock from out of the blue.
The chance of the restock being nonrandom is as likely as someone knowing that your avatar is from Act Raiser. That avy is wayyyy over your average CAG's head.

The chance of the restock being nonrandom is as likely as someone knowing that your avatar is from Act Raiser. That avy is wayyyy over your average CAG's head.
Heck no. Read any of the greatest games ever blogs etc you're likely to find that there - and the sound track was most epic. That's a classic.

(Non-Dark) Skylanders Supercharger Starters are $19.99 at Toys R Us through June 4th, for anybody that wants to go that route for the Racer Bowser & DK.

The Wii Dark set is still a stupid $100.

(Non-Dark) Skylanders Supercharger Starters are $19.99 at Toys R Us through June 4th, for anybody that wants to go that route for the Racer Bowser & DK.

The Wii Dark set is still a stupid $100.
Amazon matched for Wii (and other platforms) but not Wii U/3DS.

Prime members can get Bowser or Donkey Kong figure/vehicle combo packs for $13.00 each.

I'm glad I held off on Animal Crossing Amiibos.  Picked up the 3-pack at Fry's for $10 and a couple individuals for $3 each.

Overproduction is great people that open and play with these (my daughter).  I just don't want them to keep overproducing and stop making them completely, assuming they actually make some decent game mechanics that involve Amiibos in the future.

Hmm...it would seem Toys 'R Us had Wii Fit Trainer in-stock for a moment.  I wonder if it was a box of them found in a TRU warehouse or a possible reprint?

I'm glad I held off on Animal Crossing Amiibos. Picked up the 3-pack at Fry's for $10 and a couple individuals for $3 each.
You, sir, are a credit to cheap-ass gamers everywhere. That's a really good deal. I would recommend picking up Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti, if you can find them for cheap as well. Those were always the two most iconic characters for me. The slum lord and the guy who berates you for resetting the game without saving. There was no way to know that Nintendo would so grossly misjudge the demand for Animal Crossing amiibos. But the upside is that patient shoppers like you are now able to pick and choose what they please for a song.

I was hoping something intersting happened like the final 3 smash bros ammibos where finally up but no. Are they ever going to release them? They just keep announcing new lines but no word on the smash

I was hoping something intersting happened like the final 3 smash bros ammibos where finally up but no. Are they ever going to release them? They just keep announcing new lines but no word on the smash
Maybe Nintendo realizes that a bunch of us are going to jump ship after the smash line is done 0_0

I know the Kirby amiibo and game come out Friday, but my store only received  the Kirby amiibo so far. Probably not a big deal, just an observation.

The only AC amiibo I paid full price (minus GCU of course) for was Timmy and Tommy because for a while they were difficult to find anywhere.  I don't know that the Kirby series is going to disappear immediately since preorders are still available everywhere, so I will probably roll the dice on this set too.

yes, me. Im a big kirby fan too. gotta save money
I really want Waddle Dee, but those damn blue bases make me kind of want the set so it looks better on display. I'd be more inclined if 3/4 weren't just new poses of ones in the Smash line.

I really want Waddle Dee, but those damn blue bases make me kind of want the set so it looks better on display. I'd be more inclined if 3/4 weren't just new poses of ones in the Smash line.
I missed Meta Knight and Dedede, so I'm happy to get those. Waddle Dee I waffled on, but he looks great so went for him. Skipping Kirby, we already have one of those and I'm not fond of dupes.

Anyone know if old Kirby and new Kirby function the same in game, or does only the new Kirby have the special mech suit thing?

Anyone else holding off on the Kirby series in hopes that they drop in price like AC?
See, this is the biggest thing on my mind the last couple of weeks. With how Amiibo supply has been, I think that it would be fine to wait, but I'm actually nervous about it to the point that I'm going to go ahead and still buy Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and Dedede on release. I'm sure Kirby will be plentiful.

Anybody know if the new Kirby amiibo work with Rainbow Curse?
I would be very surprised if they didn't. Waddle Dee may not since he wasn't around when the game was released.

Apparently I had an order at Best Buy and they just got delivered. The colors really pop on these! Waddle Dee especially.

Got the Kirby set in yesterday, they look very nice and the bases are a nice choice. A small set is much better way to go moving forward.

Picking up my order of 4 of the 5 figures today. The Kirby one came in the mail separately and it looks very nice. Looking forward to the rest.

I've had the SMB Peach and Yoshi amiibos in my "Save for Later" list for the longest time and they hit $9.99 just today. I don't know how long they will be at that price though.

Peach: http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=3215111

Yoshi: http://www.bestbuy.c...8&skuId=3213017

Toad: http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=3214007

bread's done
Back