amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got confirmation from AmiAmi on my TP and SS Links, was getting worried. Now to backtrack and get the BOTW and 30th Anniversary shit I skipped like an idiot....

My local Best Buy has about a dozen each of the BotW figures...on the overstock shelves and not in the actual isle. Picked up Guardian and Zelda to complete the set. 

As much as I hate Gamestop, they do the best job with shipping amiibo. My TP link came in a solid box well packed, not a bubble mailer like Amazon and Bestbuy.

My local Best Buy has about a dozen each of the BotW figures...on the overstock shelves and not in the actual isle. Picked up Guardian and Zelda to complete the set.
Did you see any Bokoblin? Checked my local BB and they apparently received BOTW amiibo Friday of last week. All gone now, as expected.

Count me in on the regret of not buying it earlier. Actually have an extra Zelda and Guardian now due to the restocks the last week or so but that pesky Bokoblin is nowhere to be found.

thankfully I bought 2 MM links. The manager at gamestop didn't get one and I didn't get to gamestop before they were out of TP preorders, so he got another store to send him a TP and we traded. Got a friend with prime to get me a skyward sword. Can't believe that these have been my hardest amiibo to date to get.

Grabbed 2 wolf links. Had a couple other Amiibo in my cart I've been waiting to pull the trigger on but I might as well get them now. Really confused as to why SAVER didn't work. Probably send them an email about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed 2 wolf links. Had a couple other Amiibo in my cart I've been waiting to pull the trigger on but I might as well get them now. Really confused as to why SAVER didn't work. Probably send them an email about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just tried it again and it worked for me. Did you forget to hit the Apply button after typing the SAVER code?

Does anybody else find it odd that Gamestop is the only online retailer getting more BOTW (and Poochy) stock? I know Best Buy got some in store, but between them not having any online and Amazon not having any online (and Walmart too), it's hard to tell how widespread this "restock" is. The way it looks, Gamestop is just getting all the good stuff, haha.

Yeah..I'm hoping poochy will pop up online at bestbuy again, or at the very least they put the page back up so you can check if it's instore.
I want that Best Buy GCU discount...

Bokoblin amiibo unlocks the worst things. Let's pretend like it was never released.
All of the BotW Amiibo except the horse rider have unlocks that just give you materials of various qualities and nothing special. They are almost as bad as non-Zelda related Amiibo. To get the rare stuff like outfits and weapons, you have to have Legend of Zelda Amiibo that weren't made for the game (all the ones that were hard to find when the game came out). It is kind of ironic, you would think the ones made for the game would give the best stuff.

I held off on the champion Amiibo, which might be a mistake - but I'm not sure they will be anything special. In my opinion Majora Link gives the best unlocks, with a really cool outfit (with the Link outfit set bonus of Master Sword Beam up and an attack modifier you could previously only get from the Berserker set) and weapon.

Holding out for a MM Link restock at Best Buy.

Shame on me for not paying attention. :(
Not promising anything, especially this late, but if you go to your local bestbuy you can ask for an OMS order of MM Link. Just give them the sku and specifically ask for that. They'll be more inclined to try express lane but that won't work.
If there are any available around you, you might get lucky and they'll ship it to the store for you or to your home.

Not promising anything, especially this late, but if you go to bestbuy you can ask for an OMS order of MM Link. Just give them the sku and specifically ask for that. They'll be more inclined to try express lane but that won't work.
Yea thanks for the help. I totally forgot to stop by best buy last weekend when I was in the area. Mostly cause I've been there a lot recently since buying my Switch and figured I spent enough money on Nintendo games. But Amiibos don't count lol.

Yeah, I missed out on wolf link and poochy with GCU because I figured I was spending enough on the Switch/games for it.
I thought the hype was dead and I could wait for a sale at the very least but the fandom had other plans lol...

So I'm gonna have a 16 hour layover in Tokyo on my flight back home from the Philippines. What stores should I hit up for amiibo? I'm gonna try and find my way to akihabara so preferably anywhere there or anywhere relatively close in the Tokyo area. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

Got my skyward sword link today, bubble mailer of course, but only a little banged up. Sword is not quite straight though =/

So I'm gonna have a 16 hour layover in Tokyo on my flight back home from the Philippines. What stores should I hit up for amiibo? I'm gonna try and find my way to akihabara so preferably anywhere there or anywhere relatively close in the Tokyo area. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!
Yodabashi camera is right near the Akihabara JR station and would be a great place to try imo

As with some others, I got my Skyward Sword amiibo from Amazon that was shipped in a mailer. Contacted customer support and instead of a return got 20 percent discount. Not a lot but it was kind of a silly shipping method.

Contact them if you feel the need. You could probably just return the product too if you need it very pristine as well (but I'm sure they have the issue of no stock, but you could ask).

Anyone been able to find the Animal Crossing New Leaf amiibo cards in stock lately? All I can find are the Series 1 - 4 and Mario Sports Superstars packs.

Like others here, mine was crushed almost flat and the top card bent and torn because Amazon decided to ship in a bubble-mailer.

Tried to get a replacement through Amazon chat by giving them a link to the photo.
No luck though, since it's out of stock (he said backordered). But he offered up a full refund, so no complaints here.

Still, I'll be on the lookout for a replacement for my display. It'll probably have to be after the exclusivity agreement runs out, since I don't want to roll the dice with Amazon if I can avoid it.

So the only Zelda Amiibo I need now is the Twilight Princess one from Gamestop and it is impossible to find in my area. I called about 15 different gamestops on release and a few since and the only ones they got were enough to fill their preorders. Many of them employees reserved. If anyone has an extra and is willing to sell it please PM me. I don't want that to be the only one I can't find.

So the only Zelda Amiibo I need now is the Twilight Princess one from Gamestop and it is impossible to find in my area.
It sold out, pretty much through the pre-orders. Until they print another run, you're out of luck. Maybe you can find someone who got a second one and would be willing to part with it, but I don't like your chances. I'm in the same boat, I didn't pre-order, and now I have to wait until they show up again.

Picked up my MM OMS order. i'm surprised it went through honestly. That's a pretty awesome system at bestbuy. Too bad everything can't be ordered that way.

Still looking for the TP Link as well. Almost got one that was sitting in a nearby GameStop all day yesterday...but someone beat me to it this morning..oh well. I couldn't get there any sooner.

Got my skyward sword link today, bubble mailer of course, but only a little banged up. Sword is not quite straight though =/

Yodabashi camera is right near the Akihabara JR station and would be a great place to try imo
Yodobashi at Akiba is a great spot, I've gotten a lot over there and their selection is pretty solid. If you don't want to explore Akiba for other spots, another place I've gotten a lot (and discounted as well) was the Tsutaya right outside of the Shibuya JR station. Take the Hachiko exit (it's the one with the dog statue and the main street crossing with tons of people) cross the street and you'll see a Starbucks in a building on a 2nd floor, (you shouldn't miss the signage outside if you're in the vicinity) the Tsutaya is on the bottom floor and go to one of the lower floors. There's Tsutaya's all over Tokyo but not all of them carry games. I had also gotten a Famicom Mini from there when everywhere else that I normally go to in Tokyo was sold out.

I'm surprise that Amazon send my Amiibo in a box after I read the posts with the padded envelope problem. I guess they also change their mind before send it because my Amiibo was inside a padded envelope when I opened the box.  Thanks to who send the memo before send my Amiibo. 

So the only Zelda Amiibo I need now is the Twilight Princess one from Gamestop and it is impossible to find in my area. I called about 15 different gamestops on release and a few since and the only ones they got were enough to fill their preorders. Many of them employees reserved. If anyone has an extra and is willing to sell it please PM me. I don't want that to be the only one I can't find.
Same :(.

Finally got my hands on one of those Copco Non-Skid 15-Inch Shelf Organizers to display my small but growing Amiibo collection, looks pretty neat. In case if anyone is still considering them....Bed, Bath, and Beyond has them for only eight clams.

Got my MM Link from BB today. Packaged in a perfectly fit box and arrived without any damage. As others, just need TP Link and I'm all caught up there. Guess I'll be waiting on a reprint or for a reprint & exclusivity to end for that one though =/

Yodobashi at Akiba is a great spot, I've gotten a lot over there and their selection is pretty solid. If you don't want to explore Akiba for other spots, another place I've gotten a lot (and discounted as well) was the Tsutaya right outside of the Shibuya JR station. Take the Hachiko exit (it's the one with the dog statue and the main street crossing with tons of people) cross the street and you'll see a Starbucks in a building on a 2nd floor, (you shouldn't miss the signage outside if you're in the vicinity) the Tsutaya is on the bottom floor and go to one of the lower floors. There's Tsutaya's all over Tokyo but not all of them carry games. I had also gotten a Famicom Mini from there when everywhere else that I normally go to in Tokyo was sold out.
Oh, yeah, that place is good too. Wandered in there the last time I was there. Found some special editions randomly among the shelves. Nothing I wanted, but still nice to find.

Does anyone have any tips for the older Zelda amiibo (smash, toon, ocarina, etc)? I've never been an amiibo guy, but the Zelda ones do enough that I'm trying to get just those now. Leave it to Nintendo to make them way more desirable with BotW and not replenish the damn stock of them haha.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back