amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us by me has tons of Villager, Palutena, amiibo 3 packs, among others.

Whew, close call today fellas.  I was in Gamestop and in walks these 2 neckbeards that rush right to the counter with one of them screaming at the top of his lungs "please tell me you have the pre-order option for Neon Pink Inkling Girl amiibo!  Please tell me she is not sold out!!!"

I'm covering my mouth to avoid the almost certain toxic fumes of a body odor/vomit mix as the Gamestop employee's face starts to turn green.  That was my cue.

I rush out quickly forcing the door closed and start gasping for fresh air.  A young mother and her son are heading in the direction of the store, with the door closed and me standing directly in front of it.

"DO NOT GO IN THERE!" I gasp, still short on breath.  "Do not go in until those 2 men that have beards that connect to their chest hair leave!  It smells really bad in there!"  

"Damn neck beards, they ruin everything!" she hollers as she grabs her son's hand and they rush off into the hallmark card store next door.

Looks like I dodged another bullet boys.  I guess this neon pink splatoon amiibo is really bringing them out in full force this week.

For those just tuning in wondering what exactly is a neckbeard, it certainly is not someone that has a well groomed beard.  A neckbeard is a talkative, self-important nerdy man (usually age 30 and up) who, through an inability to properly decode social cues, mistakes others' strained tolerance of their blather for evidence of their own charm.  

Avoid at all costs.  If you even catch a glimpse of someone wearing a fedora that also displays any of the following, run and run fast:

1. Trenchcoat. 
2. Greasy hair 
3. Ponytail
4. Dyed hair
5. Beard connects to chest hair
6. Pedostache
7. Wears all black

You can assume: 
-virgin 
-furry 
-live in their parent's basement 
-watch anime 
-read manga 
-inflated, hollow self esteem 
-will laugh at things that arent very funny 
-are or were obese 
-educated slightly better than the average person 
-will NOT understand the Neckbeard concept 
-card games 
-board games 
-conventions 
-bronie 
-hasnt bathed in days, and if you get close, you can confirm, but if you do they will think you're making a sexual pass at them and excrete more stench.

Neckbeards are often found in acting, choir, or other socially maladjusted arts.  They salivate over objects like amiibo or action figures from the 1980's, early 1990's.  

Now I know some of us purchase amiibo from the local stores rather than online, but be VERY cautious of these types.  If you sense something is wrong, turn around and walk the other way.  It's just not worth the risk.  Your lungs will thank you for it.

The best part is how in trying to point out and explain what a "nerdy loser" is, he becomes one himself. It's like an M. Night Shyamalan plot twist. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the BB Guardian restock. Picked one up this morning (they had 8 on the floor).

They also had around 12 Archer Links. No other BotW Amiibo were restocked at my store.
Wanted to echo this same thing. Appreciate the heads up on the BB restock. Went there today and picked up an Archer Link, Rider Link, Zelda, and Guardian. I couldn't believe how many Zeldas they had. I love that the GCU works with amiibos. This membership has more than paid for itself.

Wanted to echo this same thing. Appreciate the heads up on the BB restock. Went there today and picked up an Archer Link, Rider Link, Zelda, and Guardian. I couldn't believe how many Zeldas they had. I love that the GCU works with amiibos. This membership has more than paid for itself.
I spent about $30 for 6 years of GCU. Amiibos have covered that alone and I passed that milestone in the first couple of months. Absolutely worth the investment. Still kicking myself for not buying more when it was insanely cheap.

I spent about $30 for 6 years of GCU. Amiibos have covered that alone and I passed that milestone in the first couple of months. Absolutely worth the investment. Still kicking myself for not buying more when it was insanely cheap.
Me too. Bought 3 years of GCU (which is actually up sometime next year.) Honestly, I never expected BBY to keep GCU around this long. Or if they did keep it around, I figured they would majorly scale back the program (like My Best Buy.) Color me suprised.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Can only do pickup at my local BB store for Guardian amiibo. Rest could be delivered. #weird.

So I guess I'll be dropping in the store when it's ready and see what else they got on the shelf...

EDIT: Also caved and got GCU...cause like...cheaper.

Some are going in and out of stock.  Zelda was out, but restocked for store pickup at a ton of stores near me for next week.  Guardian as well.  I think they are shifting over incoming warehouse inventory to be available now for pickups later.

Sweet, I was able to score Zelda, Link w/ Horse and a Guardian today.  Now I just need to get the Wind Waker two pack and I'll be a happy Zelda nerd. 

Sweet, I was able to score Zelda, Link w/ Horse and a Guardian today. Now I just need to get the Wind Waker two pack and I'll be a happy Zelda nerd.
Same here, need the two pack and OOT Link, and that's it for Zelda amiibo. What kills me is I saw both of them in stores, but had passed cause at the time amiibo had been better stocked, and our new kid was on the way, so figured I'd pick them up later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tempted to get Rider Link for the sake of completion, but already getting this month:

rp50a3S.jpg

Same here, need the two pack and OOT Link, and that's it for Zelda amiibo. What kills me is I saw both of them in stores, but had passed cause at the time amiibo had been better stocked, and our new kid was on the way, so figured I'd pick them up later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yep, me too. I saw them all in store early on and tried that whole "der der der, I'm gonna be responsible" thing.

Me too. Bought 3 years of GCU (which is actually up sometime next year.) Honestly, I never expected BBY to keep GCU around this long. Or if they did keep it around, I figured they would majorly scale back the program (like My Best Buy.) Color me suprised.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Hopefully, it will stay for a long time. I bought in for the first the first time in the beginning of the year and it already saved me more in just amiibos then if I didn't get it.

With Amazon cutting back on Prime, I have already brought a couple new releases at Best Buy. Probably will be doing more soon, especially for Amiibo's as well if I can catch them there

PSA The coupons for the free to join "Skylanders Club" to get $14.99 off of any Skylander work on other IGF (Interactive Gaming Figures) like AMIIBO (got 3 BOTW Amiibo this way so far).  If you are not a member you need to add it to your GS PUR account and then for every 4 skylanders you get a 5th Free (coupon appears in your PUR account a few days after purchase.  Seems like it may not be worth it for most CAGs, however certain areas have clearance figures for $0.97-$1.97 each.  Also certain starter packs with 3-5 figures do count towards this total but I do not know which ones...  

PSA The coupons for the free to join "Skylanders Club" to get $14.99 off of any Skylander work on other IGF (Interactive Gaming Figures) like AMIIBO (got 3 BOTW Amiibo this way so far). If you are not a member you need to add it to your GS PUR account and then for every 4 skylanders you get a 5th Free (coupon appears in your PUR account a few days after purchase. Seems like it may not be worth it for most CAGs, however certain areas have clearance figures for $0.97-$1.97 each. Also certain starter packs with 3-5 figures do count towards this total but I do not know which ones...
I found my original receipt from joining the Skylanders club with a promo code # if the employee can't find the barcode card maybe they can input the promo #:

It says "Skylanders Loyalty Card" 321061 promo #16091

Does GCU work on the Champions pre-orders? Before adding to cart it displays the discount, but at checkout it does not.

Still pre-ordering, but hopefully can be applied retroactively since I am a current subscriber. (Note, I am a recent GCU member but used online and in-store since subscription)

EDIT: Called support. Kind of got a guy that couldn't communicate well but was friendly and retroactively is giving me 20 percent off. 

Same here.  Can't do shipping, can't do pickup.  This is ridiculous.

Looks like I missed it again.  Hopefully more get put up.

Yea same here, added to my cart but changed to not available to ship or pickup.

Now really too bummed yet. I kind of want to know what they will unlock. Probably won't know till close to the second season pass release.

I pre-ordered the amiibos from Best Buy using my debit card. When I go to pick it up, would I be able to do a return and rebuy using a gift card?

PSA The coupons for the free to join "Skylanders Club" to get $14.99 off of any Skylander work on other IGF (Interactive Gaming Figures) like AMIIBO (got 3 BOTW Amiibo this way so far). If you are not a member you need to add it to your GS PUR account and then for every 4 skylanders you get a 5th Free (coupon appears in your PUR account a few days after purchase. Seems like it may not be worth it for most CAGs, however certain areas have clearance figures for $0.97-$1.97 each. Also certain starter packs with 3-5 figures do count towards this total but I do not know which ones...
the original ad for this says the figures have to be $9.99 or more to count for the free figure and you need six. Do the clearance figures count because they were originally higher priced?

Does anybody remember if the Alm & Celica 2-pack was ever out of stock for preorders? I missed the Metroid 2-pack (again) and was wondering if they did the same thing.

the original ad for this says the figures have to be $9.99 or more to count for the free figure and you need six. Do the clearance figures count because they were originally higher priced?
Clearance figures have always worked for me; but it has been probably 3 months since I last tried. They have changed the club without really updating the info, it used to be $9.99 off any figure now it is $14.99 off because that's the new MSRP of the figures.

Just called to put a hold on TP Link. Employee sounded pretty green so hopefully it's still there when I get off work. *fingers crossed*

Just called to put a hold on TP Link. Employee sounded pretty green so hopefully it's still there when I get off work. *fingers crossed*
I called, the guy took 5 min reading until he flat told me a guest bought 20min ago and the system didn't update yet.

He took the damn amiibo. Next time, I will go there and ask myself.

The Metroid 2-pack's been slipping in and out at Best Buy all day long. Managed to finally sneak in an order for one.

Now that I look, seems like the BotW champions are doing the same thing.

The item is available in the store listed. The only problem is quantity. Better call and make sure.
Not necessarily true. It does likely mean that they had stock. Half the stores I called were on my local listings did not have any.

One store said they had 4 total and that was the largest in the area. I bought their last two (although he asked if I was going to resell it).

NOTE: My store ALSO had a restock of Wolf Link Amiibo, where I bought one of their two.

Tried 8 GameStops and all of them only had them for preorders. I found that hard to believe, but I talked to two managers and they confirmed at two of the stores. Guess I'm just out of luck.

Tried 8 GameStops and all of them only had them for preorders. I found that hard to believe, but I talked to two managers and they confirmed at two of the stores. Guess I'm just out of luck.
Not trying to advertise, but some of us are up for trade. Haven't checked the value personally. I'm sure the trading thread has/will have some posts. *cough, I do, cough*

I already got a Twilight Princess amiibo for the girlfriend at launch, but picked up 1 out of the 2 my local GS had today. Now I've got an extra Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess.

bread's done
Back