amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because GameStop TOTALLY cares about that instead of money.
Do people not realize GameStops entire business model is BASED ON SCALPING!?

Think about what they do. They purchase games, hardware, and accessories from lazy customers who don't want to put in the effort to sell on their own, and offer the lowest amount possible, then they go off and sell the copy for $5 less than a new copy. Is that not basically scalping?

Think about what they do. They purchase games, hardware, and accessories from lazy customers who don't want to put in the effort to sell on their own, and offer the lowest amount possible, then they go off and sell the copy for $5 less than a new copy. Is that not basically scalping?

You're describing what's called a "used-market." Conveniently, you're blaming the corporation and not the "lazy customers" who would rather get new gaming items than keep their old ones.

Unlike us, many people just don't want to spend time/effort/money into this hobby. That's okay.

No, but getting a secret reprint of a rare game and selling them 'used' for a price higher than the original MSRP for a New copy is and they've done that.

No, but getting a secret reprint of a rare game and selling them 'used' for a price higher than the original MSRP for a New copy is and they've done that.
What all games did they do that to? Game Cube Re2 and re3 , Wii Xenoblade and, PS2 Shin Megami games is all I can remember .

my local bestbuy had a restock on the marjoas mask link, about 10 on the shelf when i turned the corner. i gasped so loudly that my wife thought something happened to me, grabbed 2 and left the store for 10$ a piece.

check stores regularly, i didnt think id see em in stores again, but i was pleasantly surprised and got what i wanted,

and like someone else said, might be able to wrangle a warehouse order if you want to go that route, im still on the hunt for a goddamn copy of starfox zero for my wii u collection.

BB site been screwy tonight. Metroid 2pack was available for preorder for a moment. I tried to preorder, chose a store then went to change the store and it said not available and wouldn't let me check out. Few minutes later same thing happened with Tiki amiibo, but this time I got to and completed checkout. I have an email saying I have Tiki pre-ordered but the site now says it's unavailable.

my local bestbuy had a restock on the marjoas mask link, about 10 on the shelf when i turned the corner. i gasped so loudly that my wife thought something happened to me, grabbed 2 and left the store for 10$ a piece.

check stores regularly, i didnt think id see em in stores again, but i was pleasantly surprised and got what i wanted,

and like someone else said, might be able to wrangle a warehouse order if you want to go that route, im still on the hunt for a goddamn copy of starfox zero for my wii u collection.
My gamestops around me all have a bunch of zeroes but I can't find any of the good amiibos to save my life.

BB site been screwy tonight. Metroid 2pack was available for preorder for a moment. I tried to preorder, chose a store then went to change the store and it said not available and wouldn't let me check out. Few minutes later same thing happened with Tiki amiibo, but this time I got to and completed checkout. I have an email saying I have Tiki pre-ordered but the site now says it's unavailable.
I read your post too fast and thought the 3DS Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition was back in stock. I went straight to Bestbuy.com to check it out just in case. To my surprise, it actually is in stock so I placed an order for shipping. Thank-you for helping in a way that you didn't even mean to. :)

I read your post too fast and thought the 3DS Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition was back in stock. I went straight to Bestbuy.com to check it out just in case. To my surprise, it actually is in stock so I placed an order for shipping. Thank-you for helping in a way that you didn't even mean to. :)
That's cool, but it has been in stock again for a while (and still is in stock). Apparently the numbers on this are going to be pretty high, or people realized that paying $10 for a soundtrack and a flippable insert isn't worth it (to them). I'm really looking forward to this game, but I'm in that category - regular version for me. I think the original going out of stock was stores being cautious and resellers being overly aggressive on orders then realizing it isn't going to be a big money maker and cancelling.

If you are still on the fence about the Skylanders Amiibo ( Skymiibo ) The Toys R Us exclusive with Dark Bowser variant is on sale this week for $9.99 ... $29+ ships free online or free store pickup.  Also the regular bowser (wii) version is $9.99 and the regular Donkey Kong (Wii U) at $9.99 .  I believe the Dark Donkey Kong is a gamestop exclusive and not available online anymore but clearanced out in local stores for $15.97. Happy Hunting.

My Corrin p2 arrived in a box with no packing material of any kind but was completely undamaged, I already threw away all the packaging but it was cool that despite amazon trying, it Wasn't damaged.

Amazon Warehouse Deals seem to have Corrin P2 - Used - Very Good for $7.74. I assume they are dingers?

Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small scratches (less than 1/4" x 1/4") on top, front or sides of item. Small scratches (less than 1/2" x 1/2") on bottom or back of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B071Y79VNL/ref=olp_f_used Back-ordered. Due in stock August 9

Gone

Amazon Warehouse Deals seem to have Corrin P2 - Used - Very Good for $7.74. I assume they are dingers?

[font='Amazon Ember', Arial, sans-serif]Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small scratches (less than 1/4" x 1/4") on top, front or sides of item. Small scratches (less than 1/2" x 1/2") on bottom or back of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.[/size][/font]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B071Y79VNL/ref=olp_f_used [font='Amazon Ember', Arial, sans-serif]Back-ordered. Due in stock August 9[/size][/font]
Those went fast

[font='Amazon Ember', Arial, sans-serif]Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Small scratches (less than 1/4" x 1/4") on top, front or sides of item. Small scratches (less than 1/2" x 1/2") on bottom or back of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.[/size][/font]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B071Y79VNL/ref=olp_f_used [font='Amazon Ember', Arial, sans-serif]Back-ordered. Due in stock August 9[/size][/font]
Yes. Any amiibo on warehouse deals is.

Cautionary tale...preordered the Samus 2-pack from Walmart because I was on the fence about it and they seem to have the least restrictive return policy. My card ended up being compromised (which I'm pretty sure is a lie because that has never happened and my new card showed up "chipped" just out of the blue) and I was unable to change form of payment on Walmart's website. Called their customer service and was told there was no way to make the change in their system. I'd have to cancel my preorder and then re-preorder on the new card. Told them there is no way I could do that since preorders were sold out. Was basically given the phone equivalent of a blank stare after that. Now I'm basically out here on an island waiting for the inevitable, soul crushing eBay prices/unsuccesful store runs. Long story short, I hate everything. I hate everyone.

Corrin Player 2 up on Amazon for those who didn't see the front page or get alerts, GOGOGO !! Limit 1 per person still.

This has been up for order a lot longer than it was on release date.

Of course the only recent amiibo I missed out on was MM Link at Best Buy and there are no indications the website will start selling it again. Read all these reports about local stores getting restocked but none at any of the 5 near me and no luck on OMS orders from the warehouse.

I haven't bought any amiibos in a while but I collect all the FE ones and some Smash so I'm interested in Corrin and Cloud. Am I better off just getting them at 20% with GCU or can I wait for a sale? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Lucina go on sale. And the P2 ones will eventually make their way to best buy, yeah? I remember them getting some of the retailer exclusives after a while. If they skyrocket I'll just buy the JP ones.

I haven't bought any amiibos in a while but I collect all the FE ones and some Smash so I'm interested in Corrin and Cloud. Am I better off just getting them at 20% with GCU or can I wait for a sale? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Lucina go on sale. And the P2 ones will eventually make their way to best buy, yeah? I remember them getting some of the retailer exclusives after a while. If they skyrocket I'll just buy the JP ones.
I would get them with GCU. Usually those types of Amiibos are not too hard to find after release, but aren't mass-produced enough to the point where they get clearanced like the Animal Crossing or Super Mario Bros. series ones. So you can get them for 2-3 months after release but once they sell out, they're gone. Roy, Ike, and Marth were like this, and Alm/Celica look to be like this too

You might save a couple bucks if you wait a few months but that's not a risk I'd be willing to take :)

Got the last GS Cloud aaaaaaand I'm done with getting both of him. Nice to luck out and not endure a headache trying to get an exclusive for once.

Corrin P2 showed up here. Correct amiibo, so that's good.

Came in a box a little big with zero padding. It came in better than I expected. Not mint, but not bad.

Sure thing. But I missed Metroid again... Got it in my cart, not available for pickup. In cart again, not available for shipping. Then it would say in-store ordering only. Now, it's gone, "coming soon".

Got the Champions finally. Gambling on having them shipped this time. In store is more reliable in my experience but I'm feeling lazy and shipping was free since the order went over the minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back