amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a chance to get to TRU and couldnt spot any Windwaker Toon Links, looks like I'm back to shitty import/scalper prices unless my last store has one tomorrow.

Actually looks like prices have fell atleast though.....so $23 is better than the $35-$40 I saw a few weeks ago.
My TRU had a ton of them. Really lame they bothered re-releasing without Zelda, especially since their poses complemented each other. Not as well as the Mario Odyssey 3 pack, but he still looks stupid alone. Of the Champions, I've only found a Mipha in stores. Really like her.

Went to a local store today and they had probably close to 200 amiibo on the shelves. They had the new Wind Waker release which I picked up. They also had tons of the new Guardians and also like 15 of the original Samus clearanced for$9.98.

It clearly says what is excluded, and neither Nintendo or Amiibo are mentioned, so I imagine as long as the one you are buying is over $10, it should work. I don't know how you got that deal, though, as I certainly have never been offered it.

My brother's Cyber Monday package from Walmart arrived today. It included all four Champions, Rider and Crossbow Link, the Guardian, and Zelda, all for $80.

If you would could you post what you find at Greenwood if you happen to go? I went to a few close to Indy to look for clearance games and found nothing. Was going to try Greenwood but ran out of time.
Jack shit at either. East County Line was totally cleaned out and I couldnt find anything of value. Washington Street had a few cheap games like Mass Effect Andromeda and a couple others, but none of the good stuff like Stardew or anything else on sale.

Worst part was they didn't even have the clearance or red stickers on the stuff, so you had to read through all the tags to try to see what they had on sale prices

Got my WW Link atleast, so I'm happy

It clearly says what is excluded, and neither Nintendo or Amiibo are mentioned, so I imagine as long as the one you are buying is over $10, it should work. I don't know how you got that deal, though, as I certainly have never been offered it.
For what it's worth that deal is available to everyone that follows the rules of it, you don't have to be offered it. Just make sure your pretax subtotal is over $10 on your store pickup order during the promotion's time frame and you should be good.

And goodie, just got home and see somehow TRU double charged me for my Amiibo instore despite it not being on the receipt or anything. Hope this doesnt turn into an issue

And goodie, just got home and see somehow TRU double charged me for my Amiibo instore despite it not being on the receipt or anything. Hope this doesnt turn into an issue
I got double charged for the Amiibo level end displays I ordered last week. Going to wait until it arrives before disputing.

I got double charged for the Amiibo level end displays I ordered last week. Going to wait until it arrives before disputing.
It was online though? I never had any sort of issue with getting double charged in store, and I don't think the employee screwed up or did anything malicious either

My TRU order for the End Level Amiibo Displays has yet to ship. Wonder if they are backed up in shipping. Anyone else have issues?

Why is it that Target can't tell me something is unavailable for shipping before I click on the item?  Also what's up with the scalper prices on some of these unavailable ones like Mewtwo?

Jack shit at either. East County Line was totally cleaned out and I couldnt find anything of value. Washington Street had a few cheap games like Mass Effect Andromeda and a couple others, but none of the good stuff like Stardew or anything else on sale.

Worst part was they didn't even have the clearance or red stickers on the stuff, so you had to read through all the tags to try to see what they had on sale prices

Got my WW Link atleast, so I'm happy
Thanks for posting your findings you saved me a trip. Sucks there wasn't anything was hoping there would be something considering IMO Greenwood has the better TRU around.

Thanks for posting your findings you saved me a trip. Sucks there wasn't anything was hoping there would be something considering IMO Greenwood has the better TRU around.
Yeah from past experiences it definitely seemed like the best. Also Washington Street in the past was where I had amazing Amiibo finds back when they were still rare since people hardly went there back then. (I got like 2 or 3 of the exclusives there after missing them at Castleton)

TRU is only shipping 2 of the end level displays I ordered and is now charging me $5.99 shipping because my order total is now below minimum for free shipping because they won't fulfill my full order...

The Poochy amiibo got real expensive from the last time I checked. $60+ for just the amiibo and the Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World game/amiibo bundle is going for $100. I had one Gamestop within 20 miles of me that had a copy of the bundle left and it was $39.99 so I picked it up. I just wanted the amiibo so after selling off the game it will only have cost me $15 or so which isn't bad.

The Poochy amiibo got real expensive from the last time I checked. $60+ for just the amiibo and the Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World game/amiibo bundle is going for $100. I had one Gamestop within 20 miles of me that had a copy of the bundle left and it was $39.99 so I picked it up. I just wanted the amiibo so after selling off the game it will only have cost me $15 or so which isn't bad.
FML, I sold mine for $30 a few months ago.

What's everyones wishlist of amiibo's that Nintendo hasn't done yet? My top five (only going with Nintendo characters):

1. Captain Toad

2. Toadette

3. Birdo

4. Luigi's Mansion Luigi

5. Tingle

Wow, had no idea, I picked up the amiibo on a whim when I saw it at a Gamestop, noticed I hadn't really seen it anywhere else. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any more of them.

TRU is only shipping 2 of the end level displays I ordered and is now charging me $5.99 shipping because my order total is now below minimum for free shipping because they won't fulfill my full order...
Mine still have yet to ship, what time did you order them? I'm starting to think they will cancel my order.

I just ordered sheik and both wind waker amiibo from this site for normal price. I used paypal and it's shipped. No tracking though. They also have bokoblin for $13 and change.

https://hlj.com/search/go?w=amiibo
Thanks! Got a Bokoblin for ~$12.85.

Now I just need poochy and the mario DK. Was waiting for the latter to clearance out but it just seems to have disappeared.

Mine still have yet to ship, what time did you order them? I'm starting to think they will cancel my order.
I ordered at 2:44pm Pacific on the promotion day. Turns out I just got the extra WW Link amiibo that I ordered to get to $29 for free shipping (no shipping email was sent to me by TRU). It was in a huge bubble mailer and it's really beat up. Ultimate return.

Edit: after I hit submit I got confirmation of shipping of the other two end level displays I ordered. Total 4 shipped + 1 WW Link. I made a rookie math error in my rush to order and ordered just under $29 (total $27.94), so shipping cost of $5.99 makes sense ...

What's everyones wishlist of amiibo's that Nintendo hasn't done yet? My top five (only going with Nintendo characters):

1. Captain Toad

2. Toadette

3. Birdo

4. Luigi's Mansion Luigi

5. Tingle
"Link to The Past" Link.

"Link to the Past" Ganon (Would be as big as Daruk)

Crono

Terra

Cecil

Peppy Hare

doing franchises that have at least one amiibo already

dixie kong

king k rool

tails

knuckles

robotnik (sadly, it would be eggman)

honorable mention: tingle

$13 after shipping?
Haven’t gotten a quote for it yet. The website waits till it can calculate rates and sends them to you. Hopefully they don’t gouge me on it.. really a strange shipping system. You can put it in a ‘private warehouse’ if you want to order more stuff later and have it all shipped at once. Might just leave it in holding if shipping is high and hope they get the JP only Amiibo in.

EDIT: just got the bill. 1905 Yen. Not bad. Only a few dollars more than it would be in store. Now the painful month(s) of waiting begins.

Dream Amiibo top five is tough but I’d have to go with:

1) Crono (shocker I know)
2) Mega Man X
3) Tingle
4) Geno/Mallow
5) an r-wing/blue falcon

I could do this all day, I’d like to see the obvious choices from any of the following franchises: more Mario and Zelda, Batman (or any DC/Marvel stuff really), Joe & Mac, TMNT, Mega Man/Mega Man X (can you say Amiibo functionality for MM 11?), more SF, Ghostbusters (*the real), F-Zero drivers and their respective cars, PunchOut, Golden Sun (the djinn would be sic), Contra, Castlevania, Dragonball, Elebits, Viewtiful Joe, Battletoads, and last but most (literally) Pokemon.

Honorable mention goes to Big Boo from SMW simply because, if they scaled it right it’d have to be almost as big as Mega Yarn Yoshi and that would be sweet to see glow in the dark.

Haven’t gotten a quote for it yet. The website waits till it can calculate rates and sends them to you. Hopefully they don’t gouge me on it.. really a strange shipping system. You can put it in a ‘private warehouse’ if you want to order more stuff later and have it all shipped at once. Might just leave it in holding if shipping is high and hope they get the JP only Amiibo in.
i shouldve checked for amiibo on that site. i did order some figures around black friday.

If you were on the fence on buying the bayonetta amiibo for $8, you should probably go ahead and pull the trigger now. With the Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch, it is sure to skyrocket in value.

If you were on the fence on buying the bayonetta amiibo for $8, you should probably go ahead and pull the trigger now. With the Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch, it is sure to skyrocket in value.
upromise 5% + chase freedom 5% at walmart = extra 10% off, in for 100 of them.

So I've been a 3ds owner for a year. And just now getting around to these things.

Let me get this straight, these things sometimes unlock parts of the game inaccessible to others. But they are also limited edition.

I'm less concerned about extra costumes or stuff like that. But the custom knight in shovel knight and fusion mode in metroid look great. But now those amiibos are hard to find? Are there other ones that unlock major sections of the game? I mean I'm all for cool looking decorations that also happen to unlock things but like rare things that alter gameplay? That sorta bums me out.

Since I'm new to this world, I'm not positive if I have it right. Any idea or workarounds?

Last edited:
So I've been a 3ds owner for a year. And just now getting around to these things.

Let me get this straight, these things sometimes unlock parts of the game inaccessible to others. But they are also limited edition.

I'm less concerned about extra costumes or stuff like that. But the custom knight in shovel knight and fusion mode in metroid look great. But now those amiibos are hard to find? Are there other ones that unlock major sections of the game? I mean I'm all for cool looking decorations that also happen to unlock things but like rare things that alter gameplay? That sorta bums me out.

Since I'm new to this world, I'm not positive if I have it right. Any idea or workarounds?
There are some cards you can buy off of ebay that have the amiibo chips without the figures. They save space and $$. You miss out on the figure though but you get the game content unlocked.

Here is an example, this link is not an endorsement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-PCS-NFC-Tag-Card-ZELDA-BREATH-OF-THE-WILD-WOLF-LINK-For-Switch-Wii-U/292338302976?hash=item4410b88000:m:mK6oWuTM6AgLtxd_4hw_81Q

Well, the obvious work-around is to get an NFC writer, and a stack of NFC tags, and do-it-yourself. There is also the option of buying a pre-made set of amiibo cards. Some people on-line are taking the NFC codes from the amiibos, writing them to NFC tags, and then embedding those tags in collectible printed cards. (like trading cards, but which serve as amiibo)

There's also an NFC gizmo you can buy that can be switched to transmit NFC codes for all of the different amiibo. Personally, I'd prefer the cards approach. Or possibly the writer. All of these options are much, much cheaper than acquiring all of the individual amiibos. For the in-game functionality, all you really need is a NFC tag with the correct code written to it, that's all. And NFC isn't a "closed" technology. Anyone with the know-how and some fairly cheap hardware can replicate the functionality of the average amiibo on the cheaps.

To go along with the two posts above, if you have a Samsung phone with NFC then you can buy NFC cards for cheap online and write to them using your phone. There are sites where you can download the NFC tag values. The only reason you need to write to a card (versus just using your phone to transmit the code) is because there's some sort of "read-only" feature that must be transmitted with the NFC tag (probably a check bit of some kind).

I havent done this but plan to some day. This is probably technically illegal, and it's certainly unethical. Good luck!

This is probably technically illegal, and it's certainly unethical.
Technically, no. Like I mentioned, NFC is not a closed technology. There's never been any way for Nintendo to "secure" their amiibo's NFC codes. Interested parties were able to reverse-engineer the amiibos practically from day one. And you can't copyright or patent the digital NFC codes themselves. Going with a do-it-yourself solution would neither be illegal, nor particularly unethical.

Selling that solution after you've produced it, especially if it featured Nintendo-branded art and/or iconography, THAT would be illegal. Don't do that. But the more home-brewed approach to gaining access to amiibos is relatively harmless. If all you want is access to in-game functionality, I don't really see any problem with that approach.

bread's done
Back