amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never done the amibo thing but have a Wii U and BoTW. I guess the Smash Bros Link allows you to get Epona? Or is that just the Switch version of the game?

Honestly don’t even know how you use them, lol.

To clear up some confusion, Gamestop is not currently taking pre-orders for the Solaire amiibo in-store.
To further clear up some confustion, Gamestop is currently allowing web-in-store pre-orders for thee Solaire amiibo. These are the orders where the customer pays in full up front and the item is delivered to their address of choice (at a cost). I just had an order placed at my local store about an hour ago and the employee confirmed that they are not doing traditional store preorders...but the web-in-store is (was?) still active.

To further clear up some confustion, Gamestop is currently allowing web-in-store pre-orders for thee Solaire amiibo. These are the orders where the customer pays in full up front and the item is delivered to their address of choice (at a cost). I just had an order placed at my local store about an hour ago and the employee confirmed that they are not doing traditional store preorders...but the web-in-store is (was?) still active.
that lying wench...

I should have known to talk to one of the guys that knows what he is doing.

I'm done jumping through hoops to get an amiibo.  If they don't want to stock it in sufficient quantities then I won't get it.  Note: if the Gamestop that used to be a mile away from me didn't close down then maybe I would do the web-in-store to home thing but I'm not driving 12 miles out of my way for it.

Thanks! I was able to get one just now with that method. I haven't gotten a lot of amiibos since I finished the SSB line, but this one is awesome.

Check with your stores also because when I ordered Web In Store before for amiibo, it was free shipping if I had it sent to the store instead of my home address.

I was also told by the manager at my home store that Gamestop most likely won't be doing in-store preorders for the Dark Souls amiibo.
I was able to do a web-in-store order through, as already mentioned by others. However, the system was charging $5 for shipping regardless of being shipped to the store or my house, so I had just had it shipped to my house.

YMMV... my Toys R Us had Chibi Robo Zip Lash game and amiibo under clearance for $8.98. Got an extra 25% off. Paid $7.19 total

PSA: For anyone thinking of ordering that Super Mario Cereal from Target on the front page, Kellogg's has started shipping that cereal without the Amiibo support. So you may end up with a box of Janky ass Lucky Charms, without the bonus, so please be aware this fact.

Man, that's some bullcrap, they didn't have those two for the longest time when I was looking for them and had to order them straight from Nintendo.

There are still a few Targets in the San Fernando Valley that are carrying amiibos besides just the Animal Crossing ones: over the last few days I’ve managed to grab Shovel Knight, 8-Bit Link, Dr. Mario, Waluigi and Daisy from various stores, all for $6.48. They also have listings for Ganondorf, OoT Link, WW Toon Link & Zelda, and wedding Mario, Bowser & Peach on their website, but nothing even remotely close to me.

There are still a few Targets in the San Fernando Valley that are carrying amiibos besides just the Animal Crossing ones: over the last few days I’ve managed to grab Shovel Knight, 8-Bit Link, Dr. Mario, Waluigi and Daisy from various stores, all for $6.48. They also have listings for Ganondorf, OoT Link, WW Toon Link & Zelda, and wedding Mario, Bowser & Peach on their website, but nothing even remotely close to me.
If it's not too much... A shovel knight amiibo would be amazing. I would gladly pay you back plus shipping

WTF is it 2016. Killing me, Nintendo.

There was only one left at the Target I found mine at, but Brickseek is claiming there are two others with limited stock near me. I can stop by after work tomorrow and check for you.
People say CAG is not what it used to be but I'll be damned if that isn't a super cool thing to do for a person you don't know. Awesome.

There was only one left at the Target I found mine at, but Brickseek is claiming there are two others with limited stock near me. I can stop by after work tomorrow and check for you.
For sure!! I'm all in. Seriously. You're awesome for even considering it.

The nintendo website has urbosa, revali, and durak in stock. Its $5 for shipping per order.

Still looking for a reasonable priced mipha. 

People say CAG is not what it used to be but I'll be damned if that isn't a super cool thing to do for a person you don't know. Awesome.
Not a big deal at all. Just hope there are (and I’ve experienced it first hand, so I KNOW there are) there are other CAGs out there that would do the same for me if the tables were turned.
For sure!! I'm all in. Seriously. You're awesome for even considering it.
[attachment=29823:IMG_0305.JPG]
Left work expecting to go to two stores, but only had to visit one: “limited stock” turned out to be three of the guys hanging in the amiibo section. Grabbed two and left the last one for someone else. PM me your info so we can talk specifics and I get this to you ASAP. [emoji106]

Looks like Toys R Us is (unfortunately,) officially dead now. So the amiibo game is going to be an even bigger grind going forward...😞

Not a big deal at all. Just hope there are (and I’ve experienced it first hand, so I KNOW there are) there are other CAGs out there that would do the same for me if the tables were turned.
IMG_0305.JPG
Left work expecting to go to two stores, but only had to visit one: “limited stock” turned out to be three of the guys hanging in the amiibo section. Grabbed two and left the last one for someone else. PM me your info so we can talk specifics and I get this to you ASAP. [emoji106]
Sent.

Pearl and Marina amiibo pre-ordered. Got it locked in.

I know it isn't the cheap-ass way to go about things, but I don't like lining up at stores unless I have to.

Really hoping the Dark Souls amiibo goes back up for sale. Missed it

I guess it just sort of seems like a specialty item. It doesn't fit the established planogram for amiibos. Obviously it doesn't matter much since most of the pegs are empty these days though.

Mine came in the mail today. Comedically large, not sure it needs to be this size at all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

They had to do something other than just adding a hat to a normal sized Pikachu to get people to buy it. ;)

bread's done
Back