amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So around me gamestop walmart and target got rid of amiibo in store and now best buy has allmost none. I guess order them online then have them ship in bubble mailer is the way to go for me.

I'm kind of glad for a lull in new amiibo.  I don't have the funds to buy a ton of them like before, with all the new video games coming out.  amiibo will be back, in time.  This should only help increase the value on the desirable ones we own as well.

It's pretty clear that Nintendo is going full force with Labo and trying to get people to buy cardboard for $69.99.   Those have insane margins.  They either don't want people to be distracted with other Nintendo peripherals on the shelves, or retailers don't have the additional shelf space allocation for more Nintendo accessories, but I'm guessing it's more the former. 

Five Below is charging $5 for European amiibos that stores here couldn't sell the American versions of at about the same price because no one wants them like Lucas, Palutena and famicom ROB. They should be $2 at most.

If that's the case, shouldn't the rest of the line be re-released including the impossible to find champions.

I've had plenty of opportunities to get the giant guardian, but the price and sheer size of it has kept me away so far. It's cool and would like the amiibo features. I'm kinda running out of room to put these things.
If I can ever manage to sell my excess funko items, I will have plenty of room for all kinds of Nintendo goodies. Lol

I work for a Best Buy and have chatted with our two Nintendo reps and they seem unwilling to say if we will get much more amiibos in. But signs are pointing to no with any older ones. We got a crap ton of wedding peach and a couple more detective pikachus in last week.

I finally bit on Detective Pikachu. It's just too unique and too ridiculous to not get. I have to say, I was not disappointed. It's too bloody expensive, though--even with GCU.

I finally bit on Detective Pikachu. It's just too unique and too ridiculous to not get. I have to say, I was not disappointed. It's too bloody expensive, though--even with GCU.
Not as expensive as Mega Yarn Yoshi, but as display items they both rock. I love having Godzilla Yoshi hovering over the other Amiibo on the SMB end of level display. If you want them simply for their in game purposes, then yeah way too much for them.

I've got a feeling we are getting more of some Zelda Amiibo for Hyrule Warriors, and for the most part that's what we will get is a few re-released for new games and maybe a couple for the headline titles from here out. I highly doubt we get a full run for Switch Smash, maybe more re-releases and a few new ones for the new characters that don't already have Amiibo.

Dark souls amiibo is available rn at GameStop. It might take a few tries before it actually goes through, I checked out with PayPal and it went through easily. Good luck!

I'm not paying $15.99 +$5.00 for shipping.

I called the store and they have nothing available at the moment, but I expect that will change.  There is no amiibo craze anymore.  You have been able to find any of the recent ones at stores.  Just have to buy them promptly when they come out. 

Been waiting for this since day one. Knew this would come back up. $21 is an unfortunate price but oh well

Just ordered in store. Free shipping to store.

Edit: nevermind. Guy was wrong. No free shipping to store.

Can't even get to checkout so it must be OOS again. GS website really is shit; so outdated and it's unfortunate that they got this exclusive. Will have to check stores tomorrow. . .

Yeah, I'm not paying $16 plus tax plus $5 shipping for an amiibo that shouldn't be more than $13.  If I can get it in store I will.  If not, oh well, I'm not too worried about it.

Yeah, they've long been released here.  I haven't seen any in the wild for a long time.  I actually want them also; I skipped them and was waiting on a sale that never came (for me).

Green Boy in particular has been a bitch to find. I haven’t seen him in incredibly long.

I assume he’ll be reprinted like Purple Boy/Green Girl was sometime after Octo comes out, though.

Is it just the BOTW or is it some of the 30th Anniversary ones?
All I have seen so far are BoTW available for shipping and in some stores. I haven't personally seen them yet due to them not being available right now in my area. I hope they all get reprinted. There's a bunch I didn't get.

Preorders for the Mega Man Amiibo Edition are also available in store.
I'll have to see if they are still open for pre-order later on then, I'm out of town on business so hopefully they don't sell out too fast. I wish Gamestop would allow you to pre-order and do instore pickup.

Capcom 1: So how do we make this game cost twice as much for a collector's edition?

Capcom 2: Lets throw in the amiibo

Capcom 1: Okay but that's only $15 in value

Capcom 2: Oh, good call. Lets throw in microfiber, stickers and a patch. That will only cost us $1.

Capcom 1: Yes, very good, lets offer GameStop the exclusivity on it too.

Capcom 2: Mission Accomplished

bread's done
Back