amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is GameStop good about auto adjusting the price?

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Yeah they dropped the price then increased it. Good job GameStop. And to boot: their preorder pricing policy is that you pay the actual price when it comes out. If you pre-ordered at a lower price they'll offer for you pay the higher price or cancel.

Yeah they dropped the price then increased it. Good job GameStop. And to boot: their preorder pricing policy is that you pay the actual price when it comes out. If you pre-ordered at a lower price they'll offer for you pay the higher price or cancel.
I would consider this at $50 because I have some trade credit but $60 seems a bit high for something that will probably get converted to preowned if they make too many (and probably will)

re: the amiibo package deal, Gamestop's pricing statement says even if you got in at $49.99, they will still charge you $59.99 if the item price is $59.99 when it comes out

If it's 59.99
I will just stick with the regular edition hoping for a individual release. $30 for an amiibo is a new low for gamestop , if that's what the price difference is.

Well, that is one way for the publisher to get $59.99 for Mega Man 11. 

I won't be doing this.  The amiibo will be offered elsewhere or else it will be offered stand alone.  Gold Mega Man with the game was available from multiple retailers. 

This is more Gamestop nonsense.   If the amiibo doesn't have its own packaging then I don't care anyways.  If you were planning on opening it, well then you could use the original Mega Man amiibo instead.   I'm just not jumping through hoops for this shit anymore.  Gamestop pricing and availability is stupid. 

Well, that is one way for the publisher to get $59.99 for Mega Man 11.

I won't be doing this. The amiibo will be offered elsewhere or else it will be offered stand alone. Gold Mega Man with the game was available from multiple retailers.

This is more Gamestop nonsense. If the amiibo doesn't have its own packaging then I don't care anyways. If you were planning on opening it, well then you could use the original Mega Man amiibo instead. I'm just not jumping through hoops for this shit anymore. Gamestop pricing and availability is stupid.
It's possible the Amiibo on it's own is not gamestop exclusive, I've only personally seen the Amiibo Edition (Game + Amiibo + misc goodies) labelled exclusive. There is still some chance the amiibo gets sold separately

Not sure if this is true or not but in talking with a GS employee about Solaire being delayed (apparently?) due to the switch version of Dark Souls being delayed, he mentioned it's sounding like stores may not even carry it now. Possibly online exclusive going forward and that he was able to take my preorder for delivery only. Considering I'd missed being able to order it a few times now, I just bit the bullet and ordered. Whether I was taken for a ride, I have no idea yet but in your opinions does this hold any water? I'm not even close to a collector of these things, just select ones I want to display but just wanted to give a heads up in case it's solid info.

Has anyone's Dark Souls amiibo from Gamestop shipped yet? Mine has been in processing for a week now.

edit - I didn't read the last post before making my post.

Not sure if this is true or not but in talking with a GS employee about Solaire being delayed (apparently?) due to the switch version of Dark Souls being delayed, he mentioned it's sounding like stores may not even carry it now. Possibly online exclusive going forward and that he was able to take my preorder for delivery only. Considering I'd missed being able to order it a few times now, I just bit the bullet and ordered. Whether I was taken for a ride, I have no idea yet but in your opinions does this hold any water? I'm not even close to a collector of these things, just select ones I want to display but just wanted to give a heads up in case it's solid info.
Thanks for the tip. Thought this ship had sailed for me. I was able to preorder for delivery in store.

Gamestop employees have no idea what they are talking about most of the time. They only know what the computer shows them in the listings, and the computer has both mis-labels AND code names for unreleased amiibos and other unreleased collector's figures in the system. They don't know things until it's too late. Every time I have brought news from the forum into one of the dozen stores in my metro, four out of five times they don't know what's going on. They only start to become informed through people like us asking questions about new release pre-orders.

That's not to say that the workers are bad. They do their best. But they are stuck with a shitty old computer system, the company is run poorly starting with the upper management, and there are never enough pre-orders or stock to go around for the in-demand merchandise.

Gamestop employees have no idea what they are talking about most of the time. They only know what the computer shows them in the listings, and the computer has both mis-labels AND code names for unreleased amiibos and other unreleased collector's figures in the system. They don't know things until it's too late. Every time I have brought news from the forum into one of the dozen stores in my metro, four out of five times they don't know what's going on. They only start to become informed through people like us asking questions about new release pre-orders.

That's not to say that the workers are bad. They do their best. But they are stuck with a shitty old computer system, the company is run poorly starting with the upper management, and there are never enough pre-orders or stock to go around for the in-demand merchandise.
For sure, and I can tell when they're flat out clueless or lying but in this instance he seemed well informed and even went into depth on why the Switch release was apparently delayed (framerate issues, surprise!). At that point he seemed sincere enough to have some knowledge of the situation, but of course it could always be misinformation since I can't verify. Just a grain of salt situation so I opted to err on the side of caution. ;)

How's play Asia? Keep seeing it brought up but never purchased from there. Do they charge immediately? Or put a hold? I'd rather pay them the $22 and get the game with GCU for a total of $45 rather than the $67 I'm spending at GS.

How's play Asia? Keep seeing it brought up but never purchased from there. Do they charge immediately? Or put a hold? I'd rather pay them the $22 and get the game with GCU for a total of $45 rather than the $67 I'm spending at GS.
Unless you somehow get free shipping, cost of amiibo will be $32.89 from playasia with cheapest shopping option. If you go with Express, it's another $9.

This is why I stop shopping at gamestop years ago
None of us want to, but this appears to be a GS exclusive.

How do they do that? Send an email stating the price increased so do you want to pay it?

re: the amiibo package deal, Gamestop's pricing statement says even if you got in at $49.99, they will still charge you $59.99 if the item price is $59.99 when it comes out

How do they do that? Send an email stating the price increased so do you want to pay it?
Yeah, how do they do that? I have an email that shows $49. This should be interesting....

I've used nin-nin a few times in the past and while shopping from these sites is balls expensive, everything has come perfectly packaged and flawless. I'd recommend them if you really don't want to support GS. I got a $5 off welcome code when I signed up too so that was nice.

That was quick. I saw the videogamedeals Tweet about it this morning and got an order in for free ship to store. I tried to link to the Tweet but it wouldn't let me.

Went in to the local GameStop and placed $5 down on a pre-order for the Mega Man 11 amiibo edition.  Went home and cancelled my online order to save myself $4.99 on shipping.

Visited a GameStop that I only frequent every other month. Saw a Player 2 Cloud Amiibo with a few other semi rare ones. Grabbed the Cloud and asked the new guy why it was just put out, as it hadn't been there before. Apparently the store leader was shipping rare ones in the district to his store, and them holding them in the back room for 30 days before he could buy them himself to sell online. He had left GS earlier that week for a better job elsewhere, so the new guy just put them on the rack to sell.

In the past I had asked this guy to his face if I could buy one of those P2 Clouds since his store said it had stock when I checked online, and he had told me someone had just called to put it on hold. fuck that guy.

Visited a GameStop that I only frequent every other month. Saw a Player 2 Cloud Amiibo with a few other semi rare ones. Grabbed the Cloud and asked the new guy why it was just put out, as it hadn't been there before. Apparently the store leader was shipping rare ones in the district to his store, and them holding them in the back room for 30 days before he could buy them himself to sell online. He had left GS earlier that week for a better job elsewhere, so the new guy just put them on the rack to sell.

In the past I had asked this guy to his face if I could buy one of those P2 Clouds since his store said it had stock when I checked online, and he had told me someone had just called to put it on hold. fuck that guy.
Pretty sure by policy you can't ask to hold stuff over the phone, at least I've been told that.

bread's done
Back