amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my Best Buy pre-orders on Saturday. Got Young Link & Ken. Although Daisy came out great too I gotta limit myself & pick & choose. Right afterward I walked across the parking lot to Target. Noticed they had zero shelf space for their amiibo any more. Sucks. Best Buy still does though & they had a bunch of Lil Mac’s on shelf. About 7 or 8 of em’ I’d say.

At Target all the amiibo are just crammed into a glass case in the Nintendo section. Lol. They had about 3 Ken’s, 2 Daisy’s, about 5 Young Links and for restocks they had about 6 Sonic’s & I even saw 2 Bowser Jr.’s. When I spoke to the employee in electronics he mentioned they had even more amiibo behind the counter. He had a couple each of the new ones back there & even a couple Meta Knights he said. Great to see the restocks are trickling out to stores finally. Haven’t stopped by any GameStop’s lately but cool to hear people are getting SSB Wario, etc. As far as restocks go I hope to get a SSB Diddy Kong & Luigi & still need a BOTW Archer Link. And SSB Snake will be getting pre-ordered with the quickness as soon as he goes live on Best Buy. Not going for a complete set, just go for the ones I like the most.

Also worth mentioning, at a different local Best Buy I noticed they don’t have any shelf space for amiibo anymore. Also couldn’t find a glass case or anything with amiibo in it. Maybe they’re store pick-up/online only at that store now. Not sure.

Amiibo wish list:

SMB series Wario, Goomba, Boo, Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong. Also Skyward Sword Link, Poochy & Qbby

I have a major surgery coming up at the beginning of May, so my ability to follow all of this stuff is going to be severely diminished for weeks. I really, really hope that we get a pre-order for Snake before then, as I badly want to lock that one in. 

I have a major surgery coming up at the beginning of May, so my ability to follow all of this stuff is going to be severely diminished for weeks. I really, really hope that we get a pre-order for Snake before then, as I badly want to lock that one in.
I’ll try to snag an extra pre-order at my GCU price (plus like $3.00 for media mail shipping) just in case you need it. I’ll message you after I lock em in to see if you’re able to respond. If not, I’ll just hold it for you until I hear back.

I’ll try to snag an extra pre-order at my GCU price (plus like $3.00 for media mail shipping) just in case you need it. I’ll message you after I lock em in to see if you’re able to respond. If not, I’ll just hold it for you until I hear back.
That is extremely nice of you. Thank you!!

Update to my previous post. Went back to that Best Buy. Found their amiibo section. Must of walked right by it that previous visit. They were completely sold out of the 3 new amiibo but had a decent selection of some others.

I threw an order in at BB (with GCU) for the four BotW Champions and the three new Smash Amiibo.

Originally passed on the BotW's, but kinda been wanting them now since I finally played a good chunk of that game recently.

Isabelle is already sold out at Best Buy? If it comes back in stock can someone please post here as I'd rather pick it up with GCU discount. Was able to get preorders for the other two.

Isabelle is already sold out at Best Buy? If it comes back in stock can someone please post here as I'd rather pick it up with GCU discount. Was able to get preorders for the other two.
It will. Plus it will be in stock at other stores. And day of release they allways come back in stock even of only for a few hours or so.

I had to talk myself out of a Ken today. $16 is just too much for these things. Looked cool though.
Two of the three I saw last week were still at my Walmart, I noticed it was only $12.96. I bit. As soon as I got home, unboxed it, and placed it on my shelf, I questioned the purchase.

I've only spent $55 on entertainment stuff this year outside of streaming services, so it's not so bad....but still...

All I can say is thank god there's no WWE Legend amiibos. I'd be in trouble then.

I'd bet many missing a release date at this point will likely be part of the Nintendo Direct for E3 on June 11th.  They always announce some dates for Amiibo in those.

Just revealed...

Releasing September 20, 2019

Link – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
Squirtle – Super Smash Bros. series
Ivysaur – Super Smash Bros. series
Solid Snake – Super Smash Bros. series

Coming in November 2019

Incineroar – Super Smash Bros. series
Chrom – Super Smash Bros. series
Simon Belmont – Super Smash Bros. series

Coming in 2020

Dark Samus – Super Smash Bros. series
Richter – Super Smash Bros. series

I just saw Pichu on the site tonight. I must’ve missed that preorder before, unless I can’t find it in my order history.

Just ordered it and all the new Smash ones...ugh.

That new Links Awakening amiibo is adorable but that makes 10 different Link amiibos now. I think that's enough and there's tons of other Nintendo characters that don't have even one.

That new Links Awakening amiibo is adorable but that makes 10 different Link amiibos now. I think that's enough and there's tons of other Nintendo characters that don't have even one.
Never.
We are still missing several links. Fierce Deity, BOTW Gerudo Link, WW Link in his blue and orange clothes, and last but not least the kid with the big ass booger from the home island.

Maybe those other characters should try to be as marketable as Link. There's a reason all the Animal Dropping amiibo clogged the clearance bins for years.

I just remembered I had preordered the Diablo Loot Goblin amiibo back in February from Gamestop.com, which said it would ship 531, yet it's still in pending for me. The website shows it in stock but when I called CS they told me they are showing none in the warehouse, and that it's an error. I'm not sure I 100% believe that, but has anyone gotten one from GS recently? Tempted to make an order and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just remembered I had preordered the Diablo Loot Goblin amiibo back in February from Gamestop.com, which said it would ship 531, yet it's still in pending for me. The website shows it in stock but when I called CS they told me they are showing none in the warehouse, and that it's an error. I'm not sure I 100% believe that, but has anyone gotten one from GS recently? Tempted to make an order and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I haven't and still pending.

I got my Loot Goblin. It arrived when it was supposed to. It sounds like you might have gotten screwed out of your pre-order.
well that depends on when they preordered it, i preordered in nov when it first came out, it sold out soon and when it went back up for preorder they changed the date several times cause of nintendo and pushed it back to may, i got mine right away in nov but those that didnt order in time had to wait, between resellers and nintendo amiibos coming first they may have forced gamestop to shorten supplies and wait again

bread's done
Back