amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to place an order yesterday for the Loot Goblin amiibo and just got a shipping confirmation a few minutes ago, so their CS was full of it when they told me they had none in the warehouse. I'll call them tomorrow to cancel my pending order from February.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ironically my order from February shipped today, didn't even have a chance to cancel it. Maybe me calling made them realize they screwed up. XD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer to this. Given the recent reveal of FFVII Remake and nostalgia and whatnot, I've been looking at Cloud Amiibos on eBay. I'm trying to collect US releases like my other Amiibos (I haven't purchased too many in the last 2-3 years) but I noticed some of them have have English+multiple other languages and am confused.  

I found a few Player 1 variants with just English but most have Eng+other langues. But Player 2, I see they're all Eng+multi language. What's standard for a US release for these...? 

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer to this. Given the recent reveal of FFVII Remake and nostalgia and whatnot, I've been looking at Cloud Amiibos on eBay. I'm trying to collect US releases like my other Amiibos (I haven't purchased too many in the last 2-3 years) but I noticed some of them have have English+multiple other languages and am confused.

I found a few Player 1 variants with just English but most have Eng+other langues. But Player 2, I see they're all Eng+multi language. What's standard for a US release for these...?
From my understanding, the newer waves of amiibos and reprints of older waves all have multiple languages on the packaging now. I'm assuming this makes it easier for them to shift inventory between territories as needed, to avoid shortages like in the past where Japan may have stock of a certain amiibo that could no longer be found in North America or Europe.

I don't have my amiibos with me to check the Cloud variants for you, but my guess is that you're finding a lot of the Player 2 reprints on eBay. If I recall correctly, the Player 2 variant was originally a Gamestop-exclusive (when Player 2 Bayonetta and Corrin were exclusive to Best Buy and Amazon, respectively). The reprints probably outnumber the original stock by a significant margin. I was only able to purchase the Bayonetta variant originally and had to wait for the recent reprint in order to pick up Cloud myself. The female Corrin amiibo was probably the most difficult to find back then, and I'm still waiting for it to be re-released.

Nintendo was also going through a stupid phase (again) with retailer exclusives. Cloud P2 was a GS exclusive until the reprint went wide.

From my understanding, the newer waves of amiibos and reprints of older waves all have multiple languages on the packaging now. I'm assuming this makes it easier for them to shift inventory between territories as needed, to avoid shortages like in the past where Japan may have stock of a certain amiibo that could no longer be found in North America or Europe.
I'm so torn now if I should open my original print run Amiibo, without the multiple languages. Or pick up the reprints to open.

Isabelle amiibo back in stock at Best Buy
Sold out already. This one seems to be pretty hard to get. It was only up for preorder for a short amount of time, while the other two that came out today never went out of stock during the preorder phase. Only 3 Best Buys in 100 mile radius even have it in stock (all limited stock). I did get a preorder through Target but they havent shipped it yet.

It's almost like they saw how badly the Animal Crossing line sold, so they severely shorted the amount of Isabelle they put out there (despite it being part of the SSB line).

I sure am glad they made it so any given amiibo for a character works as a FP in Smash.

That Animal Crossing amiibo Festival bundle that went super-cheap on Walmart clearance and comes with Isabelle's winter outfit amiibo doesn't seem like such a crazy buy anymore, does it?

Didn't see a single extra Isabelle anywhere today. Plenty of Pichus at Gamestop and those with a few Pokemon Trainers at Best Buy, but nothing more.

Hell target raised the price on the isabelle amiibo. One point it was 23.99 then drop to 19.99 and still sold out.
I preordered mine from Target at $15.99, but that was right when it was listed. I did notice them raising the price to $23.99 later which was a little surprising since at first I thought it was a third party and not Target itself. Official retailers usually don't pull that shit.

Also, mine got delivered today from Target despite never getting a shipping email.

So the Bayonetta restock at BB was player one, not player 2 like the picture on the website shows. Ugh.
That's a bummer. I almost ordered it for pickup but went in store and saw rows of it but no p2 even though they had it listed for 1 hour pickup.

Isabelle's sold out at the 3 best buy I stopped by, but plenty of Pichu and some Pokemon trainer.

I did pick up a mint Dr Mario to replace the damaged one I got on eBay for $5 or so bucks two years ago.

So you can only use one amibo per game
Meaning I can’t use Mario for smash bros in Mariokart or odyssey just for an example

Or maybe better would be Link , cross use for Zelda and super smash ??

Or just one amibo has only one use??

You can only store one games data on the amiibo but most games don’t store anything on them just read them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit, nevermind. I forgot Target's system is trash and will make it look like stuff is in stock but then says "Item(s) not added to your cart. Only 0 items left in stock at this time." when you actually try to buy it. Good job, Target.

Shit, nevermind. I forgot Target's system is trash and will make it look like stuff is in stock but then says "Item(s) not added to your cart. Only 0 items left in stock at this time." when you actually try to buy it. Good job, Target.
Hey, at least they are no longer scalping it at $23.99. Though they will probably raise the price again one it really does come back in stock.

Oh snap! Isabelle and King-K-Rool for MSRP. I'll take those directly from Nintendo, thank you. The shipping is a little bit of a pain, but no different than what I would see from GameStop or the like. I'm just sorry they don't currently have the Pirhanna plant up for sale.

In store pick only.
That's the only option I see. That sucks. They put that giant pick up sticker on it.
Just swap it out in store for a non stickered one or have your goalie from your hockey team that works there make sure they lightly attach only a corner of it.

Best buy put up chrom and Simon Belmont. Incineroar is there too but currently oos. Not sure if he was ever available
Sweet, I got Incineroar and Simon. I always like when they release FE characters, because they are part of the select few from the SSB series that I don't get.

bread's done
Back