amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Officially got all of my Amiibo's in from Gamestop as of today! No discounts but they are in great condition. Also managed to get rid of the extra Magnamalo I ended up with from the Collectors Edition, which covered the Smash set I just got.

I also got the call for 2 out of the 3 amiibos. I don't do many preorders with them... What do yall think? I've heard some horror stories. Should I wait until the 3rd one arrives and pick all 3 up together, or go in and grab the 2 and make a second trip.
I picked up one of the 2 I had on preorder today (Palico) and the message said I had 48 hours to pick it up, so I wouldn't risk it if I was you. Maybe give it to the 2nd day to see if the other one arrives. Also, I was able to get the $5 discount. The cashier didn't mention it at first, but when I said I heard they were giving $5 off each for the delay, the guy pulled up a coupon code that indeed gave it $5 off, so definitely ask if they don't initially offer it.

My store said they aren't getting them until the 9th although I've heard so many people getting 2 of the 3 today. Hope my store doesn't screw this up like usual

Capcom is listed at the publisher on GS.com unlike the Smash amiibo which list Nintendo. I think Nintendo would let the publisher decide the volume though certainly they could limit. With only one retailer, I image Capcom saying to GS 'how many you want?' then passing that number along to Nintendo to manufacture.

It's probably less on "They didn't make enough" and more on "Transit for a lot of things has been a nightmare on account of some boat that blocked up one waterway that everyone seems to use".

Like, even if the amiibo weren't on a cargo ship using the canal, the impact it had on shipping and logistics *everywhere* is massive because of things needing rerouted, picked up for alternate transit, etc.  Amiibo are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, and easily delayed in favor of more important items (like medical supplies, or food).

That being said, I got my first two (Magnamalo and Palico) on Friday, and was told the Palamute had already shipped out at that point and should be ready for me to pickup this week.  I have an extra Magna from getting the Collectors's edition, but I think I'll just leave that one in the package and the big box for completion's sake.

It's probably less on "They didn't make enough" and more on "Transit for a lot of things has been a nightmare on account of some boat that blocked up one waterway that everyone seems to use".

Like, even if the amiibo weren't on a cargo ship using the canal, the impact it had on shipping and logistics *everywhere* is massive because of things needing rerouted, picked up for alternate transit, etc. Amiibo are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, and easily delayed in favor of more important items (like medical supplies, or food).
#truthbomb2021

Just received two $5 GS gift cards by e-mail. Looks like for people that preordered the Rise amiibos on GS dot com, they are sending them out a few hours after the amiibos ship.
Those that preordered in store get $5 off each Amiibo. An email was sent to the stores with a code for them to scan when you pick up the Amiibo to trigger the discount.

I also didn't get $5 off mine either, but not going to complain too much. Magnamalo looks more impressive than the pre-launch rendering. Not a fan of the series so didn't pre-order the other two, but wouldn't mind picking up a few more of the old "stories" amiibos if I can.  :p

Hu4Ophc.png

I also didn't get $5 off mine either, but not going to complain too much. Magnamalo looks more impressive than the pre-launch rendering. Not a fan of the series so didn't pre-order the other two, but wouldn't mind picking up a few more of the old "stories" amiibos if I can. :p

Hu4Ophc.png
Picked mine up today. It really is a gorgeous amiibo. Super impressed

My gamestop finally had all 3 monster hunter amiibo today. Was surprised as I called earlier and they said they had gotten 2 of the 3 the other day. Of course they never called for any of them. They weren't going to give the $5 off either until I told them about it. So everyone should be getting them sooner than expected.

I walked into a Target today and checked the Switch aisle. They had restocked the Animal Crossing x Sanrio amiibo cards. There must have been at least a dozen on the rack. Picked one up.

I walked into a Target today and checked the Switch aisle. They had restocked the Animal Crossing x Sanrio amiibo cards. There must have been at least a dozen on the rack. Picked one up.
Good info thanks! If you have a chance to pick up another Id gladly pay you for them

Went to GS today to see if I could pre-order the Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo targeted for July release. The answer's no.

Ugh, I just noticed Target canceled my Byleth Amiibo order, after showing “back ordered” for a while. fuck.

Now I have to try and track that down.

Ugh, I just noticed Target canceled my Byleth Amiibo order, after showing “back ordered” for a while. fuck.

Now I have to try and track that down.

Bestbuy has that one online still you can order. Seems like Terry might be the only one out of the 3 gone at this point.

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart. I had checked Best Buy and saw they weren’t available.

Had checked Walmart earlier also, but I hate their site (and must’ve just not found them myself).

I didnt think walmart was selling them this time. There search on the site is crappy as all hell lol. I should have done a Google search.

Anyone have any leads on retail richter and Pokémon trainer? Recently got back into finishing a full smash set and was able to pick up all releases from the last year or so except these two, just found Isabelle, Simon and hero at Nintendo NYC today so those are the last two to be complete for now

I visited my local GameStop this morning and found out from staff that the Monster Hunter Stories 2 Collector's Edition with Razewing Ratha amiibo is now available for preorder in-store. Costs $99.99. The SKU is 284749 in case your associate has trouble finding it in the system.

The amiibo were not yet available individually. My guess is that those will go live next week after the Monster Hunter livestream Tuesday, April 27th.

I visited my local GameStop this morning and found out from staff that the Monster Hunter Stories 2 Collector's Edition with Razewing Ratha amiibo is now available for preorder in-store. Costs $99.99. The SKU is 284749 in case your associate has trouble finding it in the system.

The amiibo were not yet available individually. My guess is that those will go live next week after the Monster Hunter livestream Tuesday, April 27th.
Damnit. I went to gamestop today and they looked it up and said the game and amiibo are in the system now but couldn't be preordered yet. Probably will be one day this week. Probably just saw the amiibo and assumed that included the game.

Thanks for the SKU. They could do the regular version but the collectors is showing as “available switch sku” and was preorderable. Here’s to hoping that I don’t have to worry about the sku being incorrect though. I’m so over the amiibo frustration.

Listings for the three individual Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo are now online on GameStop but not yet active:

Ena ($19.99)

Tsukino ($19.99)

Razewing Rathalos ($22.99)

I won't be able to head out to GameStop again until Friday, so I cannot confirm if these are already available for in-store preorder.

Hoping to get them instore this time to avoid the stupidly overpriced shipping that somehow still applies despite being over the free shipping limit.

I inquired about the Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibo in-store today, and here is what I found out:

1. As of this moment, Razewing Ratha will not be available for preorder in-store, but stock will be available launch day first-come, first-serve.

2. Tsukino and Ena were showing as sold out in the system and so I was unable to reserve either.

I was warned last week when I preordered the Collector's Edition that the Stories amiibo would probably be harder to get than the ones for Rise since it's not a main series game and would likely have fewer units produced.

The most recent update I’ve seen on the Monster Hunter Stories 2 is that there will be no preorder and that the amiibo will just show up for first come first serve on release day. So who knows.

Yeah I tried both the CE and Amiibo in-store yesterday and today and was told they were sold out.

Luckily I got the CE online, but not a fan of how annoying it is to get amiibo again. Definitely not camping out in the midwest mid pandemic. I'll just stalk Playasia/AmiAmi/Amazon jp and pay the premium

Same story here, stopped by the store today. The stores have not done preorders yet and don't know if/when they will do them. They've been listed in their system since last week so hopefully it won't be first come first serve when they release and they do preorders

I just moved, and found a box of amiibo I forgot I had.  Full unopened Metroid collection and both Bayonettas.  Was about to open them and display, and checked the ol internet since nintendo...  I had no idea these were worth a decent amount of moolah.  Is there a better way than ebay to try and sell amiibo?  I've only ever used ebay to buy and never sold anything.

Edit:

I see the amiibo trade thread.  I'll post there to see if any CAGs need these.

I have zero interest in the actual game... but I'll try and get the accessories and amiibobees!  :razz:

Hopefully Nintendo is hard at working manufacturing additional joycon stock!

bread's done
Back